Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Prototype build of GTA2 (SEP/1999)


Ash_735

Recommended Posts

Grab it here before you know who nukes it:

 

https://archive.org/details/GrandTheftAuto2Sep101999prototype

 

00preview.jpg

 

Main Notes:

* Starting screens are different, showing logos for Midway and Visual Concepts beforehand (both not animated)

* Then the trademarks, disclaimers screen displays, which itself is different

* There is no intro FMV, it goes straight to the main menu

* Different main menu, where the WIP title of Hardwood Heroes is shown.

* Quieter crowd, no commentary during matches. Also no introductory music for the players

 

Addeddate

2021-04-17 22:57:04

 

Build_date

9/10/1999 13:16

 

Build_name

Preview

 

Debug_symbols

N/A

 

Disc_drive

PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716UF 1.11 03/23/07 15:10

 

Disc_reading_software

CloneCD

 

Dongle

No

 

Emulatable

Yes

 

Final_build_date_eu

20-Sep-99

 

Final_build_date_jp

Unreleased

 

Final_build_date_us

5-Oct-99

 

Final_release_date_eu

22-Oct-99

Edited by Ash_735
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honstly there is nothing on there, i expected there would be more artworks,betas and a cinematic intro with 3d

 

Neverthless it is interessting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Konjca said:

Bring on the 3D era prototypes !!!

 

Can you explain that makes sense?

 

Because i haven't able to download it and would be more nice if you show us in this forum instead.

Edited by yarab
I missed one thing
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2021 at 2:01 AM, Ash_735 said:

Grab it here before you know who nukes it:

 

https://archive.org/details/GrandTheftAuto2Sep101999prototype

 

00preview.jpg

 

Main Notes:

* Starting screens are different, showing logos for Midway and Visual Concepts beforehand (both not animated)

* Then the trademarks, disclaimers screen displays, which itself is different

* There is no intro FMV, it goes straight to the main menu

* Different main menu, where the WIP title of Hardwood Heroes is shown.

* Quieter crowd, no commentary during matches. Also no introductory music for the players

 

Addeddate

2021-04-17 22:57:04

 

Build_date

9/10/1999 13:16

 

Build_name

Preview

 

Debug_symbols

N/A

 

Disc_drive

PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716UF 1.11 03/23/07 15:10

 

Disc_reading_software

CloneCD

 

Dongle

No

 

Emulatable

Yes

 

Final_build_date_eu

20-Sep-99

 

Final_build_date_jp

Unreleased

 

Final_build_date_us

5-Oct-99

 

Final_release_date_eu

22-Oct-99

I have a feeling there is nothing on there and would love to know?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this. Shame it's missing the debug symbols, those would be really handy.

 

None of the PC GTA2 editors work on the PS1 file formats, hopefully someone can figure out the slight format differences and update the editors one day.

 

The game text formats FXT/GXT should be the easiest to figure out. Here's an fxt file from the prototype: https://gtamp.com/GTA2/BIL.FXT

Edited by Sektor
Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing i immediately noticed that unlike in the final version, you actually see the bald tutorial guy in front of the church as a ped. If you punch him, you get unique dialogue too. Strange change.

 

4f3e433a425b5c60a2c1dca3d984404e.png3136f7fd32010c20daa6d775973b7151.png

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Postal Dude said:

One thing i immediately noticed that unlike in the final version, you actually see the bald tutorial guy in front of the church as a ped. If you punch him, you get unique dialogue too. Strange change.

 

4f3e433a425b5c60a2c1dca3d984404e.png3136f7fd32010c20daa6d775973b7151.png

 

Great picture

 

By the way have you more screenshoots or artworks from this prototype?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yarab said:

 

Great picture

 

By the way have you more screenshoots or artworks from this prototype?

Me? I ain't got none more. I mean you can just download the prototype and play it on an emulator yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.