1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 5 Features You Want Removed In GTA 6

CynicalMexican

billiejoearmstrong8
18 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

I don't want single player to be like the madness nonsense online experience.

and by that, I don't mean you can not do these things, but that it just have to be real consequences, not just walk in a mall with a rocktlaucher with no panic.

GTA V has the strictest police system in GTA with the harshest consequences and it sucks. People calling the cops on you because you scared them by standing too near them stinks, so would the same happening for having a weapon out. Being able to go on rampages or mess around is a cornerstone of GTA, it has nothing to do with Online.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 7

I agree the one weapon per slot mechanic should come back. I get that GTA is and always was an arcadey game but 'fun' doesn't mean the the game should be straight up silly and unchallenging.

If you want to use the 'fun' weapons then you should commit to them like we always did.

billiejoearmstrong8

I'm not really seeing the problem with having easy access to all weapons? It worked great in RDR and I'm glad they brought it to GTA, the weapon wheel is a genius idea and it's just more convenient. The problem in V is they included too many weapons and that many of them are redundant because they're too similar to each other, not that you have easier access to them.

Like, does anyone think it's bad that you can access all your weapons from a wheel in RDR1? I'd wager not, because in that game each weapon brings something unique and earns its place in the selection, and there's no excess pointless ones taking up space (the Schofield Revolver and Double Action Revolver are rather similar so one of them could've gone, but that's about it). If V's weapon selection had been like that I doubt the way you access them would've been complained about much.

• Like 4
Thomas Cavendish
46 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Being able to go on rampages or mess around

You still will be able to go on rampages or mess around. Nothing about this subject says you are not allowed to do it.

billiejoearmstrong8
4 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

You still will be able to go on rampages or mess around. Nothing about this subject says you are not allowed to do it.

I'm just not seeing the benefit to not having access to all weapons. Not having an excessive amount of weapons included in the game, and making sure each weapon that makes the cut is unique and worth being there I get. But it's just more convenient not to have to go somewhere to switch them. If I had to do that in GTA V I'd just use even less of them than I currently do. Not sure what you mean with the online comparison.

CynicalMexican
3 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

GTA V has the strictest police system in GTA with the harshest consequences and it sucks. People calling the cops on you because you scared them by standing too near them stinks, so would the same happening for having a weapon out. Being able to go on rampages or mess around is a cornerstone of GTA, it has nothing to do with Online.

I suspect the developers may have intentionally left it this way in order to "justify" violence against peds. Like, yeah, the peds are sh*tty and all hate you, so take it out on them. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I'm not really seeing the problem with having easy access to all weapons? It worked great in RDR and I'm glad they brought it to GTA, the weapon wheel is a genius idea and it's just more convenient. The problem in V is they included too many weapons and that many of them are redundant because they're too similar to each other, not that you have easier access to them.

Like, does anyone think it's bad that you can access all your weapons from a wheel in RDR1? I'd wager not, because in that game each weapon brings something unique and earns its place in the selection, and there's no excess pointless ones taking up space (the Schofield Revolver and Double Action Revolver are rather similar so one of them could've gone, but that's about it). If V's weapon selection had been like that I doubt the way you access them would've been complained about much.

I disagree. I personally much preferred RDR2's method of only being able to carry a limited amount of weapons and hope it will be the same in GTA VI. I just think it encourages strategy when going into specific missions and situations. 

9 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I'm just not seeing the benefit to not having access to all weapons. Not having an excessive amount of weapons included in the game, and making sure each weapon that makes the cut is unique and worth being there I get. But it's just more convenient not to have to go somewhere to switch them. If I had to do that in GTA V I'd just use even less of them than I currently do. Not sure what you mean with the online comparison.

It's like you pointed out, in GTAV/GTAO the stats are literally copy/paste for most of the "new" weapons that it gets to the point of blurring together and feeling less unique. Previous GTA games each weapon had at least different enough stats to make choosing the best for specific missions an option but also made you remember specific names because they became that unique, I can probably tell you what most weapons in VC/SA/LCS/VCS were but for GTAV I pretty much can't recall anything outside of weapon type.

billiejoearmstrong8
6 hours ago, Orbea Occam said:

I disagree. I personally much preferred RDR2's method of only being able to carry a limited amount of weapons and hope it will be the same in GTA VI. I just think it encourages strategy when going into specific missions and situations. 

