GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5.69]

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

GTA Trilogy Speculation Topic

GTA V Expanded & Enhanced Discussion Topic

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

Saints Row 2022 Reboot - General gaming section

PLEASE avoid sh*tposting for no reason, this topic would rather be dead than have people arguing or posting bad memes that are just spam.

On 7/3/2021 at 12:02 PM, GhettoJesus said:

I'd want some rural Southern GTA, one set in Oakland or maybe in Dallas with some oil magnate story going on

You'd rather have Dallas over Chiraq????? Chicago might not have much going on Downtown like NYC but it's definitely not boring in anyway as a setting. There's plenty of things to do here lol

On 7/3/2021 at 8:07 PM, Octane said:

You'd rather have Dallas over Chiraq????? Chicago might not have much going on Downtown like NYC but it's definitely not boring in anyway as a setting. There's plenty of things to do here lol

Honestly, yes. Chicago feels both overdone, and as I said, a budet NYC. I don't dispute that Chicago has potential for other people, or that it is liked by other people. It's just my personal opinion.

On 7/3/2021 at 1:10 PM, GhettoJesus said:

Honestly, yes. Chicago feels both overdone, and as I said, a budget NYC. I don't dispute that Chicago has potential for other people, or that it is liked by other people. It's just my personal opinion.

Explain to me how Chicago is overdone. What games other than Watch Dogs is set in Chicago. No game yet has replicated Lake Shore drive, the south side suburbs, beach life, highways, downtown, or the gang life in a way on par with what the Grand Theft Auto series can do.

Jezus Holy Christ

NYC is the definition of overdone. And not just in videogames.

On 7/3/2021 at 8:23 PM, Octane said:

Explain to me how Chicago is overdone. What games other than Watch Dogs is set in Chicago. No game yet has replicated Lake Shore drive, the south side suburbs, beach life, highways, downtown, or the gang life in a way on par with what the Grand Theft Auto series can do.

Driver 2, Hitman Absolution, Grid 2. Fair enough, I guess Chicago is not overdone because these are the only games I can come up with. If GTA arrives to Chicago we will see what it can do. Personally I won't get my hopes up but we will see.

On 7/3/2021 at 1:29 PM, Jezus Holy Christ said:

NYC is the definition of overdone. And not just in videogames.

Yes, New York, California, and Miami are all overdone to death in movies, shows and video games. However I'm not against a modern day Vice City though. It's just that other major cities rarely get a chance to shine in open world games.

• Like 1

Lol, "budget NYC"? In terms of what? 

For some reason I'm willing to think you've never been in either city, or one of them. 

On 7/3/2021 at 1:02 PM, GhettoJesus said:

But after Franklin's story I think R* should stay away from the hood setting for a while but also from the mafia setting. 

Franklin was hardly hood. He was in a gang for like 5 seconds turned his back on them and never went back. Rockstar has never really done the gang hood life properly with CJ or Franklin.

I dont really want to see a hood focused GTA game because it undoubtedly be full of silly stereotypes, the same way a game that focused on the mafia would be. Although there should 100% be a hood area of the map and storyline characters that come from the hood. 

Retro_Causality

Do you guys think Dan had a falling out with Sam leading to him creating his own studio?

On 7/3/2021 at 9:32 PM, Zello said:

Franklin was hardly hood. He was in a gang for like 5 seconds turned his back on them and never went back. Rockstar has never really done the gang hood life properly with CJ or Franklin.

I don't disagree there. Still, unless it's a 100% hood thing then R* should just stay away from it for a while. Maybe they can try again in GTA VII somewhen in the year 2080.

• YEE 2
  • KEKW 1

On 7/3/2021 at 3:56 PM, Orbea Occam said:

I dont really want to see a hood focused GTA game because it undoubtedly be full of silly stereotypes.

GTA San Andreas is a hood focused GTA game full of silly stereotypes.

On 7/3/2021 at 2:57 PM, Octane said:

Yes, New York, California, and Miami are all overdone to death in movies, shows and video games. However I'm not against a modern day Vice City though. It's just that other major cities rarely get a chance to shine in open world games.

What games have ever been set in Miami especially modern game like ps4- to now era

On 7/3/2021 at 5:03 PM, Retro_Causality said:

Do you guys think Dan had a falling out with Sam leading to him creating his own studio?

Stop asking it’s nobody business but their if there was a falling out

On 7/3/2021 at 10:05 PM, Octane said:

GTA San Andreas is a hood focused GTA game full of silly stereotypes.

Yeah and nothing will ever be as good as SA so theres no need to go there again. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2021 at 5:23 PM, Orbea Occam said:

Yeah and nothing will ever be as good as SA so theres no need to go there again. 

There is plenty they could do with the hood.

Let me be the corner boy. The low level member of the crew who's responsible for running a corner selling dope to the crackheads.

You have other guys on the corner with you to help you sell it, make a signal whenever 5-0 drives by, or having to shut down for the day because of the cops. You worry about trying not to get robbed, and fights with other crews who want your corner.

Some corners would be pretty dead and you won't make much money but if you work hard at it you could build it up and turn it around and make it a busy corner. They could return the drug dealing system from CTW and expand on that.

Let me be the gang leader. Unlike most crime groups some gang leaders do see action.

