3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5.69]

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

GTA Trilogy Speculation Topic

GTA V Expanded & Enhanced Discussion Topic

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

PLEASE avoid sh*tposting for no reason, this topic would rather be dead than have people arguing or posting bad memes that are just spam.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spider-Vice

• Len Lfc

• Zello

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's fake, I've done some research in the past handful of hours and it seems pretty obviously fabricated. Crossposting from r/GTA6:   First and foremost, the most obvious rebuttal: the thre

Let us hold a vigil. I hope there will be KEKW art in GTA VI.   Sorry Zello      

Lol Rockstar just posted a tweet.... Wishing happy birthday to this forum!     Happy birthday mates! Let's hope we have vi by the 30th birthday.

lowriderlife63
38 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

This "era change on a press of d-pad" sounds soulless. If Rockstar would be interested in this then they would probably do it in way better fashion.

What R* could do is have the era change available only at 1 of the hotels on Ocean Drive. Your character chooses the era and goes to sleep then wakes up to 80s/00s. Could even have a small cutscene with music from the time period playing. 

Then & Now | MiamiandBeaches.com | Miami vacation, Miami beach, Miami  florida

GTA V already started the prologue with a flashback so it isn't far from reality. I think the flashback missions would be based on the same ideal of a limited area but nothing such as flipping between two time periods to avoid a tracker trailer.

5 minutes ago, dantedenirodeniro said:

It's not time travel. It's more like idk 13 Reasons Why (lol i couldn't think in another example) where the story is told with two timelines simultaneously

Something  like Arrow?

Switching back and forth between flashbacks and the present.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1
  • Best Bru 1

Thomas Cavendish
1 minute ago, dantedenirodeniro said:

It's not time travel. It's more like idk 13 Reasons Why (lol i couldn't think in another example) where the story is told with two timelines simultaneously

Yes, it is.
A non-linear movie is diferent from a game where you actually can do something that change the future.

Thomas Cavendish

Imagine RDR2 if you could come back to the prologue anytime you want.
Present: Sean dies, Lenny dies, punch Downes, TB, Hosea, Ms Grinshaw, the rat...
Past: Either you could change it all (and f*ck the timeline you have already played) or you can not change what will happen and what is the point playing it if you cannot change?

Edited by Thomas Cavendish

dantedenirodeniro
12 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Yes, it is.
A non-linear movie is diferent from a game where you actually can do something that change the future.

But then you’re implying that the story isn’t going to be linear or that our actions in free mode are going to influence something. In a case where the era switch is a real thing, I believe that they're not going to do that 

3 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Present: Sean dies, Lenny dies, punch Downes, TB, Hosea, Ms Grinshaw, the rat...
Past: Either you could change it all (and f*ck the timeline you have already played) or you can not change what will happen and what is the point if you cannot change?

It wouldn't work like that I think. Imagine the way that the GTA V's story progress, you can't finish the game just using Franklin and then you play Trevor's story, you need to progress them all simultaneously, it would work in that same way

Edited by dantedenirodeniro
  • Like 2

Thomas Cavendish
1 minute ago, dantedenirodeniro said:

But then you’re implying that the story isn’t going to be linear or that our actions in free mode are going to influence something. In a case where the era switch is a real thing, I believe that they're not going to do that 

What is the point of timeline change anytime, if your actions are not going to influence the future?
In this case, just tell the story in chapters in a linear timeline without "timeline change anytime you want" like RDR2 / GTAV prologue style.

dantedenirodeniro
6 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

What is the point of timeline change anytime, if your actions are not going to influence the future?
In this case, just tell the story in chapters in a linear timeline without "timeline change anytime you want" like RDR2 / GTAV prologue style.

You aren't seeing the big picture.

Imagine the way that the RDR2 map changes in 4 years in the end of the game without the ability to go back and see some differences that you missed out, now imagine the way that Vice City could change in 40 years and how you can have two completely different experiences with both characters at the SAME TIME. This is a big plot device and can be used in a lot of different ways besides "all you do in the past affects the future"

For example, 13 Reasons Why uses the different timelines as a plot device to create suspense and drama, it wouldn't be the same if the story was told in a chronological way

Reegisfilbin
3 hours ago, dantedenirodeniro said:

analog up = walk

analog up + hold x = medium run

analog up + press x twice + hold x = gotta go fast

it's so hard to do that, rockstar? have mercy on my x button 

Whats wrong with tapping x to run? I think it makes you feel like each tap of the button is another step the character takes

• Like 4

Thomas Cavendish
2 minutes ago, dantedenirodeniro said:

You aren't seeing the big picture.

Imagine the way that the RDR2 map changes in 4 years in the end of the game without the ability to go back and see some differences that you missed out, now imagine the way that Vice City could change in 40 years and how you can have two completely different experiences with both characters at the SAME TIME. This is a big plot device and can be used in a lot of different ways besides "all you do in the past affects the future"

To have two completely different experiences with both characters you don't need the switch time device. You just need two chapters.
But if you want it at the SAME TIME, again, either you will have a f*cked up gameplay where you cannot affect future, or you are going to have a f*cked up story if you are not able to affect the future.

Thomas Cavendish
12 minutes ago, dantedenirodeniro said:

For example, 13 Reasons Why uses the different timelines as a plot device to create suspense and drama, it wouldn't be the same if the story was told in a chronological way

Again, this story is only being TOLD to you in a non-linear way. it DID HAPPEN in a LINEAR timeline.

Back to the Future HAPPENS in a non linear timeline, Marty McFly in 1955 KNOWS his future father is a loser. And that is the reason he try to change him.

