3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5.69]

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

GTA Trilogy Speculation Topic

GTA V Expanded & Enhanced Discussion Topic

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

PLEASE avoid sh*tposting for no reason, this topic would rather be dead than have people arguing or posting bad memes that are just spam.

1 minute ago, PUTKA said:

OMG the visual effects in T2's panel...
It's phenomenal !!!!!! Watch people, watch now!

It's a discourse about 'Diversity, Equity & Inclusion' not the f*cking Oscars is it.

3 hours ago, bakerach said:

I love that people agreeing with you = coming to their senses, lol.

Fall '21 announcement, fall '23 release.  If you really want to come to your senses, bet on that.

Iam not saying that people coming to their senses are agreeing with me..i just Saw more posts speculating 24/25 possible releases just that, don't need  to be a Smart ass about it.

Edited by Crateman

5 minutes ago, uNi said:

It's a discourse about 'Diversity, Equity & Inclusion' not the f*cking Oscars is it.

So 'Diversity, Equity & Inclusion' shouldn't be taken so seriously and the Oscars deserve a more professional take/more effort when it comes to its representation.
OK :)

Don't lose hope.

Gta onlines event is for 2 weeks.

Hang in there , Tuesday or Thursday we will get something.

Max Payne 4? Yeah, I guess even Bully III is more probable.

5 minutes ago, Dourvas said:

Don't lose hope.

Gta onlines event is for 2 weeks.

Hang in there , Tuesday or Thursday we will get something.

With all due respect, don't bother having hope in this regard. 😛

2 hours ago, Kirsty said:

it appears so many people in the community can't actually read :(

So damn true.

2 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

With all due respect, don't bother having hope in this regard. 😛

Idk mate. Almost most of the times we get some kind of trailer(when we have a 2 week event)

Even the dlc for rdo is cool at this point..

2 minutes ago, Dourvas said:

Idk mate. Almost most of the times we get some kind of trailer(when we have a 2 week event)

Even the dlc for rdo is cool at this point..

Well, it depends on what you're expecting after the two week event. E&E? VI? Something else?

If you're wondering why your (everyone's) posts are needing manual approval - actually, you don't even need to wonder why. It's obvious.

Cheers.

I mean, if you say that a DLC for Red Dead Online would be cool then... all these DLCs for Grand Theft Auto: Online must be cool too.

I don't mind them if they give joy to the players.

Volatollotalov

I thought that the T2 discussion was decent enough. Doing something like that is an important move that shouldn't be understated.

But oh my is it just me or is E3 as a whole this year just... deflated? Uncreative and unambitious. A lot of the presentation feels like a budget podcast.

17 minutes ago, Volatollotalov said:

But oh my is it just me or is E3 as a whole this year just... deflated? Uncreative and unambitious. A lot of the presentation feels like a budget podcast.

The Xbox & Bethesda showcase was combined, so there was technically one less. Ubisoft is always underwhelming. EA has their in over a months time, and Sony aren't doing anything at all. It's better than last years spread out SGF. But everything being rather compressed together when there's less to show has made it feel less exciting.

Also, in the modern day, games take too long to make. So everything is either years away, or too early to show/announce. 

If this was any other publisher I doubt people would bat an eyelid. I really don't know what is surprising, after a year of pandemic, horror stories of abuse at Ubisoft, the BLM movement etc, about a discussion encouraging respect and acknowledgement of women, POC and LGBTQ+ people in your corporation. They also did exactly what they said they would be doing, it's pure idiocy to expect anything else, i's like buying a can of beans and expecting spaghetti hoops inside. 

"but E3 is about games!!" - sure but it's also for businesses to come together and discuss the industry, and this panel would have happened even if it was an in-person event this year. People didn't have to watch it if they didn't want to 🤣 Take-Two also never announce anything on behalf of Rockstar so game discussion is a dead-end regardless.

1 hour ago, PUTKA said:

So 'Diversity, Equity & Inclusion' shouldn't be taken so seriously and the Oscars deserve a more professional take/more effort when it comes to its representation.
OK :)

No, it means the message was the important bit, not the graphical presentation but you already knew that. 

E3 has a history of streamed panels like this in the past, for the record. The E3 Coliseum stuff hosted one or two over the years for example.

