1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI Cars' Physics

mrwolf425

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cosworth said:

Yes they do. Don't try to explain the physics of the game that I've been playing for 8 years lmao.

Okay I won't. It's not worth my time anyway.

Edited by Yinepi

I'd like if driving physics were more realistic than in GTA 5.Old cars from the 80s and earlier could have a wobbly boat-like handling of GTA 4 cars,while newer cars could have stiffer suspension,and handling maybe similar to GTA SA car handling.As for motorcycles,I'd personally like to see bike physics and handling similar to GTA SA,even with mid 2000s technology in my opinion they made the best bikes physics so far (in GTA 4 the bikes feel kinda sluggish,and in GTA 5 bikes are completely wrong,most of them can't do a rolling burnout,they accelerate while pulling a wheelie,jump by crashing into stuff while pulling a wheelie,and handle like they're on rails during snow days in Online).

Vehicle damage should be realistic,but not so realistic that it would ruin the gameplay.A car or a bike being completely destroyed in a single crash at higher speeds while running from the cops or chasing someone would make playing the game too difficult.They should find a balance.

I also agree that having a car trunk or motorcycle saddlebags function as a mobile gun locker similar to horse saddlebags in RDR 2 would be a great feature.In my opinion it would be ideal if we could own all weapons,but only carry one of each category like in older GTA games,with others being stored in protagonist's personal vehicles (and also safehouses).That would make players strategize more,because you'd have to pick the right gun for the situation,such as picking a machine gun for missions where you fight many enemy NPCs and RPG for missions where you're taking out enemies in vehicles.Storing outfits in vehicles like you could store them in horse saddlebags in RDR 2 would be great too.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

There are a few problems with the vehicle physics in GTA V.

First and foremost, the collision damage is as everyone know's worse than in GTA IV. Now bear in mind that GTA IV was released over twelve years ago. If anything has to be fixed it's the collision damage. There is no need to go into details with this one. You car drive a race car in full speed right into a concrete wall and it will make a little dent, but that's about it. There has to be a balance of course - your car being ruined for minor crashes is going too far - but I think the collision damage in gta iv was very balanced. Improved collision damage would also make armor updates and rollcage to your vehicle make more sense since they actually would offer very important protection.

Secondly, the traction is a bit off in GTA V. The handling for cars (on asphalt) is actually more realsitic than in gta iv - taking sharp turns in GTA IV makes you more or less lose control over the car. It actually reminds me of driving a boat more than driving a car. Motorcycles in particular was a nightmare in gta iv and making sharp turns with them was more difficult than with cars. Makes no sense at all if you've ever been driving a motorcycle or even a moped. But as soon as you use cars offroad in GTA V you'll see that sport cars handles better offroad than offroad vehicles. You can literally drive up for steep hills and make large jumps in between. If you land on the roof no worries - go left or right with the stick and the car will magically turn back on its wheels - unless your car explodes because you landed on the roof.... a feature which I don't like at all. It would make more sense if the car was compressed and cause you to die than the whole car exploading.

Edited by Cyper
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2021 at 4:17 PM, Yinepi said:

Okay I won't. It's not worth my time anyway.

It definitely isn't worth it for sure. Because someone favoring V's driving physics has no clue what he's talking about.

On 6/3/2021 at 2:50 PM, bakerach said:

You've been playing for 8 years but you think the Phantom and the Banshee handle similarly?  Lmao.

It's pretty obvious that I used that sentence as a reference for how sh*tty the physics are but you preferred to not understand it.

Edited by Cosworth
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Cosworth said:

It definitely isn't worth it for sure. Because someone favoring V's driving physics has no clue what he's talking about.

That doesn't make sense. Wouldn't someone that favors V driving physics actually know what they're talking about when it comes to the handling of the banshee and phantom in V?

You act like you're right but we all know you're wrong. A simple look into the handling files will tell you that, no, they do not handle "exactly the same".

Edited by Yinepi
1 hour ago, Yinepi said:

That doesn't make sense. Wouldn't someone that favors V driving physics actually know what they're talking about when it comes to the handling of the banshee and phantom in V?

You act like you're right but we all know you're wrong. A simple look into the handling files will tell you that, no, they do not handle "exactly the same".

Then 2nd part of my previous post answers that as well:

2 hours ago, Cosworth said:

It's pretty obvious that I used that sentence as a reference for how sh*tty the physics are but you preferred to not understand it.

Posted (edited)

I understood you fully. You said that they handle exactly the same, which is not true. Quit trying to move the goalposts.

Edited by Yinepi
Adrenalist

Wheelspin 

brake fade

if this were set modern, I’d say child safety locks. A bro that stole cars back in the day (when child safety locks first came out) stole a car and him and two friends hauled ass when they saw some cops. The cops gave chase and my bro floored it and after careening a few near misses landed in a ditch. He bailed and ran. He eventually got to his house. His bro’s were far less fortunate, as they struggled to open their doors cussing and screaming while the cops were running up on them. They were only able to get a few hundred yards before they were caught after they fought each other to get out of the open driver’s door 😂

• KEKW 1

As someone who is a car enthusiast and has years of experience on the track, personally I couldn't imagine having realistic driving aspect in a GTA game. I don't even want it because when I play GTA games, I use a keyboard and a mouse, not a steering wheel, shifter and pedals. If I want realism, I will get in my car and drive, I won't play games on a PC.

As far as my driving taste goes when it comes to all GTA games so far, I prefer GTA SA driving physics the most which again has nothing to with realism, it's just my personal game mechanic preference.

• Like 1

I hope it's a similar driving experience to L.A. Noire, in my opinion it's the most realistic driving experience so far in a Rockstar game, not like GTA IV, where the cars looked like they had their suspension smashed.

NightmanCometh96

While I'd prefer something leaning more towards IV than V, the former's vehicle handling is still so polarizing of a design choice even today that this probably won't be the case. With that in mind, I do hope R* goes with some sort of happy medium between the two. No matter how VI's driving mechanics turn out, I could at least do without V's instant vehicle destruction from not landing perfectly and/or windshield ejection that kills the player far more often than it does in IV. 

Edited by NightmanCometh96