Who should win MOTW #183?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win MOTW #183?

• M316: Alligning of the lines
    • VikingEVM: Quadruple Extermination 3k
    • Lorenzo: Amongus
    • Zeko: NIFLEHEIM

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/25/2021 at 07:53 PM

MOTW #183

GBlYHlm.png

For rules and guidelines, click here.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER

Posting reviews/feedback before the participation deadline is strictly NOT allowed. You may post reviews/feedback once voting starts.

8caNiFq.png

(As voted on discord)

100 objectives

Create ANY mission your imagination allows you to make as long as it doesnt break any rules, include offensive subjects or behaviors, and of course have 100 objectives. Fodder objectives like countless timeouts without any purpose will not be accepted.

IMPORTANT NOTE: ANY MISSION SUPPORTING OR INCLUDING ANY FALSE IDEA OF RACIST OR OFFENSIVE BEHAVIORS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND THE AUTHOR WILL BE WARNED!

Entries

Zeko
NIFLHEIM

Lorenzo

Amogus

M316

Alligning of the lines

VikingEVM

Quadruple Extermination 3k

Deadlines

Participation: 23/04/2021 - 18:00 PM (GMT +1)

Voting: 25/04/2021 - 18:00 PM (GMT +1)

Credits

AnDReJ98 - Founder & Co-Leader

RithRake24 - Co-Leader (2019-present)

Target13 - Co-Leader (2014, 2018-2019)

Chips237 - Co-Leader (2013)

MOTW Council - Management Team

The Odyssey - Founder of the first MOTW Discussion Thread

@M316- Winner of MOTW #182 and Host

Edited by M316
Mission added
The John David

Wish I could participate but right now I'm dealing serious life and online school issues. Maybe another time. Just want to say good luck for those people here participating. Nothing much else to say :)

Posted (edited)

Cut to the chase, here are my reviews (even though i voted already XD):

@zeko:

Gameplay:

It was fun, diverse, and the objects helped add a bit of atmosphere to it. The major downside, same downside that will heavily influence my over all opinion later on, is that you do all of these things while your objective is unclear. Like i get that i kill "hypnotized people", but that took me majority of the gameplay to understand it and even then there are alot of missing pieces. If it was stand alone with coherent story i most likely would have put it upper-tier but cos of the downside i will knock it off a notch.

Good

Cutscenes & dialogue:

Your cutscenes as usual were top tier, one of the best custcenes i have seen so far. Your veteran years sure came in handy. HOWEVER, cant say the same for your dialogue, i dont think your dialogue are always bad but this one in this instance was VERY robotic and their motives wasnt or barely shown. No character, little to no reason usually wont cut for me, especially since the characters dont have names, i usually like annonymous people but seeing how the story was executed it helped make the latter worse. And trust me, i will get to the story after this. While your cutscenes were top notch, your dialogues werent so bsaically i have to average both to give you a fair score.

Good

Overall coherence:

Well here is your main issue and why your mission left a bad taste in my mouth, especially since you saw my raw reaction to it. The story was squeezed, rushed for some reason, and trimmed af. First of all, the charcaters are alot and having alot of ???? doesnt help at all especially since they are not characterized and sound very robotic, second what was the first cutscene about?? It looks cool af but what was its purpose, was it to show off your cutscenes skills??? I would rather have a poor executed sequence but with a purpose to further the plot or foreshadow it properly than a cool ass sequence with little to no purpose. Third, what was their motivation?? Ik the "device", which btw was a bad name you could have given it a proper name, hypnotizes people but why the hell did they want it???? When i talked to you, you said their motivations were hinted but i never noticed anything, now i can be dumb but everything was done unclearly and feels stitched together, hoping not to fold, so it is not like it was a one time thing. If it literally have to get the author to literally explain a solo mission's story shows how much it flip flopped. Fourth. your mission is one of those were it needed like 600 to understand it PROPERLY, this feels like you trimmed everything, got the main action point and glued it together, sorry but that wont cut it for me. Fifth, and imo, you should have made the story about MAXIMUMLY 3 characters so A) it wont be confusing and we can differentiate between them, B)Gives a bit more room to explain the story and give some character, and C) Not feel bland since they all are men in black suits wanting the device for "some reason". Sixth and the most important part, you executed this mission in a very smart way that some of us needed to play it 10x to understand it to an extent, and that usually doesnt give off a good vibe about the mission, You are one of the smartest individuals i have met on discord and ik you want a future in writing stories so take it with a grain of salt, you should consider the audience in front of you, this is not about if the story is cool, this is about if you can deliver the message you want coherently and efficiently with what you what you have and what you want to deliver, not everything is unlimited as you see with DYOM. IMO you are a veteran enough to consider this point, especially since you wanna incoporate this stuff IRL. I am sorry that i babbled alot but the execution REEEAAALLLY affected my experience.

