3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

RDR2 Patch - Blood Money Update - 1.25 (1436.25) | 13/07/2021

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

Patch Notes: https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/4403603010579/RDR2-Title-Update-1-25-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC-Stadia

If you are reporting a bug, please be as descriptive as possible about it and include repro steps to the best of your abilities (when possible). Easier to read, easier to confirm. Describe your environment (hardware, OS, driver versions, etc.). Post a video or screenshots whenever possible.

For even better organisation, you can also use the official PC Bug Report thread.

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

TheCoolDean

I'm getting lower performance than the previous update :/ and lots of stuttering. Other than that, TAA is set to On, despite changing it to Off, after every game restart.

MarshallRawR
On 7/13/2021 at 5:55 PM, TheCoolDean said:

I'm getting lower performance than the previous update :/ and lots of stuttering. Other than that, TAA is set to On, despite changing it to Off, after every game restart.

My camera is entirely broken personally. It is on the lower left of my character, and when I get off my horse, it's stuck looking at the horse. I can run forever away looking at my horse while stuff deloads.

• Like 1

Woooohooo, I can finally play the game again without it blacking out constantly, and appear to have gained a few fps, can I now somehow lock the game into never f*cking updating again now that it's finally working properly for me, or should I expect a hotfix patch to come along in a few days and f*ck it all up again ? :facedesk:

6WOhg5c.jpg

No DLSS for vulkan M-GPU ? oh well, who needs to fake it anyway ?😎

Edited by Gforce

MarshallRawR

Anyone with the glitch like that? I'll see tomorrow if it persists. Ignore the SO talking about slushies 😂

Edit: So far, it seems it was a one time issue. Good to know.

Edited by MarshallRawR

Spider-Vice

A bit of a nerdy technical detail - R* now seem to be using a mix of the Crashpad crash reporter (which generates a ton of data about your application crash to send to the developer) and a service named Backtrace (to send crash dumps to) that helps a lot with deconstructing each data dump from a crash, allowing devs to see what's going on much faster. Honestly think that's quite a great effort on R*'s part in this department, possibly also saving QA some time with investigating whether it's an user setup issue, a game issue, or something worth investigating, etc.

It reportedly works on consoles too if you're using a custom game engine, so it's possible consoles are using this new system to report crashes too, not sure how that works as I only know of Windows creating memory minidumps after an application crash.

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

TheCoolDean
On 7/13/2021 at 9:25 PM, TheCoolDean said:

It looks like they have made I/O read/write improvements, moving the game from HDD to SSD fixed the low performance.

On 7/14/2021 at 11:28 AM, El Dorado said:

APPARENTLY the cold dialogue bug was fixed

That makes me hopeful to start another single player save. Tried online but the stupid FFFF error is happening.

GreatScott04

Anybody else had problems with their story mode save not loading since the update?

I'm running the game on PC through steam - have a bunch of sp mods, but never been online with it. Go to load up my story save and all I get is a black screen with bg music.

On 7/14/2021 at 5:28 PM, El Dorado said:

APPARENTLY the cold dialogue bug was fixed

Is it really confirmed? Couldn't find anything regarding this bug in patch notes.

Didn't hear any complaints about my clothing as well. Usually they were commenting right away I turned up in the camp.

Spider-Vice
On 7/15/2021 at 7:36 PM, GreatScott04 said:

Anybody else had problems with their story mode save not loading since the update?

I'm running the game on PC through steam - have a bunch of sp mods, but never been online with it. Go to load up my story save and all I get is a black screen with bg music.

All good here. Loaded into Story Mode last night without a hitch. Had saved in Saint Denis.

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

On 7/15/2021 at 9:15 PM, Spider-Vice said:

All good here. Loaded into Story Mode last night without a hitch. Had saved in Saint Denis.

On 7/14/2021 at 11:41 AM, Spider-Vice said:

A bit of a nerdy technical detail - R* now seem to be using a mix of the Crashpad crash reporter (which generates a ton of data about your application crash to send to the developer) and a service named Backtrace (to send crash dumps to) that helps a lot with deconstructing each data dump from a crash, allowing devs to see what's going on much faster. Honestly think that's quite a great effort on R*'s part in this department, possibly also saving QA some time with investigating whether it's an user setup issue, a game issue, or something worth investigating, etc.

It reportedly works on consoles too if you're using a custom game engine, so it's possible consoles are using this new system to report crashes too, not sure how that works as I only know of Windows creating memory minidumps after an application crash.

We should also expect to see smaller updates on every platform thanks to Rockstar splitting the update files into 4, (common, scripts, language files & x64). If they're bringing out a new patch out soon there shouldn't be too much to download anymore, so no more having to download a 4GB+ update for platforms which does not support delta patching. 

Edited by VideoTech_

Somehow got a bug when changing my ammo type, the mouse cursor shows on screen and I can't do anything else. Have to restart the game and everytime I change my ammo it happens. Wtf

On 7/16/2021 at 12:56 AM, kubon352 said:

Resolution scale keeps resetting to default every time I launch the game.

Same things happening to me the Resolution Scale always turns off every restart.  Hope Rockstar will have a fix on this since I'm using it on my Vega 11

• 4 weeks later...

nitw_nightmareeyes.png