1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[RDR2] The John Marston Restoration Project

GuiCORLEONEx794

GuiCORLEONEx794
Posted (edited)

aJVLLMU.png 

After many years of people's requests and petitions, its finally here. A small mod that begun as a model swapping test for Lambda's new file streaming method, became an ambitious project to fully restore John Marston back to his prime.

This mod restores John Marston's beta assets, such as his beta head models, clothes, hair and more.

Some of the features included are:

Red_Dead_Redemption_2_Screenshot_2021.06

ALL of the assets above are included as Add On clothes, they don't replace any asset ingame. To buy them, you need to go to the fence, as seen here:

giphy.gif 

Unique hairstyles for John were also added, with the correct dark brown hair color and without affecting Arthur Morgan's hair.

Btw, John's classic right parted hair does not clip through the hat.

John's npc pants were also included:

Red_Dead_Redem2_Scot_2021.05.2.png 

Red_Dead_Redem2_Scot_20dg21.05.2.png

There are many more features in the mod but then it is too much for this post!

exJg6QW.png

Requires the latest build of Lenny's Mod Loader.

iUCtI9m.png 

To install the mod, simply put the folder "LML" in your Red Dead Redemption 2 directory.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/478

Made by AfroBandit, GuiCORLEONEx794 and Eki.

Edited by GuiCORLEONEx794
1 hour ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

ALL of the assets above are included as Add On clothes, they don't replace any asset ingame. To buy them, you need to go to the fence, as seen here:

No f*cking way.

The fence clothing is bugged for me. None of the names are being displayed, although I can buy and use them just fine.
Also, I think things like the NPC bandana should be optional, I'm really not a fan of it.

Since this is the topic to ask questions, I’ll ask again here.

Would it be possible to include an alternate player_three.ymt that replaces Left Parted Lengths 2 - 7 with the classic hair, as well as all the regular chin, mustache, and sideburns lengths with their length 1 "model?" That way one, from the start of The Wheel, John has his original appearance as depicted in the mission replay photos. And two, so these replacements don't affect Arthur? The mod’s functionality is great, and is worked in a way that is logical and seems official i.e. the classic hair replacing length seven hair, as requested by many people since the game’s release. But since there is no way to edit whatever controls hair and beard length, this seems like the only way to ensure John has his classic look right from the start of The Wheel.

GuiCORLEONEx794

23 minutes ago, cp1dell said:

Would it be possible to include an alternate player_three.ymt that replaces Left Parted Lengths 2 - 7 with the classic hair, as well as all the regular chin, mustache, and sideburns lengths with their length 1 "model?" That way one, from the start of The Wheel, John has his original appearance as depicted in the mission replay photos. And two, so these replacements don't affect Arthur? The mod’s functionality is great, and is worked in a way that is logical and seems official i.e. the classic hair replacing length seven hair, as requested by many people since the game’s release. But since there is no way to edit whatever controls hair and beard length, this seems like the only way to ensure John has his classic look right from the start of The Wheel.

I already replied to your question on the mod page.

35 minutes ago, xuru said:

The fence clothing is bugged for me. None of the names are being displayed, although I can buy and use them just fine.
Also, I think things like the NPC bandana should be optional, I'm really not a fan of it.

Thats probably a problem with conflicting mods. Some mods like red deaf offline and such aren't compatible.

2 minutes ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

Thats probably a problem with conflicting mods. Some mods like red deaf offline and such aren't compatible.

Oh okay, so it's probably outfit changer... 

27 minutes ago, cp1dell said:

I'd also like to suggest some stuff. A recolor of John's gunslinger vest to make it the same gray color his classic hat has instead of the blueish/greenish color so it looks more like the RDR counterpart, making all clothing pieces addons instead of replacing a vanilla model/texture, except if they're a direct fix (like the disco pants fix, the weathered gunbelt fix, the open gunslinger vest etc), replacing the color of his buzzed cut with dark brown instead of jet black (I think you forgot to do so), making all the hairstyle replacements optional for people who don't like a certain style or just want to rock the vanilla look with the dark brown color, replacing his epilogue holster with the one from the bank robbery, and using the second variant of the gunslinger vest to greatly minimize clipping with the open vest (I know you've stated before that these last two were impossible to do since they were inside merge files, but aren't they possible to do now?)
Also, I noticed you managed to fix the neck clipping with the nude model when taking a bath. This mod just gets better and better...

