4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 5 Features You Want Removed In GTA 6

CynicalMexican

DownInThePMs

I feel like the internet in GTA V was just an excuse for Rockstar to not include any in-map services and interiors that the players can use during free roam.

they should remove that entirely

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 1:53 PM, Cyper said:

The game does not force you to do side activities such as yoga, golf, visiting strip clubs, or racing.

It does though, doesn't it?

If they were optional then it would be a completely different story.

I'd love to see things re-moved:

- Mobile phone as an integral part of the game process

- Auto health re-generation

- Pedestrians reporting you to police for existing

- Wind resistance when flying

- Cars exploding when landing

- Weapons wheel

- GUI - rectangular map and the health indicators.

- Open map from the start

- Pre-set protagonist homes and vehicles

- Garages that are away from the house

- Dynamic advertising during the loading of the game

- Other drivers dying from a slight bump

The ocean floor, empty countryside and the stock markets don't bother me, though they are useless, and would be more efficient to allocate the resources on developing something else.

Edited by Lioshenka
  • Like 2
On 6/5/2021 at 3:04 PM, The Tracker said:

most RPG's let you carry basically everything you find

All of them has carry weight limitations so that's another gameplay system for them.

On 6/6/2021 at 7:30 PM, Patrizio said:

Continue with traditional formulae from 3D era + IV.

• Limited weapon selection
  • Map not open from the start (the "Welcome To Staunton Island" feeling must always be there).
  • Two main protagonists MAX
  • Progressive features (for example fine tune IV's driving physics, don't remove them).
  • The police to be a threat but not a constant challenge.

I agree with everything you've said! That feeling when we unlock a new part of the map, it's great. It's why in RDR2 I didn't freeroam into areas where the gang never went up until that point in story, and trust me, when I 'unlocked' Saint Denis for the first time, watching Arthur and Dutch get there and call it an 8th wonder of the modern world was great, I felt like how Arthur & Dutch must have felt. 

Also, on topic : I want circular radars to be back, it just looks cleaner than square one, after all RDR2 had circular Radar so I'm sure they'll keep it.

• Like 5
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Patrizio said:

I feel IV and RDR did this better than RDR2. I really hope they develop this in VI. V's "insta-knockout" should not return.

You're right, it's one of the 'downgrades' in RDR2, and RDR2 doesn't have many flaws but it's this one. I've noticed in RDR if you even shoot someone's legs, they'll get up and try to run with their wounded leg whereas IN RDR2 they either run normally or just die, like in GTA V. But still RDR2 was better GTA V in that regards.

Edited by Orthur
Ps, sorry for double quoting.
  • Like 3
The Tracker
19 minutes ago, Orthur said:

I've noticed in RDR if you even shoot someone's legs, they'll get up and try to run with their wounded leg whereas IN RDR2 they either run normally or just die, like in GTA V. But still RDR2 was better GTA V in that regards.

Not true, in RDR2 they never die for a single leg shot, they even tend to limp at times:

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, The Tracker said:

Not true, in RDR2 they never die for a single leg shot, they even tend to limp at times:

Still not that great compared to this :

In the above video, someone just casually stands up and shoots us even after a shot to their kneecap, in reality that's impossible lol. But in every other area RDR2 nails the details, just this one felt a little toned down. I hope I don't sound like I'm trying to find things to complain about RDR2, I love the game, and I don't care that someone walks after a shot to their kneecap, just saying it's toned down when comparing with RDR1.

Edited by Orthur
  • Like 4
The Tracker
13 minutes ago, Orthur said:

Still not that great compared to this :

I'm the above video, someone just casually stands up and shoots us even after a shot to their kneecap, in reality that's impossible lol. But in every other area RDR2 nails the details, just this one felt a little toned down.

Which minute of the video you mean?

Unless I'm wrong IV and RDR got the limping much better than V and RDR2. I love RDR2 but the injuries seem inferior to RDR imo.

• Like 2
CynicalMexican
1 hour ago, Patrizio said:

Unless I'm wrong IV and RDR got the limping much better than V and RDR2. I love RDR2 but the injuries seem inferior to RDR imo.

What's weird is that you can shoot a ped in GTA V and they can get up like nothing. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2021 at 5:51 PM, Patrizio said:

I feel IV and RDR did this better than RDR2. I really hope they develop this in VI. V's "insta-knockout" should not return.

While we're at:

- peds calling the cops. Many people, especially in gang areas should be afraid of "snitching" and should not automatically call the cops on you. It should differ from area to area. But most should just flee.

