4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Dismemberment GTA VI

FranklinsChop

FranklinsChop

Will GTA Vi have dismemberment like GTA III?

Totallycasual

Lets hope that they mix enough Red Dead 2 into GTAVI (and the GTAV remaster) for us to get head+limb removals with targeted shots of the right power.  I also hope that we can pick up bodies like in Red Dead 2, i'd love to cruise around in a pickup truck and keep loading my kills into the back lol 

juansero29

Since it was put in the game engine that powered RDR2 and the most likely thing to happen is that they continue on building up from this version of the engine for future Rockstar video games, then yes, it will probably happen :) 

Racecarlock

I don't see why not. I mean, RDR 2 pulled that off well, so there's no reason GTA V couldn't.

I think they will downgrade it this time, just look at GTA V, it didn't have the gore of RDR1 or Max Payne 3, mostly likely because of the tone of the franchise, the gore in the 3D era was more cartoony than anything.

• Like 4

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)

They've toned down the gore in line with how cartoonish vs realistic the games are. GTA has a more light hearted tone than a game like RDR and mass murder happens more often with much lighter consequences so graphic gore would come off as more gratuitous than it does in RDR (where there's heavier consequences and it comes off more as just part of realism in the same way hunting animations etc do). 

If they had dismemberment it wouldn't be "like in GTA III" because GTA III is a far more cartoonish and less realistic game. It would be a lot more disturbing in a modern GTA game with modern graphics and realistic humans, more like a horror game or something. I wouldn't mind them increasing the detail a bit but I doubt they'll go all in with gore and dismemberment, simply because it probably wouldn't fit the tone they want for GTA. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely want to see high powered weapons and explosives rip through peds, cops and gang members. 

• Like 2

Acetaminophen

I hope its at least on the level of RDR2 

• Like 2

Geisterfaust
On 5/23/2021 at 3:29 PM, Orbea Occam said:

Give me 5 minutes I'll phone Sam and ask him.

Don't bother, he said yesterday that he's going to leave on vacation and not taking any calls. Try DMing him, maybe he will respond then.

• Like 3

GTA3Rockstar
On 5/24/2021 at 3:45 AM, The Tracker said:

I think they will downgrade it this time, just look at GTA V, it didn't have the gore of RDR1 or Max Payne 3, mostly likely because of the tone of the franchise, the gore in the 3D era was more cartoony than anything.

The difference between GTAV and RDR1 was the size. GTAV was huge and pushed the limits of the 360/PS3 so they had to dumb things down.

This time around, they can make everything happen because of the technology we have.

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2021 at 9:24 PM, GTA3Rockstar said:

The difference between GTAV and RDR1 was the size. GTAV was huge and pushed the limits of the 360/PS3 so they had to dumb things down.

This time around, they can make everything happen because of the technology we have.

Maybe, but I don't see a GTA game being as gruesome as RDR2, they might overhaul the bullet wounds, blood details and euphoria, but I think a graphical dismemberment system wouldn't suit the tone of GTA, IMO, unless they head to a IV esque direction again, I might be proven wrong though.

EDIT: User GTK0HLK has unrealistic expectations.

Edited by The Tracker

GTA3Rockstar
Just now, The Tracker said:

Maybe, but who knows, I don't see a GTA game being as gruesome as RDR2, they might overhaul the bullet wounds, blood details and euphoria, but I think a graphical dismemberment system wouldn't suit the tone of GTA, IMO, unless they head to a IV esque direction again. Who knows, I might be proven wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if this E&E update includes an improvement to the gore system.

Just have to see

6 hours ago, Geisterfaust said:

Don't bother, he said yesterday that he's going to leave on vacation and not taking any calls. Try DMing him, maybe he will respond then.

oKm8

• KEKW 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's impossible to know but I would like having the possibility to maim my victims, even more if I can explode the corpses like in Half-Life.

IvanPaskhin

В игре есть возрастное ограничение. Если вам нравится GTA lll играть в нее, зачем делать это в новой части GTA?

Hopefully it will and I want to be able to go and decapitate a NPC's Head or their other limbs similar to Witcher 3 and Middle Earth Shadow of War and also the gore should be like Last of Us 2. RDR2 gore was great but TLOU2 is literally way better from what I've seen.

On 5/24/2021 at 5:53 PM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

They've toned down the gore in line with how cartoonish vs realistic the games are. GTA has a more light hearted tone than a game like RDR and mass murder happens more often with much lighter consequences so graphic gore would come off as more gratuitous than it does in RDR (where there's heavier consequences and it comes off more as just part of realism in the same way hunting animations etc do). 

If they had dismemberment it wouldn't be "like in GTA III" because GTA III is a far more cartoonish and less realistic game. It would be a lot more disturbing in a modern GTA game with modern graphics and realistic humans, more like a horror game or something. I wouldn't mind them increasing the detail a bit but I doubt they'll go all in with gore and dismemberment, simply because it probably wouldn't fit the tone they want for GTA. 

That's it. One thing I thought if GTA has dismemberment is how it would look like in a mass murder scenario, like a player collecting many people at once to explode them with grenade. It just too disturbing and unhealthy for average GTA players. R* definitely need to tone it down, even though it will be unrealistic.

I really hope it does. This is a violent game and its sad that there is no slice and dice when it comes to combat. Im so glad for the excellent dismemberment mod for GTA5. They should ramp it up in VI with realistic slide and dice and Trantino-movie style blood spurts. If any of you have seen the epic scene in Rambo 4 and the .50 cal...thats what we need! 

Unfortunately I dont think this will ever happen. So its back to opening up with heavy snipers and .50 cals and NPCs staying in one piece.

Edited by KatanaDV20

Im a huge gorehound, but I think we wont get dismemberment in GTA. Its Just to Close to reality.Even the Rating Boards make a big difference between Fantasy/historical settings and realistic/Modern Times settings, when it comes to gore and I can See the point in this...