3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5.69]

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

GTA Trilogy Speculation Topic

GTA V Expanded & Enhanced Discussion Topic

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

PLEASE avoid sh*tposting for no reason, this topic would rather be dead than have people arguing or posting bad memes that are just spam.

8 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

Lol I didn't know he had a youtube channel, this is weird. Seems like a nice dude though

It's not his channel 🤣🤣🤣

49 minutes ago, Americana said:

Hey, look. Leaked screenshot.

When this abomination first came out saying it was GTA V, good Lord :kekw: 

AbokommandantPro
52 minutes ago, Americana said:

1Ivx5Tm.png

This leak is insane. It's GTA 5, GTA 6 and soon GTA 7. Did'nt know a leak can be multiple games

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

17 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

When this abomination first came out saying it was GTA V, good Lord :kekw: 

Funny how you can hate fake leaks at the time, but 7 or 8 years later you can kinda' love them nostalgically.

nicktestbranch
On 4/30/2021 at 9:49 AM, AbokommandantPro said:

Imagine GTA 6 would play in a Washington DC inspired city....

I know what some people would do if they even add the White House....

late to respond but deadass I would watch early players on Online find a glitch to disable the security (unless Rockstar is going the realistic "low security" route) trying to reenact Jan 6, and plot out an attack on the White House thinking it'll be the exact same floorplan.

Kevinkevo
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, BAGS00 said:

There's something in common with most of the leaks so far...

Ricardo

GTA VI: Grand Theft Auto - Ricardo's City - YouTube

Edited by Kevinkevo

Posted (edited)

Not really. Lol. All the other times R* has hired game testers... :p The Bully trademark thing seems like just renewing it, there's 3 updates because 3 things were done I assume.

Edit: In fact, if you look at the history, they had a courtesy reminder, then some sort of notice was sent, and now the trademark is re-registered. Maybe they just forgot. They have to keep their IP's trademarks.

Edited by Spider-Vice

3 hours ago, Americana said:

1Ivx5Tm.png

Breaking bad refferences?

• KEKW 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nicktestbranch said:

late to respond but deadass

CTV16lD.png

:kekw:

Edited by Zello

One of the benefits of WFH, is that Rockstar could expand staff extensively without having to worry about office space. So, not surprising that Rockstar is hiring like crazy.

AbokommandantPro

I think they would not hire testers before the game is announced to avoid leaks. The first testers get there copy a few weeks/months before the release to test bugs 

Gentlebreeze
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, AbokommandantPro said:

I think they would not hire testers before the game is announced to avoid leaks. The first testers get there copy a few weeks/months before the release to test bugs 

Wouldn't say that. The testers could be playing a GTA VI build with PS2 era graphics and just testing features so they wouldn't really know.

Edited by Gentlebreeze

1 hour ago, Tez2 said:

One of the benefits of WFH, is that Rockstar could expand staff extensively without having to worry about office space

Another benefit of WFH is that they can work in their pajamas innit :yee:

2 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Not really. Lol. All the other times R* has hired game testers... :p The Bully trademark thing seems like just renewing it, there's 3 updates because 3 things were done I assume.

Edit: In fact, if you look at the history, they had a courtesy reminder, then some sort of notice was sent, and now the trademark is re-registered. Maybe they just forgot. They have to keep their IP's trademarks.

Damn, hopes destroyed again :(

12 hours ago, shaqqy10 said:

Wow, is hot coffee returning? :O

Volatollotalov
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tez2 said:

One of the benefits of WFH, is that Rockstar could expand staff extensively without having to worry about office space. So, not surprising that Rockstar is hiring like crazy.

They're expanding their floorspace in Edinburgh, next door to the HQ as we all know. So they're planning on planting a long-term bigger team all in one place. My guess is that they think WFH isn't working for them at all.

Edited by Volatollotalov

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Volatollotalov said:

They're expanding their floorspace in Edinburgh, next door to the HQ as we all know. So they're planning on planting a long-term bigger team all in one place. My guess is that they think WFH isn't working for them at all.

That's kinda typical procedure for them if they are aiming to expand staff. I don't see a convincing reason as to why Rockstar wouldn't accommodate to accepting WFH within the workplace. Recent survey states 66% of more than 3,000 devs said their productivity has increased or remained the same. While 32% said their productivity has decreased. Assign the ones whose productivity has increased to WFH, while have the ones whose productivity decreased work from the office. Win-win situation, if you ask me.

Edited by Tez2
  • Like 3

Gentlebreeze
Posted (edited)

If Rockstar is invested in WFH, does that explain why we get such sh*tty news?💩

With E3 being around the corner it's a matter of time before that yearly Rockstar's attending E3 leak.

Edited by Gentlebreeze

Volatollotalov
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

That's kinda typical procedure for them if they are aiming to expand staff. I don't see a convincing reason as to why Rockstar wouldn't accommodate to accepting WFH within the workstyle. Recent survey states 66% of more than 3,000 devs said their productivity has increased or remained the same. While 32% said their productivity has decreased. Assign the ones whose productivity has increased to WFH, while have the ones whose productivity decreased work from the office. Win-win situation, if you ask me.

More flexible working in the future is hopefully a certainty, whether it's from home or in the office or somewhere inbetween. The personal option for someone to be flexible is a very good thing for sure. But the devs whose survey you quoted are just one part of what Rockstar does.

