4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

The Holy Diver

On 7/14/2021 at 6:24 AM, Krommer said:

I'm wondering if this was a "put out something" update, while they are actually working on that stuff.

I doubt it. It took 7 months to do this update so it wasn't a put out something update. This was the stuff they were actually working on. This is all we can look forward to in the future.

Edited by StyxTx

On 7/14/2021 at 7:01 AM, No Homing said:

I predicted it would take exactly 3 updates to patch the poker lobby glitch and that's what happened...

This is now the worst update ever.

Atleast MTU lobbies still work but I can't play with both PS4s in a private session anymore....

Absolute garbage.

I knew that it would be fixed in this update too.  Surprised it lasted as long as they did.  It was the only way the game seemed to work great.  People claimed a while ago that there were more "unpublished" ways and they would share them after this method was patched, I guess we will have to see

On 7/14/2021 at 7:42 AM, DarksunDaFirst said:

I want to know what glitches you encountered.  I played for 3 hours last night, didn’t encounter one.

Original PS4.

There is a stable glitch now. The horse will toss you once you enter the stable and you'll see him come racing out of the stable. The behavior when exiting the stables is weird too. What the behavior is will depend on which stable you're in.

I'm getting the time changing constantly now as if sessions are merging, yet I'm in solo sessions only.

It's almost always very early morning now, seems to be triggered by doing the new missions.

For example I just finished a Joe mission the time was around 7 am, then it got darker and it was just after 5 am, then as I left the doctor in Valentine it went to 3:30 am, all in the space of about 3 minutes real time.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 7:01 AM, No Homing said:

I predicted it would take exactly 3 updates to patch the poker lobby glitch and that's what happened...

This is now the worst update ever.

Atleast MTU lobbies still work but I can't play with both PS4s in a private session anymore....

Absolute garbage.

I don’t know if it’s just ps4 that it no longer works for, but I was able to get into a private lobby yesterday on Xbox, but it does seem like it is waaaaay more tedious and requires more attempts to get to work now.

On 7/14/2021 at 9:20 AM, UtahRed said:

I don’t know if it’s just ps4 that it no longer works for, but I was able to get into a private lobby yesterday on Xbox, but it does seem like it is waaaaay more tedious and requires more attempts to get to work now.

I haven't turned the game on in a couple of weeks, but the last couple of times I tried it I was having trouble with the timing and couldn't get it at all.  This was the staying on the black alert screen and exiting as my friend joined.  I switched to the other method of "join friend" instead of choosing exit and it hit no problem. 

@No Homing Which method did you use? 

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 9:28 AM, 4eyedcoupe said:

I haven't turned the game on in a couple of weeks, but the last couple of times I tried it I was having trouble with the timing and couldn't get it at all.  This was the staying on the black alert screen and exiting as my friend joined.  I switched to the other method of "join friend" instead of choosing exit and it hit no problem. 

@No Homing Which method did you use? 

I think “join friend” is the only way to do it now. Exiting give an alert saying something like “target player is no longer in this session.” 

I really have no idea why they refuse to give us lobby types, seeing as how the last 3 updates required being in a private session for most, if not all, of the new activities

• Like 3

I'm getting constant CTD on PS4 pro. Totally unplayable, totally predictable, they break the game with every update. I'd rather they just roll back this update, we can make more money doing moonshine, collecting and bounty hunting than we can doing these new stranger missions.

EDIT: On console, I've found that having other accounts open causes CTDs. Helped in my case to restart console with no open accounts. 😃

Edited by Assblaster

Wow that is very interesting.

How does the join friend method work?

I always do the leave thing, and when I got an alert saying player no longer in session I knew it was likely patched.

Oh wait, you still sent an invite but also that friend you invited? What's the timing on that? I have to try that now.

Edited by No Homing

Spoiler

Shoot the guy on the balcony from a distance and the rest come pouring out of the house like roaches. They get into the field and I pick them off like shooting ducks in a pond. They didn't have guns either so I assume I wasn't supposed to kill them but I do it anyway. There is no way you're going to stealth into the house or stealth kill any of them and search for the clues without the NPCs being alerted because the stealth system in this game really sucks, so you have no choice but to take them out. I just do that part ahead of time.

Crime reported, law comes while I go into the house. Naturally the law was too stupid to search the house. Law was gone by the time I got the valuables so I have time to loot the dead ones.

Go in, find the valuables and deliver them to the Van Horn post office waiting till the 2 minute mark for maximum payout.

