GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5.69]

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

GTA Trilogy Speculation Topic

GTA V Expanded & Enhanced Discussion Topic

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

Saints Row 2022 Reboot - General gaming section

PLEASE avoid sh*tposting for no reason, this topic would rather be dead than have people arguing or posting bad memes that are just spam.

ElGrandoSmokio69

I suggest everyone to check the article again. It's interesting to say the least.

MarshDanni

Well, well, well, how the turntables.

Anyways, no big surprise here to be quite honest. I just saw an interesting comment on reddit however which got me thinking. A guy said that GTA V E&E could be a great testing ground for Rockstar Games for GTA VI. Just to see how tech works and such, and to be honest it changed my feelings toward it.

As many of you, at first I was annoyed that we're getting the same stuff, but if you actually think about it in a way that it could help them deliver us something greater I think it's worth it in the end.

Posted (edited)

That's a theory some of us have had around here and I agree with. Despite GTA V E&E being yet another version of GTA V some devs have to work on, if they update the engine, it may very well be the perfect playground for GTA VI content, including for content teasers a la RDR2.

Oh wait, @ElGrandoSmokio69 I thought you were spamming a sh*tty meme and I was hiding it, was the article actually edited? Bahahah. Apologies then. That seals it even more.

Edit: Here's an archive.is link in case they change it again or something.

https://archive.is/xQEie

Edited by Spider-Vice
added link

I'm grown-up now.
Run my own business, have my dream house and cars, enough money to travel and yet I still find myself on this forum...
My head hurts trying to remember what I've read, when and where I've read it...
I find myself thinking for far too long "what could it be... find the logic".
Speculating, making educated guesses... it's sometimes fun and even thrilling.

I didn't even enjoy their latest games that much... yet I'm still here.
I can't stand(though can understand) Rockstar... yet I'm still here.

Hmmm... GTA has become something huge.
It's special.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, BAGS00 said:

Join my team guys, makes more sense :kekw: 

http://imgur.com/gallery/vKEwLzB

ZN5hJOZ.png?1

Me smoking that "GTA VI must be modern day" pack when GTA VI is revealed to be set in the past.

Let's try to avoid this becoming another modern day vs past fight again though. Let's celebrate that the leak was fake!!!

Edited by Zello

Another interesting piece of history to add to the collection.

What's funny about this is even Yan himself said it was interesting and everyone fell for it even harder.

kekw.png

Something smelled to me personally despite it being an interesting (well-put) post overall, because for one the timings of the original RDR2 leaks didn't make sense. There's a whole other argument that could be made about the amount of info about BOTH RDR2 and GTA VI this person would know at the same time (knowing all this info about two separate projects from one person? Even considering yes coworkers can talk to one another, be friends and talk about intra-department stuff, etc. but still, unless they're super high up...) as well.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

LMAO 🤣

PKq4yGz.jpg

NO F*CKING WAY KEWK, all that post was... SUS😳😳

Edited by rml_gta

55 minutes ago, Zello said:

ZN5hJOZ.png?1

Me smoking that "GTA VI must be modern day" pack when GTA VI is revealed to be set in the past.

Let's try to avoid this becoming another modern day vs past fight again though. Let's celebrate that the leak was fake!!!

Besides, it said that there were only 2 protagonists, Where was Rose?! So sexist!😡, and they even changed Kacey's gender 🤬, stop being sO wOkE!

12 hours ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

Following how Rockstar generally go about announcing and marketing their games, I think something more along the lines of:

- Announced 2022

- Silence until 2023

- Trailer and marketing in late 2023/early 2024

- Delayed twice during 2024

- Release in 2025

- PC announcement 2026

- PC version delayed in 2026

- PC version release 2027

You really don't like PC Huh

Thomas Cavendish
59 minutes ago, uNi said:

merlin_160186938_1db0d371-8e4f-4ad6-bea4

I hope VI will look like this.

• excuseme 2

BS_BlackScout
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PUTKA said:

I'm grown-up now.
Run my own business, have my dream house and cars, enough money to travel and yet I still find myself on this forum...
My head hurts trying to remember what I've read, when and where I've read it...
I find myself thinking for far too long "what could it be... find the logic".
Speculating, making educated guesses... it's sometimes fun and even thrilling.

