4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 5 Features You Want Removed In GTA 6

CynicalMexican

18 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

I don't want single player to be like the madness nonsense online experience.

and by that, I don't mean you can not do these things, but that it just have to be real consequences, not just walk in a mall with a rocktlaucher with no panic.

GTA V has the strictest police system in GTA with the harshest consequences and it sucks. People calling the cops on you because you scared them by standing too near them stinks, so would the same happening for having a weapon out. Being able to go on rampages or mess around is a cornerstone of GTA, it has nothing to do with Online.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

I agree the one weapon per slot mechanic should come back. I get that GTA is and always was an arcadey game but 'fun' doesn't mean the the game should be straight up silly and unchallenging.

If you want to use the 'fun' weapons then you should commit to them like we always did.

• Like 4

I'm not really seeing the problem with having easy access to all weapons? It worked great in RDR and I'm glad they brought it to GTA, the weapon wheel is a genius idea and it's just more convenient. The problem in V is they included too many weapons and that many of them are redundant because they're too similar to each other, not that you have easier access to them.

Like, does anyone think it's bad that you can access all your weapons from a wheel in RDR1? I'd wager not, because in that game each weapon brings something unique and earns its place in the selection, and there's no excess pointless ones taking up space (the Schofield Revolver and Double Action Revolver are rather similar so one of them could've gone, but that's about it). If V's weapon selection had been like that I doubt the way you access them would've been complained about much.

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Being able to go on rampages or mess around

You still will be able to go on rampages or mess around. Nothing about this subject says you are not allowed to do it.

4 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

You still will be able to go on rampages or mess around. Nothing about this subject says you are not allowed to do it.

I'm just not seeing the benefit to not having access to all weapons. Not having an excessive amount of weapons included in the game, and making sure each weapon that makes the cut is unique and worth being there I get. But it's just more convenient not to have to go somewhere to switch them. If I had to do that in GTA V I'd just use even less of them than I currently do. Not sure what you mean with the online comparison.

3 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

GTA V has the strictest police system in GTA with the harshest consequences and it sucks. People calling the cops on you because you scared them by standing too near them stinks, so would the same happening for having a weapon out. Being able to go on rampages or mess around is a cornerstone of GTA, it has nothing to do with Online.

I suspect the developers may have intentionally left it this way in order to "justify" violence against peds. Like, yeah, the peds are sh*tty and all hate you, so take it out on them. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I'm not really seeing the problem with having easy access to all weapons? It worked great in RDR and I'm glad they brought it to GTA, the weapon wheel is a genius idea and it's just more convenient. The problem in V is they included too many weapons and that many of them are redundant because they're too similar to each other, not that you have easier access to them.

Like, does anyone think it's bad that you can access all your weapons from a wheel in RDR1? I'd wager not, because in that game each weapon brings something unique and earns its place in the selection, and there's no excess pointless ones taking up space (the Schofield Revolver and Double Action Revolver are rather similar so one of them could've gone, but that's about it). If V's weapon selection had been like that I doubt the way you access them would've been complained about much.

I disagree. I personally much preferred RDR2's method of only being able to carry a limited amount of weapons and hope it will be the same in GTA VI. I just think it encourages strategy when going into specific missions and situations. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I'm just not seeing the benefit to not having access to all weapons. Not having an excessive amount of weapons included in the game, and making sure each weapon that makes the cut is unique and worth being there I get. But it's just more convenient not to have to go somewhere to switch them. If I had to do that in GTA V I'd just use even less of them than I currently do. Not sure what you mean with the online comparison.

It's like you pointed out, in GTAV/GTAO the stats are literally copy/paste for most of the "new" weapons that it gets to the point of blurring together and feeling less unique. Previous GTA games each weapon had at least different enough stats to make choosing the best for specific missions an option but also made you remember specific names because they became that unique, I can probably tell you what most weapons in VC/SA/LCS/VCS were but for GTAV I pretty much can't recall anything outside of weapon type.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Orbea Occam said:

I disagree. I personally much preferred RDR2's method of only being able to carry a limited amount of weapons and hope it will be the same in GTA VI. I just think it encourages strategy when going into specific missions and situations. 

That makes sense. For RDR2 I can agree because the game is so much about realism and immersion and has a slower pace. GTA though? Ehh, seems more like a pain. I think I'd just prefer that they were more discerning about the selection of weapons they include in the game so there aren't excess pointless ones. Can still roleplay the strategy thing by choosing which ones you use and how much you switch in a mission even with all of them available.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

That makes sense. For RDR2 I can agree because the game is so much about realism and immersion and has a slower pace. GTA though? Ehh, seems more like a pain. I think I'd just prefer that they were more discerning about the selection of weapons they include in the game so there aren't excess pointless ones. Can still roleplay the strategy thing by choosing which ones you use and how much you switch in a mission even with all of them available.

Yeah true I guess, but I'm one of those pro realism guys so thats the direction I'd prefer GTA to go in - but still, I get your point. I do think they could still do it in a way that compromises the two - lets say they treat personal vehicles like how they done horses where they act as a moving inventory that you could access all your weapons from, so you'd still have the option to use whatever weapon you wanted providing your personal vehicle is close by. 

4 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

For me it wasn't the amount of weapons but the way they were presented.

I am guessing that SA and 5 has the same number of weapons, yet, in SA you could just scroll through them, and once ammo is gone the weapon disappears.

In GTA 5 empty/not usable weapons clutter up the wheel, and it was a absolutely idiotic method of weapon selection: scroll the wheel, then press numbers one by one until you find the section that you want (could never understand which number corresponds to which section), then you keep pressing that number until you pick the right weapon. It's not a programming simulator, I just want to select a weapon that has bullets!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Lioshenka said:

For me it wasn't the amount of weapons but the way they were presented.

I am guessing that SA and 5 has the same number of weapons, yet, in SA you could just scroll through them, and once ammo is gone the weapon disappears.

In GTA 5 empty/not usable weapons clutter up the wheel, and it was a absolutely idiotic method of weapon selection: scroll the wheel, then press numbers one by one until you find the section that you want (could never understand which number corresponds to which section), then you keep pressing that number until you pick the right weapon. It's not a programming simulator, I just want to select a weapon that has bullets!

Idk, I think with the wheel it's still quicker or at least as quick to select the weapon you want as scrolling through a full set of one of each type of weapon in other games, unless there's REALLY a lot of weapons in the slot. Older GTAs have 9 things to scroll through (pistol, machine gun, smg, shotgun, sniper, RPG, throwable, fist, melee). Wheel - slot - scroll to the one you want in the slot takes pretty much the same amount of time or less, plus time is slowed and there's less danger of scrolling to the wrong thing. Weapons still being there with no bullets is annoying but overall I find it more convenient, even with V's excessive number of different weapons.