2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why the hell does CJ feel bad about Ryder?!

Trianglekid12

Trianglekid12

In one cutscene, CJ was like "f*ckin Ryder man! That was my homie, and I killed him!" Excuse me? CJ, have you forgotten how Ryder had treated you since the very beginning of your life? He was NEVER your homie at all! Why would you feel bad for killing that crack-smoking asshole?! That's just one thing I didn't like about CJ. How he was sad for killing someone who had been very cruel to him all his life and talks sh*t about everyone! CJ should be happy that he killed the asshole! He never deserved to live to begin with!

Ryder was CJ's childhood friend and they had history, It's not easy killing him, think about it man. having a friend since childhood who taught you how to toughen up and be a man and helped GSF by giving them Tec-9s, He's like a brother to CJ, and killing a brother is really painful.

and if you look at his side, He doesn't look superior compared to Sweet, CJ and Smoke. They hardly ever give him attention. Sweet and Smoke treat CJ like a king and treats Ryder like a normal GSF member you find in the streets. Ryder was just jealous of CJ and that's probably the reason why he betrayed GSF, He doesnt feel like he's important there.

Hamzeol Murf

Everything You Said Is Totally IRRATIONAL. Ryder, Along With Smoke, Had Turned On Grove Street Families Prior To The Events Of GTA SA. Before That, Ryder & Smoke Were Childhood Friends Of Johnsons + High Ranking Members Of Grove Street Families.

When The Tension Rose Between GSF, Seville Boulevard Families And Temple Drive Families, They Lost Control Of The Streets And Ballas & Vagos Took Over. That's When Tenpenny Made A Deal With Big Smoke Along With Gangsters From Other Gangs To Betray Their Gang And Put Their Own Drug Cartel In Los Santos.

Ryder Was So Roughly Written In The Story. All The Missions Given By Him Support GSF. CJ Literally IGNORES Ryder In The Mission The Green Sabre As If He Wasn't There. In The Same Mission When CJ Meets Injured Sweet In The Ambush, He Only Mentions Smoke Betraying Them, Not Ryder. By The End Of The Game, Sweet Doesn't Even Know What Happened To Ryder.

Smoke's Missions On The Other Hand Are Only In The Favor Of His Drug Cartel. Prior To The Events Of The Game, Mike Toreno Orders T-Bone Mendez, Who Is The Leader Of San Fierro Rifa, To Arrange Markets As He Needs A Lot Of Money. In The Mission "Wrong Side Of The Tracks", Smoke Mentions "Some Vagos cats meeting some San Fierro Rifa, cutting some kind of deal". This Explains Los Santos Vagos Were Initially Dealing With San Fierro Rifa To Sell Drugs In Los Santos, But Smoke With The Help Of CJ Manage To Stop Them As In The First 2 Beta Missions Of Big Smoke, We Retrieve A Packet From Vagos, Along With A LOT Of Money. After This, Tenpenny Dealt Directly With San Fierro Rifa And Smoke Got Control Over The Market. Even Denise Robinson Is Aware Of The Fact That Smoke Is Controlling The Cartel, But Doesn't Know That Ryder Is Involved Too.

All These Events Must've Affected CJ. CJ Must Have Recalled Helping Smoke For His Drug Cartel Without Knowing The Fact That He Was Involved In The Murder Of His Mother While He Was Away In Liberty City. Maybe Due To All Of This, CJ Had No Remorse Left For Killing Big Smoke. 

Maybe There Was More To Ryder Which Rockstar Removed From The Game, That's Why In The Mission Yay Ka-Boom-Boom It Is Shown CJ Has Mixed Feelings For Killing Ryder After Which Cesar Calls Him "f*cking Midget" & "Little Asshole" Despite Ryder Being Taller Than Both CJ & Cesar. This Is Also The Only Mission Where A Conversation About Ryder Takes Place Without Him Actually Appearing In The Mission.

In This Video  At 02:30, You Can See The Beta Appearance Of Ryder. MAYBE It Was Much Shorter Back The, MAYBE, As There's No Picture Of His Beta Appearance Properly Standing.

Just now, Hamzeol Murf said:

In This Video  At 02:30, You Can See The Beta Appearance Of Ryder. MAYBE It Was Much Shorter Back The, MAYBE, As There's No Picture Of His Beta Appearance Properly Standing.

*Back Then

Ryder was CJ's childhood friend, so it's normal for CJ to feel sad about killing him. 

On 4/29/2021 at 6:17 AM, Trianglekid12 said:

Excuse me? CJ, have you forgotten how Ryder had treated you since the very beginning of your life? He was NEVER your homie at all! Why would you feel bad for killing that crack-smoking asshole?! That's just one thing I didn't like about CJ. How he was sad for killing someone who had been very cruel to him all his life and talks sh*t about everyone! CJ should be happy that he killed the asshole! He never deserved to live to begin with!

Uhh no offence but you remind me of a certain someone here on this forum.

"One day you'll wish you hadn't pissed me off". 

We can all agree that didn't age well.