.41 gold (came in 2 parts, .15 and .25, must be some bonus so I assume it will eventually be just .15), 350 XP and $15.

No challenge at all. R* refuses to make NPCs tough or intelligent in these things.

Quality and original stuff there R*! 🤬

So, I ran across a random robbery at the house just below Van Horn.

Edited by StyxTx

On 7/14/2021 at 9:45 AM, No Homing said:

I always do the leave thing, and when I got an alert saying player no longer in session I knew it was likely patched.

It’s a bit more tedious than exiting, and I’m not sure how well it works on ps4 but essentially:

p1 starts a private poker session and invites p2.

Before p2 accepts the invite, p1 opens their consoles UI, goes to their friends list, and hovers over join friend under p2s gamer tag.

When p2 accepts the poker invite, after processing invite appears on their screen, p1 spams A or X to join friend and skip the alert.

if it doesn’t work the first time, try waiting a few seconds after processing invite appears before p1 starts spamming A or X

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 9:45 AM, No Homing said:

Oh wait, you still sent an invite but also that friend you invited? What's the timing on that? I have to try that now.

@UtahRed and I were posting at the same time, they beat me lol

I actually just learned this one... It's the same as the other, except rather than quitting at the poker table from the black alert, go to the PS menu and join the same friend from there.  I was told the timing had to be at the same time, but I was slightly delayed on the poker table side and hit it first time.   

Edited by 4eyedcoupe
  • Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

DarksunDaFirst
On 7/14/2021 at 9:52 AM, StyxTx said:
  Hide contents

Shoot the guy on the balcony from a distance and the rest come pouring out of the house like roaches. They get into the field and I pick them off like shooting ducks in a pond. They didn't have guns either so I assume I wasn't supposed to kill them but I do it anyway. There is no way your going to stealth into the house and search the clues without the NPCs being alerted so you have no choice but to take them out. I just do that part ahead of time.

Crime reported, law comes while I go into the house. Naturally the law was too stupid to search the house. Law was gone by the time I got the valuables so I have time to loot the dead ones.

Go in, find the valuables and deliver them to the Van Horn post office waiting till the 2 minute mark for maximum payout.

.41 gold (came in 2 parts, .15 and .25, must be some bonus so I assume it will eventually be just .15), 350 XP and $15.

No challenge at all. R* refuses to make NPCs tough or intelligent in these things.

Quality and original stuff there R*! 🤬

So, I ran across a random robbery at the house just below Van Horn.

I ran a few missions last night and stealthed all 3.  One was in that house north-northwest of the oil fields in the Heartlands.  

I did need to kill a couple along the way, but stealth in this game is possible.  Just need to be patient and mind your surroundings.  Only one of the Bootleggers missions I couldn’t figure out how to successfully do so with stealth.

I agree though - the challenge is weak. Rockstar hasn’t made challenging NPC’s since San Andreas.

On 7/14/2021 at 3:56 PM, UtahRed said:

It’s a bit more tedious than exiting, and I’m not sure how well it works on ps4 but essentially:

p1 starts a private poker session and invites p2.

Before p2 accepts the invite, p1 opens their consoles UI, goes to their friends list, and hovers over join friend under p2s gamer tag.

When p2 accepts the poker invite, after processing invite appears on their screen, p1 spams A or X to join friend and skip the alert.

if it doesn’t work the first time, try waiting a few seconds after processing invite appears before p1 starts spamming A or X

On 7/14/2021 at 3:57 PM, 4eyedcoupe said:

@UtahRed and I were posting at the same time, they beat me lol

I actually just learned this one... It's the same as the other, except rather than quitting at the poker table from the black alert, go to the PS menu and join the same friend from there.  I was told the timing had to be at the same time, but I was slightly delayed on the poker table side and hit it first time.   

OMG it works!! Thank you guys so much!!

• Like 3

On 7/14/2021 at 9:05 AM, DarksunDaFirst said:

I ran a few missions last night and stealthed all 3.  One was in that house north-northwest of the oil fields in the Heartlands.  

I did need to kill a couple along the way, but stealth in this game is possible.  Just need to be patient and mind your surroundings.  Only one of the Bootleggers missions I couldn’t figure out how to successfully do so with stealth.

I agree though - the challenge is weak. Rockstar hasn’t made challenging NPC’s since San Andreas.

Well, I just did this one out of curiosity and don't spend any more time on those things than necessary.