GuiCORLEONEx794
1 hour ago, xuru said:

Oh okay, so it's probably outfit changer... 

I'd also like to suggest some stuff. A recolor of John's gunslinger vest to make it the same gray color his classic hat has instead of the blueish/greenish color so it looks more like the RDR counterpart, making all clothing pieces addons instead of replacing a vanilla model/texture, except if they're a direct fix (like the disco pants fix, the weathered gunbelt fix, the open gunslinger vest etc), replacing the color of his buzzed cut with dark brown instead of jet black (I think you forgot to do so), making all the hairstyle replacements optional for people who don't like a certain style or just want to rock the vanilla look with the dark brown color, replacing his epilogue holster with the one from the bank robbery, and using the second variant of the gunslinger vest to greatly minimize clipping with the open vest (I know you've stated before that these last two were impossible to do since they were inside merge files, but aren't they possible to do now?)
Also, I noticed you managed to fix the neck clipping with the nude model when taking a bath. This mod just gets better and better...

Someone else already made a mod to change vest color. I ain’t going to use variation 2 of the vest because it has the buffer epilogue shoulders, while the vest i included in the mod is the pre release vest. I also heard the suggestion to add the heist gunbelt a million times, and even if i didn’t, i am aware of the changes rockstar made to the belt. As i stated in the pinned comment in the nexus mod page, we are trying to restore John as much as possible, so if one of the features is missing, is because it can’t be done. And the gunbelt has completely f*cked weapon animations, and if you fix it, the other regular gunbelts like Arthur’s will have f*cked animations instead.

Ain’t never gonna make the hair files separate like ydd models since that way it will affect Arthur, and we would also have to revert the hair hashes to the original ones on the ymt which would be a pain in the ass.

22 minutes ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

Someone else already made a mod to change vest color. I ain’t going to use variation 2 of the vest because it has the buffer epilogue shoulders, while the vest i included in the mod is the pre release vest. I also heard the suggestion to add the heist gunbelt a million times, and even if i didn’t, i am aware of the changes rockstar made to the belt. As i stated in the pinned comment in the nexus mod page, we are trying to restore John as much as possible, so if one of the features is missing, is because it can’t be done. And the gunbelt has completely f*cked weapon animations, and if you fix it, the other regular gunbelts like Arthur’s will have f*cked animations instead.

Ain’t never gonna make the hair files separate like ydd models since that way it will affect Arthur, and we would also have to revert the hair hashes to the original ones on the ymt which would be a pain in the ass.

I understand, thanks for the reply. Could you link that vest mod?

It's so amazing to see this community improve the game even further, absolutely brillant work GuiCORLEONEx794, AfroBandit and Eki! I hope GTAFourms decides to feature this mod, I see a lot of time went into developing and researching it. Keep up the amazing work!

• Like 2
GuiCORLEONEx794
Posted (edited)

So, why was the topic moved to "characters"? I don't see a point to do so since there are a lot of other threads that weren't moved. Can i request it to be moved back?

Edited by GuiCORLEONEx794

Uhg. Put the post back in the RDR2 section - this is absolutely ridiculous. The character section for modding is mostly seen by people who're modding GTAV and older GTA games. 

• Like 1
Darealbandicoot
Posted (edited)

This topic should really be moved back to the RDR2 section. This section is dead as a doorknob if you are looking for anything pertaining to Red Dead Redemption 2. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot
  • Like 3

What are you talking about? All mod topics, RDR2, GTA V, GTA SA, Manhunt, Max Payne 3, Bully whatever have you, go into the modding section and this is no different. If you think this section is dead, bring attention to the mod in the original Marston hair topic which is still in the RDR2 section.

This is just blind complaining from the same old people as always. GTAForums has its own dedicated modding section for the past 20 years - mods go there.

49 minutes ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

since there are a lot of other threads that weren't moved.

Can you link us staff to some? All dedicated mod topics go in the Showroom. For any game. Marston's Hair topic wasn't a dedicated thread to a specific mod.

