2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Is the PS3 and 360 remastered version really that bad?

eljalu

GhettoJesus

Vadim M made a good video on it. There are lots of graphical glitches, some audio issues and a few game breaking crashes and bugs here and there. The game is fully beatable regardless of these but they can be of annoyance. I think this video highlights the problems (and some of the advantages) pretty well.

• Like 2

K2yjoYK.png

Mindshower

Truly a cursed way to play the game. I'd avoid it. I thought the PS3 version was just a PS2 port? Could be wrong there. 

Skooma Addicted Blade

It's not the worst thing in world and still a way to enjoy a fantastic game regardless but if you have other options to play SA, I'd go with those over the PS3/360 versions.

It used to, though not really.
Basically what happened is that the PS2 Classics version got removed, they for some reason thought it'd be a good idea to remove the original PS2 version on PS3 (i think also on X360?), and replace that with the 're-master' that we have on the PS3 PSN nowadays.
(Noticed I forgot to quote Mindshower's post, damn.)

Edited by DX12
Edited to notify readers about forgetting to quote the post I wanted to quote.

GhettoJesus
8 hours ago, Mindshower said:

I thought the PS3 version was just a PS2 port?

Nope. The PS3 and the Xbox360 only received the remastered version. You won't find any PS3 or Xbox360 disks which would be simple ports.

K2yjoYK.png

Big_Smiley

Complete garbage ass port :harrumph:One of the many few of R* large mistakes within GTA. If you want CJ to have an Invisible see through stomach when you reach 50% muscle 50% fat mixed together go for it. That and the hundreds of random bugs that ruin the gameplay. Simply a cash grab from R*. We all saw it this way in the forums when the news hit when these new versions released back in 2014-2015 and we were hella disappointed. Like the many of us here who've been playing the original for years since its release back in 2004.  My apologies if i sound salty here but its been known throughout the community that this was just a terrible version to play a classic on.

I don't really care much for the music that was scrapped in these versions these days but just the many bugs alone along side with the stupid mobile buttons still appearing on screen the many of the side missions along with everything else ruin it for me. Anyone can have personal preferences and opinions so this is just my side on it. I highly recommend the original versions which are near perfection being controls from a 2004 game. I mean practically the HD remaster version controls made this entirely the complete opposite of what it was, lmao.

Edited by Big_Smiley
Bullsh*t ass spelling....
  • Like 3

LorshZontek

Doo doo fart port 

On 5/25/2021 at 5:27 PM, Mindshower said:

Truly a cursed way to play the game. I'd avoid it. I thought the PS3 version was just a PS2 port? Could be wrong there. 

For whatever reason they used the "Remastered" version for the ps3 and then just used the original ps2 version on PS4, i assume due to backlash

Such a waste of potentional god i would want a new remaster )=

So I did a PS2 vs PS3 Remaster vs Xbox 360 in 2018 and honestly the PS3 remaster played fine and was easier than the Original PS2.

The Xbox 360 Remaster on the other hand is god f*cking awful. It crashes, audio cuts off often and the radio itself seemed to be the biggest contributor to all the issues. The GTAF community sent messages, opened complaints, it was never fixed. Now, I'm speaking of physical store bought copies and not downloads.

fV9tG4b.gif

Big_Smiley
16 hours ago, Vanzant said:

The Xbox 360 Remaster on the other hand is god f*cking awful. It crashes, audio cuts off often and the radio itself seemed to be the biggest contributor to all the issues.

Rergarding the Xbox 360 version, this version is apparently very prone to having the terrible and highly notorious traffic bug when AI traffic on the streets start going about 100 miles per hour on every single street breaking the whole game. Even today in recent times I don't ever recall getting this bug on the PS2 nor OG Xbox even after saving on the same files for years. I brought this up because it almost seems like the 360 has the most sh*tty bugs out of all HD versions. I've heard that the PS3 had less bugs. Also heard about a game timer in the past here in the forum that reaches the limit of your timer gameplay that if you reach that limit your save file starts to break causing the entire traffic in the game to go completely chaotic and pretty much ruin your save.

It's like once you finish end of line though it would only take a couple more hour long gameplays and saving as the time went on before you start to notice that cars start making those notorious u-turns. It just seems like the 360 version is cursed :/ We've been comparing the physical versions since then but I don't think ever recall playing the digital downloads. I'm telling myself how the hell would the digital releases have less bugs if its the same awful sh*t as the physical release? Anybody ever play the digital copies for hours of gameplay? Because ain't no f*cking way R* "EVER"  patched any of this sh*t not back then, and not now. That's the type of sh*t from R* that doesn't even happen in our dreams, lmao.

Edited by Big_Smiley

psxdriverplayer
On 5/25/2021 at 7:50 PM, eljalu said:

I consider getting them but are they really that bad??

Don't pick the wrong versions, fool!

Original PS2 and PC revisions four life. [SIC]

-We Japanese give life no importance. -Master
-Then why did you ask for help when you were drowning, eh? -Sonny

spacer.png

PlayStation™

Licensed by

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

SCEI™

Local man has a YouTube channel containing stuff

10 hours ago, Big_Smiley said:

Rergarding the Xbox 360 version, this version is apparently very prone to having the terrible and highly notorious traffic bug when AI traffic on the streets start going about 100 miles per hour on every single street breaking the whole game. Even today in recent times I don't ever recall getting this bug on the PS2 nor OG Xbox even after saving on the same files for years. I brought this up because it almost seems like the 360 has the most sh*tty bugs out of all HD versions. I've heard that the PS3 had less bugs. Also heard about a game timer in the past here in the forum that reaches the limit of your timer gameplay that if you reach that limit your save file starts to break causing the entire traffic in the game to go completely chaotic and pretty much ruin your save.

