1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What was your proudest GTA Online moment?

Posted (edited)

We tend towards the negative around here (myself being no small contributor), so I thought we could take a break and remember the good times.

So, if you were to choose one thing you've done in this game that you're most proud of, your most glorious moment, what would it be? It can be anything you like - a mission, a paint job, a rare car, a kill, a rescue, a win; your best "f*ck yeah!" moment.

Let's try to keep it positive, tho, so no "dur, the day I quit playing" nonsense. Let this be a shiny, happy thread.

For me, my proudest GTA Online moment was without a doubt pulling off the Criminal Mastermind challenge for the OG Heists. They were new back then, and me & three Crewmates (who barely knew each other at the time) put quite a bit of time into the planning & execution. It took us four attempts - first fail, one of us fell off the mansion railing during PB - Wet Work. The second, a guy got crushed under the Velum door during Prison Break. The third, one of us fired a grenade during Series A - Trash Truck and it bounced off a wall & right back into his face - that one really hurt.

But the fourth try was the charm. All setups & heists, in order, on Hard, with the same 4 players with no deaths. When we drove that Dinghy out of Raton Canyon... well, I don't think I've ever been more stoked about any other thing in GTA. There was much whooping & hollering down the mic, I can tell you. We were the first four in our Crew to pull it off, and that $12 million reward was an unheard of amount of money to get in one hit back then. 

That achievement laid the foundation for friendships that last to this day. We've played numerous games together and pulled off some awesome sh*t over the years - but we still talk about that CMM challenge. And I still give them sh*t about the fact that I was the only one who never died. 😆

How about you guys? 

Edited by God-eater

Getting my Blarney hat from a special crate after probably hundreds of tries, and finally figuring out how to do it.

Hitting 500m wasn't bad either although the CPH makes it not what it used to be.

• Like 3

for me it was the first time i got the elite challenge in cayo perico

when i started running it i was breaking stealth all the time and just dying over and over and over but practice makes perfect

i still remember the time 14.45 i made the time limit by 15 seconds but i made it

• Like 4

I shot down a Jet with my first rpg shot in  the Lobby, after that he got his mk2 and i sniped him with bst (sadly was like the 5 or 6 misses) but i still felt like an absolute God.

I suspect that it was during the period a couple of years ago when both my sons played as well, and we were doing heists, and missions and stuff as a crew of three. That was pretty special.

Posted (edited)

Learning the Bogdan glitch. And driving my last Post-op van into the alomo sea from my coke lockup, before shutting it down.

edit: I was going to shut it down anyway, it was only one bar of product, I was too lazy to sell it, and there were no Oppressor MK2s nearby to finish it for me.

Edited by AirWolf359
15 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

And driving my last Post-op van into the alomo sea from my coke lockup, before shutting it down.

Years from now, they'll make movies about this. True pro gamer move.

Completing the Survival(Nuclear Silo) for the first time. The moment I knocked the last enemy out with a golf club is just unforgettable.

Posted (edited)

Finishing the OG elite challenges was definitely mine. The last two we did were Humane Labs and Pac Standard. Actually Pac Standard wasn't too tough, but as it was the last one we did, it felt like we had just reached the summit of a very difficult mountain. Humane Labs was absolutely brutal and took so many attempts; when we finished that one, that was probably the single greatest feeling of achievement I've had in this game. That was back before the Vigilante and Toreador offered a shortcut, so we were taking bikes (Batis!) around the Alamo Sea and just white-knuckling it from start to finish. God, that challenge was a beast.

Nowadays I'm playing on a new platform with a new crew, and we are crawling through those elites right now. Two of the four of us aren't really that good or online that much, so it can be a bit of an adventure trying to get everyone to do their roles right and shave off enough seconds to pass. I am pretty sure that when and if we finish them all, it will feel just as big as the first time around, even though there are more shortcuts now than there were then.

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 4
Lonely-Martin

Original CMM (A good few times now, including with players where there was minimal communication - To go from thinking it'll never happen to it being almost auto pilot it pretty damn cool). Original elites as well and DDH CMM's/elites too. 

The 2 player CMM on DDH with my son was pretty magical to be fair. Quality time!

