2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Dan Houser Registers New Gaming Company or Personal Investment Arm.

deadasdisco

Spider-Vice
On 7/2/2021 at 1:12 PM, DarkDayz said:

Do you?

The England and Wales SIC codes for registering investment holding companies are is 64201 - 64209. If games are not specified in any of these, then you use 'other' holdings which is 64209. You don't have to specify at all. What you do need to do is register accurately to what your business does.

The SIC he has registered (and you're not limited to one) is 62011, which is specifically the development of interactive software.

We shall see.

Look back to my post about Epic Games Ventures, which is just an investment front they created this year AND they have that games development-related code. :) 

NITW_cat_run_left_1_00004.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

On 7/2/2021 at 5:16 PM, Len Lfc said:

one of the first things I noticed were Dan's birth month/year in this document

I have a doubt, it says **/11/1973, is 11 the month or the day? In India we use dd/mm/yyyy but I think in the USA they use mm/dd/yyyy, what do they use in wherever this was registered? Lmao 

Spider-Vice
On 7/2/2021 at 1:55 PM, Orthur said:

what do they use in wherever this was registered?

This is the UK so DD/MM/YYYY

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

NITW_cat_run_left_1_00004.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

There's also only a 1 in 12 chance to guess the month, but a 1 in 31 chance of guessing the day. So it's better to hide the day, not the month.

R* takes too much time to finish gta 6, so Dan decided to go back to work and make a real gta 6 with focus on singleplayer, eventually he will be able to release it even before R* does kekw

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

On 7/2/2021 at 3:20 PM, Punkd said:

R* takes too much time to finish gta 6, so Dan decided to go back to work and make a real gta 6 with focus on singleplayer, eventually he will be able to release it even before R* does kekw

Leslie Benzies what do?

We need a lazlow dan houser collab, they Made chatterbox wich is My favourite radio station across all GTA'S.

Seems unlikely at the moment, but who knows...:monocle:

• Like 2

Interesting find. I'd like to see him back in video games writing and directing business.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 6:25 PM, Orthur said:

I have a doubt, it says **/11/1973, is 11 the month or the day?

ufaorz9.png

It literally says Nov 1973 here, so...

cousinletsgobowling
On 7/2/2021 at 7:45 PM, jonnhy_xv said:

if i was to bet .

take two wanted more online focused and smaller gta 6 and dan got into a argument with zelnick in which zelnick said " we can't fund ur absurd gaming ventures " so dan left and decided to leave rockstar.  80s got scrapped and now gta 6 will be set in present day with small story . Dan to piss off zelnick started his own company called 

Absurd gaming ventures.  😂😂🤣🤣🤣

I strongly felt the same way and wanted to mention that but you beat me to the punch. I will never buy the whole explanation that he wanted to retire, spend time with family but who doesn't? Dan is the kind of guy who is really passionate about what he does. I think he just wants to keep writing and having his work not being compromised by any parent company (that rhymes with Make Do). 

Man this company name is a whole damn mouthful to say.

Edited by DownInThePMs
  • KEKW 2

GRANDHEIST
On 7/2/2021 at 4:11 PM, Len Lfc said:

There's also only a 1 in 12 chance to guess the month, but a 1 in 31 chance of guessing the day. So it's better to hide the day, not the month.

better yet, blur everything

but why is his birthday such a secret anyway?

Spoiler

I would think he's allowed in bars already 🍺

Middle Class Roadman

Does Dan Houser have an American accent yet?

DoctorMike
On 7/3/2021 at 8:21 AM, Orbea Occam said:

Does Dan Houser have an American accent yet?

It's hard to pick up a new accent when you're an adult, so, probably not

jonhyosbourne

For me in my opinion seems to be a company for development, support of software. 🤔 A pity this legend Dan left Rockstar, a brilliant mind behind that company! 

On 7/2/2021 at 2:57 PM, Spider-Vice said:

It was never ever really 100% confirmed Dan's birthday was 2405, it was just a running gag. At least for me it was... It's most likely an artist's birth date as they are allowed to put small easter eggs in their props in video games sometimes lol.

might be a birth date of a prop artist, probably CJ Dick or an inside joke well they did similar with Chris Edwards one so maybe 

On 7/1/2021 at 6:14 PM, Orthur said:

But this is gonna lead to some crazy conspiracies for sure.

Just setting up a company to work with Sam once he leaves Rockstar after GTA 6 gets released. 🤪:kekw: *tin foil hat.gif*

If it's a gaming company it could go good or probably bad for him. Leslie Benzies looks like he's doing fine with his company for now he just needs to release everywhere soon. Jamie King one of the co founders of Rockstar was one of the first to leave in like 2006 he then later started 4mm games they released like 1 game a very bad game at that Def Jam Rapstar that got them a lawsuit and then ran out of money and closed :kekw:

Edited by Zello

Mister Pink
On 7/1/2021 at 6:05 PM, deadasdisco said:

Also listed himself as Producer and Creative Director. 

