1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

The Holy Diver

DarkReign27
On 7/14/2021 at 2:06 PM, Talisman_83 said:

@GhillieMaster pretty much summed this DLC up:

It's such a blatant cash grab with little effort expended by R* that its almost laughable.

I don't want to be someone's f*cking errand boy anymore.

We do it in GTAO. Now we do it in RDO.

Outlaws don't work for people, they steal for themselves.

We're basically just hired guns at this point.

The currency f*cking sucks. The rate at which you collect it is indeed painfully slow.

Its clear that they just want you to say f*ck it and buy it outright.

Pay to play. This is the state of affairs from now on, boys and girls.

I still can't quite get over how badly they f*cked up adding the Trapper in Online, but this is disappointing - and yet expected.

Ya man just makes me sad, everything is so obvious with every company. We have to rely on ourselves to keep fun alive in these ruined potentional games. Or we just quit them, I quit Gears of War only play old ones after playing the abomination that is Gears 4 (Loot Box progressions) & 5, franchise kinda ruined with huge paid content and boring battle pass grinds, huge bugs, sh*tty servers, every aspect monetized. World of Warcraft bought by Activision maybe owned by Tencent everything is, ugh enough said of it...

Destiny 2 bought by Tencent they're given 10 million to overhaul (ruin the game), removed stuff I paid for like the main campaign, raids, strikes, entire planets (freeroams) removed all my earned gear that took me years to acquire so I have to grind for it again which is a big no... Also made you pay again to receive DLCs you already paid for if you're a veteran, sh*tty servers again, Battle pass system added plus more monetizations in everything in all these games like emotes, execution animations, audio taunts, weapon skins, end content, giant store fronts, etc..

There is more I've quit and see them take the same routes in this copycat industry, can't think of them right now. Such a sad reality. After this battle pass on RDR2 not much to do with it anymore again if it doesn't crash that is... I only play for my character looks or roleplays, if I didn't probably wouldn't play it at all there's nothing else too amazing there that isn't in the story part. Nothing surprises me with what any of these franchise's souls just getting totally demolished lol. Even with all this in all these frachises disrespecting their playerbase there's a lot giving them money praising them like a religion, I cannot understand that at all.

Edited by DarkReign27

On 7/14/2021 at 1:03 PM, Buddy Hightower said:

but it isn't a shooter game like COD, battlefield, etc..

it's a role playing game where death means nothing.

just seems like a waste of time to me, especially when warzone is free.

Well everything is maxed out for me, there isnt much else to do. By that logic then all games are waste of times 💁‍♂️ Just my 2 cents. As soon as you realize that in life , you are not going to share the same view on things as other people the less confused you will be lol

On 7/14/2021 at 2:50 PM, Caffeination said:

lol at the Revenue Agents and their shotguns, they somehow manage to fire eight shots out of the semi-auto without reloading even once

And their shotguns can reach you at a sniper rifle distance!

On 7/14/2021 at 3:45 PM, DarkReign27 said:

......there's a lot giving them money praising them like a religion, I cannot understand that at all.

Many are using mommy and daddy's credit card so it's no sweat to them.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 4:44 PM, Bigglo145 said:

Well everything is maxed out for me, there isnt much else to do. By that logic then all games are waste of times 💁‍♂️ Just my 2 cents. As soon as you realize that in life , you are not going to share the same view on things as other people the less confused you will be lol

Everything maxed out = the end of the line for me. Why bother continuing on if there is nothing left to accomplish? Move on to something else that you have something to shoot for until the current situation changes. In the case of games RDO isn't the only one in the world nor is any other so I don't see the need to continue playing them just because they're there if I have nothing left to accomplish.

For me the purpose of a game is to provide a challenge and entertainment. Where are either of those elements once you've done everything a million times by the time you reach the goal? In my case, that's just boredom defined and, yes, a waste of time.

Of course others feel different and more power to them.

Edited by StyxTx

On 7/14/2021 at 2:44 PM, Bigglo145 said:

And most players respect that, but on the same note there should be a respect to the fact that not all other players are playing this game for the pvp gunfights either and would rather roleplay with their characters. I'm maxed out as well, have nothing better to do but I enjoy the simpler tasks that this game provides.

Riding my horse, enjoying the scenery, taking on any random encounters I come upon, that is what I love about this game. Of course I want something to work for but I am looking for something more tangible than another enterprise.

