GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5.69]

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

GTA Trilogy Speculation Topic

GTA V Expanded & Enhanced Discussion Topic

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

Saints Row 2022 Reboot - General gaming section

PLEASE avoid sh*tposting for no reason, this topic would rather be dead than have people arguing or posting bad memes that are just spam.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:23 PM, RighteousMind369 said:

Probably it’s best mission IMO is the mission with the hotel where you can approach it differently and it changes the flow of the mission.

Interview mission is a good example of linearity and freedom

There is pretty long video about possible minor choices in GTA IV

We need more of such choices IMO.

Edited by Kris194

Kerminator369
On 7/25/2021 at 1:28 PM, Kris194 said:

That’s boring! Where’s the explosions and forced cinematic walking every 30 seconds?!

/s

On 7/25/2021 at 11:32 AM, Orthur said:

Same, I've played it like 5 times now and 100%-ed it once. But I still can't get enough of it, every new playthrough I keep discovering something new and fascinating. It's almost unreal how much effort they've put into the game.

They put a lot of effort into the open world indeed, it feels really alive

On 7/25/2021 at 10:20 AM, ChengizVlad09 said:

I don't know whether it's my fault exactly, or not - due to mentioning all those things - but why is everyone talking about scripted, given missions all of a sudden? Sure, we could get a little bit better game design there, at least in a sense that R* doesn't " watch " our every move so carefully as if they want us to fail because of trying something even vaguely different from what they intended, but for crying out loud, what about the free-roam gameplay? What about systems, mechanics and game modes that should be working there - just for a bit of clarification; systems, like " Wanted ", mechanics, like driving, shooting or fighting mechanics, game modes, like " Gang Wars ", for example? What do you think about the open world? Wasn't that supposed to be the very heart and soul of the franchise, the thing it - we - simply cannot do without? Take everything away, every other aspect of GTA and it would still be GTA with out it, but take the open world and free-roam gameplay and it would certainly be anything else, but GTA. Are you all that satisfied with it? Do you consider that empty and dumb polygon to be such a masterpiece? Fetching some random ped's stolen purse over and over again? Why exactly is the AI so weak and doesn't offer any challenge, hell, anything meaningful, at all? Why are cars presented either as wobbly boats or gliding bricks - has anyone ever at R* drove a f#cking car? AI should be constantly molesting us, but in a controlled manner, so that it appears it has a mind of its own, not because it has auto-aim. Is that the best they can really do? Does the open world and free-roam gameplay, along with systems, mechanics and game modes inside mean anything to any of you guys? How do you envision it? What  would you like to change there? 

The open world is almost perfect for many people, but yeah systems like the wanted system need to be done better

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 8:28 PM, Kris194 said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 has a considerable number of main and side missions with that number/kind of options in how to approach them. Nothing is unique in these IV examples.

What annoys me in RDR2 is how many objectives there are in every missions and how specific they are, if someone does something that's not done in the exact way that objective tells us to, the mission fails!

I remember when in a mission, I arrived at a place when the mission was ending, I got off the horse 3 or so meters before Rockstar told me to so R* restricts our movement and Arthur starts walking very slowly and it took me like 10 seconds to get on the horse again. That's pretty bad imo. And this happened very often, and to avoid this you have to wait for Rockstar's instructions and do exactly as they tell you to do. 

Having said all of this RDR2 is still my favourite game, the linear mission design doesn't ruin it for me. It just gets a bit annoying at times, especially when replaying.

ChengizVlad09

Lol, it comes accross as unfathomable why do you guys want so much freedom in something that's almost exclusively scripted and linear in nature? Don't know whether you knew or not, but there's this thing called an " Open World " with " Free- Roam Gameplay " that's been there from the first day, created almost exclusively for doing what ever you want, with results that are way less expected.

In words of the ever-present meme language; " Alright, keep your secrets "..

Edited by ChengizVlad09

On 7/25/2021 at 9:32 AM, Orthur said:

Same, I've played it like 5 times now and 100%-ed it once. But I still can't get enough of it, every new playthrough I keep discovering something new and fascinating. It's almost unreal how much effort they've put into the game.

Indeed, the level of detail of this thing is just amazing. You know that cabin alone in the woods? (not gonna mention any specifics since it's spoiler) was like "lemme go inside and grab some food cans" never in my life would have thought that a game can surprise me like that, literally had goosebumps, if we were to sit down and talk about each detail this game has we'll probably finish talking about it just before the release of VI.

There's that youtube channel if you haven't already seen it by the name Strange Man, that guy covers so many stuff, if it wasn't for him i would have missed most of things he mentioned because the game is so full of things you simply can't keep up with everything.

This game was developed with such care and passion i only wish and hope that VI will be on the same level of RDR2 if not more.