That makes sense. For RDR2 I can agree because the game is so much about realism and immersion and has a slower pace. GTA though? Ehh, seems more like a pain. I think I'd just prefer that they were more discerning about the selection of weapons they include in the game so there aren't excess pointless ones. Can still roleplay the strategy thing by choosing which ones you use and how much you switch in a mission even with all of them available.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

That makes sense. For RDR2 I can agree because the game is so much about realism and immersion and has a slower pace. GTA though? Ehh, seems more like a pain. I think I'd just prefer that they were more discerning about the selection of weapons they include in the game so there aren't excess pointless ones. Can still roleplay the strategy thing by choosing which ones you use and how much you switch in a mission even with all of them available.

Yeah true I guess, but I'm one of those pro realism guys so thats the direction I'd prefer GTA to go in - but still, I get your point. I do think they could still do it in a way that compromises the two - lets say they treat personal vehicles like how they done horses where they act as a moving inventory that you could access all your weapons from, so you'd still have the option to use whatever weapon you wanted providing your personal vehicle is close by. 

4 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

For me it wasn't the amount of weapons but the way they were presented.

I am guessing that SA and 5 has the same number of weapons, yet, in SA you could just scroll through them, and once ammo is gone the weapon disappears.

In GTA 5 empty/not usable weapons clutter up the wheel, and it was a absolutely idiotic method of weapon selection: scroll the wheel, then press numbers one by one until you find the section that you want (could never understand which number corresponds to which section), then you keep pressing that number until you pick the right weapon. It's not a programming simulator, I just want to select a weapon that has bullets!

• Like 2
billiejoearmstrong8
5 hours ago, Lioshenka said:

For me it wasn't the amount of weapons but the way they were presented.

I am guessing that SA and 5 has the same number of weapons, yet, in SA you could just scroll through them, and once ammo is gone the weapon disappears.

In GTA 5 empty/not usable weapons clutter up the wheel, and it was a absolutely idiotic method of weapon selection: scroll the wheel, then press numbers one by one until you find the section that you want (could never understand which number corresponds to which section), then you keep pressing that number until you pick the right weapon. It's not a programming simulator, I just want to select a weapon that has bullets!

Idk, I think with the wheel it's still quicker or at least as quick to select the weapon you want as scrolling through a full set of one of each type of weapon in other games, unless there's REALLY a lot of weapons in the slot. Older GTAs have 9 things to scroll through (pistol, machine gun, smg, shotgun, sniper, RPG, throwable, fist, melee). Wheel - slot - scroll to the one you want in the slot takes pretty much the same amount of time or less, plus time is slowed and there's less danger of scrolling to the wrong thing. Weapons still being there with no bullets is annoying but overall I find it more convenient, even with V's excessive number of different weapons.

theweekforme

things i personally want to be removed:

- hunting: because i dont find it to be necessary and it didnt gain a lot of hype. Barely anybody plays hunting.

- yoga: There was a mission where you had to play yoga as michael and i didn't like the controls in yoga which annoyed me that i had to repeat this all over again.

- stunt jumps: I know a lot of people like doing stunt jumps. But personally i didnt love doing the stunt jumps because i kept on failing and i didn't know where to land. You also needed a specific type of vehicle in able to complete the stunt.

i don't have any problem with other stuff.

