3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

The Holy Diver

This thread is exactly why I can't see myself playing Online in a month's time until R* has hopefully ironed out all the bullsh*t. It doesn't sound good so far.

I'm torn to say the least, played GTAO from 2013 to about 2016 religiously and left after I realized it was a griefer's haven and had become tired of bouncing grenades off of buildings to defend from the safety helmet kiddies. Went through all the fazes, was broke and didn't know how to fight or make money then eventually had so much from car dupes that the only thing left to do was drive around aimlessly in all my cars. Eventually found my way to free-aim and got to the point where I could realistically defend myself from anything and anyone, by myself, except an orbital cannon. 

I remember playing GTAO and thinking, RDR2 will figure out a better way than the overly abused passive mode, free-aim and free-aim assisted in the same lobby won't be a thing, EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. No longer will I have to out roll every Tom, Dick ,and Mary just to find out the mf's have "auto-aim"(FAA) on anyway. No longer will I have to out marksman chacha 13 year olds, or place stickies at my feet while sniping at incoming jets and oppressors. Are you all seeing how much of a try-hard I was, it's not a brag just letting the people here who played a lot of GTAO know that I know a good deal about the game's inner workings, watched it evolve from creation. 

I understand that this is a beta but R* knows better by now, I will return to sp and hope for news of segregated lobbies at the least. For people of all aim types, free-aimers, lazy people(pun), pacifists, so be it! I was hoping RDR2 would embrace the fact that a lot of us returning would be more mature by now and would appreciate a bit of that maturity reflected in free-roam. Clearly that is not the case here, sh*t not being able to free-aim properly should be the least of my worries. The payouts are atrocious and indicative of R*'s overall motive here and am I the only one that notices the small differences between online and single player? Sure RDR2 has wildlife in it's online variant but somehow the world feels shallow compared to sp just like in GTAO, frame-rates are off and textures, character models and cloth physics too. 

As a certain youtuber that I still watch from time to time when he's not overly cringey would say, "U FK'D IT UP"!

sorry for the rant..

Edited by afriendlyreddot

2 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

This thread is exactly why I can't see myself playing Online in a month's time until R* has hopefully ironed out all the bullsh*t. It doesn't sound good so far.

Trouble is the bullsh*t parts are parts you know are gonna stay which is like, lame as f*ck.

• Like 4

Liberty City - Alderney - Vice City - Los Santos - San Fierro

Las Venturas - Cottonmouth Carcer City - Ludendorff

Z

15 hours ago, Jedster said:

Ohh... that is nice. I am completely happy now with the RDO, everything will be fine and dandy. I'm sorry, but you can't know any of this, for all we know things could get even worse and you would still say "but it's only beta, it will be awesome 10 years from now"!!!

It's called beta because R* was out of time for deadlines so they have to release unfinished and unpolished online part. Beta or not, the main focus is pretty clear and that is micro transactions... that my friend, is not going to change by any chance.

"Unfinished and unpolished." Stop f*cking complaining about the gameplay then. Don't want to spend real life money on gold? Then don't. Won't hurt R* any, because you know everyone else will use their mommy's credit card to buy gold, just as they did in GTA. Microtransactions are definitely forced down your throat more in RDR than GTA, but that's not even my point. Everyone is whining about gameplay and lack of options, that'll obviously change. As for microtransactions, you can just say no and go about your day. R* know they'll profit off of microtransactions, of course they're gonna be in the game. 

Edited by Nemecsis

22 minutes ago, UKPortista said:

This counterintuitive, directionless, soulless, cynical mess of a gaming experience feels like a significant backwards step from R*.

Such a shame because the SP story mode is quite wonderful (until the epilogues, at least). 

The SP and Online are just so different, Online seems like it's from a different lesser company. The main game has a great long story, detailed open world, is packed with content..nothing seems lazy or cheap but then RDR2 Online is basically made so people buy microtransactions & is a very half assed cash grab. 

Edited by Journey_95

Microtransactions were inevitable. That's just how the industry is sadly, thanks to more and more scummy companies pushing it. I would not be surprised this was Take-Two's doing.

1 minute ago, Nemecsis said:

"Unfinished and unpolished." Stop f*cking complaining about the gameplay then. Don't want to spend real life money on gold? Then don't. Won't hurt R* any, because you know everyone else will use their mommy's credit card to buy gold, just as they did in GTA. Microtransactions are definitely forced down your throat more in RDR than GTA, but that's not even my point. Everyone is whining about gameplay and lack of options, that'll obviously change. As for microtransactions, you can just say no and go about your day. 

