3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Before i download GTA Vice City Stories: PC edition

TenAte108

hello there guys, it's me TenAte108, yes i 'm back and if you don't know me then i'm sorry

back to the point LMAO, i found that dope ass mod on youtube, GTA VCS pc edition and i liked it, GTA VCS is one of my top 3 favorite GTA games besides SA and VC

i found it on Moddb with 700 megabyes as a total conversion and in google drive link for a youtube channel called GTA VCS real pc edition with 1.2 gigabytes

i used limited internet plan to download and surf the internet so i got questions to make sure i won't waste my data in crap

the YT channel link: https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=1iuunkMYfmPJMTldVwI_8kFpkJxLdarzx&export=download

the Moddb link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vice-city-stories-pc-edition

i am asking:

1- if i download it from moddb or the google drive link, will the mod still requires GTA San Andreas game or is it a custom built game and it has its own EXE file to launch from it?

2- which place should i download from?

3- is the game functioning properly, like i will still be able to save with no bugs and achieve 100% completion?

4- are the settings real or just as the ps2 and psp options (brightness and volumes and that's it) no keyboard and mouse bindings option like in official GTA games for PC we played and know?

5- will i be able to transfer my progress files from PSP/PS2 to that PC version mod or do i have to start building my empire from the zero?

6- can i mod over the mod LOL, like modify the mod with other mods like replacing NPC's or guns?

7- is it full content ported from the console and handheld to the PC or some stuff missing like music or copyrighted stuff?

8- how good are the controls while playing, same experience or you feel clunky and not able to fight on foot while taking over properties like in the original game?

9- how different is it from GTA San Andreas comparing the controls and way of playing, yet same experience?

10- what are the bugs?

thank you so much for answering these ten questions and see you guys later

take care in the pandemic and 6 foot away from each other please LOL

wear masks in the replies please LMAOOOOO

❤️❤️❤️ 

This mod is dead and no longer supported. It was never completed. Better emulate the original VCS on PC or phone.

• Like 2

I don't know why you asked this many questions when you could easily find the answers to most of them yourself but here you go:

1. You need SA.

2. Here is the latest version. https://gtaforums.com/topic/949961-vice-city-stories-pc-edition/

3. It is not finished. You cannot achieve 100% completion.

4. It's built on top of the PC version of SA so it uses its options layout as a basis albeit reoriented to match VCS's theme. The settings also bear some custom additions for convenience.

5. No. The mod is entirely built on SA. It can not match or recognise the actual game's savefiles.

6. It's possible but no guarantee it'd work. Expect crashes if you try.

7. It's not completely ported over. Almost all assets are there but some mechanics and most of the storyline are missing.

8. It's identical to SA so it depends on how much you like that. Also, sometimes bugs can screw up your shooting animations.

9. Read 8.

10. The game often crashes for seemingly no reason, especially when starting missions, or during specific sections of specific missions like Repo.

Edited by E Revere

Yeah sorry to confirm but the project is long dead.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 9:50 PM, kubon352 said:

This mod is dead and no longer supported. It was never completed. Better emulate the original VCS on PC or phone.

Franklin with big ass beard said what????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i am still good, i got PPSSPP and i emulate VCS, HELL i finished the game 100% so i am pretty chill

On 5/28/2021 at 1:31 AM, E Revere said:

I don't know why you asked this many questions when you could easily find the answers to most of them yourself but here you go:

1. You need SA.

2. Here is the latest version. https://gtaforums.com/topic/949961-vice-city-stories-pc-edition/

3. It is not finished. You cannot achieve 100% completion.

4. It's built on top of the PC version of SA so it uses its options layout as a basis albeit reoriented to match VCS's theme. The settings also bear some custom additions for convenience.

5. No. The mod is entirely built on SA. It can not match or recognise the actual game's savefiles.

6. It's possible but no guarantee it'd work. Expect crashes if you try.

7. It's not completely ported over. Almost all assets are there but some mechanics and most of the storyline are missing.

8. It's identical to SA so it depends on how much you like that. Also, sometimes bugs can screw up your shooting animations.

9. Read 8.

10. The game often crashes for seemingly no reason, especially when starting missions, or during specific sections of specific missions like Repo.

Eh at least they are trying, well thank you so much my friend for saving me from downloading this beta state of the game, almost wasted internet data on buggy game

On 5/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, Ash_735 said:

Yeah sorry to confirm but the project is long dead.

OMG

but what do you mean dead? abandoned you mean?

1 hour ago, TenAte108 said:

abandoned you mean?

We tried to continue it as much as possible but it was difficult without the help of a mobile release, and since Rockstar like to pretend this game doesn't exist it didn't leave us with much choice.

• Like 2
  • Bruh 1

icebeeblue
On 5/28/2021 at 2:50 AM, kubon352 said:

Thanks for the information

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1. You need GTA San Andreas.

2. Doesn't matter, but i highly reccomend Moddb.

3. No, you can play game missions, until you get to Marty missions, then the game will crash at one of his missions.

4. VCS PS2 ones.

5. No, its mod for San Andreas, and can not be transfered from PC to PSP or PS2.

6. Im not sure, but i wouldn't recommend doing so.

7. Not completely.

8. Something from SA and something from VCS but its easy and i played, did not had any problems with movment or controls.

9.  I already said in 8.

10. At the mission Repo, i belive the game crashes and you wont be able to beat it.

Also i would like to mention that there is LCS for pc, and there you can beat the game, and project is active, but for VCS the only way to beat the game is by using Emulator, or laggy bluestack.