4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Rdr online any good?

Fadgaba-Jones

Fadgaba-Jones

I havent bothered with it. Okay I did some shootouts. Deathmatch that is. But that is 2 years ago and I wonder if the multiplayer evolved to something like gta online.

Doing real missions. Building a gang or something. 

1 minute ago, Fadgaba-Jones said:

I wonder if the multiplayer evolved to something like gta online.

Only in ways most of us wish it hadn't.

But there's plenty to keep you busy if you're just starting.

• Like 3

Fadgaba-Jones
Just now, 1898 said:

Only in ways most of us wish it hadn't.

But there's plenty to keep you busy if you're just starting.

Yes just starting. It kinda bugs me that single player campaign is so depressing.

That the gang splits up. Gets killed. Arthur dies.

I would like to have my own character then.

Can I do stuff like animal hunting and customization like in single player?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Fadgaba-Jones said:

Yes just starting. It kinda bugs me that single player campaign is so depressing.

That the gang splits up. Gets killed. Arthur dies.

I would like to have my own character then.

Can I do stuff like animal hunting and customization like in single player?

Yes to both, definitely take on the Trader Roles, Bounty Hunter and Moonshiner.  I didn't like Naturalist at all but that's just me.

Edited by 1898
  • Like 1
  • Best Bru 1

Fadgaba-Jones
3 minutes ago, 1898 said:

Yes to both, definitely take on the Trader Roles, Bounty Hunter and Moonshiner.  I didn't like Naturalist at all but that's just me.

Cheers. Thanks for the info. I will get into rdr online.

I really liked levelling up in rdr 1 multiplayer.

• Like 2

UltimateAntic

Depends on what you define as "real" missions. There are story missions and lots of Strangers mission (each stranger has its own unique intro cutscene). There is also some stuff to do now as there are multiple roles but it may get repetitive after a while with not much stuff to spend the cash on.

There is also an upcoming DLC which lays the focus on criminal missions, though we do not yet know what this will be like.

If you enjoy "real missions" then there are A Land of Opportunities story missions, which are enjoyable and touch briefly on mechanics that aren't quite used to in RDO yet - e.g. heists. They feature honor system and require you to make choices in certain circumstances. Some of the missions are only available when you are low honor player. There are also story missions in the Moonshine role, which are a bit less sophisticated but still fun at least for a while. I would even include Legendary bounties in the "real mission" category since a lot of them are quite elaborate and much more unique than normal bounties. There is a lot of them for you to play through.

There are also Stranger missions but you will get bored of those pretty fast. They don't pay a lot either. Then there are telegram missions that are basically stranger missions that get progressively harder after each completion (there are 3 available difficulties). The third telegram mission is kinda interesting so be sure to check it out.

As a new player you will have quite a bit of interesting content to go through that should keep you busy for a while.

• Like 2

JohnDekkers
Posted (edited)

It's pretty good, been playing this since Febuary 15 , though the background is the most beautifull I've seen since The Witcher 3 game, and the Multiplayer missions and Role progressions are great aswell, the game screams for further development.....the game doesn't seem to evolve very much....which it kind of needs , hopefully the next update will add the needed content , to make this game evolve some more.

Edited by JohnDekkers
  • Like 3

DarksunDaFirst
21 hours ago, 1898 said:

Naturalist isn’t as fun as the other roles, but more engaging that Collector and less profitable.  

The main reason to pursue Naturalist role is to get those Legendary-skins to wear.  They’re all awesome, but the variety of clothing that they’re based on is lacking - and none are really meant for warm weather.

Lonely-Martin

The jury's still out on that one. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 9:31 PM, Fadgaba-Jones said:

I havent bothered with it. Okay I did some shootouts. Deathmatch that is. But that is 2 years ago and I wonder if the multiplayer evolved to something like gta online.

Doing real missions. Building a gang or something. 

Provided you have 15 gold bars :). Still nothing compared to GTA online

FRIDA_KAHLO

> Can I do stuff like animal hunting and customization like in single player?

You can customize your guns and your self and use them together to hunt animals. But - to your point, I guess nobody knows, if they can do stuff like animal hunting, until they give it a go. Now it's up to you - Will you, Fadgaba-Jones, come online and hunt animals and stuff?

I never played RDR 1 online; but in more hours, I'll wager, than any sane player who finished that game, I ultimately was about 75% the way through. Now the reason why that is, two things about that. First, that's a heck of a lot more than the <1% of Arthur's story I am at. The new story simply did not hook me one bit, not yet anyway. But I liked the John Marsten story. Well, the reason I play the game so damn much though is because I liked hunting and selling and playing poker to all hours even better. That and doing a bunch of stupid stuff.

And due to my unique qualifications, reality interceded, such that I am here to tell you, that the RDO animal hunting is up to snuff.