Thinking about those titles - would an investment company or publisher have those type of titles? 'Creative Director' intrigues me. To me it sounds like there is development with titles like that. Dan Houser is a writer, and producer. Houser is a creative. Perhaps working under the reigns of T2I worked against his visions for GTA and other games. 

To me, the idea of a video game developer working for the likes of T2I is like a music artist working for a record label. They get advancements in cash which is then owed back to the labels. The labels make the majority profit and only a smaller percentage goes to the artist. It's not a good arrangement for the artist.  Houser is out of those restrictions. 

Houser might want to do two things:

1. He may have missed creating and writing for videogames. He's been doing that for the last 20 years. To stop it now at young age is absurd to many artists. How many musicians and write-directors or filmmakers do you know that just retire in their early to mid-40's? Clint Eastwood is 91 and still writing, directing producing. Woody Allen, 85 still writing, directing. Ridley Scott, 83, still writing, directing, producing. Martin Scorsese, 78, still writing, directing, producing. My point is, that when you are in the game of writing and producing, you don't retire early. It's in your blood. 

2. He's an expert now in videogame publishing learned from T2I and he wants to venture in to publishing. 

Both of those reasons seem plausible. While it could be wishful thinking, I'm hopeful it's number 1. 

dFotYY6.jpg

Σ 

Dan Houser has a degree in Geography he doesn't really seem like the investor type imo (Yes I know there have been a lot of people without business/economics degrees involved in many fields of business and finance) all he's known is writing video games.

• 1 month later...

I'd really like to know the reason why Dan left Rockstar. I still think it had to do with differences of opinion within the company, higher-ups at Rockstar. I for once feel that Dan was pushing to advance the development of Bully 2 but the rest of the management and probably Strauss Zelnick wanted them to focus on GTA VI and GTA Online instead. Wasn't it Dan who said some years after the release of Bully and around the time Max Payne 3 released that they weren't finished with the Bully IP and that they will see what they can do with it after the release of Max Payne 3, when the spot becomes open again???

• KEKW 2

6 hours ago, Emmi said:

I'd really like to know the reason why Dan left Rockstar. I still think it had to do with differences of opinion within the company, higher-ups at Rockstar. I for once feel that Dan was pushing to advance the development of Bully 2 but the rest of the management and probably Strauss Zelnick wanted them to focus on GTA VI and GTA Online instead. Wasn't it Dan who said some years after the release of Bully and around the time Max Payne 3 released that they weren't finished with the Bully IP and that they will see what they can do with it after the release of Max Payne 3, when the spot becomes open again???

We don't know why he left but he definitely didn't leave because they didn't let him make Bully man c'mon :kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw:

• KEKW 1

• 1 month later...
MaccerKuntPaul

Hopefully he still creates, I just dont wanna see this guys ideas die into gta online

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
deadasdisco
Posted (edited)

I have been sitting on this not much has really happened. Thought some people might find it interesting anyway.

Was incorporated around the same time as others. 

Absurd Animations LLC - note this is the California branch, main Parent is in Delaware for obvious reasons. 

Absurd Animations LLC Trademark - Goods and Services / creation and production of audiovisual works

- Class Code 041 / Don't rely on only what link says, its a Large subset that covers many things including Entertainment Services & Publishing. Goods & Services                                                                     however usually relates to what company intends to do.

Also shows the certain individuals who acted like they discovered this completed missed this? lol 

Edited by deadasdisco
  • Like 2

deadasdisco
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, deadasdisco said:

I have been sitting on this but nothing has really happened. Thought some people might find it interesting anyway.

Absurd Animations LLC - note this is the California branch, main Parent is in Delaware for obvious reasons. 

Absurd Animations LLC Trademark - Goods and Services / creation and production of audiovisual works

- Class Code 041 / Don't rely on only what link says, its a Large subset that covers many things including Entertainment Services & Publishing. Goods & Services                                                                     however usually relates to what company intends to do.

Also shows the certain individuals who acted like they discovered this completed missed this? lol 

Stupidly didn't add this.

Absurd Motion Pictures LLC

Absurd Productions INC

Also attached to Dan however not as a Director yet. 

Edited by deadasdisco
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, deadasdisco said:

I have been sitting on this not much has really happened. Thought some people might find it interesting anyway.

How long before this makes the news? :sadkek: 

We should play a drinking game. Read all the articles and drink when you aren't credited :kekw:

• KEKW 3

Len Lfc
9 hours ago, deadasdisco said:

8 hours ago, deadasdisco said:

Stupidly didn't add this.

Absurd Motion Pictures LLC

Absurd Productions INC

Also attached to Dan however not as a Director yet. 

So what are you making of this, at this point?

To take it at face value, and forget the possibility of it being an investment setup or whatever... I could imagine Dan's history with satirical writing would indicate he'd enjoy writing satirical animated shorts, for example?