Well, NPC:S in GTA V does not have to call the cops. More often than not, they use telepathy. As a matter of fact, you can gain a wanted level even if there is no humans present. Also the cop spawning system while being wanted is awful: if you flee the scene they will keep spawning close to you until your wanted level is gone as if they've put a GPS on you.

Some of the decisions how the AI is programmed is either due to laziness or stupidity. NPC:s can be set to be neutral to the player, dislike, hate or like the player and they will react to your presence accordingly. All NPC:S are set to hate the player in GTA V. I know this because I edited the relationships.dat-file and made the mod Gang Wars: Enhanced Relationship Mod 1.2 for PC which was supposed to fix this problem. This is why cops are over agressive. They treat you the same way as Ballas: as an enemy. When you're standing close to them for too long they see it as if you ''invade'' their hood. It's really the same with other NPC:s. All domestics animals are set to hate the player. Sharks are hostile to the player but not to other NPC:s. Same with guards dogs and guards; they are agressive to you but not other NPC:s. It's you against the world and fixing it is very, very, very easy nut Rockstar have never done it for some reason.

Edited by Cyper
  • Like 3
CynicalMexican

Either that or it was done on purpose. Perhaps to justify the player doing their bad deeds?

Regardless it's pretty stupid. It kills the immersion. 

The Tracker
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Patrizio said:

Unless I'm wrong IV and RDR got the limping much better than V and RDR2.

IV more than limping had only one injured walking animation as far as I know, GTA V didn't have any, I agree on RDR1 > RDR2 in this aspect.

I love RDR2 but the injuries seem inferior to RDR imo.

Only leg injuries, everything else regarding injuries was done better in RDR2, IMO.

Edited by The Tracker
58 minutes ago, The Tracker said:

Only leg injuries, everything else regarding injuries was done better in RDR2, IMO.

Yes, that's what I meant, too.

• Multi-character narrative unless it uses a system like RDR2 story in which parts of the story are played by multiple people, not both at once.
  • Explore-all map from the get-go, would like geo locks.

Those are my main two.

• Like 5
GTA3Rockstar
On 6/7/2021 at 1:07 PM, Orbea Occam said:

Being able to control cars while in mid air certainly needs to go.

If that's the case, then being able to flip your car back over needs to, too.

But obviously not explode like in previous games.

Oh man

- First and foremost: Overly strict, tedious, too easily triggered by accident, takes too long to lose, fun-ruining wanted system. Especially NPCs calling the cops on you for standing near them. Not looking hopeful since they already went the same way in RDR2 :( 

- Stupid aimbot cops/enemies that mean every gunfight has to be done from far away/cover

- Excessive unnecessary restrictions in and out of missions (eg not being allowed to run or draw weapons indoors, not being allowed to jump without a parachute since it can't be unequipped, not being allowed to shoot or hit allies, extremely tightly controlled movement in missions and failing for deviating or using your imagination at all etc)

- sh*tty downgraded physics (including driving, armed and unarmed combat, NPC behaviour, and movement in general)

- Prioritising large but empty/worthless countryside space eg barren mountains and ocean floor over creating a large and alive feeling city with plenty of interiors

- Having the entire map accessible from the beginning

- The game automatically changing your character's clothes in freeroam

- Tons of non crime based activities (unless they're also going to include plenty of activities that are crime based)

- Missions that give you no money or reward (ie 90% of the missions in GTA V)

- Getting a wanted level for jumping out of an aircraft to go skydiving

- Dumb rubberbanding in races that makes each race exactly the same every time you play it

- Features that are only accessible through downloading an app to your irl phone

- This is in every GTA, but collectibles or other tasks that you don't have any reasonable chance of completing without following maps/guides/videos outside of the game or where you can't easily keep track of exactly what you've already collected/completed

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 8

I don't get, why so many people here are so keen on to having a limited access to weapons, like for example having a car trunk or a gun bag. This only works for linear story driven games like Max Payne or games where you don't have much of a weapon variety like RDR2 (you don't have RPGs, machine guns, LMG etc). In an open world game, this mechanic will force the player to just stick with the most powerful guns for the rest of the game and to basically ignore "fun weapons" like the bazooka or flamethrower. I didn't like Far Cry 3 or Duke Nukem for this, because you just stick with the silenced sniper rifle/silenced SMG and the RPG/grenade launcher. 

