1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Cayo Perico Heist Vehicles Elimination Game

Amy Vinewood

10 hours ago, dieseltech20 said:

Holy f*ck, Dr. Phil. You are taking this sh*t far too serious. 

Some people don’t like a helicopter and do like a goofy little car. Big deal. 

Sone people like the submarine car more than another grind tool. Again, big deal. 

Pretty sure I’m not the only one to vote just to see you cry about it but it’s getting a little out there now. 

I would point out that doing something purely to annoy someone else is not a good look in general regardless of the circumstances. Why does the broomstick riding griefer do what they do?

But you misunderstand me if you think I’m crying about it. I’m not going to lose any sleep when the final result is in either way, because it won’t directly affect me in the slightest.

This is genuinely a matter of intrigue. I’ve always  played the game and voted for what I think to have the most merit, but also out of interest to see how other people vote and why.

If it’s just a game and it really doesn’t matter then you’d surely expect a good few people might be prepared to change their minds based on a compelling case?

But instead the person who makes the case will be (mildly) attacked, no good counter case will be made and people will blurt out things that aren’t a real justification like “it’s my favourite”.

Many good intelligent people dig their heels in real life with a questionable choice. I’m sure you can think of the examples. As trivial as it is, I think I can see fundamentally the same instinctive behaviour here.

But anyway, if you find the psychological analysis offensive (it’s not intended to be, but I can see it being taken the wrong way), then apologies for that.

1. Kosatka – 62 (+1)

2. Pegassi Toreador – 63 (-2)

• Like 7

Removed my early votes, oops!

Ahh, must be that time again, these games can't go too long before it gets a bit spicy. Just glad it ain't me this time. 🤣🤣

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Oops.
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Vill3m said:

Ahh, sh*t. I was on auto-pilot this morning, lol. I've removed mine and shall pop back a bit later, cheers for the heads up. 

Current corrected scores:

Edit (12:32pm), adding my votes now.

1. Kosatka – 64 (+1)

2. Pegassi Toreador – 59 (-2)

:)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Added my votes.

Can't vote yet - strict 24-hour rule in place (like any of it matters).

@Jimbatron,  a year to two ago, I established a dedicated guide to what can or cannot be classified as griefing as I am also genuinely intrigued by the mentality of messing up other people's work/play/efforts for one's own amusement, but then the realization that we're all as bad as each other and I'll never understand this mentality anyway. There are people like @Vill3mand @Ekke who follow the same negative voting patterns throughout the game and never relent or change that pattern, which can come across as antagonistic, and people who switch all over the place then get outwardly upset that people don't understand their underlying passions (I see you and I in this category), and people who suddenly pop up with comments like "that was my favorite all along" LOL, maybe just going under the radar (which is a fine tactic), but essentially just lazy and afterthought justification.

But most of all: the mathematical rule that 0.51 bad opinion outweighs 1.00 good opinion every time, i.e.; it only takes a fraction over half of one person to swing the vote, as it only takes one guy in a jet or oppressor to wreak havoc on people just going about their business, which, let's face it, applies to all of us because we play this elimination game every day. Think about it; every time you vote you're potentially doubling down on the viewpoint of someone else, especially as we're now down to the last two. How can you even conscientiously vote at this stage if you're not a griefer at least in part?

I don't really care all that much now, to be honest. My main goal was to keep the Weevil alive as long as I could and considering it got 4th place, I'm happy with that 😛

Scores: (because I can't vote yet)

1. Kosatka – 62

2. Pegassi Toreador – 60

• Like 5

1. Kosatka – 60          -2

2. Pegassi Toreador – 61       +1

I just like it when the thing that is going to win or do great, doesn’t. Always been a “root for the underdog” type. 

9 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

I would point out that doing something purely to annoy someone else is not a good look in general regardless of the circumstances.

True but oh well, I’ve never been one that cares too much about others.  It’s not a good thing but I’m not wired very well and don’t really give it much thought. Is what it is and I have gotten better over the last 4 decades but habit is habit. 

I also have zero control over my anger and am highly prone to saying things without thought. Shouldn’t have been such a dick though, sorry about that. 

1. Kosatka – 59 [-2]

2. Pegassi Toreador – 60 [+1]

Got bored of the heist 2 weeks after it was released. It's like 99% mindlessly running around the island or role-playing as a delivery boy and 1% actual heist. Only visited the ship 1st time in months just to get the statue for achievement. Guided missiles are fun for griefing though ;)

14 hours ago, dieseltech20 said:

True but oh well, I’ve never been one that cares too much about others.  It’s not a good thing but I’m not wired very well and don’t really give it much thought. Is what it is and I have gotten better over the last 4 decades but habit is habit. 

I also have zero control over my anger and am highly prone to saying things without thought. Shouldn’t have been such a dick though, sorry about that. 

Thanks, but no offence was seriously taken, so don’t worry about it. I admire the ability to reflect though which I find many people often lack.

For my part the game become a dull grind if you can’t have a debate about it. And if you’re going to try to convince people to change their mind (futile pursuit or not) you can’t have a half effort attempt at it. But this may lead to it looking like I care more than I do, or in the worst case be aggressive or pushy about it - sorry if anyone feels that’s the case.

I have timed my voting badly as I may have to be getting in the car for a 5 hour drive when my 24 hours is up - possibly will miss my vote today.

edit - made it

1. Kosatka – 57 (+1)

2. Pegassi Toreador – 55 (-2)

Edited by Jimbatron