1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Cayo Perico Heist Vehicles Elimination Game

Amy Vinewood

On 6/10/2021 at 4:04 PM, Jenkiiii said:

But most of all: the mathematical rule that 0.51 bad opinion outweighs 1.00 good opinion every time, i.e.; it only takes a fraction over half of one person to swing the vote, as it only takes one guy in a jet or oppressor to wreak havoc on people just going about their business, which, let's face it, applies to all of us because we play this elimination game every day. Think about it; every time you vote you're potentially doubling down on the viewpoint of someone else, especially as we're now down to the last two. How can you even conscientiously vote at this stage if you're not a griefer at least in part?

I get what you are saying with a lot of this but I’d disagree that voting can fundamentally be compared to griefing. For me this game it’s like a business battle, it’s a fair fight and anyone entering it should tacitly accept they might not get their desired outcome. It’s only griefing if a person is continually taunted deliberately beyond the purpose of the game - but that can happen with anything. This is one of the reasons I aim to like every vote even if I disagree with the choice (unless they’ve put something in the text that I have to challenge). The like is for respect for the player playing the game, and to show I don’t have any issues with them even if I don’t agree with their choice.

I agree with the voting system though that it is much easier to destroy than protect something, which can lead to outcomes that are, well, a bit out there.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:14 PM, Ekke said:

Got bored of the heist 2 weeks after it was released. It's like 99% mindlessly running around the island or role-playing as a delivery boy and 1% actual heist. Only visited the ship 1st time in months just to get the statue for achievement. Guided missiles are fun for griefing though ;)

I suspected this would be a factor for some, a lot of players here are seasoned veterans with more money than they’ll ever need, and what if you don’t like heists? There’s the other features of the sub, like the brilliant cruise missiles and cheap fast travel, but more importantly, it’s the impact on the wider player base. New players can now get off the ground with a reasonable bit of effort over a few months, rather than spend over a year of really tedious grinding. Let’s say you had a real life friend playing GTA you want to help. There isn’t a better way than inviting them to your CP Heist a couple of times until they can afford their own Kosatka. Btw you shouldn’t have to run over the Island, if you learn how to bomb around on the Manchez and jump the check points, it’s much more enjoyable.

Dont get me wrong, the Toreador is a fine vehicle. But it is overmatched here.

1. Kosatka – 60 (+1)

2. Pegassi Toreador – 40 (-2)

Edited by Jimbatron

1. Kosatka – 61 (+1)

2. Pegassi Toreador – 38 (-2)

While the Toreador's a great vehicle, it simply is unable to hold even the slightest spark to what the Kosatka is capable of doing. Just the fact that the Kosatka is able to get people of all ranks and skill levels literal sh*tloads of money thanks to Cayo Perico Heists alone is reason for it to be an all-time great vehicle.

6 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

There’s the other features of the sub, like the brilliant cruise missiles and cheap fast travel

I wouldn't go as far as saying they're brilliant. An interesting gimmick to harrass the lobby but my other toys with missiles are more efficient at getting the job done and you're not a standing target. Also, as a vehicle it's slower and clumsier than Toreador which is more agile in the water, without mentioning its capabilities on land. Yes, Kosatka has the fast travel but job warp is much more convenient. You spawn practically wherever you want with your vehicle right next to you, even on top of Mount Chiliad. The sub travels only to select places near the shore, you have to fly to the sub first, find your seat and after fast travel manually rise above the sea level again if you want to use your Sparrow or missiles.

As a heist planning station, sure, it could be a good investment. As a vehicle though, it's not nearly as fun to move around and grief the session and in the naval battle I always win with Toreador. Did I mention it doesn't have a unique blip?

F*ck, now I'm also writing essays. TL;DR Kosatka boring, Toreador fun 😛

Edited by Ekke

Lonely-Martin

1. Kosatka – 62 (+1)

2. Pegassi Toreador – 36 (-2)

6 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

I get what you are saying with a lot of this but I’d disagree that voting can fundamentally be compared to griefing. For me this game it’s like a business battle, it’s a fair fight and anyone entering it should tacitly accept they might not get their desired outcome. It’s only griefing if a person is continually taunted deliberately beyond the purpose of the game - but that can happen with anything. This is one of the reasons I aim to like every vote even if I disagree with the choice (unless they’ve put something in the text that I have to challenge). The like is for respect for the player playing the game, and to show I don’t have any issues with them even if I don’t agree with their choice.

I agree with the voting system though that it is much easier to destroy than protect something, which can lead to outcomes that are, well, a bit out there.

Couldn't agree more! 🍻👍

47 minutes ago, Ekke said:

F*ck, now I'm also writing essays. 

Lol. Welcome to the club. 🤣

Having your comments twisted and being made out to be the bad guy is too much for me! I have always played these games with the attitude of giving out likes first and foremost (with exceptions) regardless of the vote itself, as a mark of respect and friendship for the people I like, but literally 2 likes from the 10 or more people who play this game is evident that something has gone badly amiss with these games.

I am definitely not pro-griefer, but there is an element of negative voting that I enjoy, first of all as a survival element at the beginning of the game by getting a personal favorite or an abstract choice up the order, but followed by the pointlessness at the end of the game when friendship voting is totally lost on some people and giving out likes becomes an increasing struggle.

Also, I don't think that Business Battles are a good comparison for these games, as some people will use them purely to grief, by hanging around entrance/exit ways or holding onto cargo in strategic positions.

Now that this game is down to the final two, I see it as unfriendly and pointless, so see you in the next game when it hopefully becomes intriguing and strategic again.

Edited by Jenkiiii
  • Like 4

1. Kosatka – 63 (+1)

2. Pegassi Toreador – 34 (-2)

Maybe I should stop voting here too. Right now I'm just voting for the one that is winning, though I like them both.

Edited by AirWolf359
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Jenkiiii said:

Having your comments twisted and being made out to be the bad guy is too much for me!

My bad if I anything I wrote above sounded like it was doing that. For the avoidance of doubt my point about not seeing this game as griefing was because I don't see you or anyone else here as the bad guy.

CS

1. Kosatka – 63

2. Pegassi Toreador – 34

• Like 5

dieseltech20

1. Kosatka – 62                        +1

2. Pegassi Toreador – 33        -2

1. Kosatka – 62 (+1)                    

2. Pegassi Toreador – 30 (-2)  

• Like 4

1. Kosatka – 61 (+1)

2. Pegassi Toreador – 29 (-2)

Very little to say at this point, to be honest.

• Like 4

Lonely-Martin

1. Kosatka – 62 (+1)

2. Pegassi Toreador – 27 (-2)

:)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Increase da peace!
  • Like 4

1. Kosatka – 63 (+1)

2. Pegassi Toreador – 25 (-2)

What's next? Hbu Cayo Perico Radio sets elimination game? Including updates for WWFM and FlyLo as well as splitting up Music Locker into sets (Keinemusic Club Set, Keinemusic Beach Party Set, Palms Trax Set and Moodymann Set).

Edited by MGgames100

dieseltech20

1. Kosatka – 64                            +1

2. Pegassi Toreador – 20            -2

• Like 6

Giantsgiants

1. Kosatka – 62 (-2)                     

2. Pegassi Toreador – 21 (+1)          

Nefarious_Poundcake

1. Kosatka – 63 (+1)                  

2. Pegassi Toreador – 19 (-2)

1. Kosatka – 64 (+1)