2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Which vehicle is the worst to drive?

BennyGod

Everyone hates the Super GT. While it handles horribly, it has decent speed, and isn't too bad on straight roads. I feel like people hate it so much because of the Driving School mission. What's your least favorite vehicle to drive?

The Super GT is awful. I make it my mission to get all silver medals in the driving school before leaving just so I have something else to drive away as a reward. I also have some moderate dislike for the Sabre which seems to fishtail for me at every corner, no matter how careful I am. I would forgive it 100% if we could get the Sabre Turbo which makes up for the oversteer but no.

DabefoVercetti

For me, the Phoenix has poor weight distribution which makes it unstable and prone to cornering, not to mention oversteer.

The mower, if youve played the samp event where you go down a slope with the mower then you`ll know what im talking about.

The packer can't make it up certain areas or as efficiently.

I don't blame it too much but if you ever tried, you'll feel some resentment.

Edited by Robin3sk

Nothing is as awful as GTA III's Landstalker.

But yeah, Super GT is pretty bad. The rest is okay given their uses - Perennial is an old car, Tractor is a tractor - both slow, but it matches their character. Super GT on another hand is a sports car, but handles like crap.

I was never super impressed with a go kart, it is just... weird. I never drove one in real life, but there is just something wrong about it in the game.

10 minutes ago, Lioshenka said:

Nothing is as awful as GTA III's Landstalker.

But yeah, Super GT is pretty bad. The rest is okay given their uses - Perennial is an old car, Tractor is a tractor - both slow, but it matches their character. Super GT on another hand is a sports car, but handles like crap.

I was never super impressed with a go kart, it is just... weird. I never drove one in real life, but there is just something wrong about it in the game.

It has very fast turning and is very low on the ground.

universetwisters
4 hours ago, AIcatraz said:

The mower, if youve played the samp event where you go down a slope with the mower then you`ll know what im talking about.

This

I feel like the Mower and the streetsweeper were thrown into SA just for the meme 

GhettoJesus

My pick would be the Flipstalker I mean Landstalker. Hands down worst car to drive. If you want to a stylish SUV the Huntley outperforms the Landstalker in pretty much everything in my experience + it doesn't flip over at the slightest turn.

K2yjoYK.png

Super GT, Clover and Manana. The first has the worst handling, and the other 2 are slower than a slug with salt hahaha.

CarlJohnson92

You film and say if you’re really crazy. Dude,

you are bad, you don't know how to drive properly at the super gt driving school.

GhettoJesus
7 hours ago, Kamus89 said:

Super GT, Clover and Manana. The first has the worst handling, and the other 2 are slower than a slug with salt hahaha.

The Clover is actually quite fast. It's actually faster than the Uranus which is a sports car.

Edited by GhettoJesus

K2yjoYK.png

CryptReaperDorian

People mention the handling of the Super GT, which is kind of crap, but it's ultimately worse since it's a sports car, which means its crash resistance is also poor. It's perfectly fine for straight roads and highways, but anything technical and it's going up in flames faster than just about anything else I can think of. After some time, it also started to crash my PS2 version of GTA SA when I used it (on the main file at least).

I still have to give my vote to the Walton, as on that other thread. Many other low-performing vehicles are more for the novelty/meme/fun factor, which is totally acceptable. The Walton is definitely one of the more frustrating "serious" vehicles to utilize, in my opinion.

Somebody mentioned the Vortex, and I'm inclined to agree from a mostly technical perspective. The version of the game I started playing on meant I was prone to crashes if I ever tried to get out/off whilst moving. This meant that I'd actively avoid it, even though it's a neat novelty vehicle with some unique properties. It's fine as a vehicle but it fairs far better on the water than on land. Even now, whenever I see it I'm thrown back to 2005 when I'd lose progress from experiencing a freeze.

I read this thread yesterday and was quite suprised. I remember driving the super gt and thinking it looked cool and was an alright car but god i played last night and i was dissapointedly suprised it barely turns

On 5/21/2021 at 6:30 AM, Lucas wester said:

I read this thread yesterday and was quite suprised. I remember driving the super gt and thinking it looked cool and was an alright car but god i played last night and i was dissapointedly suprised it barely turns

Most people tend to forget that it's a total bitch when it comes to handling since they only remember the Super GT because it's a cool looking Sports car.

I'd much rather drive something like a ZR-250 Instead of a Super GT, or even an Admiral. City Slicking (driving school in SF) using the Super GT was... Super annoying.

On 5/21/2021 at 4:09 AM, GhettoJesus said:

The Clover is actually quite fast. It's actually faster than the Uranus which is a sports car.

