4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Forza Horizon 5

DEALUX

On 9/10/2021 at 3:33 AM, Failed Again said:

When we all play, ......

Really like the way PG/MS have approached this - they could have easily gone the Fortnite-ish route of doing barely legally-distinct knock-offs and not giving the actual artists a penny, but instead, they're making their works a feature of the game (because murals are basically collectibles, similar to beauty spots), with proper attribution (and a cheque, no doubt), and giving each artist their own promo video. Good stuff - and maybe PG will continue doing similar kinds of collaborations in future games, too (same as how they introduced beauty spots in FH3, and they're now a standard feature).

Btw, Mazda got a backhand reveal (aw, yiss!) in the Forza Monthly stream, with the Hoonigan RX-7 "Twerkstallion" featured on one of the menus - and if anyone's worried about BMW or Lancia, worth remembering that both had sounds recorded as part of the car sounds preview a while back (with Mike Brown specifically mentioning the Stratos as his favourite engine sound in the game). Plus, the Formula Drift car list is already up, and it's missing one car (seven listed out of eight total): all the manufacturers have their respective lists in already (Nissan, Ferrari, HSV, etc.), so the only possible FD car left would either be one of the Nissan 240SXs, or the BMW 325i. And since they've already listed some of the FD Nissans (including the #777 240SX), why be coy about another of the same car? Makes more sense that they'll add the FD 325i when BMW's full list goes up - just need confirmation of Alfa Romeo, now (won't be the same without the 33 Stradale! :cry:).

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Early game previews and impressions came out today for those wanting them, I'm personally avoiding as much as possible now as I want to experience it for my self but the impressions sound very very positive so far with a lot of praise for the map.

It's been a long, long time since I've been genuinely excited for an upcoming racing/driving game (TDU2 was probs the last?), it's nice. 

• Like 1

I won't spoil anything other than Playground Games said they were able to do something with the breaking that only a 3 year development cycle allowed them to do. They wanted to do it before but were never afforded the time to do it. I wonder what it is and will it be noticeable to someone not in the know.

Breaking? You mean braking? Eitherway I'd be curious to know what that is, should let me know after launch to see if I notice it lol.

Liking that they're offering a ultimate edition DLC for Games Pass subscribers so they can get the early access and ultimate content for a reduced price, think I'll definitely be picking that up, the perks are nice and the expansions were fun in FH4 so I think I'll get my monies worth.

• Realistic Steak! 1

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

Breaking? You mean braking? Eitherway I'd be curious to know what that is, should let me know after launch to see if I notice it lol.

No, the breaks on a car when it's broken. :D  That one always catches me off-guard. 

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

Liking that they're offering a ultimate edition DLC for Games Pass subscribers so they can get the early access and ultimate content for a reduced price, think I'll definitely be picking that up, the perks are nice and the expansions were fun in FH4 so I think I'll get my monies worth.

Did not know that. I have never actually played any of the add-ons for Horizon, but have been curious. I think this will be one of those titles I'll just outright buy in case I let my GP sub slip next year. 

6 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

No, the breaks on a car when it's broken. :D  That one always catches me off-guard. 

Oooh, I won't notice that then as I always play with damage off, I hate the cars looking damaged so I never bother.

I hope the online component will have tier-based restrictions. For example, level 1 players would be restricted to driving mostly cheap cars, usually in the D or C-class (which also applies to Wheelspins), while players with levels somewhere in the 100s and upwards can have access to S1 and S2 class cars. In order to have access to high-end cars and higher performance classes (as well as chances to win Forza Edition cars in the Wheelspins), they have to level themselves up by racing and whatnot. I think it would give the players a good incentive to keep playing and unlock access to supercars instead of being able to purchase them right out of the gate, kinda like in Test Drive Unlimited, where you'd start out with a cheap, low-end car and work your way up to earn enough money and experience to buy a supercar.

I know that seems kinda like wishful thinking, but maybe this system will be implemented in the next Forza game.