You give the orders now. CJ was only second in command to Sweet and Franklin was never in charge.

Gang wars, getting drug shipments, and making/breaking alliances with other gangs.

Then there's The guy who's done 10+ years in prison gets out and returns to the game.

He has to adjust and start over but he has a reputation from the old days and people still fear him.

Edited by Zello

On 7/3/2021 at 4:03 PM, Retro_Causality said:

probably not but no one knows. and like some users have said the studio could just be an investing thing and not related to making games

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2021 at 4:58 PM, Zello said:

Let me be the corner boy. The low level member of the crew who's responsible for running a corner selling dope to the crackheads.

You have other guys on the corner with you to help you sell it, make a signal whenever 5-0 drives by, or having to shut down for the day because of the cops. You worry about trying not to get robbed, and fights with other crews who want your corner.

Some corners would be pretty dead and you won't make much money but if you work hard at it you could build it up and turn it around and make it a busy corner. They could return the drug dealing system from CTW and expand on that.

Let me be the gang leader. Unlike most crime groups some gang leaders do see action.

You give the orders now. CJ was only second in command to Sweet and Franklin was never in charge.

Gang wars, getting drug shipments, and making/breaking alliances with other gangs.

Then there's The guy who's done 10+ years in prison gets out and returns to the game.

He has to adjust and start over but he has a reputation from the old days and people still fear him.

It seems to me that you want "The Wire: The game"

Edited by BAGS00

On 7/3/2021 at 10:58 PM, Zello said:

Yawn.

On 7/3/2021 at 7:42 PM, BAGS00 said:

It seems to me that you want "The Wire: The game"

Yeah because it's the closest to the real thing. The wire was based on real people and events.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2638846-Easy-Money-Anatomy-of-a-Drug-Empire.html

It was written by David Simon who reported for the newspaper back then and saw these things happen and also by Ed Burns who used to be a cop.

On 7/3/2021 at 8:03 PM, Orbea Occam said:

Yawn.

So what do you want then? Lemme guess a hacker? :kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw:

Volatollotalov
Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2021 at 10:03 PM, Retro_Causality said:

I think it's more likely that he just wanted out with no hard feelings. Rockstar is a very different and much bigger beast to how it was, and maybe the thought of going through the development cycle of yet another AAA title just isn't as appealing anymore when there is plenty in the bank and so many other things to do in life.

It looks like he's somewhat following the Benzies post-Rockstar model; set up a new studio and a separate financial vehicle / agency to support it. Maybe build a team based on the vision of a single product to start with, and go back to the days of developing things at a scale where a hands-on creative executive can really thrive again. Also don't discount Dan's network of contacts in the game, music and tech sectors.

An ego of Dan's size isn't capable of staying quiet for too long.

Edited by Volatollotalov

Sony hasn't announced a new event yet, guess that means we won't have news of E&E in a while :(

On 7/3/2021 at 7:43 PM, BAGS00 said:

Sony hasn't announced a new event yet, guess that means we won't have news of E&E in a while :(

how many days in advance do they usually announce for events like this?

MonoChrome213
On 7/4/2021 at 3:43 AM, BAGS00 said:

gimme a sec just gonna get some more copium for next month :kekw:

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2021 at 5:03 PM, Retro_Causality said:

I think it had to do with that vulture interview he did during the RDR2 release when he talked about the 100 hour work weeks. I remember there being a lot of backlash and maybe Jason salivating at the mouth over it. Then months later we hear that the culture changed and it probably had to be that Dan left. That's just my theory though.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 9:39 PM, Zello said:

I think it had to do with that vulture interview he did during the RDR2 release when he talked about the 100 hour work weeks. I remember there being a lot of backlash and maybe Jason salivating at the mouth over it. Then months later we hear that the culture changed and it probably had to be that Dan left. That's just my theory though.

So he’s toxic in work?

On 7/3/2021 at 9:53 PM, SwishiestRock29 said:

So he’s toxic in work?

Apparently some people think he's a dick :kekw:

https://www.vulture.com/2018/10/the-making-of-rockstar-games-red-dead-redemption-2.html

Navid Khonsari, an award-winning director and virtual reality game maker who worked with Dan on a number of Grand Theft Auto games, gets excited remembering his time at Rockstar: “Some people think Dan is a dick. But he wasn’t to me. 

There have been plenty of stories written about the Housers being bad people to work for.

On 7/3/2021 at 9:58 PM, Zello said:

Apparently some people think he's a dick :kekw:

https://www.vulture.com/2018/10/the-making-of-rockstar-games-red-dead-redemption-2.html

There have been plenty of stories written about the Housers being bad people to work for.

Oh yea I read somewhere where some rockstar employees were happy Dan left because it meant no more or less last minute overall changes to the game. I only ever seeing employees complain about Dan. Sam is more hostile with business I saw somewhere where he called the creator of gta a c*nt and a f*cking maggot, even told activision to not copy them or he will give them a unprecedented beating. I think Leslie benzies was also toxic to work with

On 7/3/2021 at 8:25 PM, Starbeth said:

how many days in advance do they usually announce for events like this?

Coincidentally I was just researching this. Last year it was 6 days prior to the event (event was a Thursday, and they announced it the previous Friday, though the event got delayed one week because of the black rights protests). 

So, they should have announced it yesterday if the rumours about July 8th were true.