The problem is micro transactions effect gameplay. 

For instance, can you go fishing? Nope. Gotta grind to get that fishing pole. 

Wanna play poker with your buddies. Sorry, we wanted to include real money in our game, so now you don’t get all of the activities. 

Its ridiculous. $1000 for a gun? Seriously? And looting 5 cents off every body, earning $4 a mission, that’s a lot of grinding. They jacked prices up to make items next to impossible to reach, so people will buy gold bars and get them. 

Dont defend those practices. It’s just giving them the ok to go full fledge EA. 

6 minutes ago, Nemecsis said:

"Unfinished and unpolished." Stop f*cking complaining about the gameplay then. Don't want to spend real life money on gold? Then don't. Won't hurt R* any, because you know everyone else will use their mommy's credit card to buy gold, just as they did in GTA. Microtransactions are definitely forced down your throat more in RDR than GTA, but that's not even my point. Everyone is whining about gameplay and lack of options, that'll obviously change. As for microtransactions, you can just say no and go about your day. R* know they'll profit off of microtransactions, of course they're gonna be in the game. 

There isn’t anything quite like charging money for content that was available for free in the single player campaign of a $60 game! God, I just LOVE grinding and paying more money! It’s just fantastic!

You heard it here folks - it’s okay because some people like it!

Yeah, well a pile of sh*t is still sh*t even if you sprinkle some glitter on it.

I have no doubt the majority of us expected micro-transactions.

What we didn't expect or want was terrible gameplay mechanics.  E.g, blips on radar, unable to fish until a certain level, unable to loot boxes after clearing gang hideouts, unable to stable wild horses, rifles costing up to $1000, moving your camp costs to do so, terrible character creation menu, etc.

We didn't expect it because the single player was such a well executed and incredible gaming experience.  How can a game this amazing become something so utterly horrible?

Racing is terrible.  They took everything bad from GTA and it sucks. Shooting guns during race, hitting each other with the horses is complete BS. I was easily leading 10 out of 12 races just to have some squeaky 13 year old thug kill me by shooting me in my back. There is no incentive of leading race at all. I was expecting mature Online experience but what I got is total mess. Today was my first and last day playing Online unless they make huge changes and give options for more mature players.

Also, character creator us a mess. Is this the best one that company such as Rockstar can make? EA is terrible but creator in NHL is 2x better than this. Shame on you Rockstar for everything you did with Online so far.

19 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

The SP and Online are just so different, Online seems like it's from a different lesser company. The main game has a great long story, detailed open world, is packed with content..nothing seems lazy or cheap but then RDR2 Online is basically made so people buy microtransactions & is a very half assed cash grab. 

Do you think Online was handled by a different Rockstar office? GTAV's Online mode was mostly done by Rockstar NY and Rockstar North from what I remember.

2 minutes ago, Lexiture said:

I hope this don't last more than a year, the premium currency ruined it for me. 

Never thought they could be this stupid, yikes.

Greed and their obsession with profit has clouded their judgement to the point they no longer care about gameplay.  It's very sad, and I fear it is what games will all become.  If it continues on this path, I'll simply stop playing games altogether.

• Like 6

Yeah, you do not really need anything to have fun in this game.  The economy is ok as long as everyone is poor.  If people start glitching owning the best guns, then that would be a problem at this point.  

Had a good play in Free Roam and it seems fun but I wonder how long it will last before it wears off but like we knew it would be the biggest issue is other players attacking you during missions. You and them respawn inches away from where you were killed and it just becomes a never ending gun battle of die and respawn until the objective is destroyed.

Its so simple, if you are an attacker and you are killed by the player/s doing the Quest then you should be unable to attack them until its over. You have one chance so either roll up or think smart. As it is now the attackers will ALWAYS win the moment they kill the driver.

it has to be said,gta online is more fun then this game.

i did find some enjoyment today but i don't think it will last very long when a big milestone in this game is just being able to buy a better repeater or rifle.

that's how bad the economy is. 

when a game is centered around the wild west it should not be this hard to buy a decent gun. 

• Like 4

I just want to say the fact that Free-aim and Auto-aim exists in the same lobby isn't a design decision, it's more like something that went unnoticed, that's why I believe it's on their top issues to fix.

I'm sorry to the 50 or so NPC's that needed to be robbed and killed just for me to afford a damn haircut...🙄

1 minute ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

I'm sorry to the 50 or so NPC's that needed to be robbed and killed just for me to afford a damn haircut...🙄

Sadly enough, killing people for money will lower your honor, which in turn will raise the price of your haircut. 