Edited by Ivan1997GTA

I bet there will be a credits glitch for the first few weeks again hahaha. I got all cars in FM7 (850) and all cars in FM4 forgotten how many it has. No way i would grind this game to death just to get all cars nonono.

3 hours ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

I hope the online component will have tier-based restrictions. For example, level 1 players would be restricted to driving mostly cheap cars, usually in the D or C-class (which also applies to Wheelspins), while players with levels somewhere in the 100s and upwards can have access to S1 and S2 class cars. In order to have access to high-end cars and higher performance classes (as well as chances to win Forza Edition cars in the Wheelspins), they have to level themselves up by racing and whatnot. I think it would give the players a good incentive to keep playing and unlock access to supercars instead of being able to purchase them right out of the gate, kinda like in Test Drive Unlimited, where you'd start out with a cheap, low-end car and work your way up to earn enough money and experience to buy a supercar.

I know that seems kinda like wishful thinking, but maybe this system will be implemented in the next Forza game.

Can't see that happening and frankly don't see the point tbh. The example you gave, TDU, had no real restrictions with that stuff either and earning money in that game was a piece of piss, you could have a Veyron after a day or two in TDU2 (I know cause I did lol) and TDU1 had a 30 second race that made 70k a pop.

Forza Horizon differs in TDU that it isn't really a "live the dream" type game where you work your way up, Horizon's much more of a collectathon in a festival atmosphere.

Bada Bing , It's a FortZa

Source: Gamespot

Xbox engineer Brenna Duffitt reminded people that it should be pronounced "FORT-ZA not FORZZZA." Xbox global games marketing's Kelly Lombardi chimed in as well with a funny meme of Hermione from Harry Potter explaining how Forza is actually pronounced.

Another Xbox marketing boss, Matt Chang, said the pronunciation is easy to remember. It's pronounced like Pizza. "That's what I tell people," Chang said.

• Realistic Steak! 1

I just preordered the premium edition on steam. It just looks awesome. Damn im glad forza is not just available in the annoying microsoft store anymore. I hated the way the games worked like apps in that. I got FM7 and FH3 and FH4 from the microsoft store, it always was a nightmare getting the games to work.

Edited by Mexicola9302
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

I just preordered the premium edition on steam. It just looks awesome. Damn im glad forza is not just available in the annoying microsoft store anymore. I hated the way the games worked like apps in that. I got FM7 and FH3 and FH4 from the microsoft store, it always was a nightmare getting the games to work.

The Steam version is more likely to have issues. At least with FH4 that seemed to be the case.

The Audiophile Thread

XB271HU | TESORO Gram XS | Xtrfy MZ1 | Xbox Elite v2 | Hifiman Sundara | Fiio K9 Pro

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro

There are always ppl that have issues, with any games. It doesn't mean that it will happen with FH5 just because it's on Steam. Im pretty sure the majority didn't have problems with it. Some ppl have potato rigs, some ppl are too dumb to use their rigs etc. what im trying to say is, usually the issue sits in front of the keyboard.

I just played some FH4 for the first time after a loooooooong time, and i noticed i still got 1200 wheelspins and 140 super wheelspins lol. Already got all cars, and still got 26 million credits, i mean what the hell am i supossed to do with that. :D 

I seriously hope there will be another credits and xp glitch in FH5 in the first few weeks. I don't wanna grind racing games, i just wanna have all cars and drive them if i want to. Sure i would play Gran Turismo differently but not Forza.

Edited by Mexicola9302
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Game has gone gold and Playground have started to reveal the full soundtrack, with Pulse getting a full tracklist reveal today and others coming in the next few days:

FCAAFJDXsAMMPLC?format=jpg&name=large

First impressions from what I've been seeing in the gameplay videos this past week is that it's already MILES better than FH4's soundtrack, obviously music taste is subjective but I've always thought music and sound are some the most important aspects to keep in mind in a Horizon game. I'm really excited to see Porter Robinson back (last time he was featured was in FH1 9 years ago!), as well as a few other artists like Gorillaz, Dua Lipa, Lil Nas X, Glass Animals, Hot Chip, Mat Zo, Robotaki, Jungle, Remi Wolf, deadmau5, Whethan and Big Wild. The few Latin additions, which admittedly could've been more, are also pretty solid and welcome here. That being said not having a CHVRCHES song after they put out an album just over a couple of months ago is almost criminal, as they've become a series staple of some sort.

