Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

"Killer Cowboy" myth


Recommended Posts

What is the deal with the Killer Cowboy myth? According to the GTA Myths wiki (https://gta-myths.fandom.com/wiki/Killer_Cowboy) this myth is proven. Of course, the GTA Myths wiki isn't the most accurate source, but is there any truth to this myth? Back in the day, I investigated it myself, trying a bunch of weird experiments to see if he would attack me. I never got him to attack me with a gun, like it claims. Is it completely false?

Link to post
Share on other sites
CynicalMexican

It's generally accepted that someone had the "State of Emergency" cheat on unknowingly and got attacked by the crazy looking ped. Or they may have been attacked by that ped who was being chased by the police. 

 

That entire Wiki is odd, especially with GTA SA myths. Then again, many of us were kids when we played SA and came up with some wild ass sh*t. 04-07 myth community was something else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never come across him to be honest.

 

I guess it is false, but the game probably glitched on whoever reported it first, and they were indeed attacked. I mean, it could still be true since we are still finding new things in a 16 year old game, but so far the evidence points otherwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LeatherJacketSoldier
On 6/5/2021 at 9:06 PM, BennyGod said:

What is the deal with the Killer Cowboy myth? According to the GTA Myths wiki (https://gta-myths.fandom.com/wiki/Killer_Cowboy) this myth is proven. Of course, the GTA Myths wiki isn't the most accurate source, but is there any truth to this myth? Back in the day, I investigated it myself, trying a bunch of weird experiments to see if he would attack me. I never got him to attack me with a gun, like it claims. Is it completely false?

I already discussed with you about this myth, but since then I couldn't do any progress on investigation due to lack of time. It's not a matter of getting attacked by that pedestrian wherever he spawns, but a matter of him spawning deep in the woods, and armed almost every time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

I already discussed with you about this myth, but since then I couldn't do any progress on investigation due to lack of time. It's not a matter of getting attacked by that pedestrian wherever he spawns, but a matter of him spawning deep in the woods, and armed almost every time.

So, a variation of the Leatherface myth that's been disproven?

Link to post
Share on other sites
LeatherJacketSoldier
3 hours ago, CynicalMexican said:

So, a variation of the Leatherface myth that's been disproven?

More or less, this myth has to do with an existent pedestrian that you can spot in rural areas. GTA Myths says it's proven, but none of us that are discussing here could be able to find him, that's the main reason why BennyGod states the myth is false. In case you didn't know, the myth is about a particular pedestrian that (very rarely) spawns in Back O' Beyond area, and begins shooting you with rare weapons for a pedestrian to have, which include a Desert Eagle (the only instances pedestrians are known for carrying Desert Eagles are some Grove Street Families after spraying all tags, Catalina in Tanker Commander, and Eddie Pulaski in High Noon, if you set his Buffalo on fire and wait until he gets out of the car). And it's said that conditions like Riots cheat and stormy or foggy weather rise the chances of him to appear. I don't remember right now if he could appear anytime or only in the night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

More or less, this myth has to do with an existent pedestrian that you can spot in rural areas. GTA Myths says it's proven, but none of us that are discussing here could be able to find him, that's the main reason why BennyGod states the myth is false. In case you didn't know, the myth is about a particular pedestrian that (very rarely) spawns in Back O' Beyond area, and begins shooting you with rare weapons for a pedestrian to have, which include a Desert Eagle (the only instances pedestrians are known for carrying Desert Eagles are some Grove Street Families after spraying all tags, Catalina in Tanker Commander, and Eddie Pulaski in High Noon, if you set his Buffalo on fire and wait until he gets out of the car). And it's said that conditions like Riots cheat and stormy or foggy weather rise the chances of him to appear. I don't remember right now if he could appear anytime or only in the night.

Is this the infamous PSYCHO ped that has been discussed? 

 

I have a theory - Col. Fuhrberger is implied to be the leader of a right wing militia in Los Santos, and one of Truth's missions has you infiltrating a right wing militia (they use generic country models). 

 

This is a stretch - but what if a right wing militia was going to appear in the game like any other gang and they would appear in rural areas? Perhaps they would play a modest role in the countryside, but were later removed.

 

That would explain the PSYCHO ped being in the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CynicalMexican said:

Is this the infamous PSYCHO ped that has been discussed? 

 

I have a theory - Col. Fuhrberger is implied to be the leader of a right wing militia in Los Santos, and one of Truth's missions has you infiltrating a right wing militia (they use generic country models). 

 

This is a stretch - but what if a right wing militia was going to appear in the game like any other gang and they would appear in rural areas? Perhaps they would play a modest role in the countryside, but were later removed.

 

That would explain the PSYCHO ped being in the game. 

No, the Killer Cowboy uses the ped model with a cowboy hat and flannel shirt, separate from the cut psycho ped that debatably attacked you. Also, in the combine harvester mission, you're infiltrating a group of fascist survivalists.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As good as that site is for documenting the unusual, I take the statuses with a grain of salt. Of course he exists, so his inclusion in the game is proven, but his behaviour isn't and there's more evidence to suggest he's just a unique looking pedestrian than there is to imply he's a killer. By all means follow him around and do your own testing, but I highly doubt he's dangerous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LeatherJacketSoldier
6 hours ago, Rhoda said:

By all means follow him around and do your own testing

It seems some people still doesn't understand what I said:

 

14 hours ago, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

the myth is about a particular pedestrian that (very rarely) spawns in Back O' Beyond area, and begins shooting you with rare weapons for a pedestrian to have, which include a Desert Eagle

 If you take a look at the article BennyGod linked, there says:
"He is also known to carry a Desert Eagle and a Shotgun, but a few screenshots show him with various assault rifles as well.

This pedestrian normally spawns in rural or countryside areas, but the pedestrian involved with this myth can be found near the two bridges that connect Shady Creeks to Back O' Beyond. The pedestrian is known to attack the player unprovoked and with no warning at all. This myth is very strange because it would be unusual to find pedestrians in very isolated areas like Back O' Beyond."

And like I also said:

 

14 hours ago, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

stormy or foggy weather rise the chances of him to appear. I don't remember right now if he could appear anytime or only in the night.

The article tells: "Player reports say that the chance to encounter him increases in stormy-foggy weather late at night."
However, the Riots cheat (STATEOFEMERGENCY) isn't mentioned in the article, only the People Attack You With Guns cheat (BGLUAWML). I must explain, because this cheat discussion started before in another topic, that BGLUAWML's effect is very different from riots, in riots people attack anyone in sight half of the time (including you, but most of the time you won't get attacked), there's smoke everywhere and police vehicles spawn damaged or even in flames (the only difference between riots generated by the cheat and those of the storyline, is that the one generated by cheats produces riots in all of San Andreas, and the storyline one produces riots only in Los Santos); when you input BGLUAWML (supposing riots are not active), pedestrians spawn with weapons like the Colt M1911, the AK-47 or the RPG-7 (not sure if they spawn with grenades too), and start shooting ONLY AT YOU whenever you're in their sight. Additional note about riots, most pedestrians during riots (activated by cheats or by storyline) doesn't spawn with guns (the gunner spawning rate is the same from the rest of the game), so when I say they attack anyone, I mean they punch/stab the hell out of anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LeatherJacketSoldier
5 hours ago, Rhoda said:

I understood completely, I'm just encouraging people to have a good time.

Ah, my bad. I just meant there wouldn't be use in following the pedestrian from a town because the myth says he directly spawns armed in the forest, not that he spawns armed in Angel Pine and walks towards Back O' Beyond.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.