4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

The Holy Diver

Buddy Hightower

As usual they wasted a way to tie SP into online.

Instead of going around stealing Capitale...lol, we should have been looking for the Cornwall bearer bonds.

We find 1 here, we find 1 there, we turn them in, ok whatever.. then when story mode rolls around Arthur finds all of them on the train in chapter 1 and the gang steals them.

Bingo

• Like 4

On 7/15/2021 at 11:59 PM, Next-Gen Vercettis said:

I thought all the horses around were from players starting a blood money mission. Like it puts you in a solo session for the mission but leaves the horse behind? I saw a lot standing around or running away (always in the direction of Emerald Station) from Joe's place.

But, is anyone having issues when calling your horse or wagon to appear.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:19 AM, Bi9Daddy68 said:

But, is anyone having issues when calling your horse or wagon to appear.

Only the same issues I've had all along......where they spawn.

Back after two straight months of Halo5 multiplayer, & this, THIS is f***in' crapfest they give the player base? A weak battle pass, & more STRANGER MISSIONS. Really. Ima finish the pass, & you can find me in futuristic Spartan IV armor in Halo. F*** Rockstar. Since gorram BETA they have been promising " Big Things " yeah. My horse's ASS. Glad I saved all the gold I could, & grabbed all the stuff that caught my eye. Never spending another RL penny on this kinda dishonest trash. It really feels like all BETA & High level players are treated like F***in DIRT.

Edited by Ronin Ogami

Munt Machine

Really long disjointed rant of 2 years' worth of pent up frustration with this game.

Spoiler

This update... it's just... bland. It's the same thing I've done a hundred times before. It's like they looked at stranger missions, something included from day 1, added a few bells and whistles, slapped a new name on it (Crimes), and called it an update. It feels like all this game is anymore is just mission after mission after mission- go here, kill 100 enemies, grab thing, go somewhere else (while killing 100 more), done. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. It's just an endless grind of the same stuff, and this time, we don't even get anything to show for it! We've got a new source of money, but nothing to actually spend the goddamn money on! Even just more clothes would be SOMETHING. It's been nearly a YEAR since the Naturalist update added new clothes, new weapons, new hairstyles, new horses, new  a n y t h i n g  other than the most surface-level crap.

And does anyone else remember them saying how they had a "plan" for this game? Surely I'm not hallucinating them saying something about progressing (when discussing the Trader role before Frontier Pursuits released) from some small-time punk holed up in our little camps, to some, if I remember right, "railroad baron" (or something along those lines). Well, yesterday I decided to do a Crime (best part of the update is being able to say I "did a Crime") and went to Sean since he was nearby. He went on a long, Irish-accented rant about something or other that I've since forgotten, but I do remember him saying something along the lines of "...lowlifes, miscreants, common criminals, in other words, people like you." That stuck out to me. We're nearly two years past FP, and we're still a common criminal? In the more than 2.5 years online has been out, we haven't progressed past a common f*cking criminal? We've broken out of prison, taken down Teddy Brown, Amos Lancing, and Jeremiah Shaw, started up an illicit moonshine business, murdered a federal agent, and we're still a common criminal? Wow. I mean, fine, I assume that line was more directed at newer players who haven't necessarily done all that stuff, but to hear it as someone who's played from day 1, it's pretty egregious. But it's also eye opening in a way. We've done all this crazy stuff, but we really haven't made any progress. Sure I may be max level in all roles, but it doesn't feel any different than it did when I began. I mean I have fun new role outfits now, but it just doesn't feel different. It doesn't feel like I've actually made any progress in the world, just in the menus. I'm still in my camp with Cripps. A more upgraded camp, but it's still just a camp. I'm still just an errand boy for everyone. I'm still just a mute idiot who has no impact on the world in any way other than by fists and bullets. 