Does still being a fan count? Lol. I know I've ragged on the game enough, and read/agree with numerous complaints of others, but I still love my GTA. :)

• Like 5
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Taterman said:

Great thread! For me it was my first undetected CP heist. Next up is an elite hopefully.

Bring a friend, go in via Kosatka & Drainage Tunnel, use basement entry to vault, swim away from island - Elite challenge is in the bag. Perfect the method & you'll be getting that extra $100K every time. Heh, you'll start trying to beat your best time after that. 😆

Edit: oh, and thanks for getting my Lebowski reference in the other thread 👍

Edited by God-eater
  • Like 3
MrDeathFox

When I got the Lifeguard SUV as a personal vehicle like the civilian Granger. It may not be the Shariff's SUV that made me get GTA5 for GTA Online in the first place, but it's close enough until at least the Park Ranger SUV is made available the same way.

• Like 2
Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

When I got back at a mission troll by calling a Merryweather chopper and slicing his character with it (@ the 12:35 mark):

R9ahp8a.gif

Edited by Arrows to Athens
  • KEKW 4
kontol_kering
Posted (edited)

When i first nutted in strip club with Infernus

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLjrNapz4IZDE7efan7Kv

Edited by kontol_kering
CrysisAverted

That brief moment where I was momentarily able to connect to Online the first week it was available.

• KEKW 2
Posted (edited)

Many moons ago, there was a glitch, that allowed the player, to save high end street cars, using the Facility.

Somehow that glitch, would dupe the players character.

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20180207164749.jpg

I found that sh*t, to be amazing. Was able to save, the seawash Super Diamond and take a few cool screenshots of my doppelganger.

Edited by Rev. Gnash
CarimboHanky
Posted (edited)

for me it was completing the og elite challenge and the mastermind challenge with @StangOne50 and a couple of friends. nothing else has felt as rewarding as that.

lost count of how many tries we did trying to get the times for the elite, specially humane labs, after a lot of tries, practice runs and the mandatory restart of the consoles(ps3) and the internet router to reduce the lag 😂 we did it and it felt great.

Edited by CarimboHanky
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, God-eater said:

Bring a friend, go in via Kosatka & Drainage Tunnel, use basement entry to vault, swim away from island - Elite challenge is in the bag. Perfect the method & you'll be getting that extra $100K every time. Heh, you'll start trying to beat your best time after that. 😆

Edit: oh, and thanks for getting my Lebowski reference in the other thread 👍

Man, I'd love to do that but I don't know anyone that plays anymore.

dieseltech20

Completing the Criminal Mastermind Challenge. It was my first time completing any of the heists and we never had to restart the challenge.

• Like 2

owning every modded rare looking motorcycle I could possibly get my hands on.

• Like 2
ilovefreebird
10 hours ago, CrysisAverted said:

That brief moment where I was momentarily able to connect to Online the first week it was available.

That one time I was only stuck in the clouds for like 5 minutes. I was real proud of myself after that 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

How about a friend's proudest achievement? I was in a public lobby on XBox many years ago, fighting with some dude. After we killed each other a few times, I got a jet and was trying to make his life miserable at LSIA (assume he was there to get his own jet, though I never did ask). He pulled out his heavy sniper--top marks already, as people were then usually doing the "free-aimed RPG and EWO" maneuver--and somehow hit me right in the face with a miracle snipe, one-shotting me. I wasn't even mad, it was that crazy. I just messaged him "HOLY sh*t!" or something, and he messaged back "Lol I know, that was a miracle." Friend requested each other and played together for ages after that. And I learned for absolute certain that he wasn't THAT good at sniping.  :D

• Like 3

PS3 I think it was, I had just started doing a bit of PVP instead of quickly switching to passive mode, I went into a lobby where some weirdo was murdering people with a jet, I took my sniper as he was approaching, aimed at the cockpit and sniped him out of existence, literally the first shot, it felt so good.

He sent me a message saying "cheater" before leaving the lobby.

• Like 2
SummerFreeze
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Taterman said:

Man, I'd love to do that but I don't know anyone that plays anymore.

I'll help if you need me.

Edited by SummerFreeze
AcidRain7744

Completing DDH as CEO. 3 other randoms doing the hack while I hid in the closet slamming snacks and armor. I doubt I will ever be posting anything with the word "elite" in them.

• Like 3