GTA is, was and should always be primary an arcade game where you can do random sh*t like torching people with a flame thrower or blowing choppers with a RPG at any time or any place you wish. It isn't a crime or economy simulator, it isn't a role playing game and it isn't a linear story driven game. That's exactly why I loved GTA V more than GTA IV, because it goes back to its arcade roots. 

1 hour ago, BabaFamilias said:

I don't get, why so many people here are so keen on to having a limited access to weapons, like for example having a car trunk or a gun bag. This only works for linear story driven games like Max Payne or games where you don't have much of a weapon variety like RDR2 (you don't have RPGs, machine guns, LMG etc). In an open world game, this mechanic will force the player to just stick with the most powerful guns for the rest of the game and to basically ignore "fun weapons" like the bazooka or flamethThat's exactly why I loved GTA V more than GTA IV, because it goes back to its arcade roots. rower.

I think it is exactly the oppossite, having access to SO many weapons encourages the player to switch to whatever weapon they like any time in combat, therefore, everytime they get in dangerous situations, they'll conveniently stick to the most powerful/broken ones, instead of naturally selecting them and being strategic with what you'll carry, thing would happen if you limit what they can have in their inventory. Have you actually played the older GTA games before IV? Because it was the exact same system as the latter, not GTA V where you literally can bring all of your arsenal with you, GTA V didn't went back to its roots in this aspect, it's basically the oppossite, I personally don't want that system to be like RDR2, just like previous GTA games, one weapon from each type.

Edited by The Tracker
  • Like 10
6 minutes ago, The Tracker said:

everytime they get in dangerous situations, they'll conveniently stick to the most powerful/broken ones,

Look, there aren't any "dangerous situations" in any of the missions since the release of GTA: SA, except maybe situations where you have to race or do stunts. Since you can one-shot everyone with a headshot with almost ANY weapon, any additional weapon (except maybe RPG for vehicles and SMG for drive-bys) becomes redundant for the completion of the game. Seriously, I (and almost every other GTA player) could EASILY finish every GTA since San Andreas with just a pistol, RPG and a SMG. But where is the fun in that? If I am free-roaming and I see a NPC who I wanna torch or blow his car up, I don't want to run back to my car and select the RPG or flame thrower. Yes, very immersive, but where do we draw the line? What's next? You have to swap your perforated clothes after you got in a gun fight? It's just tedious.

9 minutes ago, The Tracker said:

instead of naturally selecting them and being strategic with what you'll carry, thing would happen if you limit what they can have in their inventory.

But I don't want "to think strategic" in ANY GTA game, in fact I don't want to "think at all". I just want mindless fun in an open sandbox world without paying attention to anything. I wan't to cause mayhem and chaos on my personal playground while listening to music/podcasts. 

By the way, here is the "strategic setup" 90% of you would choose and stick the entire game with: silenced sniper rifle, silenced SMG and a grenade launcher/RPG. 

32 minutes ago, The Tracker said:

Have you actually played the older GTA games before IV?

That's the question I want to ask this forum. Because many of you who are demanding a "more serious story" apparently haven't played a GTA game before IV. Here is a little video which sums up what GTA in its essence is:

2 hours ago, BabaFamilias said:

I don't get, why so many people here are so keen on to having a limited access to weapons, like for example having a car trunk or a gun bag. This only works for linear story driven games like Max Payne or games where you don't have much of a weapon variety like RDR2 (you don't have RPGs, machine guns, LMG etc). In an open world game, this mechanic will force the player to just stick with the most powerful guns for the rest of the game and to basically ignore "fun weapons" like the bazooka or flamethrower. I didn't like Far Cry 3 or Duke Nukem for this, because you just stick with the silenced sniper rifle/silenced SMG and the RPG/grenade launcher. 

GTA is, was and should always be primary an arcade game where you can do random sh*t like torching people with a flame thrower or blowing choppers with a RPG at any time or any place you wish. It isn't a crime or economy simulator, it isn't a role playing game and it isn't a linear story driven game. That's exactly why I loved GTA V more than GTA IV, because it goes back to its arcade roots. 

I agree about the limited access/needing to store weapons in your trunk thing, I think we should have as easy access to all our weapons as possible in GTA and I'm a fan of the weapon wheel.

But I do think there can be such a thing as too many different weapons, if each one isn't unique enough. In V I think it does get to that point, there's many weapons that are very similar to each other and don't add anything of worth. So many almost identical ones in each slot that they become redundant and just a chore to cycle through. I end up not bothering to use half of them because the selection is so bloated and there's so little difference between them. Lots of weapons is fine but each one should bring something to the table to earn its spot, otherwise it shouldn't be there. Some degree of quality over quantity is beneficial. 