Like, I want to feel like a badass with an actual reputation. Or someone who actually is well-established in their trade. Take the BH for example. $$$ bounties feel the exact same as $ bounties, just harder (maybe). It doesn't feel more official, like I'm an actual licensed bounty hunter or anything, it just feels like I'm going from A to B to C, all while shooting every red dot I see. My character isn't recognized. He's not feared. He's not respected. He's not even known to anyone outside of designated NPCs. I just want to feel like I exist in the world, and after so long this game still fails to do that. 

This game is just failed potential after failed potential... I really thought things would start picking up after Frontier Pursuits, and after Moonshiners, it did seem like RDO's future was pretty bright (if bug filled), but then 7 months passed and we got the Naturalist, a thoroughly mediocre update. I thought "well, Covid definitely messed some things up, so I understand if updates are a bit subpar right now." Then we waited some more, and we got the BH expansion. No matter my dissatisfaction with Blood Money, I still think the BH expansion is the worst update this game has ever gotten. Then another 7 months pass, I get my hopes up, then Blood Money drops and is once again, thoroughly mediocre. That's not only just 3 updates in a year and a half, but 3 distinctly not good updates! 

Good lord. If I can write a damn novel on half my problems with this game, I should probably just stop playing. But I still do.

I wrote all this over the course of like an hour so now I'm just sitting here wondering what the hell possessed me to write all that, but ohhhhh well.

On 7/16/2021 at 2:25 PM, Munt Machine said:

Really long disjointed rant of 2 years' worth of pent up frustration with this game.

Hide contents

This update... it's just... bland. It's the same thing I've done a hundred times before. It's like they looked at stranger missions, something included from day 1, added a few bells and whistles, slapped a new name on it (Crimes), and called it an update. It feels like all this game is anymore is just mission after mission after mission- go here, kill 100 enemies, grab thing, go somewhere else (while killing 100 more), done. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. It's just an endless grind of the same stuff, and this time, we don't even get anything to show for it! We've got a new source of money, but nothing to actually spend the goddamn money on! Even just more clothes would be SOMETHING. It's been nearly a YEAR since the Naturalist update added new clothes, new weapons, new hairstyles, new horses, new  a n y t h i n g  other than the most surface-level crap.

And does anyone else remember them saying how they had a "plan" for this game? Surely I'm not hallucinating them saying something about progressing (when discussing the Trader role before Frontier Pursuits released) from some small-time punk holed up in our little camps, to some, if I remember right, "railroad baron" (or something along those lines). Well, yesterday I decided to do a Crime (best part of the update is being able to say I "did a Crime") and went to Sean since he was nearby. He went on a long, Irish-accented rant about something or other that I've since forgotten, but I do remember him saying something along the lines of "...lowlifes, miscreants, common criminals, in other words, people like you." That stuck out to me. We're nearly two years past FP, and we're still a common criminal? In the more than 2.5 years online has been out, we haven't progressed past a common f*cking criminal? We've broken out of prison, taken down Teddy Brown, Amos Lancing, and Jeremiah Shaw, started up an illicit moonshine business, murdered a federal agent, and we're still a common criminal? Wow. I mean, fine, I assume that line was more directed at newer players who haven't necessarily done all that stuff, but to hear it as someone who's played from day 1, it's pretty egregious. But it's also eye opening in a way. We've done all this crazy stuff, but we really haven't made any progress. Sure I may be max level in all roles, but it doesn't feel any different than it did when I began. I mean I have fun new role outfits now, but it just doesn't feel different. It doesn't feel like I've actually made any progress in the world, just in the menus. I'm still in my camp with Cripps. A more upgraded camp, but it's still just a camp. I'm still just an errand boy for everyone. I'm still just a mute idiot who has no impact on the world in any way other than by fists and bullets. 