It's depends in wich car you are familiarized, i prefer the Uranus than the Clover, that also have an awful handling.

GhettoJesus
37 minutes ago, Kamus89 said:

It's depends in wich car you are familiarized, i prefer the Uranus than the Clover, that also have an awful handling.

Uh not really? Speed doesn't depend on familiarity. If you race them in a straight line the Clover will win.

K2yjoYK.png

• 2 weeks later...

Super GT - This car seems like it has no tire threads and loses traction coming through corner, you need to let off the throttle at some point to control the car. I feel like no other car oversteers more than the Super GT, very tail-happy. Thank god R* buffed it in GTA IV. It seems to me that R* was trying to imitate the snap oversteer of the real-life Toyota MR-2 (the car that Super GT seems to be based on). 

Picador - Handles like barge especially even at low speeds, I hate the understeer.

Savanna - Has similar issues to the Picador, although it is faster. I would rather have a Voodoo over this. 

Landstalker - This thing is literally the basketball of all vehicles knowing that it likes to bounce around so much, the wheels just feel so elastic. Rancher, Huntley, and even the rare Sandking are much better choices, even walking is would be better. 

The savanna is the best car in the game when it comes to flipping and being a pain. 

4 hours ago, Xiled said:

The savanna is the best car in the game when it comes to flipping and being a pain. 

I don't recall it flipping in my experience but the steering just felt so numb you had to permeate into the "W" key. 

billiejoearmstrong8

I hate driving any supercar in SA tbh, horrible handling.

Also the Perennial. It's not as bad as it is in VC but I still hate it.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Evil empire

Probably the super GT, at least talking about the vehicles that are supposed to be agreable to drive.

Having to complete the last mission of the driving school "driving" that Super heap of rubbish garbage $hit GT is an ordeal.

CynicalMexican

Super GT was awful. In terms of handling I'm definitely gonna also agree and add the Clover. Fast but it was a nightmare to handle. 

LeatherJacketSoldier

I only drive the Super GT in City Slicking, and when I need a car and I'm near the school. You all seem to be too noob at driving, because I can control that car perfectly, I never got less than silver in City Slicking. Only situation I grab the Bullet over the Super GT, is when I manage to get silver in Cone Coil (that lesson is insanely hard for me). Returning to the topic, the worst vehicle to drive is the Blade: only two doors (it's not even worth using as a troop carrier), when you want to turn around a corner it does an almost-360º spin, it looks way awful compared to the Savanna, poor top speed, and poor damage resistance. And it's followed by the Bike: slowest top speed (when you're not tapping W) of the three bicycles, horrendous frame, useless backrest (seriously, you don't even need a backrest when riding a bicycle), and misshapen handlebar. Hell, when I'm in Angel Pine and I need a ride, I prefer to go walking (yes, while pressing Alt) over hijacking a Bike that godd*mn slowly passes by my side.

Super GT for me. Not because of the driving school, it isn't even necessary to get gold for the 100% completion of the game. The real pain in the ass is when you must win a race called "Freeway", and you need to be the 1st, and they give you a Super GT to race against much better cars like Bullets and Turismos. Damn how I hate that race. Also, in the PS2 version (that is avaliable on PS3 and PS4 as well) you can do the timer glitch for the driving school and get the gold easy. Freeway, on the other hand....... 

I'd say the buccaneer thing looks nice but handles like it has soap bars for wheels. 

LeatherJacketSoldier
7 hours ago, Ltzsche said:

Super GT for me. Not because of the driving school, it isn't even necessary to get gold for the 100% completion of the game. The real pain in the ass is when you must win a race called "Freeway", and you need to be the 1st, and they give you a Super GT to race against much better cars like Bullets and Turismos. Damn how I hate that race. Also, in the PS2 version (that is avaliable on PS3 and PS4 as well) you can do the timer glitch for the driving school and get the gold easy. Freeway, on the other hand....... 

You aren't aware of something: NPC racers never put their cars at top speed, so racing against Bullet's, Turismo's, Euros' or other far better cars ain't a problem at least in 3D Era. You only have to focus on not crashing; going at top speed whenever you can comes naturally, almost by instinct. If you manage to go through the race without losing time by crashing against m*ron civilian cars or walls (or even the other racers), you'll eventually win (a rough 95% of chances to win, depends also on weather at least in LCS, not sure about SA).

And seeing how everyone but me hates the car, it came to my mind that R* just called the car "Super GT" because it's spelled exactly like "Super Sh*tty". Another car name joke from R*, just like "Mañana" (Manana for english-speakers).