• Like 1
NightmanCometh96
  • (Fatal) Windshield ejection. I didn't mind it in IV, since it doesn't always kill the player and (more importantly) it lets the game's ragdoll physics shine. But in V? For some reason, R* made this aspect of driving more realistic by making ejection fatal more often than not (an ironic design choice, given that a lot of V's mechanics were meant to address the realism complaints that IV got). I try to avoid driving fast in V because of it.
  • Instant vehicle destruction if you don't land 100% perfectly from great heights. Another reason that I don't like to go too fast in V, it just makes the experience too irritating to be worth it. Interestingly, both of these aspects of driving are not present in Online IIRC. They only affect SP (unless you disable them via mods or a trainer). I don't have high expectations for E&E in terms of single player, but I hope these features are nixed (or in the former's case, reverted to IV's ejection mechanics).
  • Having to go into an "agitated" state to exit a vehicle with the engine running. I legitimately don't understand why this is a thing. The only possibility I can think of is that it was done to make police chases more "difficult", but even that's a stretch. IV's mechanic of tapping Triangle/Y/F to leave the engine running and holding the button to turn it off was perfectly fine. Why fix something that wasn't broke in the first place?
  • (Over-reliance on) The stock market. I actually like the idea of manipulating the stock market to your advantage, but I'm not a fan of making it the only quick way to earn a lot of money in V (especially after completing the story).
  • Missions that, while varied in set-pieces, punish you for even trying to think outside of the box. RDR2 also had this issue, but the Cayo Perico Heist seems to give you more freedom compared to a lot of V/Online/RDR2 missions (at least from what I've heard about it), so I'm cautiously optimistic that VI will be less restrictive in mission design.
  • Cutscenes counting as part of your mission time when earning medals (I'll admit that this is more of a nitpick, since the medals are meant to encourage replay value, but I'd still like to experience the story while completing a mission's optional objectives).
    • I also hope the medal system itself is reverted to V's mechanics (minus the aforementioned cutscene time "feature") after the downgrades it underwent in RDR2. Unlike V, you have to complete every objective in one go and, in mission replays, you're forced to use the stats and weapon load-out that R* provides for you. I just never bothered with getting gold medals in RDR2 because of these nerfs.
  • Multiple characters. Unless the mission count is high enough to give everyone proper development and/or streamlining it to just two protagonists.
    • Having a character wear a completely different outfit than the one you last wore upon switching back to them after a long time. Being able to save custom outfits like in GTAO and RDR2 would have made this less of an issue.
  • Having preset personal cars. I don't mind the feature itself, but I wish you had the option to make any vehicle a personal one.
  • Having short heist prep errands count towards the total number of missions in the story, like buying masks/boiler suits or stealing 3 muscle cars.
  • Standing next to pedestrians initiating a wanted level.
  • Having a 1 star wanted level increase to 2 stars for seemingly no reason.
  • A wanted system that is only 5 stars
  • Animals being able to "report" crimes via a "phone". (I don't remember whether or not this mechanic was patched out at some point).
  • Going into a stealth stance instead of being able to crouch. I imagine this will be scrapped in VI, since RDR2 already brought back crouching.
  • (More of a RDR2 issue rather than a V one) Automatically unequipping weapons against your will. Also, automatically changing your current weapons depending on the mission you're playing. 
  • V's nerfed ragdoll physics
  • Being able to kill most peds with one punch/shot.
Edited by NightmanCometh96
  • Like 3

Shooting someone in the middle of the desert with nobody around should attract no police attention. This wrecks my head in GTA V. 

I hope GTA VI will have zones where you can literally get away with murder, particularly if it's 4AM in some back-alley and nobody is a around or even if somebody does see you they're too afraid to do anything about it. 

Also, I don't want things like mansions and houses just awarded to me like Franklin gets his house in hills. Michael is already rich and Trevor doesn't care. Why should I care?  I would hope we start off like a lowlife criminal and work our way up. Make acquiring the mansion a huge sense of achievement (not grindy like GTAO). Like getting the mansion in Vice City was so much fun. Or buying houses in San Andreas felt great. 

• Like 3
The Tracker
On 6/10/2021 at 5:05 PM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

RDR1 system personally bothered me as well, to the point that when I was on foot, I literally used only two weapons, a small weapon, and a largue one, and I pretended the rest was stored in my horse. Guess R* read my mind for RDR2.

