1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Dumb Question About Armored Vehicles

ChiroVette

Go to solution Solved by MechanicMammal,

Okay, I am going through all my vehicles and upgrading them. Obviously Armor is the first upgrade you come across in Los Santos Customs. But what about a car like the Paragon R (Armored)? I noticed that I can still purchase armor in the custom shop, but I thought the vehicle was already armored. Also, I worry not about the money for the upgrade, but if I buy the Armor from the mod shop, will that take away the armor I already have? Will it add to the armor?

• Like 2

Well it's 'armored' in a sense that it has  extra explosive resistance and those reinforced windows. Armor from lsc adds regular features like less bending, exploding resistance from falling etc.

• Like 5

The armor purchased at LSC is just a fancy way to say the vehicle can run into more things before breaking down.

Armored vehicles are called that because they take 2 explosive hits to explode. Plus they have tougher glass. Adding the "Armor" from LSC won't change that.

• Solution
MechanicMammal
Posted (edited)

LOL this is not a dumb question, have a quick read through some other peoples topics then you will some dumb stuff :).

But yeah do the upgrade as the other guys have already said it will make the car stronger and it wont remove the armored cars stock attributes.

Also a armour upgrade does not effect handling speed or accelaration either so always max your racing cars as well.

Bottom line if the upgrade is availiable then always apply it to any car/bike.

Edited by MechanicMammal
  • Like 2

Thanks for the answers, everyone!

TheJokerFrogGuy
On 4/13/2021 at 10:56 PM, ChiroVette said:

Okay, I am going through all my vehicles and upgrading them. Obviously Armor is the first upgrade you come across in Los Santos Customs. But what about a car like the Paragon R (Armored)? I noticed that I can still purchase armor in the custom shop, but I thought the vehicle was already armored. Also, I worry not about the money for the upgrade, but if I buy the Armor from the mod shop, will that take away the armor I already have? Will it add to the armor?

Hey yes it will add to to armour and make the car more durable to impacts. Also if you are looking for a crew, MCCEO TEAM is worth a look 😎👍good business advice channels and decent people to help each other out.

Are some armoured cars better than others?

I have the Duke O'Death but I'm pretty sure I'm getting shot a lot more in that car than I am in the Kuruma, or am I talking nonsense here? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam2150AD said:

I have the Duke O'Death but I'm pretty sure I'm getting shot a lot more in that car than I am in the Kuruma, or am I talking nonsense here? 

The DoD has more "holes" to be shot from, if I recall correctly. Plus the big gaping hole in the windscreen. 

• Like 1

MechanicMammal
23 hours ago, Sam2150AD said:

Yes,

The Kuruma is easily the most bullet resistant vehicle in the game. Nothing else comes close oh except the proper tanks like the Rhino I guess.

That is why it is still the most sensible vehicle in most of the OG heists.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:48 AM, MechanicMammal said:

Yes,

The Kuruma is easily the most bullet resistant vehicle in the game. Nothing else comes close oh except the proper tanks like the Rhino I guess.

That is why it is still the most sensible vehicle in most of the OG heists.

In term of hits in the window, but if a Player has a car with a mg (speedo, Insurgent) it will explode after a short time. 

Best Vehicle is the halftrack, you can only get shot at from the side, the rest is 100% bulletproof and it can tank some explosives.

• Like 1

MechanicMammal
3 hours ago, Moewe755 said:

In term of hits in the window, but if a Player has a car with a mg (speedo, Insurgent) it will explode after a short time. 

Best Vehicle is the halftrack, you can only get shot at from the side, the rest is 100% bulletproof and it can tank some explosives.

Maybe for PVP. and parts of Doomsday heist.

But I was talking about OG heists, Most PVE and normal bullet protection for the occupants.

You will never be faced with enemies with those sorts of weapons, apart from in Convoy where the Choppers can make short work of a Kuruma. But that is the only time that this is a risk. And if the player has half a brain it is not really a issue. Just deal with the choppers before they get into firing range.

But that is the only time that it is a risk. And to be honest my prefered vehicle is a motorbike for that setup so I can get to good positions fast to take out the Helicopter's.

In my opinion the Halftrack is not a good option for OG Heisting, because it is painfully slow in comparison to pretty much anything else, and I personally like to shave as much time off doing heists as possible. And be generally more nimble.

But I guess if you are in no rush then you can get the job done, have fun and be safe with a halftrack........................................eventually.

And I kind of meant vehicles like the APC and Halftrack as well when I mentioned Tanks in my original post.

I do not count them as armored cars.

Edit,

Do not take me wrong I do like the Halftrack for particular modes, like PVP Motor Wars where a half track a trailer and 2 gunners is the most op thing possible, but in that mode a Halftrack driver with a dead gunner is a sitting duck to someone on foot with normal weapons.

I can not ever remember having a issue shooting the driver out of the cab once I did not have to take cover from the gunner.

Edited by MechanicMammal