3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5.69]

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

GTA Trilogy Speculation Topic

GTA V Expanded & Enhanced Discussion Topic

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

PLEASE avoid sh*tposting for no reason, this topic would rather be dead than have people arguing or posting bad memes that are just spam.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spider-Vice

• Len Lfc

• Zello

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's fake, I've done some research in the past handful of hours and it seems pretty obviously fabricated. Crossposting from r/GTA6:   First and foremost, the most obvious rebuttal: the thre

Let us hold a vigil. I hope there will be KEKW art in GTA VI.   Sorry Zello      

Lol Rockstar just posted a tweet.... Wishing happy birthday to this forum!     Happy birthday mates! Let's hope we have vi by the 30th birthday.

Seriously, Saint's Row 5?

Like, seriously?

• excuseme 2
  • Bruh 1

55 minutes ago, REVENGE777 said:

I never said it would keep people from buying gta v, I’m saying that it wouldn’t make sense for them to want to announce another title at the same time as they’re remastering their current breadwinner. It doesn’t make sense.

It does make sense if you have any sort of marketing background.  Google "synergy" for more information.

1 hour ago, Diciotto said:

Have you ever played gta 4?
Some "innovative game mechanics":
Possibility to go on internet.
Possibility to grab items from the ground and throw them:
Updated doors system (no more markers to enter in a place)
Updated AI
Updated combat system
Updated driving system
Updated collisions 
Possibility to witness different endings for the main storyline.

This, I feel like most of the hate that GTA IV gets is from people who played it after V was out. I even heard absurd claims like "GTA IV didn't sell" or "GTA IV was poorly received" when in reality GTA IV outperformed the so beloved GTA SA in both sales and fan/critic reception.

I get it, on a surface level GTA V does look more impressive than IV.

But I sank a lot more hours in GTA IV and I enjoyed every second of it.

MonoChrome213
1 hour ago, REVENGE777 said:

The physics of v were downgraded hard as well as the combat, AI, collision damage and the rag doll effects. Gta Iv did all of those substantially better.

but it had twice as large map, smoother graphics and more available vehicles and weapons on the same console generation, it's obvious that some things had to be downgraded, and when gta v got ported on xbox one, ps4 and pc, they just updated graphics and didn't bother with everything else. so i really hope that e&e will fix all of that and "redeem" itself. i mean, they can't work for 1,5 years for just a simple port, so i think we can look at gta v from the new perspective (not vr one, hopefully :kekw:). if however that won't be the case, then i start to doubt if rockstar ever know what they're doing 

• KEKW 2

Honestly i will be happy with rdr2 graphics 

with raytracing For GTA 6 . The thing that matters is the animations, story, gameplay and physics . Graphics were were almost photo realistic for rdr2 , now imagine if gta 6 comes 2024 thats almost 6 years after rdr2 and the graphical leap will be there with many other things so it's gonna be looking crazy good but don't get ur hopes up with crazy 3d renders . Also why the f*ck did xbox make that S console . Developers are gonna be struggling to get there games running on that sh*t and it's gonna end up biting u in the ass in long run . It's struggling with games already 

Edited by jonnhy_xv

39 minutes ago, skau said:

I feel like most of the hate that GTA IV gets is from people who played it after V was out. I even heard absurd claims like "GTA IV didn't sell" or "GTA IV was poorly received" when in reality GTA IV outperformed the so beloved GTA SA in both sales and fan/critic reception.

GTAIV was always panned by a section of GTA fans for how aggressively it pushed a different, more grounded approach after the bombastic SA. Try to look at the threads in different forums when GTAIV came out and you'll see what I'm talking about. Make a poll anywhere here or Reddit or whatever, most of the time SA will win against IV and V as the best GTA and for mainstream audience it's obviously V. IV has a passionate fanbase which is louder than both V and SA fanbase and I'm saying it as a fan of all three games.

SA sold more than IV too so I don't know where you got that from.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, jonnhy_xv said:

Also why the f*ck did xbox make that S console . Developers are gonna be struggling to get there games running on that sh*t and it's gonna end up biting u in the ass in long run . It's struggling with games already 

Probably to give 2 alternatives to people, Sony just said f*ck it and simply removed the disc reader on the other version of the ps5

Edited by BAGS00

1 hour ago, Americana said:

Seriously, Saint's Row 5?

Like, seriously?

