4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[Bug Report] Camp NPC's think I'm Freezing

Scion Dracos

Scion Dracos

It's 95F in the shade and everyone from Mrs Grimshaw to Javier keep giving me grief about not dressing warm enough. This bug has been in the single player game since the update that ruined all the long term streaks, whenever that was. 
Can you folks please do something about it? (Or is it baked into my approaching 100% save?) I ask cos it's something that really leaves a bad taste in the mouth after a while. 
Anyway, cheers and carry on.

• 1 month later...
Scion Dracos
Posted (edited)

So after a year I'm guessing that R* isn't going to fix this bug. 
I just want it known that I think this is a disservice to this magnificent game. 
This one "bug" is so annoying that I've simply stopped returning to camp. 
So, once again, if there is anyone reading this message with the pull to make this happen I'd really like to encourage you to do so. 
Is it possible to just prevent all of those lines from triggering? They don't currently work and haven't for roughly a year so why not just disable them? 
I mean, just FYI, I like RDR2 so much that I've been considering purchasing GTA5... but if this is the kind of TLC you give your games I'm hesitant to do so. 
In any case, 
Cheers all and Rock On. 

Edited by Scion Dracos

It hasn't been a year. This bug was introduced with the update to the bounty hunter role, before Christmas. Just saying.

I do agree though, it's extremely annoying as a player, but I'm guessing as a developer it's not going to be very high on the priority list of fixes.

With all due respect the bug was introduced at the same time that all of the long-term streaks were done away with. I don't have an exact time frame but I stopped playing the game for nearly a year afterwards due to disgust and frustration. It's been around a LONG time. So long R* should really be embarassed by it. Especially considering how ON DISPLAY it is. Every player is aware of it.  

48 minutes ago, Scion Dracos said:

With all due respect the bug was introduced at the same time that all of the long-term streaks were done away with. I don't have an exact time frame but I stopped playing the game for nearly a year afterwards due to disgust and frustration. It's been around a LONG time. So long R* should really be embarassed by it. Especially considering how ON DISPLAY it is. Every player is aware of it.  

Um....no, it was introduced on the 1st of December update. It might "feel" like a year, but it's not.

It doesn't matter when it was introduced and is a petty thing to argue about. The issue is that it's a pain but R* seems to be totally focused with the online game and I wouldn't expect any action on the story side for the forseeable future, if ever.

• Like 1
On 6/11/2021 at 7:43 AM, nealmac said:

Um....no, it was introduced on the 1st of December update. It might "feel" like a year, but it's not.

Dude, the bug was introduced with the same update (or the one immediately following the update) that killed the long term streaks by RDO players and limited the streaks to a maximum time frame. That was the beginning of last November. 

SO WHAT?

Just out of curiosity is this the only way you're capable of feeling good about yourself? Derailing a thread devoted to getting R* to do something about their bug by planting your flag on this "THING YOU KNOW" and defending it to the death by discrediting someone you've never met? 

In any case I'd really like anyone reading this post to help convince R* to do something about this disgusting intrusion into what is otherwise a gaming masterpiece. I love RDR2. I love playing the game. I really do. 
At this point I also feel like punching someone in the face every time the camp NPC's give me a hard time about being "underdressed" while they're standing there in their underwear. 

It's ruining a fantastic game by subtly convincing the player to stay away from camp... which is where the best experiences are. Just get rid of this asinine and unnecessary intrusion into the single player game experience. 
Cheers.

Edited by Scion Dracos