Edited by The Tracker

Here is my list of things that shouldn't return in GTA VI:

- Hollywood-ish story. IMO, but GTA should have a more serious and grounded feeling. Without bank-robbing in juggernaut suits, super agent intrigues, shooting down the planes, Michael Bay-ish explosions, etc.
 - Three protagonists. I think three protagonists it's too much for game like GTA. Two different characters - maximum, not more (in that case R* even could make a co-op storyline mode).
 - Regeneration. I think food/medic bags system would be better in that case.
 - Unlimited weapon list. This was been said before, but i repeat it. I think it's better to choose one type of weapon for each slot, like in older games. But i wouldn't mind if R* add something like armory in safehouses, where you can pick up a weapon that you need.
 - Weak NPCs. Seriously, you barely hit the NPC car and the dude who drive it pass away. Same for fighting (even without weapons!) and just pushing some NPCs. 
 - Vehicle physics. It's ridiculous how weak NPC's but how strong their vehicles. You collide with another car and the maximum you get - it's a few scratches. Also, you somehow can control your car on air or while on the roof. Isn't more suitable for game named Grand Theft Auto to leave the flipped car and just take another one on streets?
 - Vehicles made of explodium. If you don't land properly or just keep shooting the vehicle with machine gun - it explode.
 - Cops everywhere. For example - you get a 2 stars in LS, then you go to the Lago Zancudo area, and cops keep spawning and searching for you. IMO, but police should search you in near area of committed crime, not in another side of the map.

On 6/10/2021 at 3:38 AM, BabaFamilias said:

But I don't want "to think strategic" in ANY GTA game, in fact I don't want to "think at all". I just want mindless fun in an open sandbox world without paying attention to anything. I wan't to cause mayhem and chaos on my personal playground while listening to music/podcasts. 

Then just why don't play Saints Row The Third? You even can use a drone strike on your opponents here.

Edited by Yannerrins
  • Like 5
billiejoearmstrong8
2 hours ago, The Tracker said:

RDR1 system personally bothered me as well, to the point that when I was on foot, I literally used only two weapons, a small weapon, and a largue one, and I pretended the rest was stored in my horse. Guess R* read my mind for RDR2.

Fair enough! Still even so I prefer selecting from a wheel to scrolling. It's a useful innovation imo

2 hours ago, Yannerrins said:

- Cops everywhere. For example - you get a 2 stars in LS, then you go to the Lago Zancudo area, and cops keep spawning and searching for you. IMO, but police should search you in near area of committed crime, not in another side of the map.

I think they should bring back the wanted circle from IV. It doesn't mean there's no cops outside it but it means you have a goal of where to get to in order to lose your wanted level and feels a bit more realistic that you have to escape the area.

And they definitely need to bring back patrolling cops. With that it meant there was an element of randomness, some variation of how many crimes you'd get away with without gaining or increasing a wanted level depending on whether cops were around to see/hear you or not. Removing patrolling cops and instead just having it programed so a wanted level is gained/increased and cops appear after an exact certain amount of crime is committed removes all randomness and variation, so you already know exactly what will happen whatever you do and it's the same every time. Sucks the fun out of it. 

The ONLY thing I like about V's police system is it is possible to lose a wanted level by hiding well even when in a wanted area. It's unfortunate that the reason for that is because the wanted area is the whole map, and that cops don't really search for you (in IV they search and can actually fail to find you and go away leading to some awesome tense moments, but in V they're just pretending to seach and make a beeline for you and will only stop if you lose the wanted level), but its cool that hiding can work as a way to lose them even when near the area of the crime. Otherwise it's horrible, terribly predictable cop behaviour, stupid too accurate aimbot, way too easy to gain or increase a wanted level, takes way too long and is way too tedious to lose it, you can get a wanted level for literally doing nothing just standing or walking in the street, lack of patrolling cops makes everything even more predictable, cops can't arrest NPCs. Basically I'd like IV's system back, with the addition of being able to lose the cops when inside the wanted circle if you hide really well for a long time.

• Like 3
The Tracker
1 minute ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I think they should bring back the wanted circle from IV. It doesn't mean there's no cops outside it but it means you have a goal of where to get to in order to lose your wanted level and feels a bit more realistic that you have to escape the area.

It can take inspiration from RDR2, where you have a wanted circle/area, but can manage to lose them inside it hiding somewhere.

• Like 2
BabaFamilias
3 hours ago, Yannerrins said:

Then just why don't play Saints Row The Third? You even can use a drone strike on your opponents here.