Like, I want to feel like a badass with an actual reputation. Or someone who actually is well-established in their trade. Take the BH for example. $$$ bounties feel the exact same as $ bounties, just harder (maybe). It doesn't feel more official, like I'm an actual licensed bounty hunter or anything, it just feels like I'm going from A to B to C, all while shooting every red dot I see. My character isn't recognized. He's not feared. He's not respected. He's not even known to anyone outside of designated NPCs. I just want to feel like I exist in the world, and after so long this game still fails to do that. 

This game is just failed potential after failed potential... I really thought things would start picking up after Frontier Pursuits, and after Moonshiners, it did seem like RDO's future was pretty bright (if bug filled), but then 7 months passed and we got the Naturalist, a thoroughly mediocre update. I thought "well, Covid definitely messed some things up, so I understand if updates are a bit subpar right now." Then we waited some more, and we got the BH expansion. No matter my dissatisfaction with Blood Money, I still think the BH expansion is the worst update this game has ever gotten. Then another 7 months pass, I get my hopes up, then Blood Money drops and is once again, thoroughly mediocre. That's not only just 3 updates in a year and a half, but 3 distinctly not good updates! 

Good lord. If I can write a damn novel on half my problems with this game, I should probably just stop playing. But I still do.

I wrote all this over the course of like an hour so now I'm just sitting here wondering what the hell possessed me to write all that, but ohhhhh well.

You speak for me as well. I've been talking about character progression for a while as well as what R* claimed would happen with the roles when Frontier Pursuits came out. I'm also with you on the camp thing. All the time and effort I've put in since beta days and my character has basically gone nowhere, or certainly doesn't feel like it as you said.

Edited by StyxTx

Was watching stream in twitch and then theres commercial about gta online dlc with 17 new cars and this rdo update did not even add couple new clothing to the store.. wtf R* games? This is not fair lol

YEE

Caffeination

The Blood Money contracts are fine and all, but I must say, the current opportunity is seriously awful. Why would I even bother collecting “C-word” if the content’s dreadful?

AdamNortonUK

Another bug to add to the list, just now skin the Legendary Wakpa Boar and as I was walking to store it on my horse it just disappeared...

Edited by AdamNortonUK

JohnDekkers

The Game keeps throwing me off-line during the 3part crime missions, Jeez what's up with this terrible annoying game????/

Edited by JohnDekkers

On 7/17/2021 at 7:58 AM, JohnDekkers said:

The Game keeps throwing me off-line during the 3part crime missions, Jeez what's up with this terrible annoying game????/

Is "stay online for 5 minutes" one of the daily challenges? If not, it should be.

Edited by StyxTx

JohnDekkers
On 7/17/2021 at 3:28 PM, StyxTx said:

Is "stay online for 5 minutes" one of the daily challenges? If not, it should be.

And it should reward 5 goldbars

Every single time I:

shoot an NPC

kill an animal (even if my horse tramples it)

pick up a collectible

start/finish a daily challenge

gain XP for any reason

The "Rockstar has awarded you..." message appears even though clearly I have not been given another reward of any kind for simply existing in game.

So F\/CKING annoying!   🤬

Edited by kcole4001

On 7/17/2021 at 12:33 PM, kcole4001 said:

Every single time I:

shoot an NPC

pick up a collectible

gain XP for any reason

The "Rockstar has awarded you..." message appears even though clearly I have not been given another reward of any kind for simply existing in game.

I'm surprised to hear it because R* has always been so good about not introducing issues any time they release something. 🤠

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

I really admire all you guys who still have enough strength to grind more money ang gbs. We are not getting any new catalogue items since naturalist update and after several hundred in-game hours you have literally everything (and a lot of gbs and money still to spend). Of course playing some missions with friends are enjoyable but doing it all solo doesn't enjoy me anymore. Especially after this hopeless update. 

Edited by Franula

Shadowfennekin
On 7/17/2021 at 2:50 PM, Franula said:

I really admire all you guys who still have enough strength to grind more money ang gbs. We are not getting any new catalogue items since naturalist update and after several hundred in-game hours you have literally everything (and a lot of gbs and money still to spend). Of course playing some missions with friends are enjoyable but doing it all solo doesn't enjoy me anymore. Especially after this hopeless update. 