When I finish playing these games SP I feel like I finally get the chance to relax and actually enjoy the game while I free roam the landscapes. Heck I played RDR1 after beating the actual story up until RDR2 came out, just because I loved the characters, loved the scenery, and because I have no access to horses anymore and it was my riding stress reliever. With RDR2 I have a save game in the best point of Arthur's story that I will not progress in, I just use it to play a free roam game nothing more. I'm a roleplayer not a combat gamer.

Everyone has their own reasons for playing these games, it's when other players impose their reason onto others is when there are problems.

On 7/14/2021 at 6:01 PM, StyxTx said:

Everything maxed out = the end of the line for me. Why bother continuing on if there is nothing left to accomplish? Move on to something else that you have something to shoot for until the current situation changes. In the case of games RDO isn't the only one in the world nor is any other so I don't see the need to continue playing them just because they're there if I have nothing left to accomplish.

For me the purpose of a game is to provide a challenge and entertainment. Where are either of those elements once you've done everything a million times by the time you reach the goal? In my case, that's just boredom defined and, yes, a waste of time.

Of course others feel different and more power to them.

I dont know why you would even quote something from months ago lol but i dont get what you are trying to argue? If you dont like to play the way i play then okay lmao stop quoting me ma’am 😭 just because i maxed out my character doesnt mean its the end game for me, its not like online is a story driven game. Online players bring different experiences so its always new. If you dont understand that then you are a idiot

On 7/14/2021 at 6:17 PM, Direwrath said:

And most players respect that, but on the same note there should be a respect to the fact that not all other players are playing this game for the pvp gunfights either and would rather roleplay with their characters. I'm maxed out as well, have nothing better to do but I enjoy the simpler tasks that this game provides.

Riding my horse, enjoying the scenery, taking on any random encounters I come upon, that is what I love about this game. Of course I want something to work for but I am looking for something more tangible than another enterprise.

When I finish playing these games SP I feel like I finally get the chance to relax and actually enjoy the game while I free roam the landscapes. Heck I played RDR1 after beating the actual story up until RDR2 came out, just because I loved the characters, loved the scenery, and because I have no access to horses anymore and it was my riding stress reliever. With RDR2 I have a save game in the best point of Arthur's story that I will not progress in, I just use it to play a free roam game nothing more. I'm a roleplayer not a combat gamer.

Everyone has their own reasons for playing these games, it's when other players impose their reason onto others is when there are problems.

I very much enjoy the game as well, with all its flaws and limitations, though I keep wishing it will improve. And it does improve, little by little, eventually. Remember back when stranger missions wouldn't work and we had the wildlife disappear? Not much to do then; but it got fixed. They're being lazy with the game and providing no new content; nothing I can do about that, so I'll keep role-playing my character's life, do what he does each day and night, because for me it's fun as long as the game works right. Hell, the hunting and fishing alone entertains me, as does horse-riding, and poker too! Yes, it could get better, and I think it will get a bit better. We might even see properties, more guns, and other stuff to buy who knows. If not, I'll be disappointed but I'll keep on role-playing regardless, until the game gets unplugged. 🤠

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 5:18 PM, Bigglo145 said:

I dont know why you would even quote something from months ago lol but i dont get what you are trying to argue? If you dont like to play the way i play then okay lmao stop quoting me ma’am 😭 just because i maxed out my character doesnt mean its the end game for me, its not like online is a story driven game. Online players bring different experiences so its always new. If you dont understand that then you are a idiot

I didn't say it was the end of the line for you. I was talking about how I feel. Learn to comprehend what you read before calling others idiots.

Also, it says your statement was from 4:44 PM today......not months ago unless you're using some drug that makes time seem like it's taking forever.

If you don't want to be quoted then don't post. Quoting tends to happen in open forums. I guess you don't understand that, which, based on your logic, makes you an idiot, no?

Edited by StyxTx
  • KEKW 1

@StyxTx thought you were the original person that quoted this post from February earlier. But anyways, i dont know why this is being discussed. I still like to play read dead from time to time, it obviously isnt the only game i play. Even though i maxed out, i still come play when theres something new. The post was from February so the bounty hunting expansion was fairly new, which is why i was playing.

Edited by Bigglo145

PS4

yo there's about 6-7 player horses just hangin around Emerald rn... foxes, bretons, etc.

tf 😂

#fixyourgame

• Like 3

It really speaks volumes when the Frontier Pursuits careers are still the top notch for money making. I had hopes for online, but seeing how it keeps disappointing... I don't think I can get excited again. Stranger Missions disguised as robberies, what a sick joke

Shadowfennekin

Yeah this update is probably the worst ever, topping Naturalist.

