Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

'Special things' in missions!


Recommended Posts

I'm sorry for this thread title, if anyone comes up with a better idea after reading what I'm talking about, hopefully it would be possible to edit it...

 

I want to talk about certain special things possible in missions. We already have the amazing 100% guide, and we also have the 'chronological' mission order thread, and finally a list of missable things in missions... Clearly this forum is full of people with varying degrees of healthy completionism and unhealthy OCD, so I am hoping I'm far from being alone when it comes to this subject.

 

I will start a list of missions with certain 'special things', please read them to understand what falls under this category, and suggest those I've forgot to mention.

 

CHAPTER I

- Enter, Pursued By A Memory

--- If you don't get something for your stamina after being prompted by the tutorial, Javier would give you a bottle of whiskey to warm up, which also comes with a special dialogue

 

CHAPTER II

- Who is Not without Sin?

--- If you run immediately up the slope after intimidating the witness, you'll get a short cinematic of Swanson going to the bridge, a very minor thing, but a thing nonetheless

- Money Lending and Other Sins [I-II]

--- It is possible to keep the special Watch from Wrobel's house if you open the drawer before leaving the house, but not taking the watch; then, after you've done collecting the debt, riding out a bit and coming back to the house, you can loot the Watch and it won't be removed from your inventory on handing in the debt at the camp

 

...While writing this post I realized that I can't come up with more examples right now, but I am certain there were many others. If you can remember some special items or dialogues in missions that require going out of your way to obtain them, please do share, I'll make sure to edit the post to include everything.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemoyne outlaw

this is a cool thread. here is two that i can think of.

 

chapter 3 the course of true love 2. beau gives you a gift to give penelope. but you can open the gift and sell it to the fence for a decent price. but a loss of honor

 

american distillation. on the race to camp with dutch. when you cross the railroad tracks. you can see one of those train track carts being used by two people.

 

this is what i can think of now. but im sure there is plenty more. i always do playthroughs of this game. so im sure i will find more.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Magicians for Sport - rather then beat up and interrogate the bounty hunters, Arthur can kill one and a cutscene appears where he shoots at the other's feet to get Trelawny's whereabouts. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you include missable dialogue there is tons that is dependant on your previous activities.

 

Some I’ve come across recently - in “A Quick Favour for an Old Friend”:

1) If you’ve encountered Sheriff Freeman in Tumbleweed, John will tell Sadie he’s met him

2) If you’ve captured the bounty on Esteban Cortez already, Sadie will confirm that’s Ramone’s brother.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A very well known but choice dependent cosmetic variation is if you pick Return for the Money in Red Dead Redemption then Micah will have a scarred eye in American Venom. (Or certainly if you play with high honour, I’ve never done a low honour play through)

Edited by Jimbatron
Link to post
Share on other sites
Unshaken99

If Arthur is low on funds during "Of Sheeps and Goats" he will threaten the gunsmith and steal the rifle from him

The cutscene between Mary Linton and Arthur will change slightly depending on whether he is wearing a hat

When fishing with Javier, he will remark on the weather if it starts to rain. Its odd that they included this as Rhodes is canonically going through a dry season in that chapter

If Arthur returns to Wrobel's house after some time. Wrobel may threaten the player with a newly aquired firearm. Arthur may also steal his horse during the money lending mission and Wrobel will run out of the house, sobbing

It is possible to kill the Legendary Bear during the mission with Hosea, but he will not acknowldge it. It is possible to collect the pelt and ride back to camp if the corpse isn't too close to Hosea. It is also possible for the bear to attack Hosea in an endless animation loop until it is killed or scared off, but the game also will not acknowledge this in the cutscene

Kieran Duffy has a fully modeled set of genitals during "Paying a Social Call" The table in the cabin has an additional $40-$47 on it that players often miss. During the recon phase of the mission. Killing the lone O' Driscoll mid-sentence will cause the others to turn around and attack. They can also hear Arthur whispering if the player gets too close while delivering his lines

When choosing the 'Night' approach in  "The Spines of America" it is possble to collect an additional $150 from Bob Crawford if you inspect the chimney and then threaten him. The game will not realize you've already taken it, and so will spawn the cash again in a new location

It is possible to beat Thomas Downes to death before the cutscene trigger. This will however fail the player

Arthur can aim his gun at Chick Matthews, completely bypassing the chase sequence altogether

A Chelonian man can be found praying in the first floor of the hotel in "Polite Society" He and Arthur will have some dialogue together

If the player attempts to avoid confronting Thomas Downes, a cutscene will play and Strauss will eventually force Arthur to attack him before allowing us to progress

The train heist can be done before "A Fisher of Men" completely spoiling the climax of that mission for new players

Micah Bell can be broken out of prison using a pulley or with dynamite, but Arthur can also find the jail keys to let him out

During "The First Shall be Last" it is possible to acquire the bolt action rifle from one of Ike Skelding's boys in the canyon. The man fighting Charles on the cliff also wields a machete and can be acquired by the player upon his death

