Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Dan Houser Registers New Gaming Company or Personal Investment Arm.


deadasdisco
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Daniel Houser has "potentially" entered back into either game development or has spun this off as his personal investment arm in the games industry. Regardless the weirdly named "Absurd Ventures In Games LTD" was incorporated on 23 of June 2021. Name would suggest its likely an investment arm but business activity was incorporated under "62011 - Ready-made interactive leisure and entertainment software development". Also listed himself as Producer and Creative Director. Before anyone gets too excited, it's still to early to know motives, as its currently incorporated under his secretary's office and could just sit as a shell/holding company for now. Who knows currently? haha

 

Was debating whether to post as its so early and the actual purpose is unknown but people would of probably found out soon enough. 

 

Absurd Ventures in Games

 

Thanks to @Len Lfc for always cross examining for me!

Edited by deadasdisco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is very interesting, great find!

 

But this is gonna lead to some crazy conspiracies for sure. Who knows, maybe he's going the Leslie Benzies path, creating his own new game? Can't wait to find out ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 3:14 AM, Orthur said:

This is very interesting, great find!

 

But this is gonna lead to some crazy conspiracies for sure. Who knows, maybe he's going the Leslie Benzies path, creating his own new game? Can't wait to find out ;) 

Hoping to avoid conspiracies as much as possible hahah

Edited by deadasdisco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The wisest course of action is just to wait for official news and see what happens. Speculation is cool and exciting. But, it might not always be as it seems at first glance. I'm reminded of George Lucas moving away from making big movies like Star Wars and 'retiring' to make movies that "nobody will watch". maybe, if this is as accurate as we think so far, maybe Dan wants to make some smaller games, after years of making massive AAA experiences.

 

🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly sounds more like an investment/holding thing to me than a real company. He does have a sh*t ton of money after all, and it's a good way to play around taxes by having a "company" to assign investments to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2021 at 10:46 PM, deadasdisco said:

Hoping to avoid conspiracies as much as possible hahah

Yea haha but only a matter of time before someone posts this on Reddit or maybe someone makes a clickbaity article with it. And then the crazy theories can't be stopped unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2021 at 3:20 AM, Spider-Vice said:

Honestly sounds more like an investment/holding thing to me than a real company. He does have a sh*t ton of money after all, and it's a good way to play around taxes by having a "company" to assign investments to.

Yeah for now it seems like it enters more into that territory, or possibly consulting. We'll see soon enough though haha. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also he/his secretary put a whole pound into the "company". Each share (100) is worth £0.01 per the PDF in there. This looks like an investment placeholder so he can use all that money and invest on things via that "company". I remember Benz had a bunch of gaming stuff assigned to him already when BARB was discovered, like a VR company, "Royal Gaming Circus", etc.


We'll see. But people are going to conspire anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 3:25 AM, Spider-Vice said:

Also he/his secretary put a whole pound into the "company". Each share (100) is worth £0.01 per the PDF in there. This looks like an investment placeholder so he can use all that money and invest on things via that "company". I remember Benz had a bunch of gaming stuff assigned to him already when BARB was discovered, like a VR company, "Royal Gaming Circus", etc.

Yeah I noticed that, but BARB started like this, incorporated under a different name, with a name change later on and £1 shares on issue. I think allocation of more shares once capital was involved to. Only difference is it incorporated with more directors.

Edited by deadasdisco
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2021 at 6:31 PM, deadasdisco said:

incorporated under a different name, with a name change later on

Correct, but by that time it was already associated with a bunch of other gaming stuff the Benz had registered or gotten involved with. Royal Gaming Circus, (whatever it was) VR and more were found before "Everywhere" became BARB IIRC. A matter of waiting, really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2021 at 3:32 AM, Spider-Vice said:

Correct, but by that time it was already associated with a bunch of other gaming stuff the Benz had registered or gotten involved with. Royal Gaming Circus, (whatever it was) VR and more were found before "Everywhere" became BARB IIRC.

Yeah you might be right! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I wonder what will happen if it turns out to be a game company, though. Without a doubt the story will be awesome, although he was not the only writer at Rockstar.

Edited by Orthur
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2021 at 10:20 PM, Spider-Vice said:

He does have a sh*t ton of money

dude bought a 16m house last year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2021 at 3:38 AM, DeltaV20 said:

dude bought a 16m house last year 

Dudes glitching Take Two servers IRL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't want to over-speculate, but I sure do hope this is the start of him making a writing return, Rockstar-related or not. 

fib_ufo_small.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's something of interest - the name "Ventures" might say it all - investments instead of a game company.


Epic Games did something very similar earlier this year: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13352714

 

You can see it's from Epic by looking at the "company's" personnel, it's the Epic Games CFO. This was filed shortly after Epic Games announced a large investment in their long-term vision for their metaverse: https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/news/announcing-a-1-billion-funding-round-to-support-epics-long-term-vision-for-the-metaverse

 

To me, it looks more like an investment front than a new games company, especially seeing that Epic entry in the Companies House, very similar to Dan's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The business was registered in the US back in February (17/02/21).

 

Edited by Kirsty
  • Like 2

fib_ufo_small.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 4:11 AM, Spider-Vice said:

Here's something of interest - the name "Ventures" might say it all - investments instead of a game company.


Epic Games did something very similar earlier this year: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13352714

 

You can see it's from Epic by looking at the "company's" personnel, it's the Epic Games CFO. This was filed shortly after Epic Games announced a large investment in their long-term vision for their metaverse: https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/news/announcing-a-1-billion-funding-round-to-support-epics-long-term-vision-for-the-metaverse

 

To me, it looks more like an investment front than a new games company, especially seeing that Epic entry in the Companies House, very similar to Dan's.

Slowly seems like it, his US arm is registered to his home currently, which I won't post.

 

Edit: Timing haha

Edited by deadasdisco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It's not his home. It's a "Delaware Company" much like T2 are. :p I think it's a tax thing too.


Edit: Investopedia on this

Edited by Spider-Vice
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck to him anyway, make that bank, Dan! 

  • Best Bru 2

fib_ufo_small.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 4:24 AM, Spider-Vice said:

It's not his home. It's a "Delaware Company" much like T2 are. :p I think it's a tax thing too.


Edit: Investopedia on this

I used a different site which is my go to for my trading/management info and it directs to California Secretary of State and where it was filed. Interestingly Saad Zaeem is named as Head of Strategy. Sounds like Venture Capital related stuff.

Edited by deadasdisco
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It very much sounds like this is just an investment front then, even more, and it's something very common among people with a lot of money, and sometimes not only. It helps with taxes as well. I wouldn't rush to say this is a gamedev company at all whatsoever lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2021 at 4:53 AM, Kirsty said:

(yeah goes without saying that it's best we don't post or share addresses from here, even if the information is out there on the public domain)

Agree, hope it seemed I was trying to achieve that. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I don't really understand how businesses work but is Dan just trying to pay less taxes with this if it's just an investment front?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greatest comeback ever

F2aQlfk.jpg

 

 

 

I think it'll be awhile before we hear anything though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2021 at 8:28 PM, GhettoJesus said:

So I don't really understand how businesses work but is Dan just trying to pay less taxes with this if it's just an investment front?

He could be investing in gaming companies like startups or other smaller companies using that front instead of this being an actual game development company.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.