3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[RDR2] The John Marston Restoration Project

GuiCORLEONEx794

You guys are sore f*cking losers aren't you?

This is a great mod but jesus christ, had it been done by different and perhaps by more mature people I'd be appreciating it much more.
I was silently looking at this just to see where it was going, I can't just watch, I'm dropping my two cents.

Edited by BlackScout

The mod's pretty awesome, exactly what I wanted since the day I've seen the changes made to Epilogue John model.
But... was there really a point of making all this pointless drama over the thread moving to the correct subforum? 
I don't get how such decision "ruined" the topic, it's in place where it should have been from the start.
Besides, the post with the link to that thread (which now leads to some other site) has been pinned in John's hair thread, so any RDR2 fan that is bothered with issues that John model has would instantly see the link to this thread and check it out.

12 hours ago, cp1dell said:

I find it ironic that the people complaining about this thread being moved to a “dead board” where it will “never be seen and properly discussed,” are the same that are secretive about YMT decompiling/editing. Someone even pointed it out on the Nexus how impossible it is to find any info on this, yet it’s clearly possible. Guess people only make a fuss about sh*t when it’s the specific stuff they want people to see.

I don’t know about the moderators, but if there is anything this site is infamous for from what I’ve seen over the years, it’s the insane pride and large egos that some of the mod authors have which has left a lot of great mods unreleased or unfinished because of the drama these people create.

Incomprehensibly based. It's still a thing today, unfortunately, in the IV Modding scene. Not to mention the ridiculous ammount of hacks in multiplayer, closed source mods that basically killed that game's modding capabilities, and playing on patches that you can't even use at their fullest legally.

10 hours ago, Western Gunslinger said:

LMAO moving the topic thread of one of the biggest RDR2 mods to a sh*tty forum for old gta skin retextures because REEEEEEEE WRONG SECTION I'M MOVING THIS CUZ I'M A LOSER WHO GOT NOTHING BETTER TO DO

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRrTFMUREtumY9q3VkxLt

Typical moderator/admin. Getting worked up over nothing

oh no moderino didnt move my createrino to the right section, what am i gonna do if moderino doesnt move mod from dead section to putrid dead section oh nooooooooooooo

e0d.png

Your mod wouldn't get a fraction of the attention if it was moved into the RDR2 mods section, since average consoomer wouldn't browse the "X Mods" section as it's full of technical questions and third worlders requesting mods. No sh*t none of you browse those sections even, it's exactly because of that. Cope and seethe

In fact you should be thankful this thread even got attention from your drama in the first place, since you were talking about muh inactivity. Maybe now you will realize you need to start browsing this section and start posting mods if you want attention and more people to do the same. So congrats I guess.

Edited by Jinx.

What the f*ck happened to this topic? 

I made a peaceful comment saying "Can i request for it to be moved back?" 

And moderators already came being passive agressive towards me for doing nothing, saying "This is just blind complaining from the same old people as always. "  like if they knew me but i barely use the website and i don't even know who they are.

As you can see by reading the thread I made a simple request and look what it became.

Ofc, i shouldn't have been agressive after my thread went off topic, and i'm sorry for that, but i already have a lot of sh*t i need to deal with in my real life and this was just another one of those things to get me pissed off.

Look at what this thread has become, ridiculous. i thought topic threads that go off topic were meant to be locked. This one should already be locked considering it went crazy after i made a peaceful request asking for the topic to be moved to a RDR2 section.

I already posted the topic on RDR2Mods where is much more organized than this so i see no reason at all to keep this topic going.

Please lock this thread or delete it.

• KEKW 2
58 minutes ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

I made a peaceful comment saying "Can i request for it to be moved back?" 

And we replied no, we cannot, because the modding section is not just for "sh*tty 3D GTA retextures" as you thought it was. We weren't the only aggressive ones here. If you don't know the forum's rules on posting mods and etc, then it's on you - it's linked on the forum's footer and there's a big ol' blue button on top as well. Moving a dedicated mod topic to its correct section (ScriptHookRDR2 is also in the Mod Showroom -> Scripts section) does not kill the mod, quite the opposite. We've already explained this section has more momentum than the RDR2 section, which is for game discussion (atm Red Dead Online has more traffic) and not a dedicated place for mods.

Our modding section has existed for basically all of our 20 years and has hosted mods for all Rockstar games. You made a mod, what seems to be a good mod that people have been asking for a while, and we moved it here. URL's are kept when topics are moved, you could still share it around, link it wherever you want, etc. I even personally pinned a post about it in the RDR2 Marston hair topic (so there goes your theory that I have a personal problem with Marston mods), and what's the staff met with? Aggression from a group who's been aggressive in the past and thinks we're all out to get you, when we're just doing our normal "jobs" of moving topics around when they're in the wrong section. We would have moved any other topic to its correct section. When we moved it, there was a bunch of people looking at the topic, but you preferred to take it personally and go back to your past completely nonsense theories that staff are against Marston restore mods.

If any staff member had anything against a Marston Hair topic or whatever problem you may have with the character, everything would be deleted by now (it's not, except the topic where the group promoted harassment at one point), and let's be honest, this topic became full of ridiculous reactions because of your own reactions to a simple topic being moved.

And moderators already came being passive agressive towards me for doing nothing, saying "This is just blind complaining from the same old people as always. "  like if they knew me but i barely use the website and i don't even know who they are.

The reason I worded it that way is because the reaction was completely blown out of proportion like other Marston model related matters. And continues to be even outside this network. It wasn't necessarily targetted towards only you.

Ofc, i shouldn't have been agressive after my thread went off topic, and i'm sorry for that, but i already have a lot of sh*t i need to deal with in my real life and this was just another one of those things to get me pissed off.

I'm sorry but it's your own problem if us, as moderators, enforcing the forum rules annoys you and makes you be aggressive. There was no different treatment here, we'd have moved any other topic, again, as I mentioned.

I already posted the topic on RDR2Mods where is much more organized

I don't see how, but obviously it's your choice. This topic was at the top of the Characters forum this whole time and our modding section is still (other than the games' sections) one of the most active sections of this forum. This was completely blown out of proportion by a specific group of people. That's all. That's why the topic went the way it did. Did you expect your passive-aggressiveness to not be met with the same passive-aggressiveness? This is honestly unprecedented in this forum's history AFAIK, the reaction people had to this topic being moved. What else do you want me to say? This is just... unexplainable. We are a forum, not reddit where it's just threads after threads with no organisation, we have 20 years of content, of course there's gonna be more stuff posted here, it doesn't mean it'll die or be buried, especially if you had continued to promote it on social media and such using links to this very forum. Instead, this. Oh well, what can we do? Your choice, I do truly hope your mod is successful.

Oh and BTW, I'm very well aware my comment about "clicks" was totally misunderstood - as I was actually implying you guys could "get your clicks" AKA promote the mod anyway, regardless of section. But everything's gotta have a secondary meaning isn't it? Anyway...

Cheers.