GuiCORLEONEx794
11 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

What are you talking about? All mod topics, RDR2, GTA V, GTA SA, Manhunt, Max Payne 3, Bully whatever have you, go into the modding section and this is no different. If you think this section is dead, bring attention to the mod in the original Marston hair topic which is still in the RDR2 section.

This is just blind complaining from the same old people as always. GTAForums has its own dedicated modding section for the past 20 years - mods go there.

Can you link us staff to some? All dedicated mod topics go in the Showroom. For any game. Marston's Hair topic wasn't a dedicated thread to a specific mod.

Well, some of the reasons i posted the mod in this forums were:

1- Have a specific topic for people who use the mod to discuss it and send suggestions or report bugs, without flooding the hair topic.

2- Bring attention to the mod for GtaForums users who don't know its existence to gain more track and recognition for the hard work and effort put in the mod.

3- Share the progress with the mod such as the new updates and such.

Since the mod is now hidden under a dead forum that is only visited by people who mod old 3d gta games, most people won't even know this topic exists, people won't use it to discuss the mod and i won't feel like posting much of the progress here in the future, turning this topic into another dead mod topic.

• Like 4
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

No one is 'blind complaining'. We're trying to make a point this mod isn't suitable for a topic which is 95% dedicated to GTA titles. This post would have a better reach in the Red Dead Redemption 2 section of the website. I highly doubt most RDR2 fans will come to this section of the site. 

Edited by VideoTech_
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

Mod showroom is not dedicated for GTA mods only, it is dedicated for Rockstar Games mods, idk what you complaining about.

Also can you like use different service than nexus mods? As that one breaks the rules ;)

Download Links:

• Download links must not require registration or a survey.

Edited by Sneed
GuiCORLEONEx794
Just now, Sneed said:

Mod showroom is not dedicated for GTA mods only, it is dedicated for Rockstar Games mods, idk what you complaining about.

Seems like you didn't read the messages above then.

If you want to have the topic in a specific dead forums so much, why don't you move it to "Red Dead Mods" then?

2 minutes ago, Sneed said:

Also can you like use different service than nexus mods? As that one breaks the rules ;)

Well, that's the only site with a better reach of mods right now. Other sites are still growing.

It is not an argument. Mod is mod. 

The movement from subforum to subforum was done with linkage in place that will stay up for 7 days. (aka link to this thread is also visible in RDR2 subforum)

Not to mention there are also other ways how mod gets visible, thanks to linking outside GTAForums, such as reddit, or youtube videos.

At least mods like these will bring in some traffic and life to this section.

1 minute ago, VideoTech_ said:

Well, that's the only site with a better reach of mods right now. Other sites are still growing.

You can use free cloud services such as onedrive, mega, google drive or mediafire.

GuiCORLEONEx794

Well, i would like to say THANKS MODERATORS, for ruining this topic.

You could have at least moved this to the section "Red Dead Mods" but you insist in keeping it in Mod Showroom which is supposedly for Red Dead Games as well, but it is obviously made for GTA only, hence why there is a forums SPECIFICALLY for Red Dead Mods. I always heard that GTAForums admins were the worst, and now i agree, since every time i saw a

moderator in this website, they were being huge dicks with everyone. 

There is no blind complaining. There are blind moderators who can't see the difference between Red Dead Mods and Mod Showroom.

There are moderators who always find a way to turn anything into an issue. 

I haven't seen one likable moderator in this website yet, you are always turning everything into a problem and making huge cases out of anything, you even complained about Nexus, lmao.

All i wanted was to make a peaceful topic for my mod, all the moderators wanted was to find a way to ruin it somehow.

The same way they changed the Hair topic's name to "John Marston's hair obsession".

I'll be making a new thread for this mod on RDR2Mods.com. 

I don't understand. Section doesn't matter, you guys can promote your mod in other places to get your clicks*. Most of the clicks in the Marston Hair topic came from stuff you guys highlighted on social media, not because it's in the RDR2 section. The RDR2 section itself is also basically "dead" as you call it in comparison to, say, RDO.