Also decent combat mechanics/physics is needed! IV might have a bare bones weapon selection but using them is awesome. Gun are nice and loud with a satisfying feel, explosions are powerful and you can get knocked back/sent flying/ears ringing rather than just dying depending how close you are (whereas in V you can't survive explosions and it's death or nothing), NPC reactions/physics are very detailed and feel real (whereas in V there's bs like killing someone with one slap or a bullet to the ankle, and a 100% death rate for the stun gun), NPCs can be taken out as injured rather than only either alive or dead, you can shoot guns out of NPC's hands etc, aimbot isn't ridiculous so you can have some nice up-close gunfights (whereas in V you're usually stuck in cover far away). By comparison in V guns lack power and gunfights lack variety. Same goes if you compare it to RDR1 or RDR2 - like GTA V they have lots of weapons accessed by a wheel, but there's more differences between them and they're more fun to use.

I'm all for a wide variety of weapons and easy access to them but it's more important that all the weapons are worth having and that using them is fun. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
1 minute ago, BabaFamilias said:

Look, there aren't any "dangerous situations" in any of the missions since the release of GTA: SA, except maybe situations where you have to race or do stunts. Since you can one-shot everyone with a headshot with almost ANY weapon, any additional weapon (except maybe RPG for vehicles and SMG for drive-bys) becomes redundant for the completion of the game. Seriously, I (and almost every other GTA player) could EASILY finish every GTA since San Andreas with just a pistol, RPG and a SMG. 

Yes, there are, lol, don't act as if you've never encountered situations where you had to kill multiple enemies, or that you never died fighting against the cops, ALL these situations get trivialized the moment you literally can carry a Grenade Launcher, an RPG or a goddamn minigun to a gunfight, no thanks, that's even one of the reasons why combat in GTA Online is so infuriatingly broken, tryhards have it so easy there. Your argumment with the "headshot with almost any weapon" doesn't even make sense, we could apply that logic with almost every other AAA when the main things are fire arms, so what? Infinite weapon storage system to COD games because you can also kill everyone with just a headshot? And don't tell me "but GTA is a different game" guns works just about the same in every game. 

16 minutes ago, BabaFamilias said:

But where is the fun in that? If I am free-roaming and I see a NPC who I wanna torch or blow his car up, I don't want to run back to my car and select the RPG or flame thrower. Yes, very immersive, but where do we draw the line? What's next? You have to swap your perforated clothes after you got in a gun fight? It's just tedious.

I don't know! The EXACT same fun GTA games before V had? You keep acting as if limited weapon storage wasn't always a thing in GTA games, lol, having that didn't make them any less fun than GTA V, in fact, they were even better in that aspect, not too many weapons, not too few, having THAT but also being able to carry more in your car trunk is a perk at that point. And no, the "perforated clothes" comparison doesn't make sense.

30 minutes ago, The Tracker said:

I don't know! The EXACT same fun GTA games before V had? You keep acting as if limited weapon storage wasn't always a thing in GTA games,

I am talking about having a mechanic like weapons stored in a car trunk or gun bags...

Edit: btw the weapon storage in older GTAs wasn't limited at all, you could carry a minigun, a sniper rifle, an assault rifle, a smg, etc simultaneously in your pockets. It was only "limited" by category, that's all. 

Edited by BabaFamilias
  • Like 1

I'm definitely in the category of not liking the way GTA V handled weapons. Again, it feels very much catered towards casuals and kids.

Though TBH, I always limit what weapons I use in the game individually. Ex - if I'm gonna do a mission I'm sticking to one gun only. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, BabaFamilias said:

an arcade game where you can do random sh*t like torching people with a flame thrower or blowing choppers with a RPG at any time or any place you wish

I don't want single player to be like the madness nonsense online experience.

and by that, I don't mean you can not do these things, but that it just have to be real consequences, not just walk in a mall with a rocktlaucher with no panic.

Edited by Thomas Cavendish
19 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

and by that, I don't mean you can not do these things, but that it just have to be real consequences, not just walk in a mall with a rocktlaucher with no panic.

You mean, we should get a wanted level for just carrying a RPG? What do you mean with "real consequences"? We already got a wanted system. 

3 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Off tangent, but wouldn't it be lovely if GTA Online were just kept as a separate game entirely, not leeching off the GTA single player experience?

Of course, that may present its problems (GTAO becoming its own game could potentially kill the series entirely) but it would be nice to have GTA just focus on the individual experience again.

• Like 2