1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

should there be a therapist that you can talk to?

Lemoyne outlaw

Lemoyne outlaw

so gta 5 was unique in adding a lot of things to the series. and one thing i liked was michael talking to dr friedlander. it was very entertaining. and it also gave us some interesting backstory on michael. and i thought it was a nice addition. so i am wondering. should they do another therapist character that our protagonist can talk to? i would love to see it again. i know it might not add anything to the gameplay. but its a nice story element. and im sure rockstar could come up with a realistic reason for seeing a therapist. so what do you think. should they add therapy sessions to the game? or not?

Racecarlock

Could be interesting, but it would require some really good writing in order to not be boring.

Having a therapist to talk to made sense in Michael's case, but it's kind of hard to imagine it in the case of other characters. Not every character is the type of a person who would visit therapists, let alone as often as Michael. Personally, I like the therapist sessions in V because they fit Michael's character, but it's not something I'd miss if it's not in GTA VI. If it fits some character's personality, then by all means bring it back, but otherwise I am against it. 

Lemoyne outlaw
2 minutes ago, 0909090 said:

Having a therapist to talk to made sense in Michael's case, but it's kind of hard to imagine it in the case of other characters. Not every character is the type of a person who would visit therapists, let alone as often as Michael. Personally, I like the therapist sessions in V because they fit Michael's character, but it's not something I'd miss if it's not in GTA VI. If it fits some character's personality, then by all means bring it back, but otherwise I am against it. 

yes you are right. but a lot of our protagonists in these games could use therapy. like niko who clearly has his problems with the war. we could have a new protagonist who is a veteran. and uses a therapist. or maybe our protagonist has a traumatic childhood or backstory that a therapist is needed.

If the protagonist is another average bloke who suddenly thrown into crime world, then a therapist would work. If he's completely into crime since like very young, then I don't see why he need a therapy.

But we need someone better than Mr. Friedlander, who is not annoying nor a creep.

Thomas Cavendish
Posted (edited)

Again?
I don't want to play the same game after 10 years.
Let's move on. New ideas. New characters. New situations.
Arthur Morgan talks to Mary Beth and others to show us his feelings, his doubts. Also some narration between some missions.
There are many ways to do it without repeating a pattern.

Edited by Thomas Cavendish
  • Like 4
Shyabang Shyabang

Speaking of therapists, Dr. Friedlander in GTA V reminds me of Dr. Freedman in MASH.

Lemoyne outlaw
3 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Again?
I don't want to play the same game after 10 years.
Let's move on. New ideas. New characters. New situations.
Arthur Morgan talks to Mary Beth and others to show us his feelings, his doubts. Also some narration between some missions.
There are many ways to do it without repeating a pattern.

its not like it would be gta 5. all i said is i liked this particular feature and i would like it back. if you said that then gta would not have its famous formula we love. there will always be stuff that they bring back from previous games. you make it sound like bringing back one feature will turn it into gta 5. im not saying that it needs to be michael with dr friedlander. and plus it would be optional. so you would never have to worry about it.

I mean, I liked the therapist stuff but I don't really see a reason to repeat it. Like Thomas Cavendish said, there's plenty of ways to have a character get stuff off of their chest without literally redoing the last game's method. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Shyabang Shyabang said:

Speaking of therapists, Dr. Friedlander in GTA V reminds me of Dr. Freedman in MASH.

He even looks similar.

• Like 1

The whole thing of Michael taking to a therapist in GTA V was very forgettable. It added nothing to the story and just seemed like a forced attempt to make Michael like some super interesting and unique protagonist that we've never seen before, when in fact he was the most boring playable character in a GTA game thus far. 

Lemoyne outlaw
59 minutes ago, Orbea Occam said:

The whole thing of Michael taking to a therapist in GTA V was very forgettable. It added nothing to the story and just seemed like a forced attempt to make Michael like some super interesting and unique protagonist that we've never seen before, when in fact he was the most boring playable character in a GTA game thus far. 

lol how is michael the most boring protagonist? sure he is not my favorite protagonist either. but dont forget about claude a protagonist that cant even speak. and has no real backstory. even vercetti is more boring to me than michael. and as for the therapist. its optional so if they had it in gta 6 you dont have to use it.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Lemoyne outlaw said:

lol how is michael the most boring protagonist? sure he is not my favorite protagonist either. but dont forget about claude a protagonist that cant even speak. and has no real backstory. even vercetti is more boring to me than michael. and as for the therapist. its optional so if they had it in gta 6 you dont have to use it.

Please log out. 

Lemoyne outlaw
Just now, Orbea Occam said:

Please log out. 

so are you salty just because i gave my opinion? i think you should log out if you get upset just by seeing someones opinion. i have plenty of characters that i like but people hate. but i still dont insult them for their opinion. grow up.

• Realistic Steak! 1
universetwisters

They should make you play as the therapist in VI

• Like 1