Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

R* Tech Presentations (GDC, SIGGRAPH, etc.)


Recommended Posts

There were going to be a bunch more presentations at GDC 2020 until COVID screwed it, however, at least one of them is coming back at this year's GDC AI Summit - it will take a while for it to be published, I'm assuming, though.

 

https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/ai-summit-making-the-believable-horses-of-red-dead-redemption-ii/878953

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, GRANDHEIST said:

GDC 2014: The Sound Of Grand Theft Auto V:

SIGGRAPH 2019: Red Dead Redemption 2 Sky Rendering PowerPoint (Clouds/Fog /volumetric Effects etc.) :

I recently found a video version of this presentation with extra tad bits such as raymarching bits. Skip the video around 1:58:00

 

Advances in real-time rendering in games, part 2 | ACM SIGGRAPH 2019 Courses

 

@Spider-Vice Hey, this will probably interest you! It's a great watch ☝️

Edited by VideoTech_
Link to post
Share on other sites
rollschuh2282
On 6/4/2021 at 9:06 PM, VideoTech_ said:

I recently found a video version of this presentation with extra tad bits such as raymarching bits. Skip the video around 1:58:00

 

Advances in real-time rendering in games, part 2 | ACM SIGGRAPH 2019 Courses

 

@Spider-Vice Hey, this will probably interest you! It's a great watch ☝️

oh nice.

funny how he talks about how they made it so the water stuff is rendered at 512x256.

it´s a setting that they set in the preset, which means that value could be increased however someone would want.

sadly that setting doesn´t exist on PC.
so we don´t know what res they are using and if the res changes depending on the water setting

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rollschuh2282 said:

oh nice.

funny how he talks about how they made it so the water stuff is rendered at 512x256.

it´s a setting that they set in the preset, which means that value could be increased however someone would want.

sadly that setting doesn´t exist on PC.
so we don´t know what res they are using and if the res changes depending on the water setting

I believe Razed released a first version of VisualRedemption which enhances the water reflections. It’s so much better than the dull blurry vanilla reflections 

Link to post
Share on other sites
rollschuh2282
1 minute ago, VideoTech_ said:

I believe Razed released a first version of VisualRedemption which enhances the water reflections. It’s so much better than the dull blurry vanilla reflections 

yeah, these are the lines for the consoles.

Quote

<waterReflectionResX value="512"/>
<waterReflectionResY value="256"/>

but PC doesn´t have them in the settings.xml.
So not sure if those values even have code on PC left

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.