And at least if it does get repetitive we have the option to fully turn the radio off completely, which is a good QoL improvement from FH4, where you could only lower the volume down to 1.

image.png

twitter // instagram // #KB43VER

It's kinda surpising to see Dynamite MC as part of the Hospital Records playlist instead of Horizon Block Party. I kinda expected some more artists to show up in this game, like Jamiroquai on Horizon Bass Arena/Pulse, and maybe Nine Inch Nails on Horizon XS. As for CHVRCHES being left out after being featured in the series since FH2, I could probably see them return as part of a DLC expansion.

Also, it seems like the Forza Horizon series can't escape classical music. Not saying I hate it, but Radio Eterna is just gonna be a reskinned version of Radio Levante from FH2 and Timeless FM from FH3 and FH4, with probably a new Mexican host (which kinda makes sense, since "eterna" translates to "timeless"). I expected like a completely new radio station dedicated exclusively to Latin American musicians, kinda like Future Classic Radio from FH3. With that said, I'm curious to hear what the rest of the soundtrack is gonna be like.

Let's just hope that they won't censor or remove any of the songs in an update like with the last entry.

Edited by Ivan1997GTA
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

It's kinda surpising to see Dynamite MC as part of the Hospital Records playlist instead of Horizon Block Party.

I believe he has a record deal with Hospital alongside DRS, they put out a collaborative album and that's why he's featured on that station. And if I recall correctly he's featured on a song by Grafix on the station titled "Black Magic".

One of the big shocks was the fact that they mentioned London Elektricity would not be returning to host the station, which is somewhat disappointing as I enjoy the banter between him and Chris Goss. That being said they said he is being replaced by Degs, who is also an MC and singer-songwriter tied to Hospital, and that the station's commentary would feature Chris Goss teaching him how to run the station, which should be interesting after all.

image.png

On 10/15/2021 at 9:55 PM, Failed Again said:

Bada Bing , It's a FortZa

Yep, it's an Italian word. All Italian 'Z's are hard. It means 'force' or 'strength.' You'll often see at football matches "Forza Milano" or "Forza Italia!" It's like 'Go Italy!" I learned this when I was teen from my ex-girlfriend who happened to be from Italy. Ever since I hear people calling it 'Forsa' kind of bugs me, lol. Another one is "Ce" or Ci" in Italian. It's not pronounced "Se" or "Si" It's "Che" (as in Ch from cheddar) and "Chi." Technically, Tommy Vercetti's real name pronunciation is Tommy Ver-CH-etti  (using the 'ch' sound from 'cheese.') Think "ciabatta" or "ciao" or the musical instrument, "cello." It's just that most people including American wops mispronounce their own surnames because they treat all latin names with a soft "c" sound like it's Spanish.  There's your Italian lesson for the day! 😛 

Anyway.. speaking of Italian.. love that this highway gives me Horizon 2 vibes. 

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 3

Pre-load went live yesterday. 103 GB on Series consoles/PC and 116 GB on Xbox One.

• Like 1

image.png

1 hour ago, Testarossa said:

Pre-load went live yesterday. 103 GB on Series consoles/PC and 116 GB on Xbox One.

Got mine yesterday

103 GB series X

I need more storage getting near full..

Seagate/Xbox announced 512 and 2 GB available soon

I can't preload it on steam yet. Just checked.

But it doesn't matter, my internet is at least halfway fast, with 50 mbit downspeed and 10 mbit upspeed. It will only take a few hours anyway.