Rockstar is not just a technical endeavor of coders. This is a hugely expensive production effort akin to making multiple Hollywood films all at once. It wants to push the boundaries of what is creatively possible, that's the level of ambition they're going for, and every single aspect of that depends on people buzzing off each other and being around one another. It's a full-spectrum studio production. Face-to-face interactions, in table meetings or bumping into each other in the lobby or getting a coffee together for 10 mins - they are all so massively valuable.

Sure, you can hive-off the game testers to their dark bedrooms where they most probably would prefer to be. You can wave-away the admin folk and tell the accountants to work from their semi-detached pebbledashed graves near Prestonfield. The pendulum always swings back to Holyrood, it would seem.

Edited by Volatollotalov
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, shaqqy10 said:

Hey that's my girlfriend's doctor! Didn't know he was such a big celebrity

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Gentlebreeze said:

If Rockstar is invested in WFH, does that explain why we get such sh*tty news?💩

With E3 being around the corner it's a matter of time before that yearly Rockstar's attending E3 leak.

The lack of news is mainly due to the long-standing effects of the pandemic. Rockstar or most game devs expanding staff with some of them fully working from home would be an incentive aiming at minimizing the effects.

43 minutes ago, Volatollotalov said:

More flexible working in the future is hopefully a certainty, whether it's from home or in the office or somewhere inbetween. The choice for someone to be flexible is a very good thing for sure. But the devs whose survey you quoted are just one small part of what Rockstar does.

Rockstar is not just a technical endeavor of coders. This is a hugely expensive production effort akin to making multiple Hollywood films all at once. It wants to push the boundaries of what is creatively possible, that's the level of ambition they're going for, and every single aspect of that depends on people buzzing off each other and being around one another. It's a full-spectrum studio production. Face-to-face interactions, in table meetings or in bumping into each other in the lobby or getting a coffee together for 10 mins - they are all so massively valuable.

Sure, you can hive-off the game testers to their dark bedrooms where they most probably would prefer to be. You can wave-away the admin folk and tell the accountants to work from their semi-detached pebbledashed graves in Prestonfield. The pendulum swings back to Holyrood, it would seem.

Understandable. But they also operate 9 studios, which I would presume to be akin to the WFH experience. So, I hardly think the idea of WFH would vanish away. Part of that flexibility would be to adjust the percentage of devs assigned to WFH at various times. Rockstar can conduct similar surveys among their studios, upon which, they can evaluate the productivity of the team members within the studio. If it's not looking good, they can swing back to full-on working from office. They wouldn't likely return to full-on WFH, but a mixed work style doesn't sound as bad as it seems.

Edited by Tez2
  • Like 6

Volatollotalov
2 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

The lack of news is mainly due to the long-standing effects of the pandemic. Rockstar or most game devs expanding staff with some of them fully working from home would be an incentive aiming at minimizing the effects.

Understandable. But they also operate 9 studios, which I would presume to be akin to the WFH experience. So, I hardly think the idea of WFH would vanish away. Part of that flexibility would be to adjust the percentage of devs assigned to WFH at various times. Rockstar can conduct similar surveys among their studios, upon which, they can evaluate the productivity of the team members within the studio. If it's not looking good, they can swing back to full-on working from office.

Yep, WFH in various forms is here to stay for sure. Since you mention the nine studios it's worth mentioning the terrible situation in India at the moment, the horrible way Covid is crippling the country and the inevitable impact it will have on every Rockstar project that depends on the full commitment of the sizeable Bangalore workforce. Just as the US and UK are pulling out of the darkest times, India is going through hell.

BigFloppySausageTits
3 hours ago, BAGS00 said:

Damn, hopes destroyed again :(

Wow, is hot coffee returning? :O

this nigga disgusting 

• Realistic Steak! 2

8 hours ago, Gentlebreeze said:

Wouldn't say that. The testers could be playing a GTA VI build with PS2 era graphics and just testing features so they wouldn't really know.

Testers probably only plays a scaled-down version of GTA VI, maybe like RE Village's demo, where all features exist but explorations are limited. Maybe R* even replaces important character and dialogue with fake ones to avoid leaks.

I don't really know about game testers, though.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

Not been here for a while. Any news chaps and chapettes?

• KEKW 2

VCPR Official
26 minutes ago, Patrizio said:

Not been here for a while. Any news chaps and chapettes?

you wish

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2021 at 9:49 AM, AbokommandantPro said:

Imagine GTA 6 would play in a Washington DC inspired city....

I know what some people would do if they even add the White House....

Depends on the year...

vRb71cC.jpg

:kekw:

I'd love to see 90s DC before all the gentrification.

They also have to include go go on the radio.

Edited by Zello

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, AbokommandantPro said:

Why is this so funny for me.

How does this even have so many views.... 

Bild-2021-05-01-190220

Me playing Cities Skylines - year of 2016:

EXHcAnp.jpg

I'm guess this isn't age well too... :kekw:

Edited by Yannerrins

I must confess, the Timberwolves will win a championship before GTA 6 releases. Now watch them win one next year, that'd be funny.

I hope Daft Punk somehow makes it into the Radio. Hopefully One More Time, that one's my favorite! Has Daft Punk ever even been in a GTA radio station before? I doubt it...

10 hours ago, Niccky said:

Hey that's my girlfriend's doctor! Didn't know he was such a big celebrity

hmm strange, i am sure he is also my girlfriends plumber, he fixed a leak in her kitchen last week