After Reverend Swanson has passed out in "Who is not without sin", he will become resistant to fall damage. This is a neat little detail as drunk drivers are less likely to die in accidents when their bodies go completely limp

In "Exit Pursued" if Arthur is low on funds, he will receive just enough money to buy the morgan horse

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Unshaken99 said:

If Arthur is low on funds during "Of Sheeps and Goats" he will threaten the gunsmith and steal the rifle from him

The cutscene between Mary Linton and Arthur will change slightly depending on whether he is wearing a hat

When fishing with Javier, he will remark on the weather if it starts to rain. Its odd that they included this as Rhodes is canonically going through a dry season in that chapter

If Arthur returns to Wrobel's house after some time. Wrobel may threaten the player with a newly aquired firearm. Arthur may also steal his horse during the money lending mission and Wrobel will run out of the house, sobbing

It is possible to kill the Legendary Bear during the mission with Hosea, but he will not acknowldge it. It is possible to collect the pelt and ride back to camp if the corpse isn't too close to Hosea. It is also possible for the bear to attack Hosea in an endless animation loop until it is killed or scared off, but the game also will not acknowledge this in the cutscene

Kieran Duffy has a fully modeled set of genitals during "Paying a Social Call" The table in the cabin has an additional $40-$47 on it that players often miss. During the recon phase of the mission. Killing the lone O' Driscoll mid-sentence will cause the others to turn around and attack. They can also hear Arthur whispering if the player gets too close while delivering his lines

When choosing the 'Night' approach in  "The Spines of America" it is possble to collect an additional $150 from Bob Crawford if you inspect the chimney and then threaten him. The game will not realize you've already taken it, and so will spawn the cash again in a new location

It is possible to beat Thomas Downes to death before the cutscene trigger. This will however fail the player

Arthur can aim his gun at Chick Matthews, completely bypassing the chase sequence altogether

A Chelonian man can be found praying in the first floor of the hotel in "Polite Society" He and Arthur will have some dialogue together

If the player attempts to avoid confronting Thomas Downes, a cutscene will play and Strauss will eventually force Arthur to attack him before allowing us to progress

The train heist can be done before "A Fisher of Men" completely spoiling the climax of that mission for new players

Micah Bell can be broken out of prison using a pulley or with dynamite, but Arthur can also find the jail keys to let him out

During "The First Shall be Last" it is possible to acquire the bolt action rifle from one of Ike Skelding's boys in the canyon. The man fighting Charles on the cliff also wields a machete and can be acquired by the player upon his death

After Reverend Swanson has passed out in "Who is not without sin", he will become resistant to fall damage. This is a neat little detail as drunk drivers are less likely to die in accidents when their bodies go completely limp

In "Exit Pursued" if Arthur is low on funds, he will receive just enough money to buy the morgan horse

I'm going to try a few of these.

 

I always get the bolt action rifle when rescuing Sean, but never knew about the machete. 

 

I've also broken Micah out of jail by killing the sheriff and his deputies and using the keys.

 

I also usually catch Chick Matthews in seconds. But I'll aim my gun at him next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dan_1983 said:

I'm going to try a few of these.

 

I always get the bolt action rifle when rescuing Sean, but never knew about the machete. 

 

I've also broken Micah out of jail by killing the sheriff and his deputies and using the keys.

 

I also usually catch Chick Matthews in seconds. But I'll aim my gun at him next time.

I just tried the Chick Matthews one, he still ran but not on a horse. Perhaps I shouldn't have asked him a question first.  He eventually threw the map down and kept running. 

Edited by SneakyDeaky
Link to post
Share on other sites
Unshaken99
3 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

I just tried the Chick Matthews one, he still ran but not on a horse. Perhaps I shouldn't have asked him a question first.  He eventually threw the map down and kept running. 

I should have worded this one better. He will flee either way but you will have a small window to grab him before the chase starts

Link to post
Share on other sites
jimmyoneshot
Posted (edited)

Here's 2 good ones during the Battle Of Shady Belle:-

 

You can let the first Lemoyne Raider indoors go and John will shoot him:-

 

 

If you go upstairs without shooting him the first Raider up there will challenge you to a knife fight:-

 

https://streamable.com/061sa6

Edited by jimmyoneshot
Link to post
Share on other sites
GokuDosGames

During Polite Society Valentine Style, there are many interesting encounters if you enter the wrong rooms, for example, if you enter the one beside Karen's, you'll find a dude pooping, that's the dude who's always moaning in the hotel, also, depending if you get out or not before Uncle from the shop, the cutscene will play a little differently

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 3:27 AM, Unshaken99 said:

I should have worded this one better. He will flee either way but you will have a small window to grab him before the chase starts

It's still good though, you get different dialogue and don't have to do that scripted chase (seems scripted to me, as there's always a train that goes by during the chase, not that you can't catch him before that though.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.