I remember saying that all that was left to do is take away invite / crew lobby's in gtao then the last nail has been set. 

Maybe RDR2 beta is public only ? 

Shall hopefully log in Friday or over weekend to RDR2O to see true opinion, shall definitely be giving feed back to R* , one mistake I made with gtao was to not give feedback. Never know it may make a difference on the final version of RDR2 online, if more of us do ?

Wow haven't even played it yet and I am here ...... Sorry about that !

14 minutes ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

Sadly enough, killing people for money will lower your honor, which in turn will raise the price of your haircut. 

This I know. I didn't actually kill 50, it was more of a shot at the sacrifices required for something so minute.

58 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Microtransactions were inevitable. That's just how the industry is sadly, thanks to more and more scummy companies pushing it. I would not be surprised this was Take-Two's doing.

No doubt: 

https://www.pcgamer.com/take-two-wants-recurrent-consumer-spending-opportunities-in-every-future-game/

That dude is like a IRL Strauss from RDR2

• Like 3

A character creator with sliders that have no discernible impact on anything but the frustration levels of the person fiddling around with the,, a two-tiered pricing model that makes it impossible to buy even the most basic items, and a map that feels like the cholera in Armadillo from the epilogue became a pandemic and killed 90% of the games inhabitants. Yeah, this is not for me. 

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

How long is the Beta going to be running for?

I wonder if they're going to be gradually updating to the final release version, or if they'll end Beta access after a certain point to make the changes.

Microtransactions are generally ok. I dont like them but someone has to pay(not me) for updates every few months.

But i really dont like it atm. They offer me goldbars every time,at the barber shop its on top of all other options. In gta it was at least subtle and not straight in your face...and at least for the first few months ingameprices were fair.

There doesnt seem to be a trapper,hair doesnt seem to grow,we are silent once again(one of my biggest disappointments),no minigames etc...

Really not impressed,its more like gta wild west edition,the singleplayerfeeling is gone. Got some hope for trapper and minigames,well see. 

Edited by Callahan44

37 minutes ago, Nemecsis said:

Stop being a pussy and reaching to make me look bad lol. I never said microtransactions are okay. I hate that they were ever even a thing in GTA. R* made around $600 MILLION off of Shark Cards in GTAO. So yes, in their eyes, microtransactions are okay because some people like them. Way to prove a point, I guess? So until people stop buying gold bars, they'll be there, and everything will be overpriced or locked behind them. There are many, MANY things that I could come on here and whine like a little girl about, but I don't. I'm giving R* time to right their wrongs before I give up on an online game that is one day old and in "beta". And right their wrongs, they should. HaVe SoMe GoD dAmN fAiTh!

By telling me not to play the game that I paid money for, because I don't like the way the game is designed - ranging from the business model to the gameplay - you have acknowledged that you like the content as it is. Instead of refuting my arguments, you first resorted to calling me a pussy, which clearly paints the picture that I don't have to reach to make you look bad - you did it on your own and you did it quite well.

If you're not going to post in this thread to bitch or moan, as the title suggests, maybe you should post elsewhere? ... And while you're at it, maybe you should reread the site's rules about flaming. I don't expect your stay here to be much longer if you're going to be rude.

Anyhow, another thing that really pisses me off about RDO is how other players can interfere with, what at least seems to be, story missions. I'm just trying to return this sh*tty little wagon to that familiar face at MacFarlane's Ranch, not get my head blown off by other players!

Edited by theNGclan

4 minutes ago, theNGclan said:

By telling me not to play the game that I paid money for, because I don't like the way the game is designed - ranging from the business model to the gameplay - you have acknowledged that you like the content as it is. Instead of refuting my arguments, you first resorted to calling me a pussy, which clearly paints the picture that I don't have to reach to make you look bad - you did it on your own and you did it quite well.

If you're not going to post in this thread to bitch or moan, as the title suggests, maybe you should post elsewhere? ... And while you're at it, maybe you should reread the site's rules about flaming. I don't expect your stay here to be much longer if you're going to be rude.

Anyhow, another thing that really pisses me off about RDO is how other players can interfere with, what at least seems to be, story missions. I'm just trying to return this sh*tty little wagon to that familiar face at MacFarlane's Ranch, not get my head blown off by other players!

Did that mission have an orange marker? If so then it is a stranger style mission which all take place in free roam.

only the yellow marked missions take place in a match making lobby.

• Like 2

Just now, jdv95 said:

Did that mission have an orange marker? If so then it is a stranger style mission which all take place in free roam.

only the yellow marked missions take place in a match making lobby.

Ahhh okay, that makes sense then - still annoying none the less lol.