1. WHY is f*cking SEAN working for Bronte?! How the f*cking hell does that even make sense? They likely needed a West Elizabeth character but they could have made a NEW one! -_-

2. Capitale takes WAY too long to get for little payout, I only did the actual 'mission' once and on ruthless so I never have to grind for that again. Saving my other capitale from the pass for the last two, whenever they get released

3. 'Missions' are just over glorified free roam missions even the 'big' one

The one thing I'll give is that the Pass has less sh*t coupons as of right now, still could do without utterly useless ones like "% off wilderness camp!" seriously, use Event weeks for THAT nonsense. You can't own more than one

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 10:56 PM, Shadowfennekin said:

Yeah this update is probably the worst ever, topping Naturalist.

1. WHY is f*cking SEAN working for Bronte?! How the f*cking hell does that even make sense? They likely needed a West Elizabeth character but they could have made a NEW one! -_-

Indeed. Shakey in Thieves Landing, would of been a better contact, IMO.

I wonder if Capitale, can be looted from saddle bags.

Edited by Rev. Gnash

Has anyone figured out a way to get into the game past 50%? I could get in every second or third try earlier, but now have closed app 5 times and still trying to play..

Even from a grindy point of view this new missions are not the best. You're better off doing infamous bounties that have better payouts and Legendary Bounties (which don't require anything like Capitale). The only reason I can see someone grinding these are starters who don't have gold to buy any role or just for the "fun" of being an "outlaw". For veterans there is nothing to grind towards, once again Rockstar shows how they don't care about us.

The most disappointing thing with these missions are the homestead and camp robberies. I thought we would invade this places, make hostages, grab stuff and leave, but it's just the old "kill these enemies, grab this bag, deliver it". Boring.

The Opportunity really should have a payment similar to Heists from GTA: a specific value for the emerald and you can get more money by looting secondary objectives. This stupid system where the more time you spend the more money you get needs to GO.

I really hope that next time they decide to add something like robberies it's much better then this, but honestly, I have lost my faith... sorry Dutch.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

On 7/15/2021 at 8:38 AM, Ricky_139 said:

Even from a grindy point of view this new missions are not the best. You're better off doing infamous bounties that have better payouts and Legendary Bounties (which don't require anything like Capitale). The only reason I can see someone grinding these are starters who don't have gold to buy any role or just for the "fun" of being an "outlaw". For veterans there is nothing to grind towards, once again Rockstar shows how they don't care about us.

The most disappointing thing with these missions are the homestead and camp robberies. I thought we would invade this places, make hostages, grab stuff and leave, but it's just the old "kill these enemies, grab this bag, deliver it". Boring.

The Opportunity really should have a payment similar to Heists from GTA: a specific value for the emerald and you can get more money by looting secondary objectives. This stupid system where the more time you spend the more money you get needs to GO.

I really hope that next time they decide to add something like robberies it's much better then this, but honestly, I have lost my faith... sorry Dutch.

Talkng about GTAO and grinding! This update fells alot like Arena Wars! The problem with the updates to this game is that they don´t ad more content to the old stuff at the same time!

• Like 1

DarkReign27

Okay totally done done after pass like really mean it until the animal issue is fixed. I can handle player horses running around seeing 0 players in a ghost town but the no animal glitches are back, I'm almost complete this pass already using collectables to dodge the Blood Money update. Going back to GTAV being drop in drop out game or nothing at all lol totally not going through that again, couldn't even do my naturalist dailies for 3 game play attempts. This is on Xbox X. Abandon ship!

• Bruh 1

AStiffBreeze
On 7/15/2021 at 3:34 PM, drizzi_b said:

Has anyone figured out a way to get into the game past 50%? I could get in every second or third try earlier, but now have closed app 5 times and still trying to play..

I’m having this same issue right now on PS4 (haven’t experienced it previously). I’ve tried about 10 times now, including with a console reboot and cache clear. The Rockstar Server Status page says everything is ok on their end. 

BUT THE BENZ
On 7/15/2021 at 6:15 AM, Rev. Gnash said:

I wonder if Capitale, can be looted from saddle bags.

it seems to be in the loot-catalogue indeed. I looted 1 capitale from a dead guy at a rival moonshiner operation near the hanging dog ranch yesterday. the ONLY dynamic event that popped up since the update, iirc

On 7/15/2021 at 12:35 PM, DarkReign27 said:

I can handle player horses running around seeing 0 players in a ghost town but the no animal glitches are back

yeah afraid so. on and off I guess. yesterday for example, my daughter was around and she likes to catch and tame wild horses in big valley. so we went there and after a little while she spilled it out: FATHER, THERE ARE NO HORSES...haha. not seen a single legendary animal since the update neither.

