Jump to content
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Criminal Enterprises
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Question about sounds


M.B. Kovas
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I ran into a little problem when trying to use ambient sounds.

 

How is one supposed to make an ambient soundtrack begin playing after a specific objective? am.mp3 starts at Objective 0. How do I make it so that am.mp3 starts playing, for example, at Objective 9? Or at the very least, how to make sure a sound file is not cut off at the next objective in terms of traditional xx.mp3 files?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Martin_Strada

Actually, most of the things that you have mentioned, people use afx.cs script where adding the audio files with this script is almost the same as without it: you just put the .mp3 files in the respective audio-folder of your mission, which can be found in the SD folder. The only difference is that you have to name the audio XX_afx.mp3 instead of just "XX.mp3, where XX is the number of the objective you want the sound to start on. The audio will then play until it ends, no matter how many objectives are left until the end of the mission. Stopping the audio is done the same way as it is in the original DYOM - just put an empty text file named "XX.noa", where XX is the number of the objective you want the sound to stop on, in the respective audio-folder of your mission. (half of the text were taken from Satourn, because Satourn explained it pretty well.)

Edited by Martin_Strada
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Martin_Strada said:

Actually, most of the things that you have mentioned, people use afx.cs script where adding the audio files with this script is almost the same as without it: you just put the .mp3 files in the respective audio-folder of your mission, which can be found in the SD folder. The only difference is that you have to name the audio XX_afx.mp3 instead of just "XX.mp3, where XX is the number of the objective you want the sound to start on. The audio will then play until it ends, no matter how many objectives are left until the end of the mission. Stopping the audio is done the same way as it is in the original DYOM - just put an empty text file named "XX.noa", where XX is the number of the objective you want the sound to stop on, in the respective audio-folder of your mission. (half of the text were taken from Satourn, because Satourn explained it pretty well.)

A script. Doesn't this just mean that it will only work for people who have the script installed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Martin_Strada
Just now, M.B. Kovas said:

A script. Doesn't this just mean that it will only work for people who have the script installed?

Most likely, yes. Most of the DYOM designers use this script, because it's really useful. Even though you can use this script on MOTW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Martin_Strada said:

Most likely, yes. Most of the DYOM designers use this script, because it's really useful. Even though you can use this script on MOTW.

If it doesn't work for people who don't have the script installed then it's useless to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.