I did. Both, Saints Row 2 and Saints Row The Third, were very good games. 

Serious questions: How do you play GTA "strategic" ? What gameplay aspect in GTA is thought-provoking to you? 

Some people here, after playing one hour of GTA:

u0qchmh68no41.jpg

horsewithnoname

GTA isn't a strategy game, but I don't wanna be carrying a dozen weapons in each category with 99999 ammo either. These games are supposed to be accessible, yeah, but they still aren't meant to be totally brainless. Even Saints Row games had more sensible weapon carrying limits than V.

Also that loud "wasted"/"busted"/"mission failed" screen sound effect from V should go away.

• Like 3
BabaFamilias
36 minutes ago, horsewithnoname said:

GTA isn't a strategy game, but I don't wanna be carrying a dozen weapons in each category with 99999 ammo either. These games are supposed to be accessible, yeah, but they still aren't meant to be totally brainless. Even Saints Row games had more sensible weapon carrying limits than V.

In GTA Online you can store your guns in a gun locker to save up space. They could bring that to the single player, so both sides will be happy. But, I strongly dislike the idea of limiting carry space, for example to being only able to carry only 2-3 weapons and having the rest stored in a car trunk or gun bag. 

39 minutes ago, horsewithnoname said:

Also that loud "wasted"/"busted"/"mission failed" screen sound effect from V should go away.

Why? That's one of the things that made GTA V iconic like the "mission passed" in other GTAs and is pure meme material.

horsewithnoname
31 minutes ago, BabaFamilias said:

Why? That's one of the things that made GTA V iconic like the "mission passed" in other GTAs and is pure meme material.

I just don't like that "WOOOSH" sound. I would also prefer if there were music themes after passing missions like in games before V.

• Like 3
billiejoearmstrong8

Maybe instead of doing away with carrying all weapons it should be that you don't get access to so many weapons/so much ammo as easily or early in the story? I can remember in some earlier games really struggling to afford weapons/ammo and having to save up or wait for it, and looking forward to the higher power weapons being unlocked. It would only be after completing most of the game and a lot of side stuff that you'd be able to have all the weapons with full ammo. 

In V it seems like you just get handed everything you need as you go, either free weapons or the very high heist payouts that mean you never even have to think about money or save up for anything. I think I'd like a bit more of a struggle to afford/get access to weapons while completing the story, with having everything something to look forward to once you've completed/nearly completed it. Nothing wrong with having easy access to everything after completing the game for the purpose of messing around imo, you've "earned" it by that point. 

BabaFamilias
7 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Maybe instead of doing away with carrying all weapons it should be that you don't get access to so many weapons/so much ammo as easily or early in the story? I can remember in some earlier games really struggling to afford weapons/ammo and having to save up or wait for it, and looking forward to the higher power weapons being unlocked. It would only be after completing most of the game and a lot of side stuff that you'd be able to have all the weapons with full ammo. 

What games are you referring to? In III and VC you never have to visit Ammu-Nation ever. Everything is either hovering above the ground in plain sight, waiting for you to pick them up (like the armor near the Malibu) or you can just find all the hidden packages (it takes up to 30-60 minutes) and get unlimited access to everything. In SA they tried to balance it out a little bit, but you could still easily find armor pick ups and make insane amounts of cash just by doing the firefighter missions. GTA IV was a massive let down, when it came to weapon variety. Half of them are also redundant as you can easily one shot everyone just by using pistols (yeah I tried that, it works). Same can be said with GTA V, but here you at least have "fun weapons" like the stun gun, minigun, tear gas etc. In GTA IV you only have 2 weapons in each category: a weaker type(Glock, Uzi, AK) and a slightly stronger type (Desert Eagle, MP 10, M4). So what's the difference, except slightly higher fire power or fire rate? Nothing, as your enemies are unarmored humans who all die just by a single headshot. GTA isn't a survival shooter like Resident Evil, where you are constantly struggling for ammo and pondering which weapon to use next. Having a limited access to ammo may sound good on paper, but I don't think it would work that well as some of you imagine. 