• Like 3

Danish Crusader
On 7/15/2021 at 12:50 PM, AStiffBreeze said:

I’m having this same issue right now on PS4 (haven’t experienced it previously). I’ve tried about 10 times now, including with a console reboot and cache clear. The Rockstar Server Status page says everything is ok on their end. 

Same problem on Xbox, I can't get in.

Guess I'll play some Battlefront 2 in the meantime.

[EDIT] I finally got in, and there are no animals, npcs, I can't call my wagon or even my horse and I am currently stuck in the stables(It just crashed as I wrote this)... Such a great update this...

I did manage to get 5 dailies done despite the fact that nothing really worked =P

Edited by Danish Crusader
  • Like 3

DarkReign27
On 7/15/2021 at 6:53 AM, BUT THE BENZ said:

it seems to be in the loot-catalogue indeed. I looted 1 capitale from a dead guy at a rival moonshiner operation near the hanging dog ranch yesterday. the ONLY dynamic event that popped up since the update, iirc

yeah afraid so. on and off I guess. yesterday for example, my daughter was around and she likes to catch and tame wild horses in big valley. so we went there and after a little while she spilled it out: FATHER, THERE ARE NO HORSES...haha. not seen a single legendary animal since the update neither.

Ya was fine before this "update" was good to at least wander do your own thing but with that coming back ouch no point at all, bummer. They even took away a daughter's horses, Shameful! Maybe one day (or a month?) They will have a more guaranteed appearance to be tamed once more by your daughter  :(

• Realistic Steak! 1

Faltskogian

Gotta love the way Mr Foreman says 'Capitale' with such venom and hatred in his tone of voice, sums up how i feel hearing this stupid word. 

eighthdoctor

Hopped into this for a little while last night; my camp dog was glitching out like crazy 😂 and saw a couple of what looked like player horses just standing in the middle of a path at random places but wasn't able to focus on them to tell. Not an animal or bird in sight either and I was in my lobby for a good 45 minutes or so (felt very like the state that RDO was in before when no wildlife was available). No fish either although 2 very small fish spawned in the end (possibly a rock bass/bluegill and a chain/red fin pickerel). The game eventually blue screened & crashed on me so I just left it at that for the night.

Edited by eighthdoctor
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 5:35 AM, DarkReign27 said:

Okay totally done done after pass like really mean it until the animal issue is fixed. I can handle player horses running around seeing 0 players in a ghost town but the no animal glitches are back, I'm almost complete this pass already using collectables to dodge the Blood Money update. Going back to GTAV being drop in drop out game or nothing at all lol totally not going through that again, couldn't even do my naturalist dailies for 3 game play attempts. This is on Xbox X. Abandon ship!

I still don't know if they are player horses when I see the same thing in a solo lobby. That would be something if player horses were bleeding into solo lobbies though. Knowing R*s skill at creating issues I wouldn't be surprised.

On 7/15/2021 at 5:53 AM, BUT THE BENZ said:

So now the full lobby issue has been worsened. More people are playing temporarily out of curiosity. Everything still works in solo lobbies and there are more wild horses than ever.

Maybe R* sees the problem and will allow solo lobbies now. We know how concerned they are with player enjoyment.

Edited by StyxTx
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

On 7/15/2021 at 8:34 AM, shaise said:

can you clean your weapons? cause i can't

This can happen if you're in camp and standing in the wrong place.  Just need to walk  a few steps from where you are. 

On 7/14/2021 at 9:21 AM, UtahRed said:

Just a heads up, with this method I’ve noticed that sometimes p1 gets stuck at an infinite black screen after joining the private session. If this happens just close the application, relaunch, and join a public session before p2 invites you again

First of all, thanks to all involved in figuring this out and making the game playable for me (I refuse to play with griefers grabbing shorts every chance they get). The mtu method still works but I do want to play with a friend sometimes and this does the trick.

Second, another method is P1 taking P2's lobby invite as P2 takes P1's poker table invite. That works for some also.

Lastly, sometimes if a player is in that infinite black screen, if the other player can see that character in game, he needs to kill him and the player will respawn normally.

Happy and safe gaming! 

• Like 3

Gotta take another break from this game...with all its problems now it feels like we're back in beta all over again.

So there are player horses everywhere but no animals? Did the horses take up all the spots? 

How have they not added private lobbies yet?

• Like 2

I stopped playing when I heard Capitale for 100 times