Gave me a heart attack. I thought Saints Row 5 got announced 😭😭😭

• YEE 2
  • KEKW 1

5 hours ago, Zello said:

Gave me a heart attack. I thought Saints Row 5 got announced 😭😭😭

I mean, it’s been softly announced, and it’s been played by one prominent member of the community. Hopefully it goes back to saints row 2’s or 1’s grounded style. 

7 hours ago, MonoChrome213 said:

but it had twice as large map, smoother graphics and more available vehicles and weapons on the same console generation, it's obvious that some things had to be downgraded, 

If they couldn’t get the fundamentals down, then they shouldn’t have implemented those things at the sacrifice of the quality of core design.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BAGS00 said:

Probably to give 2 alternatives to people, Sony just said f*ck it and simply removed the disc reader on the other version of the ps5

Yes . But it has 300 gb space 

and will probably run gta 6 in 900p

ain't worth it at all . Your better off waiting 2 years and buying a xbox series x or ps5

Edited by jonnhy_xv

49 minutes ago, jonnhy_xv said:

Yes . But it has 300 gb space 

and will probably run gta 6 in 900p

ain't worth it at all . Your better off waiting 2 years and buying a xbox series x or ps5

PS5 Digital Edition is literally the same hardware as PS5. Unlike Xbox Series X and S. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8om6Mw0v-io8r64w_daZ

And I'm pretty sure the storage is the same too, 825gb (600gb usable space). 900p in 2023 would be very bad lol.

Edited by Orthur
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, jonnhy_xv said:

Also why the f*ck did xbox make that S console . Developers are gonna be struggling to get there games running on that sh*t and it's gonna end up biting u in the ass in long run . It's struggling with games already 

Microsoft was advertising XSS as 1440p 60 FPS or just 120 FPS console. The best thing is, that on default it will run Forza Horizon 5 at 1080p and 30 FPS :kekw:

• Like 2

I was thinking the other day why we dont have a single screenshot or video of V E&E being so close to release and got up an interesting theory.

Since it will be updated to a new engine, people have been speculating its probably the RDR2 engine and I disagree.

Technically it MUST be a much newer version than the RDR2 engine, because major core refactors must be done to take full power of the new super fast SSD's. 

My bet is that the new GTAO standalone will use the GTA6 engine branch so they can easily port content, features and fixes to one and another, since they plan to milk GTAO forever both games will need to coexist in the future. Both games need to look-a-like graphically, you cant have GTA6 looking next-gen and then GTAO looking old-gen, that would have negative effect on GTAO.

They MIGHT be holding up from showing E&E, because that would be basically spoiling major graphical upgrades that they can do a better "wow" factor with a GTA6 trailer.... So Im saying we are getting a GTA6 trailer BEFORE the release of E&E.

Rumours is that we are getting a Sony event in July with E&E trailer, if E&E isnt shown there, then my theory gets more sense. ;)

RenegadeAngel
10 hours ago, skau said:

when in reality GTA IV outperformed the so beloved GTA SA in both sales and FAN reception.

I don't think so, man, I don't think so...

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, RenegadeAngel said:

I don't think so, man, I don't think so...

Tbh it did, as a fan of SA I can agree on that. But what SA had that made it better than GTA IV was the variety in the map and the air travels, etc. 

12 hours ago, BabaFamilias said:

I don't think anyone can match R* style. R* knows this, that's why they are comfortably leaning back in their chairs. They know, they are years ahead of everyone else.

That's a problem not now but later.  Rockstar is like that big angry dog in the neighborhood all bark no bite. Eventually though someone might throw a ball into their yard and not be afraid of that dog.  Some studio not now but maybe a few years from now will walk up into their yard and take back their ball, walk on out of there while Rockstar wags their tail and even lets them pet them and what was the big scary dog now becomes a friendly dog.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Orthur said:

Tbh it did, as a fan of SA I can agree on that. But what SA had that made it better than GTA IV was the variety in the map and the air travels, etc. 

uhh, you think those are the only things SA had over IV?

1 hour ago, Kimd41 said:

Im saying we are getting a GTA6 trailer BEFORE the release of E&E.

I dont mean to be rude but I think youve somehow deluded yourself into thinking that :kekw:

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

gucciflipflops
1 hour ago, Kimd41 said:

I was thinking the other day why we dont have a single screenshot or video of V E&E being so close to release and got up an interesting theory.

Since it will be updated to a new engine, people have been speculating its probably the RDR2 engine and I disagree.