Whoever is the protagonist of 13 reasons, I bet he/she are not aware of the future, no matter how crazy the narrative is.

nicktestbranch
47 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Whoever is the protagonist of 13 reasons, I bet he/she are not aware of the future, no matter how crazy the narrative is.

Whoever is the writer of 13 Reasons wasn't aware of the backlash it would receive over a counterintuitive woe is me suicide story portrayal, despite the past several lifetimes of "suicide sucks." No idea if I'm actually on topic anymore, how's the game?

4 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Just analog. The longest you push, the faster you run.
Spiderman does this.

LEGO does this, for god's sake.

I think Rockstar does this so the player can actually appreciate the world around them, just think about it, in most open world games you run by default and the map kinda becomes your obstacle rather than the city is meant to be, of course this also depends of the way you play but I think most people just push the stick and run to their next destination, by making jogging/running the x/A button they're basically forcing you to walk, and they know people are too lazy most of the time to press a button, so the city takes the spotlight, of course this is for walking, when you're in a car you can do whatever you want

11 hours ago, RenegadeAngel said:

Nice! I'm sure Hangar 13 will do a great job with their 70s' Vegas period piece:kekw:

I don't think Hangar 13 is going to touch Mafia for a while. They're working on a new IP instead of Mafia.

Edited by Zello

ArthurZussman
On 4/19/2021 at 9:51 AM, ArthurZussman said:

No GTA VI announcement today:

-Waiting 2771 days since GTA V launch

-Waiting 906 days since RDR2 launch

-32 days since I started counting

No GTA VI announcement today:
-Waiting 2781 days since GTA V launch
-Waiting 916 days since RDR2 launch
-42 days since I started counting

-1 person complained and made me make these posts each 10 days. Thanks @Sepp303

sometimesIwork4goverment
1 hour ago, Zello said:

I don't think Hangar 13 is going to touch Mafia for a while. They're working on a new IP instead of Mafia.

There were new never seen before characthers in collectible cards in Mafia 1 DE. They were mafia which indicates upcoming game is going to be mafia 4 i think. And if i remember correctly that new ip u r talking about was about cold war but it was cancelled and map was left in mafia 3 files

Just now, sometimesIwork4goverment said:

There were new never seen before characthers in collectible cards in Mafia 1 DE. They were mafia which indicates upcoming game is going to be mafia 4 i think. And if i remember correctly that new ip u r talking about was about cold war but it was cancelled and map was left in mafia 3 files

They are working on new a sci fi IP.

https://gamingbolt.com/hangar-13s-next-game-might-be-set-in-a-fantasy-sci-fi-world

sometimesIwork4goverment
4 minutes ago, Zello said:

Too vague, might be, in development or still at white board

But there is los ondos cigarette card in mafia de. Mafia 4 is in development might be ready in a few years but this thing looks far away 

20 minutes ago, sometimesIwork4goverment said:

Too vague, might be, in development or still at white board

But there is los ondos cigarette card in mafia de. Mafia 4 is in development might be ready in a few years but this thing looks far away 

https://boards.greenhouse.io/hangar13/jobs/4267688003

You love stories. You love consuming them, you love creating them, and you love dissecting them. An appreciation for multiple genres (not just fantasy and sci-fi) is preferred. You can pull examples of best writing practices from movies, TV, novels, and games. You have a strong desire to elevate the craft of writing in video games.

Also Haden Blackman said that they were working on a new IP after the Mafia remake released and it was going to be a while before they returned to Mafia.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mafia-definitive-edition-devs-are-working-on-their/1100-6480055/

dantedenirodeniro
16 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Again, this story is only being TOLD to you in a non-linear way. it DID HAPPEN in a LINEAR timeline.

Back to the Future HAPPENS in a non linear timeline, Marty McFly in 1955 KNOWS his future father is a loser. And that is the reason he try to change him.

Man, that's what i'm saying. They can tell a linear story in a non-linear way

The things you do in the free mode shouldn't count in the canon.

22 hours ago, Dick Justice said:

Vegas is fine but outside of the strip it's dull as hell. Flat, desert, nothing but rows of houses, strip malls and walmarts. It worked fine in San Andreas as one of three, but even as one of two I'd take about twenty American cities over it. 

Soo... Just like every other city in America?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

7 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Past: Either you could change it all (and f*ck the timeline you have already played) or you can not change what will happen and what is the point playing it if you cannot change?

So, videogame where you can go back in time and choose another way/fix whatever you f*ck up? 

Spoiler:

Spoiler

Life is Strange

Edited by Yannerrins

"Rockstar hasn't said anything in a long time, it must mean something gta 6 related is going be announced" 

Gta Online 

Surprise Motherfucker GIFs | Tenor

We have a daily morning radio show in Hungary and the guys mentioned and mourned El Risitas. He's a Legend even here too.

1 hour ago, marquuard said:

We have a daily morning radio show in Hungary and the guys mentioned and mourned El Risitas. He's a Legend even here too.

oh yeah same in Slovakia it was EVERYWHERƎ

Edited by Lukas2580
  • Best Bru 1
  • KEKW 1

15 hours ago, Reegisfilbin said:

Whats wrong with tapping x to run? I think it makes you feel like each tap of the button is another step the character takes

• KEKW 3

10 hours ago, Zello said:

Soo... Just like every other city in America?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Yeah, what's the problem? Grand Theft Auto games are set in the United States and that's what I expect - a huge suburban area, downtown, industrial area and an airport. That's what I need, that's what I want.

It's not Europe and its small-ass alleys.

AbokommandantPro

Imagine GTA 6 would play in a Washington DC inspired city....

I know what some people would do if they even add the White House....