1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

JB's DiRT-style Rally Events (PC)

JB94

Posted (edited)

Hello/ bonjour/ hola/ Привет ladies and gents 😊

I play a few games other than GTA and really love the DiRT/ DiRT rally series. One day, when exploring with a MK II Retinue, I found there are a few good trails which could make for good racing, so decided to develop a few events using the creator ^^ Thus far, they've generally been well received (the least popular is 65% at the time of writing) thus far, so if there are any rally racing fans about, then you may enjoy having a go at these events.

Unsurprisingly, all of the events are limited in which vehicles can be used, generally being limited to vehicles which you'd find in rallying games, though some silly additions have been allowed, along with bikes. Each event has been created and thoroughly tested, to try and make them not too frustrating to run, however I do welcome any feedback if you do manage to find a particularly jarring feature or something that could maybe be improved, in terms of prop layouts and checkpoint placing. These events can also be played with friends; I have set them all to non-contact by default, to allow for overtaking on the narrow trails and encourage competitive, clean racing. All of the events come with Elite Challenges that I've set, based on times that I can pull off with either a stock Retinue or MK II Retinue. In order to make the challenges accessible, I have added on some time 😊

A quick overview, in the order that I created them;

I do have some more finished, but to date, unpublished events that I'll add later as well. I hope you enjoy 😊

Edited by JB94
Updated notes and new event
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

North Chumash SS01

2_0.jpg

P4gZ9hGl.png

My very first event creation :)

Given Pro difficulty rating due to the very bumpy and rough surfaces that feature throughout the course. This event by default has rainy weather set, to further increase the challenge with reduced grip on the muddy sections. Generally speaking, a lap is around four minutes long, so by default the event is one lap long.

Elite challenge is four minutes without damage, but here are some benchmark times for the hardcore wheelmen and wheelwomen (based on what I can pull off with a modified vehicle in each respective class);

Sports Classics; 3m35s

Sports; 3m25s

Bikes; 3m19s

Off-road; 3m25s

I hope you enjoy :)

Edited by JBanton
Added sample image :)

Posted (edited)

North Chumash SS01 (R)

2_0.jpg

qKxFEEVl.png

Reversed route of the previously posted. Given Pro difficulty rating due to the very bumpy and rough surfaces that feature throughout the course. You'll be surprised just how different the experience of running the route in the opposite direction is. The section of the route before crossing under the bridge is particularly tricky, but very rewarding (timewise) once you've mastered it...

Elite challenge is four minutes without damage, but here are my personal challenge times;

Sports Classics; 3m30s (PB being 3m22s)

Sports; 3m22s (PB being 3m15.8s)

Bikes; 3m20s

Off-road; 3m20s

I hope you enjoy 😊

Edited by JB94
Updated PBs

Zancudo River SS01

2_0.jpg

1qwMPCKl.png

A nice twisty initial descent, followed by a quite open blast along the river next to the military base. Novice difficulty has been allocated as there's only one point along the route where you're at risk of flying off the track and blowing up. In order to reduce the amount of corner-cutting that's possible, the latter half of the route has a lot of rocks hidden in bushes, to catch out any over-opportunistic drivers 😝

Elite challenge is two minutes, fifty seconds without damage, but here are my personal challenge times;

Sports Classics; 2m42s (PB being 2m36s)

Sports; 2m35s (PB being 2m29s)

Bikes; 2m39 (PB being 2m33s) - the fast nature of the flat section means that the dirt bikes don't have the edge over the cars for once, heh

Off-road; 2m35s (PB being 2m25s)

I hope you enjoy 😊

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Among other things this weekend just gone, I updated some of the events, to make them a bit more forgiving and create a more "official/ sanctioned event" feel.

• North Chumash SS01 (R) now has dynamic protective barriers, to help prevent drivers flying off into the stream prior to the small bridge crossover. (I've done it many a time, overestimating the stopping power of my car's brakes 🙃😓) Some jarring fixtures have been removed and I've also removed the alternate route checkpoints, as I don't think they are of any value really.
  • Wind Farm SS02 now has a few more log pile barriers to help guide new contestants and also smaller dynamic barriers to help prevent drivers flying off on sharp blind corners.
  • A new event has been published! A tight gravel circuit route, with roughly 1 minute laps, which can be run with up to 14 players 😊
Edited by JB94
Added missing NC SS01R notes