1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Anyone remembered Carrythxd GTA videos? They are lost for good...

Ondr4H

Today I found, that my very favourite GTA V youtube channel named Carrythxd completely erased videos from existence.

It was unique channel, because he had videos dedicated to SP on PS3 such as driving around with car and police chases. He used to make videos based on proposals from viewers. When DLCs updates hits, he made showcase videos for every car and did also chase with every of them. These were first videos that erased at least five years back.

One of few channels that really dig into PS3/Xbox 360 era of GTA V and GTA IV. And truly made GTA V something special back in days.

Missed but not forgotten, I kinda hate that nature of deleting successful videos...

Edited by Ondr4H

I have to say I've never heard of him, but that sounds pretty sh*tty, kinda like the Machinima channel holding a bunch of quality content hostage for years now.

Goes to show that neither Youtube nor Youtubers can really be trusted to uphold content long-term.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2021 at 7:52 PM, Carbonox said:

I have to say I've never heard of him, but that sounds pretty sh*tty, kinda like the Machinima channel holding a bunch of quality content hostage for years now.

Goes to show that neither Youtube nor Youtubers can really be trusted to uphold content long-term.

I cannot kinda made sense out of this youtubers mind.

Why they delete videos that sits on youtube servers without any fee. Some of they are still monetized.

I was like he delete few videos, probably want only quality content. But whole channel, channel actually isnt deleted but sits there without any content and 100 thousands subscribers, that gained really fast back in 2013 thanks to this. He had probably first video ever showing Fort Zancudo military base on youtube.

Sadly PS3/Xbox 360 era GTA V completely vanishing and thats really sad, because for me is in some details very different game than on PC and these videos are some kind of documentary. Nowadays nobody is doing videos of SP its pointless, only Online crap.

Huh, this is a strange one, he used to follow me on Twitter but I just checked and his account isn't there anymore. Perhaps he's done a social media purge?

• Like 1

Panzermann11

Chalk me up as another guy who's never heard of him. Did he give a reason anywhere for his deletion of content?

On 7/14/2021 at 3:32 PM, Panzermann11 said:

Chalk me up as another guy who's never heard of him. Did he give a reason anywhere for his deletion of content?

He went to hiatus after PS4/ PC release, he tried some modding or compilations of random moments of playing. But without any luck, they were boredom even for me. And he started to delete some of his videos of cars showcase.

He was one of few GTA youtubers that show videos straight to the point without any commentary. Just like for example "Sly shooter" now only "Sly" or Nikos gun(Probably same guy) or whatever58070 if I remember correctly his name.

If you know what I mean, Im not interested in dudes that act like apes faking everything and every single video is over ten minutes showing nothing, because monetizing. Also precious PS3, Xbox360 footage for me.

Im really pissed, because they build hype in me for GTA V before I played that game. Also I sometimes watch them just for entertainment.

Panzermann11

On 7/15/2021 at 1:44 AM, Ondr4H said:

If you know what I mean, Im not interested in dudes that act like apes faking everything and every single video is over ten minutes showing nothing, because monetizing.

Damn right. In this age where freedom is now seldom, you'll have to be careful because if your video has something YouTube doesn't like, it's that dreaded yellow dollar sign for ya.

It's really depressing how YouTube ditched its slogan which defined the website on the first place "Broadcast yourself" and content creators are now usually using it as a money machine. No creativity and soul put into their videos whatsoever, just the same ideas over and over. Can you imagine what if the monetization system wasn't introduced?

Edited by Panzermann11

The 2011 era of GTA modding and youtube videos was so good. I used to love making sh*t and never once did the thought of making money ever cross my mind. It really felt like people used the game as a way to express themselves, rather than a means to accumulate ad revenue.

• Like 1

Used to watch his free roam GTAV videos while waiting for the thing to be released on PC as i don't game on consoles. If anyone is wondering he has an account here(well active). https://gtaforums.com/profile/509700-carrythxd/

Edited by _MK_

CynicalMexican
On 7/22/2021 at 5:08 AM, D T said:

The 2011 era of GTA modding and youtube videos was so good. I used to love making sh*t and never once did the thought of making money ever cross my mind. It really felt like people used the game as a way to express themselves, rather than a means to accumulate ad revenue.

Ayy mate, I miss 2007-2012 YouTube.