3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[GTA SA] I cant download mods.

Darwin232323

when I try to install mods, this message pops up,! Cannot execute "C: \ Users \ Lenovo \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ Rar $ EXa2964.20804 \ 182218-cleo-4.3.20-gtasa.exe" What should I do?

LeatherJacketSoldier
1 hour ago, Darwin232323 said:

What should I do?

Post this topic in the Modding forum.

That's a weird folder to put your downloads in, but if that's how you like it, I'll keep my mouth shut on that. Try running it as administrator. If you're in Windows 10 and a window pops up telling you the .exe was blocked for your safety, either make sure you downloaded CLEO from the official website or do this (in case you're sure you've got the official .exe) :

. Run cmd in administrator mode

. Using the "cd" command (use "help cd" to see how the command works), go to the folder where the .exe is in (inputting "dir" will show you the contents of the current folder)

. Write the full name of the file (the ".exe" part is not necessary unless you've got another file under the same name but with a different extension, like an image), then press enter

The installator should now open properly. Notice that this trick works with every program that Windows 10 blocks for safety reasons, even with Fraps when it's already installed, I discovered this trick trying to install both AutoCAD 2009 and Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2009.

Darwin232323
12 hours ago, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

That's a weird folder to put your downloads in, but if that's how you like it, I'll keep my mouth shut on that. Try running it as administrator. If you're in Windows 10 and a window pops up telling you the .exe was blocked for your safety, either make sure you downloaded CLEO from the official website or do this (in case you're sure you've got the official .exe) :

. Using the "cd" command (use "help cd" to see how the command works), go to the folder where the .exe is in (inputting "dir" will show you the contents of the current folder)

. Write the full name of the file (the ".exe" part is not necessary unless you've got another file under the same name but with a different extension, like an image), then press enter

The installator should now open properly. Notice that this trick works with every program that Windows 10 blocks for safety reasons, even with Fraps when it's already installed, I discovered this trick trying to install both AutoCAD 2009 and Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2009.

Thx!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
icebeeblue
On 5/13/2021 at 12:23 AM, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

I also had the same problem like this, thanks for helping.

• Like 1
On 5/12/2021 at 6:23 PM, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

That's a weird folder to put your downloads in, but if that's how you like it, I'll keep my mouth shut on that.

I'm guessing they ran the executable directly from the web without saving it on their computer.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
LeatherJacketSoldier
On 6/1/2021 at 1:18 PM, Lioshenka said:

I'm guessing they ran the executable directly from the web without saving it on their computer.

Ah, I think you're right, it's been too many years since I last opened a file on the web without saving it in my PC that I forgot completely files didn't need to be saved in order to open them.