1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

If you could add one area/neighborhood to the map, which would it be and why?

CynicalMexican

3D Universe Liberty City: I think I would've given an extra park to Portland, based on a Queens area.

3D Universe Vice City: Definitely a Mainland neighborhood as that part of the map feels incomplete. Probably a neighborhood based on Wynwood, Alpattah, or Liberty City.

3D San Andreas: I like the map as it is, though a town in Flint County based on Ventura or Santa Barbara would've been cool. Neighborhoods? I'd add Century City to Los Santos, and Hunters Point to San Fierro.

HD Liberty City: Probably another neighborhood in Bohan. Or maybe even a borough based on Staten Island; though it would be smaller than Bohan.

HD Los Santos/Blaine County: This map has so many problems but if I had to add one area, it would be Long Beach. It was in SA as East Beach, I'm kind of shocked that it was just excluded completely in V

FortifiedGooner86

Vice City - The map is relatively small so I would probably expand on areas like Downtown, Little Haiti and VicePort to even things out a little bit more. 

Los Santos (GTA V) - A lot of areas in GTA V are crying out for expansions but to narrow it down to one, I'd expand on the Ghetto area by adding another neighbourhood similar to Grove Street.

• Like 1
Yannerrins

3D era Liberty City: I'd probably add a a area based on Long Island. Probably with Carraways (Hamptons) as a little village in it. 

3D era Vice City: Beach was too big, compared to LC and SA ones. Probably add a another row of buildings line to make beach shorter.

HD era Liberty City: Probably expand a Bohan, add a Yankee Stadium parody + maybe some parks and housing projects.

HD era Los Santos: I'd add a Santa Catalina Island, with golf carts traffic and ferry coming out from LS port. 

• Like 1
billiejoearmstrong8

HD LC: The Carraways (based on The Hamptons and cut from the game early on) and maybe a small bit of countryside between the city and there. That or Staten Island.

HD LS: Expand the hood area and add more suburbs - the Wilshire/Westlake areas are absent (apart from Little Seoul), some of that along with MacArthur Park would balance the city better imo.

• Like 2
almightyvasi

IV - Definetly expand Alderney. There's something comforting about having NJ in the game, yet it feels so small and effortless it's annoying, map limitaions perhaps

V - As much as like LS in HD era it feels way to small it gives me a minor headache for some reason lol , add more ghetto neighborhoods and Long Beach. 

At least there are map mods that give the game some sort of diversity

• Like 2
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, almightyvasi said:

IV - Definetly expand Alderney. There's something comforting about having NJ in the game, yet it feels so small and effortless it's annoying, map limitaions perhaps

V - As much as like LS in HD era it feels way to small it gives me a minor headache for some reason lol , add more ghetto neighborhoods and Long Beach. 

At least there are map mods that give the game some sort of diversity

I think La Puerta is partly based on Long Beach (and San Pedro). But yeah it's like with Wilshire where only a small part is included (in that case Koreatown/Little Seoul). Seems like the only properly large areas are tourist areas/landmarks or industrial. Very lacking in residential neighbourhoods.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

For GTA IV, I'd add Staunton Island (Staten Island) plus The Carroways (Hamptons, Long Island) and Upstate Liberty (Upstate New York) and greatly expand Alderney.

• Like 2

I would attempt to split up Los Santos in the HD Universe a bit more from Blaine County. As it stands the map feels smaller than it is, so I’d cut off some of the freeways and add a huge forest section (a la the Panopticon region in San Andreas). Make it a bit more desolate and open in that regard without letting players cut corners and go from town to town so easily. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Crowhazard said:

I would attempt to split up Los Santos in the HD Universe a bit more from Blaine County. As it stands the map feels smaller than it is, so I’d cut off some of the freeways and add a huge forest section (a la the Panopticon region in San Andreas). Make it a bit more desolate and open in that regard without letting players cut corners and go from town to town so easily. 

Judging from the first trailer, I think the environment was going to be much more forested and have more vegetation. 

Must have throttled the hell out of the hardware. RDR2 was much better in this regard so I'm optimistic for GTA 6.