All of these are non-arguments, the mod was moved to the correct section and nothing else changed - can still be promoted as you wish, posted to other places (like you did in the Marston Hair topic and I did pin it to the top), etc. etc. But it looks like I'm right about this being just blind complaining as always without even thinking a bit more deeply about how you could promote the mod. As far as I checked there was no better activity in the RDR2 section than here, but okay. You do you. It's staying here. If you believe that posting it elsewhere is gonna bring it more attention, go ahead, but you're making a gigantic mountain out of a microscopic molehill. As always.

EDIT: *to get your clicks here means to bring attention to this mod... not that you're doing it for clicks. Crikey. I'm using clicks as a metric.

The aggression in here is a little bit OTT. It all boils down to the categories we have set for this area; this is an organised forum and topics don’t just go where they will be most seen as this kind of platform isn’t a free for all like Reddit. “GTA Mods” and “Red Dead Mods” are there for discussion and support only as their descriptions state, not for released or WIP mods, which is what the “Showroom” has always been for. The lack of RDR2 activity in these areas is generally because we haven’t had many modders from that community advertise their creations here since there are other dedicated platforms for it and we are most used by GTA fans. 

I'm just as puzzled anyone else tbh.

It's a highly requested mod, it looks promising, the following behind the Marston restoration stuff is, evidenced by other threads on GTAF, active enough to keep this thread on the front page regularly. All good things.

But it gets moved to the proper section of the forum, just like any other mod would and has been in GTAF's 20 year history, and the immediate reaction is to hit the self destruct button, with individuals with no warn history on the forum proclaiming that "staff = bad", despite seemingly having no real dealings with staff in that area.

If a mod is good, people will come, if a mod is surrounded by drama, people will avoid. It's not off to a good start here, hopefully you have better luck in the future.

Also, let it be known, to add to the whole nonsense that this drama is, that RDR2Mods is an Invision forum just like ours, with a section also (correctly) called Mod Showroom, where you posted the mod, just like this forum has a section called Mod Showroom (and is more active) where all mods reside, and all we did was move the topic there because all mods posted in forums like GTAF or RDR2Mods belong in, well, a mod showroom.

Unbelievable.

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

It’s not like this website has ever even been known for its high traffic on mod threads. Maybe for big mods for the 3D era games, or big mods for whatever the most recent entry in the HD era is. In all reality, the most activity and discussion for a mod would be on its’ download page. Whether it was GTAGarage, GTA4 Mods, GTA5 Mods etc. Hell, GTAGarage had a spot to link the the GTAForums thread for the mod, and that sh*t was always dead. The real discussion was always on GTAGarage. And it’s looking to be the same with the RDR2 Nexus ever since the mod was released. Even though the topic for it was the John Marston Hair thread in the “very active” RDR2 board, there was a lot more activity on the Nexus page.

If anything this is comparable to the GTA IV community fixes. Original topic began in a thread about the cut radio station songs, heavily discussed, someone made a fix for it and made an official thread for the mod in Mod Showrooms. No drama there.

I find it ironic that the people complaining about this thread being moved to a “dead board” where it will “never be seen and properly discussed,” are the same that are secretive about YMT decompiling/editing. Someone even pointed it out on the Nexus how impossible it is to find any info on this, yet it’s clearly possible. Guess people only make a fuss about sh*t when it’s the specific stuff they want people to see.

I don’t know about the moderators, but if there is anything this site is infamous for from what I’ve seen over the years, it’s the insane pride and large egos that some of the mod authors have which has left a lot of great mods unreleased or unfinished because of the drama these people create.

Edited by cp1dell
  • Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1
Western Gunslinger
Posted (edited)

LMAO moving the topic thread of one of the biggest RDR2 mods to a sh*tty forum for old gta skin retextures because REEEEEEEE WRONG SECTION I'M MOVING THIS CUZ I'M A LOSER WHO GOT NOTHING BETTER TO DO

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRrTFMUREtumY9q3VkxLt

Typical moderator/admin. Getting worked up over nothing

Edited by Western Gunslinger
  • Like 1
  • Bruh 2
Redemptify

It seems like the mods here go out of their way to make people upset. Whatever, they're too stubborn to change their minds, so lets just try to make the most of this.

Western Gunslinger
Just now, Redemptify said:

It seems like the mods here go out of their way to make people upset. Whatever, they're too stubborn to change their minds, so lets just try to make the most of this.

Unfortunately so, this place has gone downhill this past few years

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1