I didn't even enjoy their latest games that much... yet I'm still here.
I can't stand(though can understand) Rockstar... yet I'm still here.

Hmmm... GTA has become something huge.
It's special.

I used to be like this. I still have muscle memory of typing in gtaforums.com on my browser bar. It's horrible. 

I remember spending hours every day on the PC threads for GTA V. So much time of my teenage years wasted. 

Edited by BlackScout
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BlackScout said:

I used to be like this. I still have muscle memory of typing in gtaforums.com on my browser bar. It's horrible. 

I remember spending hours every day on the PC threads for GTA V. So much time of my teenage years wasted. 

True. It's a waste of time even though it gets you hyped up and is fun sometimes.

Was much easier when I was a kid.

We were at IT class when the guy next to me said "check this game out".

I looked at his screen and saw him mawing pedestrians with a car.

I was like "What's the point..." 

He just said "Come try it".

GTA 1 was just released back then and that's how I got introduced to it 🤣

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Vfwe8oE.png?1

I gotta say man this has truly been the most entertaining season of this show.

Edited by Zello

gucciflipflops
4 hours ago, DeltaV20 said:

Leslie Jones ? Elizabeta Torres !!?? 
360.png

that was the only character which got into my mind when i heard leslie jones inspired character

ahaha i was thinking of divine from the original gta, but elizabeta torres works too. 

Volatollotalov
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, GRANDHEIST said:

Hope that was a fake profile in Medium and not an actual "independent games journalist" trying to "seek work"

Cause that's not how you go about it...

After a little searching, there doesn't seem to be any other 'journalism' from this guy. Anyone who's a Journalism major should usually have a trail of articles they wrote lurking around out there somewhere, even if they were just for a student paper or a blog. Moreso for someone apparently actively seeking to work in the biz, they should be churning them out.

I think it's highly unlikely this guy is legit and was duped by someone sending him false info. The whole thing is a deliberate fake.

My personal theory is that we won't have seen the last of whoever is behind this. Just like the fake map leakers, they'll take on board the reaction (that's what they feed off, after all) and try again with something slightly improved in a few weeks or months.

Elaborately faking lots of source material and then constructing a whole article around it is nothing new. My favorite is this one, about Marlon Brando's liquid egg delivery business in 1960s LA.  But I digress, again... 😆

Edited by Volatollotalov
  • Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

HOW'S ANNIE?
1 hour ago, Crateman said:

You really don't like PC Huh

Have you seen how Rockstar go about their PC releases? They screw over PC gamers big time, every time. It's obviously Rockstar who hate PC.

• Like 1

gucciflipflops

lmao, not surprised this turned out to be fake, he had me for a second tho

11 minutes ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

Have you seen how Rockstar go about their PC releases? They screw over PC gamers big time, every time. It's obviously Rockstar who hate PC.

I agree, as PC player i suffer this nonsense :/:facedesk::sui:

• Like 2
  • Bruh 1

7 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

The person who posted this here hadn't posted since 2018, but I don't think they are the author. Could they be friends, perhaps. But definitely looks like the author is reacting to the posts here or on Reddit then.

I saw the article on the gamingleaks subreddit and decided to post it here

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ADropInTheOcean said:

It's fake, I've done some research in the past handful of hours and it seems pretty obviously fabricated. Crossposting from r/GTA6:

