4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Gta San Andreas interiors dislike thread

BennyGod

14 hours ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

Technology aside it still doesn't the fact most of the interiors are of low quality and aren't very interesting to be in. I guess it depends what you prefer though. A heap of low detailed, barely interactive interiors or a smaller concentration of more detailed interiors like Vice City, GTA IV and GTA V. I obviously prefer the latter because I'll always favour quality over quantity. 

V is definitely not a good example for interiors compared to SA IMO, most of them are way more copy-pasted than SA's (V's Los Santos has way less unique interiors than SA had in all of its tree cities together), and they not only are way less in quantity than the ones from the 2004 game, V's map overall lacks density of them, as if we take into account not only the city but the whole countryside, most of them end up being very few and far between, and the fact that they lack freedom (Like no being able to use your weapons), and the same amount of interactivity (Little things like eating, playing pool or arcade games, gambling, etc), makes this even more notorious.

I definitely prefer SA in this regard. 

Edited by The Tracker
  • Like 4

Official General
4 hours ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

To be fair the detail of the Johnson house is pretty good, but I just don’t like the “box” feeling that feels completely disembodied in general.

You’re right that the actual detail of Vice City’s interiors weren’t much more detailed, but that part of my post was more for GTA IV and GTA V.

Vice City doesn’t have a lot of interiors, but the ones it does have feel more unique across the board instead of just copy & paste house interiors, clothing shops, restaurants etc.

You're comparing SA's interiors to IV and V ? There is no way to expect a PS2 game made in 2004 to match up to or compare to the later HD games on much more powerful consoles. 

If you look at the interiors of the 24-7 convenience store in VC, it much more detailed and colourful in SA. VC interiors were only unique because there was only one of each kind of interior, if there had been multiple interiors of the same kind, I believe there would have been some interior design repetition. 

• Like 2

MiamiViceCity1986
22 hours ago, The Tracker said:

V is definitely not a good example for interiors compared to SA IMO, most of them are way more copy-pasted than SA's (V's Los Santos has way less unique interiors than SA had in all of its tree cities together), and they not only are way less in quantity than the ones from the 2004 game, V's map overall lacks density of them, as if we take into account not only the city but the whole countryside, most of them end up being very few and far between, and the fact that they lack freedom (Like no being able to use your weapons), and the same amount of interactivity (Little things like eating, playing pool or arcade games, gambling, etc), makes this even more notorious.

I definitely prefer SA in this regard. 

I'm definitely a harsh critic of GTA V's interiors in comparison to GTA IV, but I can't ignore the level of detail they can excel at. Just look at Michael's mansion for example. It actually feels like it's being lived in when you see members of his family going about their daily lives (I'll even give it that over GTA IV) and it's a nice interior overall. I agree that the run of the mill interiors are pretty "meh" so yeah. I guess it cancels out. 

18 hours ago, Official General said:

You're comparing SA's interiors to IV and V ? There is no way to expect a PS2 game made in 2004 to match up to or compare to the later HD games on much more powerful consoles. 

And that's why it doesn't. San Andreas only has quantity in its favour, but I don't care about quantity. If that's all care people about then I'm not going tell to them what they can like/dislike, but it's not for me. Just saying.

18 hours ago, Official General said:

If you look at the interiors of the 24-7 convenience store in VC, it much more detailed and colourful in SA. VC interiors were only unique because there was only one of each kind of interior, if there had been multiple interiors of the same kind, I believe there would have been some interior design repetition. 

This is why I prefer the "less is more" approach. Vice City avoided repetition because it has a smaller concentration so the interiors it does have all feel unique. It's simply a fact. Not my opinion. Of course if it had more the designers probably would've had to recycle them, but it doesn't so that's kind of a null point. 

Edited by MiamiViceCity1986
  • Like 1

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

About the San Andreas interiors, I think my only criticism is about the few options for all the 30 safehouses, that they are much the same, but for a 2004 game is very good. My real criticism ia not to San Andreas but for GTA V that cuts all types of interiors that GTA San Andreas and IV have. When V was to coming in 2013, my hype makes imagine the level of interiors that are in San Andreas and IV 10x times but V only have the protagonists houses, the strip club,  24/7 and the clothes shop to enter.