E3 traditionally has been A LOT more than just game announcements, that's only a relatively recent thing. That's the actual reason why there's arguments about whether E3 is kinda out of place these days, not because of takes like "hur dur no games i want were announced e3 is ded exdee" but because it's become all about announcements, with the rest of what traditionally goes on at E3 becoming out of place at the event.

Uncle Sikee Atric
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

E3 has a history of streamed panels like this in the past, for the record. The E3 Coliseum stuff hosted one or two over the years for example.

E3 traditionally has been A LOT more than just game announcements, that's only a relatively recent thing.

A case in point that always makes me smile :

There's more to life than just new game announcements, without the classics to recall and remember, new games wouldn't even exist.

Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric

Volatollotalov
30 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

The Xbox & Bethesda showcase was combined, so there was technically one less. Ubisoft is always underwhelming. EA has their in over a months time, and Sony aren't doing anything at all. It's better than last years spread out SGF. But everything being rather compressed together when there's less to show has made it feel less exciting.

Also, in the modern day, games take too long to make. So everything is either years away, or too early to show/announce. 

Yeah I get that, my gripe was just more about the presentational style of some of the content. Kind of how it's curated and presented. Not the T2 slot, just the vibe of the whole thing. It could be more creative and engaging.

Also I realize that as I typed my earlier comment the Mythical Games slot started and I thought, 'yeah, that was pretty well made'. I guess it's easy to be an armchair critic, and yes it has been thrown together in challenging times, and yes it's not first and foremost an entertainment product, and yes the skills needed to run a good conference are very different to the skills you need to run a good virtual conference, but ... meh. I dunno. I guess I'm just bored of the plague and the apparent nadir of creatively inspiring things in general.

Edited by Volatollotalov

Also, straight from Wikipedia:

E3 (short for Electronic Entertainment Expo) is a trade event for the video game industry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E3

E3 is not a gaming event. The actual E3 is a bunch of booths for media and corporate with panels like this and such, and sometimes booths that happen to have game demos in them for press etc. E3 was never open to the fans until recently. The conferences we see, just as Jason mentioned, are bonuses so the same corps can show what's the latest, and also grab the attention of the gamers at the same time. E3 is by no means a gaming event, it's a corporate and industry event. Has been since its inception.

Doodling Hitman
1 hour ago, TagoKG said:

This year e3 was a Joke 

always got a few of these clowns

Volatollotalov

Also, I bet they're not gonna release E4 until at least 2025

...Sorry guys, I'll get my coat.

2 hours ago, uNi said:

It's quite unbelievable how gamers are upset with Take-Two. The ESA explicitly stated in its schedule that it would a conference for 'Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Kirsty and I even made tweets to the community but many ignored them and still went with the mindset that "rOcKstAr iS gOiNg tO aNNoCe gTa 6". I am not defending Take-Two but I find funny how people knew beforehand are complaining about yet knowing this was going to happen. Nothing was going magically appear, people definitely knew this going to happen since I even retweeted Kirsty's tweet on the GTA Online news account and my tweet from this morning to remind everyone gained some attention.

59 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Electronic Entertainment Expo

ah I got the joke, E3 with three E's 

1 hour ago, Volatollotalov said:

It definitely didn't have the same 'big event' kind of feel the usual show has. The live event with a crowd and onstage presentations makes it far more exciting and a big weekend event thing rather than just a flat lineup of streams I think, though it was far better than last year's dribble of info throughout the summer. I for one can't wait for the real thing to hopefully resume next year; the games shown IMO just weren't very interesting apart from one or two projects, and it felt like half of them were the same co-op zombie shooter reskinned though I guess the last year of pandemic really did hit production hard enough to impact what they have to show.

• Like 3

ArthurZussman

Man, sometimes it's horrible to be part of the GTA fanbase, or a Rockstar fan in general.

CynicalMexican

Jeez, people need to chill and not read too much into ever T2 fart there is. 

Play other games, find new hobbies. GTA isn't the center of life. 

PhantomJawn

Today folks realized that Take Two is bigger than just Rockstar or GTA unfortunately

• KEKW 2
  • excuseme 1

Why is everyone so upset about the Take 2 conference? It was literally written beforehand on the schedule that the conference was about diversity and inclusiveness.

Reading the rage on reddit is pretty great as well. I honestly dunno what the big deal is, if you don't wanna watch it... Then don't watch it.

• KEKW 2