Edited by Mexicola9302

On 10/19/2021 at 9:05 AM, Testarossa said:

Game has gone gold and Playground have started to reveal the full soundtrack, with Pulse getting a full tracklist reveal today and others coming in the next few days:

FCAAFJDXsAMMPLC?format=jpg&name=large

First impressions from what I've been seeing in the gameplay videos this past week is that it's already MILES better than FH4's soundtrack, obviously music taste is subjective but I've always thought music and sound are some the most important aspects to keep in mind in a Horizon game. I'm really excited to see Porter Robinson back (last time he was featured was in FH1 9 years ago!), as well as a few other artists like Gorillaz, Dua Lipa, Lil Nas X, Glass Animals, Hot Chip, Mat Zo, Robotaki, Jungle, Remi Wolf, deadmau5, Whethan and Big Wild. The few Latin additions, which admittedly could've been more, are also pretty solid and welcome here. That being said not having a CHVRCHES song after they put out an album just over a couple of months ago is almost criminal, as they've become a series staple of some sort.

And at least if it does get repetitive we have the option to fully turn the radio off completely, which is a good QoL improvement from FH4, where you could only lower the volume down to 1.

I already know what the Saint Jhn track is gonna be lol.

Was just listening to Royal Blood, K.Flay, Death Valley Girls and Plague Vendor the other day. Seems like Horizon XS is gonna be pretty killer.

Edited by sabitsuki

23 minutes ago, sabitsuki said:

I already know what the Saint Jhn track is gonna be lol.

Roses I'm guessing, it's the only one I know anyway

I usually like Bass Arena, FH3 had a sick selection but I didn't like anything on FH4's radios so I had it muted. I only know 3 artists on the bass arena list so hopefully I'll like them.

The Horizon Rocks station that was on Horizon 1 desperately needs to return, that station tied with FH3's Bass Arena are my favourites

Edited by Fidzy

53 minutes ago, Fidzy said:

The Horizon Rocks station that was on Horizon 1 desperately needs to return, that station tied with FH3's Bass Arena are my favourites

Horizon XS already serves the same purpose as Horizon Rocks in FH2 and FH4. Though, I do wish that radio station had some classic rock songs to mix it up.

3 minutes ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

Horizon XS already serves the same purpose as Horizon Rocks in FH2 and FH4. Though, I do wish that radio station had some classic rock songs to mix it up.

Horizon XS has a different sub genre of rock compared to Horizon Rocks, there's nothing on XS that interests me

47 minutes ago, Fidzy said:

Horizon XS has a different sub genre of rock compared to Horizon Rocks, there's nothing on XS that interests me

Nah, they're actually really similar. Just checked the playlist.

God, they actually had Lostprophets in there.

Edited by sabitsuki

I'm still curious as to what's going on with Fiat/Abarth, Lancia, and Alfa Romeo - according to people who've mined the files on PC, they aren't in at launch (not unless they're scheduled for something like a Day 1 patch).

That's weird, because while I get that there have been past instances where a company has an exclusivity deal with another publisher, or their new head of marketing thinks that videogames 'sully the brand' or whatever, or they're trying to keep a low profile after a scandal, or any number of possible reasons, it's another thing to suddenly be a no-show when Playground already showed off the Stratos in-game in one of the streams, and footage of them recording engine sounds for a Stratos and a Fulvia. :dontgetit:

Eh, maybe it's another Mitsubishi situation, where the cars came so quickly after launch that it feels like there was something holding up the license renewal, and so they weren't quite ready to go for launch, and got shoved back in as soon as possible when whatever-it-was got ironed out. In any case, it'd be strange not to get the Stratos (seeing as it's currently the only car out of the 'Big 20' appearing in all mainline Motorsport/Horizon games that hasn't been 100% confirmed for FH5 yet), or the 33 Stradale, considering how long they've been series staples, and how iconic they are.

• Like 1

Digital Foundry, did a great look at ForTZa 5

today 10.23.21

Edited by Failed Again
  • Like 1

i usually prefer "quality mode" in games, but i guess i will go performance mode for fh5, in the end its better for racing games

• Like 2