Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread


The Holy Diver
 Share

Recommended Posts

My camp will NOT move where I want it to. I was trying to get it to spawn in Great Plains (where I was at the time.) It would move to Roanoke Ridge, Bayou Nwa, Gaptooth Ridge, etc. Each time of course costing me money so I just stopped trying. 

 

This game is very buggy so far. NPC’s in cutscenes will be completely invisible, enemy’s will be floating in the sky shooting at you, get teleported from Fort Mercer to New Hanover and not let you complete the gang hideout, getting a level 1 horse bonding notification when you’re level 4, getting random awards for challenges you know for a fact you haven’t completed yet (I was riding my horse and got an award for something related to fist fighting.)

Edited by Vice Beach
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, RileyRock said:

Why you b*** about beta? Its beta send them feedback 😀

You are aware feedback can be both positive and negative, right? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, RileyRock said:

Why you b*** about beta? Its beta send them feedback 😀

I have, does that restrict me from posting on a forum about my feelings?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course i am :) I was on r* page and there is a feedback special for money in game. I hope people send their opinions and R* will listen ;) 

10 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I have, does that restrict me from posting on a forum about my feelings?

Nooo, I would like to know everyones opinions. This game is great, yeah Lot of mini problems, but its still beta :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, RileyRock said:

Of course i am :) I was on r* page and there is a feedback special for money in game. I hope people send their opinions and R* will listen ;) 

Nooo, I would like to know everyones opinions. This game is great, yeah Lot of mini problems, but its still beta :)

No, the single player is amazing, the online is horrific

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RileyRock said:

Of course i am :) I was on r* page and there is a feedback special for money in game. I hope people send their opinions and R* will listen ;) 

Nooo, I would like to know everyones opinions. This game is great, yeah Lot of mini problems, but its still beta :)

Then what was the point of your first post if you want to know everyones opinion? :/

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Constantly falling through the map. Hard game crashes to the point where I can't do sh*t with my PS4. Best part, we're not even on full beta access yet.

 

Awesome.

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been laughing continuously and uncontrollably for at least an hour at how enormously bad the character creator is. I've been crying laughing since I got home. I can't sleep because I keep cracking up when I think about my mate's character, which started out here: 

RKnjloz.png

 

...which then, through honest miracle work, was transformed into an acceptably less inbred chracter: 

uAIfUZr.png?1

 

...but then, when he accepted and started the mission, his character became this cartoonish nightmare beast version of jake gyllenhaal
aLa41rf.png

rqWqbUp.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

 

But yesterday, just when I was thinking I'd probably covered everything I found displeasing about RDO, I found something else, and @Commander S, boy will you love this.

 

I've gotten to 75% completion of the RDO co-op story mode and at maximum honour, a conscious choice I made as I don't want to play as a dishonourable character.

 

But the yellow marker story missions stopped appearing, I tried all I could think of, did freeroam missions, changed lobby a bunch of times, passed time hunting etc. all to no avail.

 

This was until I saw a thread here this morning, other players in the same situation, as it turns out it's my honour that's the problem. I can't progress the narrative as an honourable player. Apparently, once I'm sufficiently dishonourable I will receive an on screen notification informing me that my dishonourable actions have unlocked further missions.

 

So much for being able to play in the style of my choosing.

 

 

 

...the actual f*** is this? :dontgetit:

 

Even in single-player RDR2, where Arthur is a fully-scripted character, with his personally almost completely in the hands of the writers, not the players, you can still choose to lean more or less honourable (including the extreme ends of the spectrum), and still play through the entire story. You can be noble Arthur, ruthless Arthur, pragmatic Arthur, nondescript Arthur, and get all the way from start to finish.

 

Meanwhile, RDO takes your custom character and saddles them with more backstory than even Arthur had at the beginning of RDR2 (so much for creating your RDO character - everyone's just playing a reskin of the same character: 'rando framed for murder, who's now going to avenge the death of Ms. LeClerk's husband, because reasons'), and apparently forces you to make them only as honourable as R*'s prescribed plot demands.

 


Oh, but you can't play most of the minigames from single-player, or do fun immersive things like eat at the restaurants - and places like Saint Denis are ghost towns, to the point where last-gen GTAO (with all the hardware constraints of the 360/PS3) still seems more densely-populated than this brand-new current-gen title released half a decade later. :turn:

 

I really want to know what the folks in charge were smoking when they came up with all this, because every other decision seems utterly baffling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zzmorg82 said:

I haven't been able to connect to the servers all day, lmao.

 

FaNIiEy.png

 

 

Me neither. I've managed to connect twice though for a minute or two and then I get kicked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Commander S said:

 

 

...the actual f*** is this? :dontgetit:

 

Even in single-player RDR2, where Arthur is a fully-scripted character, with his personally almost completely in the hands of the writers, not the players, you can still choose to lean more or less honourable (including the extreme ends of the spectrum), and still play through the entire story. You can be noble Arthur, ruthless Arthur, pragmatic Arthur, nondescript Arthur, and get all the way from start to finish.