On 7/25/2021 at 2:25 PM, _MK_ said:

Indeed, the level of detail of this thing is just amazing. You know that cabin alone in the woods? (not gonna mention any specifics since it's spoiler) was like "lemme go inside and grab some food cans" never in my life would have thought that a game can surprise me like that, literally had goosebumps, if we were to sit down and talk about each detail this game has we'll probably finish talking about it just before the release of VI.

There's that youtube channel if you haven't already seen it by the name Strange Man, that guy covers so many stuff, if it wasn't for him i would have missed most of things he mentioned because the game is so full of things you simply can't keep up with everything.

This game was developed with such care and passion i only wish and hope that VI will be on the same level of RDR2 if not more.

Exploring the open world is great, especially the first time you play it, so many things to discover even after a couple of playthroughs, I'm planning on replaying the game soon too, last time was last year, and just explore as much as possible as soon as chapter 2 starts, then I'll have to do the missions 😔🤙

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

On 7/25/2021 at 7:32 PM, Orthur said:

Yeah, there's a lot of convoluted content in RDR2 that makes the in-game world feels naturally connected and cohesive. As an example, you do a mission in Valentine (e.g. bank robbery) and then you hear the shopkeeper at Strawberry commenting on the robbery news when you randomly visit the shop to buy stuff.  It's like if the news/word travels around the game's world without your interference. R* realizes that most players will likely miss these pieces of dialogue and yet they include them, and it helps that RDR2's world is mostly wilderness with small towns inhabited by unique NPCs. I'm not sure to what extent this kind of content can be applied and expanded on in a large city environment in VI.

sometimesIwork4goverment

I think i saw the strauss at monaco in a high-end cafe he was talking with two game developer type man (beard and glasses) or he is a random monaco gambler idk i didnt saw his abs properly

If there is any way someone can find the post (I can’t) , sometime in 2019 I had made a post on this thread when it was in its 2nd or 3rd iteration after the first thread was closed referring to how cool it would be if there was a version of Disney World & Universal Studios in GTA VI.. it was then responded to by this guy that everyone called the “Preacher” on here (I forgot his actual username) but in his response  he stated that “I was on to something” and said something along the lines of “the lad would make ol’ Quincy proud”. This guy spoke (typed) in what I believe was a Scottish accent. This was well before these “leaks” about the map and Quincy world (which is making me believe these leaks may actually have truth to them). If there is anyone who can dig up this “preacher” guys old post especially mine it would greatly be appreciated or even teach me how I can find a post of mine on a now closed and dead thread. 

Regarding Mission Design

Dear Rockstar

Just get rid of the mission objective line at the bottom of the screen in GTA VI. I cannot stand this sh#t much longer. In RDR 2/Online or in GTA V/Online. I am not a  child that does not know what to do. Pardon my french, but I think it's about freaking time Rockstar stops treating us like we are a bunch of toddlers.

020mafw49tk31.jpg

Edited by Rajder

On 7/25/2021 at 11:36 PM, RenegadeAngel said:

Idk, I think the objective line at the bottom is a classic GTA element at this point. We've been having it since GTA 3 at least.

Yes, objective line is a classic element but the gaming industry is full of games that can tell the player what to do without just putting wall of text on the screen like in early 2000s. Maybe I just got used to  games that has as minimalistic UI as possible:kekw:

On 7/26/2021 at 2:45 AM, Rajder said:

Just get rid of the mission objective line at the bottom of the screen in GTA VI. I cannot stand this sh#t much longer. In RDR 2/Online or in GTA V/Online. I am not a  child that does not know what to do. Pardon my french, but I think it's about freaking time Rockstar stops treating us like we are a bunch of toddlers.

RDR2 lets you disable all HUD elements individually so if you didn't check in settings it's honestly your fault.

It even lets you see the full HUD for a few seconds when you press D-pad down in consoles/LAlt in PC in case you need them if you're playing the game completely without HUD. VI be the same with probably more QoL features.

YouTuber Gopher is playing the game completely without HUD as much as possible and it's very very much playable.

BabaFamilias
On 7/25/2021 at 11:15 PM, Rajder said:

You are very much overestimating the attention span and the reading abilities of the average consumer. I had some people over, wandering around and running into walls, asking me what they should do. Objective lines, markers on map/radar, the NPC repeating their lines and flashing arrows are super necessary, if you want your game to appeal to a large audience. 

On 7/25/2021 at 4:10 PM, neo92boi said:

If there is any way someone can find the post (I can’t) , sometime in 2019 I had made a post on this thread when it was in its 2nd or 3rd iteration after the first thread was closed referring to how cool it would be if there was a version of Disney World & Universal Studios in GTA VI.. it was then responded to by this guy that everyone called the “Preacher” on here (I forgot his actual username) but in his response  he stated that “I was on to something” and said something along the lines of “the lad would make ol’ Quincy proud”. This guy spoke (typed) in what I believe was a Scottish accent. This was well before these “leaks” about the map and Quincy world (which is making me believe these leaks may actually have truth to them). If there is anyone who can dig up this “preacher” guys old post especially mine it would greatly be appreciated or even teach me how I can find a post of mine on a now closed and dead thread. 