It's like once you finish end of line though it would only take a couple more hour long gameplays and saving as the time went on before you start to notice that cars start making those notorious u-turns. It just seems like the 360 version is cursed :/ We've been comparing the physical versions since then but I don't think ever recall playing the digital downloads. I'm telling myself how the hell would the digital releases have less bugs if its the same awful sh*t as the physical release? Anybody ever play the digital copies for hours of gameplay? Because ain't no f*cking way R* "EVER"  patched any of this sh*t not back then, and not now. That's the type of sh*t from R* that doesn't even happen in our dreams, lmao.

Yes, the Xbox360 copy of GTA SA sucks....like I said it seems to stem from audio and cut-scene issues that breaks the game and crashes it a lot. Nothing can be done about that now. The PS3 Re-Master works just fine. I had no problems or crashes when I did a side by side play though to the PS2 version to 100%.

As for the game breaking issues for extremely extended play though saves, I don't know if it's a problem on re-master copies. It's very interesting to point out. The PS2/Xbox copies have this, but it takes a long time to cause such problems well past 100% completion. Most users won't get to that point on any single save game.

fV9tG4b.gif

On 5/26/2021 at 9:22 PM, LorshZontek said:

For whatever reason they used the "Remastered" version for the ps3 and then just used the original ps2 version on PS4, i assume due to backlash

The ps2 version on ps4 is actually emulated ps2 version and upscaled but with the removed music.

Could of had something to do with Sony wanting to sell SA, VC, and 3 for $15 each. :D

On 5/25/2021 at 7:18 PM, DX12 said:

Basically what happened is that the PS2 Classics version got removed, they for some reason thought it'd be a good idea to remove the original PS2 version on PS3 (i think also on X360?), and replace that with the 're-master' that we have on the PS3 PSN nowadays.
(Noticed I forgot to quote Mindshower's post, damn.)

I happen to have a lot of gta sa versions even android version but will refuse to get those sh*t mobile ports for 360 and ps3. 

Excluding pc versions to make it easy.

I happen to play the ps4 version the most because of recording ability of ps4. 

But for the version I would play the most excluding pc and after ps4 would be the original Xbox > ps2 > ps2 classics version on ps3 because of. These last 3 have all of there music. 

Ps4 version has a bit of input lag. Can't handle as many vehicles spawned as on ps2. Has this weird ass sound when the game is paused. Sounds kind of like once of them fancy newer trucks with that weird air sound backing up noise but like 2x a second. 

Eminence Front by The Who plays twice in a row on ps4. 

Xbox has quickest loading times and just works with all music

PS2 just works with all music

PS2 classics version on ps3 is a bit laggy at times and has all music. 

psxdriverplayer
44 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Are ye trying to make me get moar versions than what I already have? That's the greatest track in the game to me.

-We Japanese give life no importance. -Master
-Then why did you ask for help when you were drowning, eh? -Sonny

spacer.png

PlayStation™

Licensed by

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

SCEI™

Local man has a YouTube channel containing stuff

Big_Smiley
19 hours ago, psxdriverplayer said:

Are ye trying to make me get moar versions than what I already have? That's the greatest track in the game to me.

Everyone has their own favorite track in the game. SA without Tupac, Rage against the machine, Ozzy osbourne to me ain't the same as these are my top three of my own favorites. Still surprises me to this day that the Isley brothers were left intact for the new releases me being a major oldie head but can't say the same for my man James brown resting in funky paradise. Always have my PS2 for CJ jam on those. Though removed music or not, I would still rather have a stable nice playable version like the PS4 that has everything intact regarding no bugs whatsoever compared to all remaster versions. 

Edited by Big_Smiley

On 5/30/2021 at 2:13 AM, Xiled said:

The ps2 version on ps4 is actually emulated ps2 version and upscaled but with the removed music.

Could of had something to do with Sony wanting to sell SA, VC, and 3 for $15 each. :D

I happen to have a lot of gta sa versions even android version but will refuse to get those sh*t mobile ports for 360 and ps3. 

Excluding pc versions to make it easy.

I happen to play the ps4 version the most because of recording ability of ps4. 

But for the version I would play the most excluding pc and after ps4 would be the original Xbox > ps2 > ps2 classics version on ps3 because of. These last 3 have all of there music. 

Ps4 version has a bit of input lag. Can't handle as many vehicles spawned as on ps2. Has this weird ass sound when the game is paused. Sounds kind of like once of them fancy newer trucks with that weird air sound backing up noise but like 2x a second. 

Xbox has quickest loading times and just works with all music

PS2 just works with all music

PS2 classics version on ps3 is a bit laggy at times and has all music. 

I've had one instance where the radio changed the song I was listening to on RLS, playing the PS2 classics version but nothing more than what is expected from the original. After playing 100% on PS4, I've gotten adjusted to when to expect frame drops. Trying it out on PS5, it's quite a nice surprise when you're expecting the frames to drop yet everything remains smooth. 3 and VC still have small fps drops on the new console, though. I'm still disappointed that Sony never allowed using PS2 discs on PS4 even though the console is able to read most PS2 games

Edited by GTA_dog
Rewording

• 2 weeks later...
theweekforme

I find the remastered version to not look good. especially when it comes to the reflection of the cars and windows. They look so weird and disturbing to my eyes. I'd prefer the non remastered version than the remastered one.

On 6/14/2021 at 2:32 PM, theweekforme said:

They look so weird and disturbing to my eyes.

I agree about this but coming off of every character looking like they were dipped in oil :lol: I'm not sure how making every character alog with every single NPC in the game look shiny was considered great looking. They already had the perfect models on each character after actually having separated fingers. Had they only ditched the gloss look.