Ryder was more involved with GSF during the story missions, and even had history with CJ presumably way longer than smoke did.

Ryder would've remained in the story but from a lot of sources, it was disputes with the VA and Rockstar. They returned the favour by killing off his character.

Evil empire

Because it's written in the main.scm and from an immersion-friendly point of view because CJ has a bit of humanity contrary to Claude and Tommy.

• KEKW 2

Hamzeol Murf
10 hours ago, Evil empire said:

Because it's written in the main.scm and from an immersion-friendly point of view because CJ has a bit of humanity contrary to Claude and Tommy.

Not Contrary To Claude & Tommy, CJ Is Slightly More Immersion Friendly Than The 2 Others.

Remember The Mission "Deconstruction"? The Mission Lives Up To It's Name And We Give A Guy A Proper Burial Just For Hitting On Kendl

Evil empire
2 hours ago, Hamzeol Murf said:

Not Contrary To Claude & Tommy, CJ Is Slightly More Immersion Friendly Than The 2 Others.

Remember The Mission "Deconstruction"? The Mission Lives Up To It's Name And We Give A Guy A Proper Burial Just For Hitting On Kendl

That's why I wrote a bit of humanity. 31.gif

Ryder is based.

If he didn't have to die, the storyline would've been 10 times better.

• Like 2

He doesn't right? correct me if I'm wrong on this one but in one of the missions cutscene Ceasar tells CJ that Ryder tried to bang her sister a.k.a Kendl and then CJ said, "damn I guess he did deserve it"

Nicolás Canales

Ryder was not meant to be a traitor. You can see it because of how bad written is his death and appearences post-reuniting the families. And the personality of Ryder and being so rude against CJ is one of the best things about the character and what makes him that memorable.

Aye, I agree. I thought exactly the same when I killed Ryder. He was never shown to treat CJ with respect (or at least indifference), always accusing and blaming him.

Not as much of a prick as Sweet, but after he turned out to be a traitor it was all the easier to shoot the bastard. Could never understand why CJ stresses so much about it.

I get that they were friends in the childhood, so maybe he wasn't as much of an arsehole as a kid, but it's completely unclear to me what made CJ come back to Ryder over and over again after he became what he was. I can understand why he would feel bad about killing someone who once was his friend, but given CJ's killing record in general and Ryder's attitude, I don't understand why CJ cares so much.

Edited by Lioshenka

ThatBenGuy1998

Uh, because Ryder was still someone whom CJ cared a lot about despite how he was treated. There being no drama between CJ killing Ryder would be like no drama at all when Johnny K kills Billy Grey or Brian Jeremy in TLAD. You have the right to your own opinion, OP but you really need to take a chill pill when people disagree. You sorta remind me of a combination of Niobium, Smash Bandicoot, and DK. 

Algonquin Assassin

I don’t get it. This guy complains about Tommy being a prick to everyone and not “caring”, but he’s complaining about the very thing he criticises Tommy for not doing lol.

Obviously it’s to show that despite the way Ryder treats CJ, CJ still has some humility. It’s like when Niko confronts Darko. He doesn’t jump up and down for joy whether he’s killed or spared.

Granted I’m not much of a fan of CJ, but shouldn’t this be something that’s praised about his character that he has strong fibres to differentiate the people he was close to instead of the run of the mill Joes he normally kills?

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

If I ever decided to re install the game I will make a mod where all the characters that CJ regretted killing become Ryder 👍🏿

Internet Person

He should have felt bad about burying that guy in the concrete.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 1:19 PM, Internet Person said:

He should have felt bad about burying that guy in the concrete.

That poor construction worker should've ran down to the subway station. 😛 

CynicalMexican
On 4/28/2021 at 9:17 PM, Trianglekid12 said:

In one cutscene, CJ was like "f*ckin Ryder man! That was my homie, and I killed him!" Excuse me? CJ, have you forgotten how Ryder had treated you since the very beginning of your life? He was NEVER your homie at all! Why would you feel bad for killing that crack-smoking asshole?! That's just one thing I didn't like about CJ. How he was sad for killing someone who had been very cruel to him all his life and talks sh*t about everyone! CJ should be happy that he killed the asshole! He never deserved to live to begin with!

CJ felt bad for Ryder because he read the script and was like "damn, this is a sh*tty way to kill off an important character!"

• KEKW 3

StraightouttaNewport

Well I mean they were old friends, childhood ones going by the cutscene dialog. Plus I never really got the impression Ryder was too serious with the busta stuff.  Felt like he was just screwing around like friends do. Contrast the way he treats him with like Sweet who's clearly way WAY more bitter about the whole running off to Liberty thing. 

• Like 2

theweekforme
On 4/29/2021 at 6:17 AM, Trianglekid12 said:

Because they have been throught together alot. They used to do things more together than what CJ and Sweet used to do. In fact CJ back then was closer to Ryder than anyone else in the gang.

CynicalMexican

It doesn't help that Ryder's reason for betrayal is never clear. Like, just the Introduction and that's it. And that was made post game.