Edit: Oh I forgot something: No weapons or low on ammo? No problem, search for a cop or a thug => boom: your first gun. "Hey, but the Glock is not a MG 60 or M4!" => Doesn't matter, as you can headshot enemies till they get stronger and equip better guns => boom: better guns. 

Edited by BabaFamilias
billiejoearmstrong8
7 hours ago, BabaFamilias said:

What games are you referring to? In III and VC you never have to visit Ammu-Nation ever. Everything is either hovering above the ground in plain sight, waiting for you to pick them up (like the armor near the Malibu) or you can just find all the hidden packages (it takes up to 30-60 minutes) and get unlimited access to everything. In SA they tried to balance it out a little bit, but you could still easily find armor pick ups and make insane amounts of cash just by doing the firefighter missions. GTA IV was a massive let down, when it came to weapon variety. Half of them are also redundant as you can easily one shot everyone just by using pistols (yeah I tried that, it works). Same can be said with GTA V, but here you at least have "fun weapons" like the stun gun, minigun, tear gas etc. In GTA IV you only have 2 weapons in each category: a weaker type(Glock, Uzi, AK) and a slightly stronger type (Desert Eagle, MP 10, M4). So what's the difference, except slightly higher fire power or fire rate? Nothing, as your enemies are unarmored humans who all die just by a single headshot. GTA isn't a survival shooter like Resident Evil, where you are constantly struggling for ammo and pondering which weapon to use next. Having a limited access to ammo may sound good on paper, but I don't think it would work that well as some of you imagine. 

Edit: Oh I forgot something: No weapons or low on ammo? No problem, search for a cop or a thug => boom: your first gun. "Hey, but the Glock is not a MG 60 or M4!" => Doesn't matter, as you can headshot enemies till they get stronger and equip better guns => boom: better guns. 

Playing through naturally/without following guides and maps you're unlikely to have all the hidden packages early on or know where a lot of weapon pick ups are. I can remember being really strapped for cash in VC and having to save up or not buy weapons or ammo that I wanted because I also had to save to buy businesses to unlock more missions. Once you're familiar with where stuff is it's another story but in a natural first playthrough you have to budget. Similar in SA if you don't know where all the tags etc are to get free weapons. And in IV I find I have to budget a lot in the first half of the game even knowing everything, since it's tough to make money, there's no way to get free weapons at your safehouse and weapons and ammo are very expensive in that game. Living in Bohan choosing between buying more ammo or taking a taxi to another borough and stuff. In V this stuff never happens even on your first playthrough. You never have to think about money or budgeting to play through the story. 

I'm not even against being able to end up with every weapon and max ammo. I just think it's better when there's some effort/waiting involved earlier in the story so you feel like you earned it instead of just being handed it.

And I've got no problem with having a wider variety of weapons but as I've said before I think they should bring something unique to the table to deserve being included (some of V's do but there's also many pointless ones that are too similar), and it's more important that the combat system is well designed so that using them is actually fun. Stun gun for example sounds cool on paper, but it's actually not a "stun gun" as it automatically kills with one shot 100% of the time, rendering it pointless from terrible design. Melee weapons are garbage to use in V along with hand to hand combat. Explosive physics are hugely downgraded so you can't even get knocked back or left with your ears ringing by one, just death or nothing. And guns aren't nice and loud and satisfying like they are in IV, and again things are downgraded (can't shoot guns out of people's hands, NPC reactions are less complex and they die too easily, enemies have ridicuous aimbot so you're always stuck far away in cover). I'm not against having loads of weapons and ammo, I just want earning and using them to be fun and satisfying. 

The Tracker
7 hours ago, BabaFamilias said:

GTA IV was a massive let down, when it came to weapon variety. Half of them are also redundant as you can easily one shot everyone just by using pistols (yeah I tried that, it works).

Same can be said about every game with fire arms and realistic human damage system (As opposed to games like Resident Evil, like you said), you can shot everyone by just using a pistol and aiming to the head, why just pick on GTA IV when this applies to the whole franchise?, there are things that matters more in a weapon, such as the Range, Fire-Rate, Accuracy, Recoil, Ammo Cappacity, Impact, etc. Things that GTA IV varied more in its fewer gun selection than every other game in the franchise.