 

Meanwhile, RDO takes your custom character and saddles them with more backstory than even Arthur had at the beginning of RDR2 (so much for creating your RDO character - everyone's just playing a reskin of the same character: 'rando framed for murder, who's now going to avenge the death of Ms. LeClerk's husband, because reasons'), and apparently forces you to make them only as honourable as R*'s prescribed plot demands.

 


Oh, but you can't play most of the minigames from single-player, or do fun immersive things like eat at the restaurants - and places like Saint Denis are ghost towns, to the point where last-gen GTAO (with all the hardware constraints of the 360/PS3) still seems more densely-populated than this brand-new current-gen title released half a decade later. :turn:

 

I really want to know what the folks in charge were smoking when they came up with all this, because every other decision seems utterly baffling.

You can check who was in charge of smoking what here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/credits

 

I really want to know who wrote the online script. It feels completely different from the SP.

 

I'd just wish they'd completely dispense of the plot and have everyone start off as a wanderer or recent arrival to the area. The current 'revenge' plot prescribes to your character a motive that's completely foreign to whatever people have in mind.

 


 

Edited by jje1000
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It really pisses me off when you get downed in a mission and your team f*cking ignores you! Especially when they're right there! 😡

18 minutes ago, TheSadisticOwl said:

Anyone else experiencing Stranger missions just not starting at all?

Only on the first mission for Hamish

Went to a different lobby and he acted like I already did the last one. Asking me to kill Lemoyne Raiders(Which was BAD honor?????)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheOriginalGunslinger
1 hour ago, mr quick said:

uAIfUZr.png?1

Whoa! Is that Cole Phelps’ Dad? :O

 

NLZ5.gif

 

13 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

It really pisses me off when you get downed in a mission and your team f*cking ignores you! Especially when they're right there! 😡

 

This happened a lot during the co-op missions in the “Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack” in Red Dead Redemption multiplayer. What was really annoying was team killing during those.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

 

Only on the first mission for Hamish

Went to a different lobby and he acted like I already did the last one. Asking me to kill Lemoyne Raiders(Which was BAD honor?????)

The same thing happened to me w/ two other strangers, I was so frustrated...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, jje1000 said:


You can check who was in charge of smoking what here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/credits

 

I really want to know who wrote the online script. It feels completely different from the SP.

 

I'd just wish they'd completely dispense of the plot and have everyone start off as a wanderer or recent arrival to the area. The current 'revenge' plot prescribes to your character a motive that's completely foreign to whatever people have in mind.
 



Oh, I know who is in charge - not the actual script-writing duties, but the overall direction. And it's the same guy as oversees GTAO (taking over from Beslie Lenzies): Imran Sarwar.

 

I had a bad feeling when IGN interviewed him (and R* San Diego's Josh Needleman) about RDO, and he cited things like After Hours and Doomsday Heist as examples of GTAO updates that were along the lines of what they were going for with this game. Which makes sense, if you think about it: writing that's a hollow pastiche of the main single-player story, that forces players into whatever narrow role the writers want. Yeah, GTAO's a game about being a regular criminal - but now you've got to work with secret agents to save the world from nuclear annihilation, because that sure does make sense... :beerhat:

 

Also worth pointing out the distinction between Benzies and Sarwar with things like session types and player choice - on the one hand, Benzies was clear about players being able to play the game to their tastes, right down to being able to "hand-pick every player" in a session if they wanted (i.e., Invite-Only sessions). Meanwhile, with Sarwar at the helm, we've had things like Freemode Events and SecuroServ-style delivery grinding, where you can only do the activities in regular public sessions, removing that aspect of player choice. And now we've got RDO, with Sarwar in charge from the start, and ...public sessions are the only sessions.
 

 

I don't want to fall into the whole reductive 'everything Leslie Bingis did was perfect!' thinking, but I liked the way he described his vision for GTAO back in the day, and the game (even back at launch) certainly felt like what he was going for. Meanwhile, I really feel Sarwar's statements on where he's taken GTAO show that he's at odds with that original attitude - and if the current state of GTAO is 'GTAO with a lot of newer stuff that's at odds with Benzie's approach', then RDO could be described as 'GTAO with the Benzies-ness removed entirely'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ripped this from a post I was reading about the Beta feedback.

 

"It is very possible that in the future Rockstar will add heists, bounty hunting, poker, and more. These activities and events could pay out better. They might even pay out gold, fixing the grind for gold issue. It also very possible that Rockstar will rebalance the economy, maybe lowering prices or making it a little easier to earn gold"

 

 Whatever you do, DO NOT...make heists or any type of high paying jobs require 2 OR MORE MOUTHBREATHERS. I can get a lot more sh*t done by myself than with three other 'tards who take up more space than RDR2 on your hard drive. If I have to play with another f*cking simpleton I might just fling this disc right out the window. 

