3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why There Is No Diversity Among GTA Players

CasMusThai

I Have Played All GTA Games except 1,2 and London. Usually, whenever I play a GTA Game, I tend to watch YouTube Videos and Forum Posts about that game. And The Comments are just arguing which game is the best. Like, People say GTA San Andreas is better than GTA V or Like GTA IV is better than GTA V and Also like GTA Vice City is Better Than GTA San Andreas. I just dont get it. Like Rockstar Games are trying to add something new to each GTA game. Some People say that restaurants and Gyms are missing in GTA V and There is little to no customization in GTA IV. I mean Rockstar has a budget to make the games and so they have to downgrade some features that doesnt feel useful. I agree GTA IV had better physics but there are some people who completely hated it. Restaurants felt useless in GTA San Andreas during later parts of the game. Why Can't Just People Happily agree that each GTA Game is unique on their own and dont tell which ones better. Vice City Is Great For 80s nostalgia, San Andreas is Great For Customization/Many Feautures, IV is Great for Physics/Well Written Story, V is Great For Graphics/Open World Sandbox enjoyment

Dick Justice
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CasMusThai said:

Why Can't Just People Happily agree that each GTA Game is unique on their own and dont tell which ones better.

Tribalism. It happens in most fanbases, unfortunately. The thing they like most is the best, so they start looking faults in others to further reinforce their viewpoint. It's the way of the world. For the record, I agree with you, and I'd wager a lot of others do too. Loud voices drown out people who are complacent. 

Edited by Dick Justice

Because when you take all fun things out of the game it becomes boring.

If you take out the fun things, but add other things then it's not too bad. Which is why I like more than one GTA.

But then there are some that have so little fun left in them than I can't justify liking them even if I wanted to.

Every GTA have its own cons and pros , sadly Rockstar is inconsistent so thats why there are these small battles...

• Like 3
horsewithnoname

We accept diversity, just not the wrong kind of diversity.

CasMusThai
2 minutes ago, horsewithnoname said:

We accept diversity, just not the wrong kind of diversity.

I am really sorry but can you explain please?

horsewithnoname
Just now, CasMusThai said:

I am really sorry but can you explain please?

Just a poor joke. It's just that people value different things in some GTA(s) over the other(s), that then leads to arguments and yeah...

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
CasMusThai
6 minutes ago, horsewithnoname said:

Just a poor joke. It's just that people value different things in some GTA(s) over the other(s), that then leads to arguments and yeah...

Oh Okay, I Got You

I Just Wish People know there is something called budget while making these games. People just expect Rockstar could just add features for free meanwhile adding 1 type of restaurant would take 1,000 or something dollars to Program and Design

horsewithnoname
5 minutes ago, CasMusThai said:

I Just Wish People know there is something called budget while making these games.

Yeah, but that then leads to arguments on what the developers should have prioritized within the limitations and so on...

The Tracker
Posted (edited)

Because there is a big difference between the diversity of features on each entry, and downgrades between them. For example, GTA IV lacking many of the wacky stuff from SA (Over the top customization, over the top weapons, countryside, etc) were not downgrades, but rather a change of direction and tone, but the lack of some stuff (Surface customization, stealth, etc), could be regarded as downgrades, GTA IV should've had stealth, as if would've fitted Niko and his ocuppation perfectly, the same goes with IV > V, stuff such as a more arcady vehicle handling or the overall less serious storyline are more of creative decisions to make up for a brighter tone, and that's fine, but nerfing stuff that improved the core gameplay (Physics, reactions, AI, damage system, wanted system, or even BASIC stuff such as crouching, etc), comes of as a downgrade, if GTA V is there for the open world/sandbox enjoyment, then there is no reason for it to lack so many interiors, only to give an example. There is just stuff that is inexcusable to not add in future entries, and that is something Rockstar loves to do at times for some reason.

Edited by The Tracker
  • Like 6
CynicalMexican

I mean, that's what a lot of gaming communities are like in general.

The Saint's Row community is pretty divided on the direction the series took after SR2; hell, I bet you a lot of this community are pre-SR3 fans. Sadly, the discussion over the tone of the series can be pretty toxic; like yeah, the game was over the top and unique, but the games after SR2 completely shat on the lore; that f*cking mission where you kill Dex was a f*cking insult to the fans.

The Watch Dogs community is kinda split too. You have a LOT of WD1 fans who hate the sunny vibe of WD2, a lot of WD2 fans who hated WD1, WD3 haters, etc. Aiden Pearce tends to get love but there are the fans who hate him for being bland. Marcus gets love but there are fans who hate him for being cringey. It's there. 

FIFA's community has a bunch of people who think the series died after the end of the 360/PS3 era. CoD has fans who think the semi-educational tone of the early 00s was the best games, then there are the 2007-13 era fans who hate anything CoD does that's new.

And let's face it, we've probably come aboard the GTA train at different times. We have a few fans from the 96' days but they're few and far between. You have fans who just play GTA 5. Most kids today probably don't care too much about the series pre-V.

Just the way the taco cooks, I guess. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, CasMusThai said:

Oh Okay, I Got You

I Just Wish People know there is something called budget while making these games. People just expect Rockstar could just add features for free meanwhile adding 1 type of restaurant would take 1,000 or something dollars to Program and Design

Just to put it in retrospective, R* will take this money back by selling fewer than 13 copies of the game.

Edited by Lioshenka
Posted (edited)

My PC crashed and nearly died while reading this thread. You better not be doing wizardry on it or something.

Edited by E Revere
Kaname Madoka
On 6/2/2021 at 10:47 AM, DownInThePMs said:

I like all of them honestly.

Me too, even TLaD which is my least favorite i still play sometimes, sure i have complaints about the games but i don't have hatred towards none of them.

universetwisters

Idk man there's fanboyism everywhere, regardless of the medium.

• Like 1