Kill them all and finish the job. Usually they are blocking something else I'm trying to do which is the only time I bother with them.

I don't need the money or gold, or XP for that matter.

As far as stealth, I've had instances where someone inside a building can see me through walls as Im crouching, and not even moving, on the outside. There are other things that are idiotic with stealth. It goes hand in hand with NPC abilities to continue shooting at you when your changing locations on the other side of the crest of a hill where they can't see you or they can see you through boulders, trees and thick bushes when you can't see them. They know your exact location when you use a sniper rifle from a distance which isn't really possible with they way sound travels and ricochets in certain terrains.

Edited by StyxTx

On 7/14/2021 at 10:08 AM, No Homing said:

Just a heads up, with this method I’ve noticed that sometimes p1 gets stuck at an infinite black screen after joining the private session. If this happens just close the application, relaunch, and join a public session before p2 invites you again

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 10:08 AM, No Homing said:

This is good to know. THANKS for testing!

Edited by 4eyedcoupe
  • Like 2

exchanging the first 25capitale coupon gave me nothing. opened a ticket. nice start. 

fack you rockstar

On 7/14/2021 at 5:07 PM, shaise said:

exchanging the first 25capitale coupon gave me nothing. opened a ticket. nice start. 

fack you rockstar

Check your lockbox/post office.

AdamNortonUK

You could try this method that I am using on Xbox currently, if it has issues I just stop it whilst the Online Menu screen loads, select the icon to go into a session then start it again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedDeadOnline/comments/mtyrxd/public_solo_lobby_guide_connection_throttle_xbox/

Spoiler

Needed: Pc/laptop with windows 10 and wifi, application called TMeter.

There are three steps to this guide.

1. Setup mobile hotspot

2. Install TMeter (I am unaffiliated with this app/creator)

3. Use TMeter to throttle mobile hotspot connection

Steps

1. Setup mobile hotspot on PC/laptop

Follow any guide, eg:

https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-create-mobile-hotspot-in-windows-10-easy-way/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot-c89b0fad-72d5-41e8-f7ea-406ad9036b85

It can be buggy but hopefully it goes smoothly for you.

Note the name and MAC address of the virtual connection you will be connecting Xbox to. You can do that by navigating to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections, right click on Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adaptor, go to status, click details, make note.

Connect Xbox to the mobile hotspot using password you created. Test your NAT on Xbox. If you have NAT problems then follow this guide to forward your ports through the PC/laptop.

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360012932394/Red-Dead-Online-Connection-Troubleshooting-for-Xbox-One

2. Install TMeter Freeware Edition

http://tmeter.ru/en/ on the PC/laptop

For brevity I have skipped the steps for installation but you want the freeware license, not paid.

Start TMeter administrative console

3. Throttle mobile hotspot connection

First, select network connection that TMeter will monitor by clickingServices > Network Interfaces

Tick only "Ethernet Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter"

Click Apply

ClickConfguration > Filterset

Click Add button at the bottom of the interface

Select Filter from dropdown menu, the Filter Editor will open

Where it says "Filter Name" add a name for the filter rule

With Ruleset tab selected (it is pre-selected by default) click "Add Rule" button

Enter Rule Description eg. Throttler

Here you have personal choices. You can enter the MAC address of the Xbox, enter its IP address, or follow my example and setup the rule

IP Protocol: Any IP Protocol

Source: Any IP address

Destination: Any IP address

Click OK

Select Speed & Traffic Limit tab

Click Enable Speed Limit (Traffic Shaper)

Enter "15"

Click OK

EDIT - at this point you want to tell TMeter to monitor the connection that you told it to traffic shape and you do this by doing to the Main menu and selecting

Capture > Start

Conversely if you want to stop the connection being throttled select Capture > Stop

• Like 2

Buddy Hightower
On 2/23/2021 at 5:33 PM, Bigglo145 said:

Man im really starting to hate this game, im level 200 and pretty good in pvp gunfights but i just got into a half an hour battle with level 38 and they whooped my ass like 10 to 30 maybe. But i was shooting them close range with a shotgun 2x and they wouldnt die but they would kill me in the same amount of shots with either the double barrell shotgun or a bolt action rifle. They kept using tonics and deadeye and thats why they were unstoppable but thats the thing, theres a lot of people that dont want to play that style. Why do we have to use powers to be the best gunslinger. That stuff is so dumb and turning me off from the game, i havent played in a while and its been even longer since i faced one of these players as i usually dont pvp but man is that annoying

edit: i know its my fault for not using abilities/tonics but i hate playing sweatily, i jusy want some run and gun action. Its a old complaint i know but cards and tonics suck

How can you stand to just shot each other 40 times dead?