As soon as I maxed the Pass, I was out lol

The game's just not fun. I want proper Outlaw stuff, property, Mexico....

DarkReign27
On 7/17/2021 at 2:50 PM, Franula said:

Ya I'm not playing it much after I finished the pass only took me a bit. I used to be on it almost eevry day but it's the same everything now the battle pass nonsense makes me turn right off with mediocre fomo stuff they offer like every game. I used to play all the GTAs forever, Max Payne 2 and 3 all the time but it eventually dies the desire of being in a world that almost never changes from a publisher/company that has all the resources and money they could need.

I though these two live service GTAV/RDR2 would keep entertaining me but it's more of a repetitive chore it's dying like the single player games of the past unchanging or re-runs you're forced to watch. I will check in because my character is life like or friends want to play it one day or the gun fights now and then but ya after this hopeless update be more distancing than I was already. Time to move on to better stuff, I'm missing out on games that try.

• Like 2

Sean being a part of this Capitale nonsense is as realistic as Micah being a moral compass. Sean hated snobs, especially the ones like Catherine Braithwaite. Why the hell would he work for Bronte? The gang didn't even know about Bronte, pre-RDR2 they all were in New Austin and Blackwater! 

• Like 6

darkmaster234

this people are complete clowns! whereas the hoola gunbelt is fixed for me...now it clipps as it never did before with many coats.

Idk why they add missions with absolutely no replayability. I have max capitale, once they release the next missions im done with the blood money BS. Why tf would i grind missions to find capitale to do missions i already completed? It was a waste of currency. The whole concept of it is stupid, the martelli guy seeks US out and then only trusts us with the big missions of we find capitale for him? If they were going to take this long with a update, they couldve just gave us the rest of the laclerk missions instead creating a whole new storyline. Finish her damn story first before creating more! 

i also feel like a hobo, im tired of living in cripps camp. After damn near 3 years of playing, we are still in the same position, just way richer. Sad.

travilanche
On 7/18/2021 at 4:00 AM, Bigglo145 said:

Idk why they add missions with absolutely no replayability. I have max capitale, once they release the next missions im done with the blood money BS. Why tf would i grind missions to find capitale to do missions i already completed? It was a waste of currency. The whole concept of it is stupid, the martelli guy seeks US out and then only trusts us with the big missions of we find capitale for him? If they were going to take this long with a update, they couldve just gave us the rest of the laclerk missions instead creating a whole new storyline. Finish her damn story first before creating more! 

i also feel like a hobo, im tired of living in cripps camp. After damn near 3 years of playing, we are still in the same position, just way richer. Sad.

I have enough money I could buy Valentine. Yet I’m still sleeping in the dirt, running errands for an eleventy year old drunk Nothing about this game makes sense. And it makes less sense the more they add. It’s very unlikely I’ll ever be returning to red dead online. Which really sucks because there are no other westerns to play. But this one is so far  down in the sh*tter at this point there’s no way to save it. It would have to be completely rebuilt from the ground up. 

Rockstar only hurt themselves by ruining this game the way they have. I now no longer give a crap about GTA VI because I don’t trust these guys anymore. They’ve shown that all talent and vision that used to work for this company is long gone and never coming back. 

Thinking about how amazing their games used to be, and then thinking about what a dumpster fire RDO is, it’s kinda surreal. 

• Like 4

On 7/18/2021 at 5:26 AM, Drimes said:

Sean being a part of this Capitale nonsense is as realistic as Micah being a moral compass. Sean hated snobs, especially the ones like Catherine Braithwaite. Why the hell would he work for Bronte? The gang didn't even know about Bronte, pre-RDR2 they all were in New Austin and Blackwater! 