But, it's fake (─.─||)

On 7/25/2021 at 4:34 PM, BabaFamilias said:

You are very much overestimating the attention span and the reading abilities of the average consumer. I had some people over, wandering around and running into walls, asking me what they should do. Objective lines, markers on map/radar, the NPC repeating their lines and flashing arrows are super necessary, if you want your game to appeal to a large audience. 

Sadly theres a lot of people who still cant figure things out despite being told exactly what to do.

On 7/25/2021 at 7:24 PM, Fail_At_GTA said:

Sadly theres a lot of people who still cant figure things out despite being told exactly what to do.

Have you ever seen some of these lets players/streamers play GTA? I cringe everytime. There are some of them who literally don't know how to play.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 8:46 PM, Zello said:

Have you ever seen some of these lets players/streamers play GTA? I cringe everytime. There are some of them who literally don't know how to play.

I have not, and it sounds like I should never look lmao.  If I watched someone be so clueless I'd get frustrated with their stupidity and close the stream.

Totallycasual

Freedom comes at a massive price from a developmental standpoint, unhappy with 6-7 year gap between GTA's?  How about 15 years between games because they're having to develop around multiple scenarios for every mission.  I like V just how it is, i just hope that VI has a more in-depth world, smarter AI, a world that is truly alive, more interiors etc. 

On 7/26/2021 at 12:55 AM, _MK_ said:

Of course I know it 😄, surely gave me a fricking heart attack, man.

And yea that YouTube channel is awesome he even explained who's Gavin, lol. This reminds, I wonder if there's some sort of iceberg about RDR2's mystery, I should probably check that out because like I said I keep discovering new things every playthrough.

On 7/26/2021 at 6:04 AM, Totallycasual said:

I like V just how it is, i just hope that VI has a more in-depth worldI like V just how it is, i just hope that VI has a more in-depth world, smarter AI, a world that is truly alive, more interiors etc. 

There is already massive gap between GTA V and RDRII so these things are pretty much granted.

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 2

Poor employees can’t even enjoy their vacation without crazy fan speculating

On 7/26/2021 at 10:09 AM, SwishiestRock29 said:

Poor employees can’t even enjoy their vacation without crazy fan speculating

Tbf, it's not really too much of a stretch, though. The obvious main issue is that you don't need to go to a city to find the right tone, or feel for a soundtrack. Certainly helps, though. But yeah, lot's of people holiday there. I know others who've been to Disney World, etc.

People go to Miami/Florida lol

Especially given the person's role. It's a music manager, why would their presence in Miami mean anything to do with GTA VI? Let them enjoy their vacation. :lol: Miami is both a big music venue and vacation location, so y'know. 

On 7/26/2021 at 6:04 AM, Len Lfc said:

Tbf, it's not really too much of a stretch, though. The obvious main issue is that you don't need to go to a city to find the right tone, or feel for a soundtrack. Certainly helps, though. But yeah, lot's of people holiday there. I know others who've been to Disney World, etc.

People go to Miami/Florida lol

Rolling loud was this weekend.

One of the biggest music events of the year especially after COVID. He was probably at that enjoying himself nothing Rockstar or GTA related.

Edited by Zello

On 7/25/2021 at 9:25 PM, _MK_ said:

It was definitely made for people who will not only complete few missions but who truly love singleplayer games.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:04 AM, Totallycasual said:

I just hope that VI has a more in-depth world, smarter AI, a world that is truly alive, more interiors etc. 

RIP Arcade 
1958 to 20?? 

On 7/25/2021 at 7:31 PM, Zapper said:

I'd agree with it if your criticism was directed at Ubisoft missions but the main draw of Hitman games is to manipulate levels to execute the target in as many ways you can. You also have pretty distinct levels unlike enemy camp design of Ubisoft. It might just not be for you.

Cayo Perico and the Train Heist in RDO are pretty much mini Hitman missions. You scout out areas, plan, use different objects to your advantage and loot and escape. If GTAV and RDR2 had proper stealth mechanics to boot with, namely if you could hide from enemies even after being detected and get back to stealth state again it'd have been so much better.

Well.. Imran Sarwar was old school, A to B design. Looking forward to Scott Butchard's design in VI

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

Itscoming2020

why people always want so much freedom in Missions? R* dont make Roleplaying games, they make film-like titels that you can play. They give you the route and that has a reason /  will not change. Small Choices that have no effect of the overall story are fine, but if you go deeper, you change completly the Story and thus the game.

Would it be better if rockstar gives more freedom? NO, we play a character that R* gives us, we dont create our own and thats why R* titels are so good and thats why people still talk about CJ, Claude, Niko.

Edited by Itscoming2020