Edited by Panashe M. Sinclaire
Text turned to black, I don't give a sh*t
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Vice Beach said:

My camp will NOT move where I want it to. I was trying to get it to spawn in Great Plains (where I was at the time.) It would move to Roanoke Ridge, Bayou Nwa, Gaptooth Ridge, etc. Each time of course costing me money so I just stopped trying. 

 

This is game is very buggy so far. NPC’s in cutscenes will be completely invisible, enemy’s will be floating in the sky shooting at you, get teleported from Fort Mercer to New Hanover and not let you complete the gang hideout, getting a level 1 horse bonding notification when you’re level 4, getting random awards for challenges you know for a fact you haven’t completed yet (I was riding my horse and got an award for something related to fist fighting.)

I paid for my camp to move to New Hannover, was charged money for it. But the camp stayed in Gaptooth Ridge. So I had to pay twice to move my camp once.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Commander S said:



Oh, I know who is in charge - not the actual script-writing duties, but the overall direction. And it's the same guy as oversees GTAO (taking over from Beslie Lenzies): Imran Sarwar.

 

I had a bad feeling when IGN interviewed him (and R* San Diego's Josh Needleman) about RDO, and he cited things like After Hours and Doomsday Heist as examples of GTAO updates that were along the lines of what they were going for with this game. Which makes sense, if you think about it: writing that's a hollow pastiche of the main single-player story, that forces players into whatever narrow role the writers want. Yeah, GTAO's a game about being a regular criminal - but now you've got to work with secret agents to save the world from nuclear annihilation, because that sure does make sense... :beerhat:

 

Also worth pointing out the distinction between Benzies and Sarwar with things like session types and player choice - on the one hand, Benzies was clear about players being able to play the game to their tastes, right down to being able to "hand-pick every player" in a session if they wanted (i.e., Invite-Only sessions). Meanwhile, with Sarwar at the helm, we've had things like Freemode Events and SecuroServ-style delivery grinding, where you can only do the activities in regular public sessions, removing that aspect of player choice. And now we've got RDO, with Sarwar in charge from the start, and ...public sessions are the only sessions.
 

 

I don't want to fall into the whole reductive 'everything Leslie Bingis did was perfect!' thinking, but I liked the way he described his vision for GTAO back in the day, and the game (even back at launch) certainly felt like what he was going for. Meanwhile, I really feel Sarwar's statements on where he's taken GTAO show that he's at odds with that original attitude - and if the current state of GTAO is 'GTAO with a lot of newer stuff that's at odds with Benzie's approach', then RDO could be described as 'GTAO with the Benzies-ness removed entirely'.

Oh that's a little depressing. On the other hand, does this mean that Rockstar North and New York are largely the ones handling the online component?

 

I had a look through the credits and those credited for the online component seemed to mostly be from those two offices (along with Josh from San Diego). It would make sense since they were the offices that worked on GTAO, and it could explain how similar RDO and GTAO feel at their core. I'm just personally holding out hope that Rockstar San Diego won't be roped into online DLC creation.

 

Edited by jje1000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

lol are missions seriously being dripfed?

I became an Australian(That guy we fought had an amazing outfit! Wish we could get it in SP) and was told to hunt down the other three...... but jack sh*t has occured since!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mr quick said:

...but then, when he accepted and started the mission, his character became this cartoonish nightmare beast version of jake gyllenhaal
aLa41rf.png

 

I dunno about you, but I really hope my character ends up looking something like what this person on Twitter ended up with

IMG_20181129_200501.jpg?width=323&height

At least it's unique.

Edited by Hmmm nice bike
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Commander S said:

Oh, but you can't play most of the minigames from single-player, or do fun immersive things like eat at the restaurants - and places like Saint Denis are ghost towns, to the point where last-gen GTAO (with all the hardware constraints of the 360/PS3) still seems more densely-populated than this brand-new current-gen title released half a decade later. :turn:

I really hope its just the case due to it being in beta, and that upon full release they will fill the streets with npcs and immersive activities like eating at the restaurant, but something tells me it wont change even after beta...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

I really hope its just the case due to it being in beta, and that upon full release they will fill the streets with npcs and immersive activities like eating at the restaurant, but something tells me it wont change even after beta...

Agreed, the lack of traffic really takes you out of it.

 

 

The video is a bit misleading as there isn't really any other graphical downgrade. It seems like the amount of idle pedestrians is slightly reduced, but the reduced amount of horseback and wagon traffic really stands out.

 

Edited by jje1000
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, anarquista_duval said:

 

  • Players just appear behind me coming from nowhere. Was picking some herbs in a remote location, always looking at the mini map and all of the sudden there's a guy shooting me from behind, two steps away?

This. I expanded my mini-map so it wouldn’t happen but no such luck. You literally blink and the pink dot that was hundreds of feet away suddenly appears. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

    • eighthdoctor
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.