And it's the worst thing. R* is spoiling RDR story logic just to implement their sick ideas into poor online game. I hope they'll say someday that RDO isn't canonic (I doubt they will) because there is much more plot nonsenses there. 

Edited by Franula
  • Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 2:48 PM, Franula said:

And it's the worst thing. R* is spoiling RDR story logic just to implement their sick ideas into poor online game. I hope they'll say someday that RDO isn't canonic (I doubt they will) because there is much more plot nonsenses there. 

If they do that or not, either way, Rockstar clearly doesn't give a damn about Red Dead anymore. All these updates for the past 2 years, and what do we have to show for it? Still living outside, still no property other than the Moonshine house or camp. Collector is still the A+ way to earn money. I wanna gunsling and make a buck of it goddamn it, is that so much to ask for Rockstar? I swear, it's ironic how everyone parrots Dutch (including myself) about FAITH, MANGOES, and all that jazz, but that is exactly what Rockstar has come to. Online has ruined Rockstar and just ensured Take Two to provide least possible to see if we're gonna keep eating sh*t. Rockstar won't see a dime from me in the future in either Red Dead Online or the Oppressor MK2 simulator.

Edited by Drimes

AdamNortonUK
On 7/17/2021 at 6:33 PM, kcole4001 said:

Every single time I:

shoot an NPC

pick up a collectible

gain XP for any reason

Yes this is very annoying! I haven't been able to long press to bring up the map as I have to wait for those damn two notifications, I mean do R* even attempt to play the content as this is something that should have been picked up in QA if they actually tested their  content!

On 7/18/2021 at 10:04 AM, Drimes said:

If they do that or not, either way, Rockstar clearly doesn't give a damn about Red Dead anymore. All these updates for the past 2 years, and what do we have to show for it? Still living outside, still no property other than the Moonshine house or camp. Collector is still the A+ way to earn money. I wanna gunsling and make a buck of it goddamn it, is that so much to ask for Rockstar? I swear, it's ironic how everyone parrots Dutch (including myself) about FAITH, MANGOES, and all that jazz, but that is exactly what Rockstar has come to. Online has ruined Rockstar and just ensured Take Two to provide least possible to see if we're gonna keep eating sh*t. Rockstar won't see a dime from me in the future in either Red Dead Online or the Oppressor MK2 simulator.

I think they're more focused on their next-gen game development at this point, rather than these old-gen games. GTA6 and RDR3 get most of their development time, more than likely. I could be wrong, but they'd be fools not to make RDR3, as RDR2 made a fortune and won widespread critical acclaim.

JohnDekkers
On 7/18/2021 at 4:32 PM, Assblaster said:

I think they're more focused on their next-gen game development at this point, rather than these old-gen games. GTA6 and RDR3 get most of their development time, more than likely. I could be wrong, but they'd be fools not to make RDR3, as RDR2 made a fortune and won widespread critical acclaim.

Another ten years to wait than, Money ..Money..Money...Ka-ching!

GtaHitmanStrikesBack

They just continue to make a mockery of this game and the people that are keeping it afloat. Ever since the update I've been stuck in never ending loading screens, animations that wont play for picking up objects or trying to focus on clues. Connections errors are happening way more frequently now and I've seen a whole host of new bugs popping up like npcs not appearing to start moonshine deliveries and just now I tried to do a moonshine delivery and it spawned me without the delivery wagon and there was no way to do anything. Absolutely horrendous quality control from the so called biggest games company in the world. 

AdamNortonUK

Hmm go to Blackwater to $$$ Bounty Mission and get sent to Monto's Rest in Strawberry, do a $$$ and get sent to the Blackwater Camp... I thought they said they fixed some issues with the Bounty missions where it sends you do a different state.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:32 AM, Assblaster said:

If thats the case then when the next gen rockstar game comes out then they too will stop working on that game, rather than work on ‘old-gen’ games.