Technically it MUST be a much newer version than the RDR2 engine, because major core refactors must be done to take full power of the new super fast SSD's. 

My bet is that the new GTAO standalone will use the GTA6 engine branch so they can easily port content, features and fixes to one and another, since they plan to milk GTAO forever both games will need to coexist in the future. Both games need to look-a-like graphically, you cant have GTA6 looking next-gen and then GTAO looking old-gen, that would have negative effect on GTAO.

They MIGHT be holding up from showing E&E, because that would be basically spoiling major graphical upgrades that they can do a better "wow" factor with a GTA6 trailer.... So Im saying we are getting a GTA6 trailer BEFORE the release of E&E.

Rumours is that we are getting a Sony event in July with E&E trailer, if E&E isnt shown there, then my theory gets more sense. ;)

may i ask, are you thinking that because of the vetir thing?

11 minutes ago, gucciflipflops said:

may i ask, are you thinking that because of the vetir thing?

Nothing related to that. Im probably delusional but just think about it, would you rather see new graphics or volumetric clouds (for example) in a trailer of GTAV a game from PS3, or just blow you off with a GTA6 trailer with next gen models and textures? 

• Like 3

gucciflipflops

GTA VI's graphics will probably be better than RDR2 and GTA V E&E. that's the problem with re-releasing an 8 year old game for the 3rd time. but can you blame them? it's still making them tons of money. this is also a chance for them to fix any past mistakes they've made. i wanna see a new GTA as much as the next person. a few months ago, i thought we'd be seeing a trailer this fall because of the 5 year pattern they've had for revealing their projects, but honestly it seems unlikely now, unless they want to surprise everyone. but hey, if we're lucky we'll probably hear about it before the end of next year.

Edited by gucciflipflops

13 hours ago, MonoChrome213 said:

but it had twice as large map, smoother graphics and more available vehicles and weapons on the same console generation, it's obvious that some things had to be downgraded, and when gta v got ported on xbox one, ps4 and pc, they just updated graphics and didn't bother with everything else. so i really hope that e&e will fix all of that and "redeem" itself. i mean, they can't work for 1,5 years for just a simple port, so i think we can look at gta v from the new perspective (not vr one, hopefully :kekw:). if however that won't be the case, then i start to doubt if rockstar ever know what they're doing  

They could have went to a IV rute again, smaller, but more detailed map, or at least, the same map but less pointless details like an underwater area or bigass mountains that take way too much space, less weapons, but more details amongst them, etc. GTA V should have been released in the 8th generation, not the 7th, IMO.

Edited by The Tracker
  • Like 2

MonoChrome213
2 hours ago, Kimd41 said:

i was with you on that but only before the last two paragraphs :kekw:

What, who said it's going to be updated to a new engine?

2 minutes ago, Americana said:

It has to be, or else the game won’t be able to sustain itself any longer. The engine is extremely outdated, which is why everyone is sure that the version of RAGE E&E runs on will be RDR2’s or better

13 hours ago, skau said:

GTA IV outperformed the so beloved GTA SA in both sales and fan/critic reception.

as of 2011-12 gta sa sold 27M+ copies and gta iv sold 25M copies (as of 2013), not bitching about IV but imo SA's fanbase is bigger than gta IV ( especially modding community) 

5 minutes ago, REVENGE777 said:

It has to be, or else the game won’t be able to sustain itself any longer. The engine is extremely outdated, which is why everyone is sure that the version of RAGE E&E runs on will be RDR2’s or better

damn people really need to lower there hopes for a "remaster"

Midnite0111
4 hours ago, Kimd41 said:

I agree with you, I do think that's the case, but remember Max Payne 3? It was released a year before gta v, but their graphics were pretty different. But I don't think that's possible now, so you may be right. And imo, I don't think they would create a GTA 6: Multiplayer, instead I think they would keep updating this online(and separate it from gta v, and maybe even add the gta 6 map, although I think that would take a lot of space. 

1 hour ago, Americana said:

No one knows for sure but there's this :

• Like 2

1 hour ago, REVENGE777 said:

Why would they switch to a completely new engine after they spent years building RAGE? I'm pretty sure they are going to keep using RAGE and continue improving it continuously.

EDIT: Looking back, I guess you were saying that E&E should use an updated engine, not that they are going to use a completely new engine for VI, right? That makes sense, but I wouldn't count on it.

Edited by Jakub1904