Good mission 

@RazorITA:

Gameplay:

This is obviously the bread and butter of this mission, while there is not much, there isnt need to be for god damn amongus, the simplicity did its job. HOWEVER, your mission was bugged, or in this case poorly designed, for me not to continue after killing the guy in security cams, it doesnt let me advance and i dunno if someone experienced this issue. BUT i can see how will it goes if it wasnt bugged. One negative thing tho is that the other characters werent on Must survive, so basically when i was commanded to kill others 1 by 1, i can literally murder the whole crewmates and get away with it sooooooooo..... it makes it really awkward and not given some time. Concept of amongus was the only thing keeping the gameplay relevant though.

Good

Cutscenes & dialogue:

Nothing too special for the cutscenes, i mean there wasnt any room for any over the top cutscenes like Mr zeko above did. Dialogue ,however, wasnt bad but mostly relied on 1 liners from different characters which is cool and can make someone chuckle like i did when the imposter said i am black and if u vote me u r racist lol, but ofc same as cutscenes there is no room for characterization but for what it is it did its job.

Average

Overall coherence:

So..... it is amongus i mean there is no explanation needed, yall know what to expect. BUT since i couldnt get through the missions properly, i cant really judge it other than A) Poorly optimized as mentioned, B) And that's a bias one, is that amongus is dead, i mean the execution was alright but you came pretty late, had it been relevant maybe i would have pushed it a bit but add to the bad optimization,  i cant really give it any credit.

Average mission

@VikingEVM:

Gameplay:

You really wanna push me to max you in the scoring huh? This imo, was as fun as i had and maybe even a bit more than its predecessors, you always focus on the aspect of gameplay and put it in a simple, straightforward story yet effective af. This is one of those where the creator knows his craft pretty well, gotta say when i was streaming especially since you were there, it added alot of fun, from objects placement, to creative executions in alot of parts, this has to be my first in giving someone a max rating for a category, especially since i am VEEEERRRRYYY critical with my analysis, streaming it maybe added a bit bias but f*ck it this is my review ANYWAY.

Masterpiece

Cutscenes and dialogue:

Cutscenes were good, not too special since it is rarely used but for a good reason but when it does it usually acts as a showcase for your object fiasco or some ironic, sarcastic, hilarious comments, which leads me to the dialogue. It is really good, for directing a movie characters sound interesting enough to intrigue me into the next sequence and the 4th walls, maaaaaaan the breaking of the 4th walls made me lose my sh*t of laughter as you saw lol, i mean your lucky ngl that you saw someone's RAW REACTION, glad you catched up.

Very Good

Overall coherence:

And finally the execution of the story, there isnt need to be said much, ngl this is one of the FEW TIMES i am actually impressed and enjoting my time writing reviews lmao. I mean you as Viking are a director, ironically, to a movie starring Sloan, again, to take out Dr Wankestein, good name ngl, for the 3rd time lol. It is an action star killing the "baddies" and fighting bad guy at the end with a f*cking Rektanator which is a f*cking unit of a machine that the Dr, stupidly again, exposed its weakness which was AWESOME. This wasnt meant as an action serious movie, this was basically a movie, which breaks walls and satires & takes the piss out of action movie cliche and presents it in a nutshell, this is one of the few missions that nutshells stuff effectively and, not trying to get ahead of myself, will most likely be mission of the year adn there isnt a better choice.

Masterpice of a mission

AAAANDDDD If yOu were for some reason unaware of who i wanna vote then..... sure here it is:

VikingEVM                                                        MAMMMIA 🍕🤏

Edited by M316

Since I have nothing to do, I'd waste my time reviewing these, so here it is:

----------------------

NIFLHEIM (by @zeko)

Spoiler

Overall Rate (9/10)

--------------------

Story (10/10)

It was hard to understand the story at first, but now I get the point. This story where employed men are aganist eachother that want that cursed hacking device for themselves for different purposes is a GG for me, I like such creativity. Great job!

