Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    2. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    3. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    6. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Different HUD colors for each location?


ADropInTheOcean
 Share

Recommended Posts

ADropInTheOcean
Posted (edited)

Hey, this is simultaneously a suggestion and / or a question about how you could go about implementing something like this on your own as a mod, but I've been curious about the possibility of maybe each area of GTA Underground having its own unique heads-up display colors based on the games they've originated from, to perhaps further cement the feeling of each of these being their own unique places distinct from the core San Andreas experience? Is something like this, having a HUD that changes depending on your location, doable with the SA engine, and could it potentially become part of the mod in the future?

 

To better illustrate what I mean, here's the default San Andreas HUD:

 

gVvycv2.png

 

And here's an edit of what could potentially work as the Liberty City HUD, based on GTA III:

 

52ndoL9.png

 

And the Vice City HUD, based on (well, duh) GTA Vice City:

 

T11STfa.png

 

Edited by ADropInTheOcean
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a very nice idea

  • YEE 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 2:53 AM, ADropInTheOcean said:

Hey, this is simultaneously a suggestion and / or a question about how you could go about implementing something like this on your own as a mod, but I've been curious about the possibility of maybe each area of GTA Underground having its own unique heads-up display colors based on the games they've originated from, to perhaps further cement the feeling of each of these being their own unique places distinct from the core San Andreas experience? Is something like this, having a HUD that changes depending on your location, doable with the SA engine, and could it potentially become part of the mod in the future?

 

To better illustrate what I mean, here's the default San Andreas HUD:

 

gVvycv2.png

 

And here's an edit of what could potentially work as the Liberty City HUD, based on GTA III:

 

52ndoL9.png

 

And the Vice City HUD, based on (well, duh) GTA Vice City:

 

T11STfa.png

 

Hello, HUD is one of things planned to be improved in the future. This is definitely an interesting idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ADropInTheOcean
52 minutes ago, DoomReaper said:

Hello, HUD is one of things planned to be improved in the future. This is definitely an interesting idea. 

Neat, hope something like this is possible! Thanks for all the great work done on GTA:U so far ☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2021 at 4:23 PM, ADropInTheOcean said:

Neat, hope something like this is possible! Thanks for all the great work done on GTA:U so far ☺️

 

Well it is definitely possible. We even started working on GTA V styled HUD, including custom guns icons. We haven't finished it though and now it's on hold with no further plans as for now. Pretty confident something will be done with the HUD in the future though. No promises, and definitely no eta 😛

 

Thanks for the kind words! Looking forward to 4.2 👀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ADropInTheOcean
9 hours ago, DoomReaper said:

 

Well it is definitely possible. We even started working on GTA V styled HUD, including custom guns icons. We haven't finished it though and now it's on hold with no further plans as for now. Pretty confident something will be done with the HUD in the future though. No promises, and definitely no eta 😛

 

Thanks for the kind words! Looking forward to 4.2 👀

Honestly, I feel like a built-in GTA V HUD that replaces the regular one just wouldn't make too much sense within the aesthetics of the 3D universe, maintaining the classic one at least for the San Andreas area seems like the best choice if the aim of this mod is to have the most purist and complete PS2-era GTA experience in a single game. Either way, I'm curious to see what the team will come up with on that regard.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ADropInTheOcean said:

Honestly, I feel like a built-in GTA V HUD that replaces the regular one just wouldn't make too much sense within the aesthetics of the 3D universe, maintaining the classic one at least for the San Andreas area seems like the best choice if the aim of this mod is to have the most purist and complete PS2-era GTA experience in a single game. Either way, I'm curious to see what the team will come up with on that regard.

We were going to make it available as a mod. Our aims to combine 3D era, not completely reworking it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ADropInTheOcean
3 hours ago, DoomReaper said:

Our aims to combine 3D era, not completely reworking it. 

Yeah, that's I meant, pretty much. Awesome then! :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.