That seems boring as hell to me.

How much ammo did you waste? What's the reward?

Whoever got first kill "won" if anything - after that, what's the point?

• Like 1
  • excuseme 1

On 7/14/2021 at 12:00 PM, Buddy Hightower said:

How can you stand to just shot each other 40 times dead?

That seems boring as hell to me.

How much ammo did you waste? What's the reward?

Whoever got first kill "won" if anything - after that, what's the point?

Easy because its a game lol thats like asking why do people play any shooter game. I guess the winner in this case would be who leaves first or who gives up. If that answers your question.

Buddy Hightower
On 7/14/2021 at 11:34 AM, Bigglo145 said:

Easy because its a game lol thats like asking why do people play any shooter game. I guess the winner in this case would be who leaves first or who gives up. If that answers your question.

but it isn't a shooter game like COD, battlefield, etc..

it's a role playing game where death means nothing.

just seems like a waste of time to me, especially when warzone is free.

travilanche

I haven’t tried the update yet and I don’t know if I’m going to. Watched austinbmx stream for a few minutes yesterday morning and was pretty bummed by what I saw. He did was essentially a stranger mission with a different name and got a $3 payout. I have tens of thousands of dollars stored up. Why on earth would I do a B&E for three bucks?  AND the mission was timed. Saw the timer pop up on the screen and could not roll my eyes hard enough. Plus just like I suspected, they didn’t add anything to buy. So why am I trying to accumulate all this wealth then?  I went back to playing Ark. that’s a much more fun and rewarding experience to me. But this games gameplay loop has become completely pointless. 

On 7/14/2021 at 1:02 PM, travilanche said:

He did was essentially a stranger mission with a different name and got a $3 payout. I have tens of thousands of dollars stored up. Why on earth would I do a B&E for three bucks?  AND the mission was timed. Saw the timer pop up on the screen and could not roll my eyes hard enough. Plus just like I suspected, they didn’t add anything to buy. So why am I trying to accumulate all this wealth then?

My sentiments exactly.

@GhillieMaster pretty much summed this DLC up:

It's such a blatant cash grab with little effort expended by R* that its almost laughable.

I don't want to be someone's f*cking errand boy anymore.

We do it in GTAO. Now we do it in RDO.

Outlaws don't work for people, they steal for themselves.

We're basically just hired guns at this point.

The currency f*cking sucks. The rate at which you collect it is indeed painfully slow.

Its clear that they just want you to say f*ck it and buy it outright.

Pay to play. This is the state of affairs from now on, boys and girls.

I still can't quite get over how badly they f*cked up adding the Trapper in Online, but this is disappointing - and yet expected.

On 7/14/2021 at 1:06 PM, Talisman_83 said:

I don't want to be someone's f*cking errand boy anymore.

Outlaws don't work for people, they steal for themselves.

We're basically just hired guns at this point.

I agree. I'm tired of it. We should be hiring those clods to work for us. Imagine how much I laughed when Guido came out to talk to me, the richest person in that world, talking to me like a low life. Yeah, right dude. I'm going to grind for you rather than just keep the crap for myself. What a joke.

Time for our characters to grow up and be self sufficient but that's never going to happen so ..............

Edited by StyxTx
  • Like 7

Why can't I keep the damn Emerald? And put it somewhere nicely? If they want it, come and get it!

• Like 2

Caffeination

lol at the Revenue Agents and their shotguns, they somehow manage to fire eight shots out of the semi-auto without reloading even once

I would not complain about this update at all if they just had added few new clothing items to the catalog. Just couple few new clothing items to the store and maybe a gun top of what we got and this update would been pretty good and most people would not have complained. 

Except they really have to fix the long middle parted hair style because its pretty much entirely ruined now if not wearing a hat. The hat keeps it normal, but without hat the hair is like slippery wig on oiled bold scalp, because its moving around from side to side and clipping inside the head making the character look like hes balding.

Also fix the trader deliveries. Both local and distant pay the same amount now.

ZFS35ZY.jpgOZEEgOJ.jpg

Look what this update did to his hair wtf 🤣

Just a little wind and his half bold

Edited by Mktz1
  • KEKW 4