Edited by FRIDA_KAHLO
Will you, Fadgaba-Jones, come online and hunt animals and stuff

I've said it before, and it bears repeating:

Finding what you enjoy about RDO is the key to enjoying the experience.

Do what you like, and don't feel obligated to do the rest.

Take your time and actually enjoy the environment, the pace, etc.

There's lots to do for a new player, but that will run out if you rush it, and there's not much to buy after you've equipped yourself as you wish.

So don't hurry, you don't need to buy everything, and enjoy the ride.

TheOriginalGunslinger

I personally prefer OG RDR Multiplayer but RDO has its moments. The hunting is pretty fun at times in RDO. I’m not looking through nostalgia lens either because I tend to hop on OG RDR Multiplayer every once in a while and I still have fun playing it if some buddies are online. I honestly don’t have that type of feeling when I hop on to play RDO. It’s kinda like a “meh” sometimes.

• Like 2

TheOriginalGunslinger
38 minutes ago, kcole4001 said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. :^:

JohnDekkers
39 minutes ago, kcole4001 said:

I've said it before, and it bears repeating:

There's lots to do for a new player, but that will run out if you rush it, and there's not much to buy after you've equipped yourself as you wish.

This game is brilliant, yet it's missing something

2 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

I second that.

• Like 4

On 6/10/2021 at 10:26 AM, kcole4001 said:

And realizing that what other players enjoy is trying to prevent you from doing what you like ;)

That is the one thing I find goofy about RDO. I think Rockstar didn't realize it isn't GTAO and lots of players don't want to

deal with random PVP in just doing roles/freeroam stuff; there is more than enough PVP in stuff you can select to do.

At least it isn't THAT bad on Xbox One, but it can still be jarring. Most of the time no one messes with me. It is so weird

when once in a blue moon someone blows up your local trader delivery, or moonshine wagon, because they can. Or you are

out OBVIOUSLY digging up a collectable, and someone decides to snip you; that isn't even enough for them, they come and kill you

a few more times for the heck of it. I'd like to just message them, "Hey, if you are that much better at PVP than I am you should just

be doing many of the PVP things that you can quick join in this game! ;)   " But I don't want to give them the satisfaction, since the

griefer's aim is to get your goat. It is fun to fast travel from wilderness camp, when they do that *poof, magic trick!*

Then there are some non-pvp things I'd do more, like horse racing, except Rockstar either encourages or just allows a PVP

element to be in them.

I actually like Online more than the single player game, since I can have my own character and a hunting wagon and stuff. I'm

still only about 39 percent in single play, since I got sidetracked when the online beta came out (couple years ago, I lose track ;) )

Edited by Krommer

16 minutes ago, Krommer said:

I actually like Online more than the single player game, since I can have my own character

There seem to be very few people who agree with this--but I am one who does. And having my own character is one of the main reasons.

Edited by netnow66

8 hours ago, Krommer said:

And realizing that what other players enjoy is trying to prevent you from doing what you like ;)

That is the one thing I find goofy about RDO. I think Rockstar didn't realize it isn't GTAO and lots of players don't want to

deal with random PVP in just doing roles/freeroam stuff; there is more than enough PVP in stuff you can select to do.

That's why I play solo only.

I haven't found people hassling me all that common on PC, and easily solved when it does happen, but it's the cheaters that ruin everything.

===============

8 hours ago, Krommer said:

I actually like Online more than the single player game, since I can have my own character and a hunting wagon and stuff. I'm

still only about 39 percent in single play, since I got sidetracked when the online beta came out (couple years ago, I lose track ;) )

8 hours ago, netnow66 said:

There seem to be very few people who agree with this--but I am one who does. And having my own character is one of the main reasons.

Same for me, single player feels too limiting, especially not being able to travel out west or buy certain weapons.

Just knowing I can't do certain things is frustrating.

I'm at 35% and likely to stay there.

In RDO it's my character and I go where I want whenever I want.

I finished the story and loved it before RDO launched, but I haven't been back since. 

poland stronk

it's sh*t.

PvP in this game? Everyone runs Paint it Black or plays with controller, people spawn behind you in dedicated modes and overall the death and post-match screens are toxic.

Farming? Nothing to do, hours of grinding when there are MMOs that offer you more things to buy to flash your status and commitment.

Stuff to do? You can do that in single-player and judging by the quality of updates to GTA: Online I expect Red Dead will get the same treatment.

It's sh*t through and through. Don't waste your time. The game is rigged for MTX, people were stubborn enough to dismiss it in GTA:O so now Rockstar is off the leash and hitting it without lube.

clinical oppression

Its ok ....slow paced.....easy to make money . I have played about 10 hours in the last year cuz I hit 130k and nothing left to do really . Unless I wanna role play as Griefer Sutherland