Cutscenes (10/10)

Cutscenes are a bless, too. I liked how you made that cutscene at the beginning using hand objects, and other cutscenes where each one of the characters express their emotions and make a hard decision of chasing after that hacking device.

Gameplay (7/10)

I enjoyed the gameplay with the music playing in the background making it more enjoyable, but it gradually got more boring each minute because I had to kill all people in the same interior multiple times, making it repetitive which it ain't good.

--------------------

CONCLUSION

I liked the story and the cutscenes, I can tell you're really good at that, but the gameplay kinda put a bad taste into my mouth. Despite your mission being really good, I believe there's a better mission out there that deserves my vote.

Amogus (by @RazorITA)

Spoiler

Overall Rate (3.3/10)

----------------------

Story (1/10)

It's just a mission where you play as the impostor who kills all crewmates. This mission is heavily inspired from Among Us and I don't think it has a story to tell.

Cutscenes (5/10)

There are a lot of cutscenes in this mission but they're mostly just static, and there are lots of grammar mistakes.

Gameplay (4/10)

The gameplay is all just about walking around to kill crewmates, it has been boring overall.

----------------------

CONCLUSION

Pure sh*tpost.

Alligning of the lines (by @M316)

Spoiler

Overall Rate (9.3/10)

----------------------

Story (10/10)

The story was awesome, I loved these intense situations and the action!

Cutscenes (10/10)

The cutscenes were really great, too (especially the music that helped). I liked the surroundered objects and vehicles. My favourite cutscene was the flashbang effect.

Gameplay (8/10)

I loved the music that made the gameplay more fun. I also liked how each boss had a different weapon, which makes you build some kind of a strategy to kill them. The only thing that I didn't like was the long chase after the last guy, it was boring. There were a few ways you could've done it better, maybe such as adding enemies in the path?

----------------------

CONCLUSION

The mission was really good, nice job! Every aspect of it was good. But you too, just like zeko, have to look over the gameplay a little more.

Quadruple Extermination 3k (by @VikingEVM)

Spoiler

Overall Rate (10/10)

---------------------

Story (10/10)

The story is fully packed with action and chaos. As the gameplay goes on, the story goes on too. The badass battle between Sloan and Dr Wankestein was terrific!

Cutscenes (10/10)

The animations and the effects were sick.

Gameplay (10/10)

Chasing Dr Wankestein and kill a lot of enemies was really fun (some of them had animations which is a great addition!). And my favourite part was when I had to destroy the squadrons, it was one of the best gameplay experiences.

---------------------

CONCLUSION

I think this is one of the best MOTW missions I've played this year, this is a masterpiece. I'm left speechless.

----------------------

These were some great missions I've played, but my vote goes to...

Spoiler

🥇VikingEVM (10/10) (You have my vote, congratulations!)

🥈M316 (9.3/10)

🥉zeko (9/10)

🏅RazorITA (3.3/10)

17 minutes ago, Robert17 said:

cuz u didnt post ur entry :///////////

yes i know but you should at least review it

On 4/24/2021 at 8:22 AM, M316 said:

Cut to the chase, here are my reviews (even though i voted already XD):

@zeko:

@RazorITA:

@VikingEVM:

AAAANDDDD If yOu were for some reason unaware of who i wanna vote then..... sure here it is:

You can add mission names beside the author names as well to improve clarity and for ease of reference while reading the review. Consider this a review of your review XD

nice to see some activity around here

I see the topic has been "voted on discord". Is that how motw topics are chosen now?

1 hour ago, M.B. Kovas said:

I see the topic has been "voted on discord". Is that how motw topics are chosen now?

No, the theme was voted, not the topic.

1 hour ago, M.B. Kovas said:

nice to see some activity around here

Hosts can go with whatever theme they want, but they can also let people choose what theme they want if they're not quite sure and want to hear the community's opinion.

Edited by Robert17
1 hour ago, Axoez said:

No, the theme was voted, not the topic.

that's the same thing

1 hour ago, Robert17 said:

Hosts can go with whatever theme they want, but they can also let people choose what theme they want if they're not quite sure and want to hear the community's opinion.

alright