• First and foremost, the most obvious rebuttal: the thread number on the OP does not match any existing thread on the only archive that seems to have catalogued 4chan posts from that period of time. With this website having about 8606 pages of /v/ threads from May 2014 to July 2016, and with all of these being automatically extracted, it seems unlikely that this one in particular would be missing. You can maybe assume some explanations: perhaps the original thread was taken down through some surreptitious DMCA claim on behalf of 2K? Or, maybe, the archive is just incomplete as the result of some technical issues on part of the host? However, even then, there are still more compelling reasons to discredit this leak.
  • One thing you might have noticed in the provided screenshots is that all posts in the thread have a 9-digit post number starting with "3388", which, as you can probably guess, is simply the cumulative amount of posts that had been made on the board until then. Problem is, there were no posts with the 3388xxxxx format on the 11th of May of 2016, because the /v/ board hadn't yet reached its three hundred thirty eight million, eight hundred thousandth post and it wouldn't do so until somewhere around the 25th of May. What this means is that the screenshots provide a post number that is, basically, impossible for the date it was allegedly posted in.
  • Still, let's maybe really stretch our imagination and assume that perhaps something also went wrong with the archive here and that the threads were only added within some weeks of delay, hence why the dates don't match - and under that incredibly shaky assumption, the only thing that would really refute this would be if, somehow, you would be able to find a post with the exact same ID as another one in the screenshots but featuring entirely different content instead. This took me quite a little bit of a while to track down since the archive doesn't have a search function for individual post numbers, but after going through some different threads with IDs in the same ballpark, I finally found it: the screenshots have post #338856802 of the /v/ board being someone asking about John Marston in Red Dead Redemption 2 to this alleged leaker, but in reality, the actual post #338856802 of /v/ was just someone complaining about healing roles in Overwatch. This right here, I believe, ultimately proves with very little doubt that the screenshots were fabricated: as far as I know, when it comes to Futaba Channel-like imageboards, there shouldn't be any reason as to why two posts on the same board would have the same number, and therefore, when you take everything else into account, it becomes transparently obvious that this is just an edited page done either with inspect element or through photoshop or whatnot.

So, in conclusion, I should probably reevaluate my life choice of dedicating so much time to debunking such bullsh*t, but also, if this posts helps at least one person to not to be baited by false information then I feel like it might have been worth it. Remember to stay skeptical, fellas!

Great post! Thanks for debunking this, now it's confirmed to be fake after even the author changed the article into "when the imposter is sus" lmao. Guess I'm pretty late but just woke up. I love when people here work together and debunk a fake leak. Best thing about this community unlike Reddit where it's chaos most of the time.

Also the reddit post about that article is now deleted by OP for some reason lol.

Edited by Orthur The Boah
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 2

6 hours ago, Punkd said:

vi.jpg

gtaF users right now

This is so accurate lmao I was thinking about this leak all night and woke up earlier than usual to check the thread, GTA makes me do unusual things man :kekw:

R* pls end our suffering by announcing VI.

4 hours ago, MarshDanni said:

Well, well, well, how the turntables.

Anyways, no big surprise here to be quite honest. I just saw an interesting comment on reddit however which got me thinking. A guy said that GTA V E&E could be a great testing ground for Rockstar Games for GTA VI. Just to see how tech works and such, and to be honest it changed my feelings toward it.

As many of you, at first I was annoyed that we're getting the same stuff, but if you actually think about it in a way that it could help them deliver us something greater I think it's worth it in the end.

That has always been my consideration for this next release of GTAV, I made a few comments about it before, we got it for PS4 and they give us RDR2 after, if they do it again to give us something even more impressive ((which I am sure they will)) I am happy with it.

If studios can pull out Horizon Forbidden West ((cross gen)) and Ratchet and Clank ((current gen)) this early into the new generation, I can't imagine what Rockstar is going to make when they get more familiarized with the new tech, and this re-release is the perfect chance for that in my opinion, continuing the revenue stream while also learning what the new machines are capable of.

So I'm driving home I decide to put on the 80s throwback radio station and this song comes on

It's a sign. GTA VI will be in the 80s 😭😭😭

AbOCykY.jpg

GTAF right now. Remember kids, don't do drugs.

Posted (edited)

In high school did they ever teach you the BS test? Our librarian did. When you're writing a paper or doing research if the source is unreliable or looks fishy don't trust it.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

On 5/27/2021 at 7:12 PM, KGBeast said:

Schreier is literally one of the biggest scumbags in games journalism. He isn't 'paying a price'. Rockstar wants nothing to do with him because to his own admission there, he spends an inordinate amount of time slandering them and attempting to bully them into submission to his woke orthodoxy with bad publicity. He does this with impunity and literally pays no price. He's not a journalist, he's a muckraker. 

The actual f*ck are you talking about. His reporting on the sh*tty crunch culture at Rockstar has resulted in extremely positive changes at the company. These developers are ecstatic when f*ckery at their workplace is exposed and he continues to reel in contacts there because of it. What "woke orthodoxy" has he bullied them into?  Why do you have an irrelevant screengrab of a forum post he made a decade ago at hands reach? This unhealthy obsession people have with any kind of journalism aimed at the gaming industry has always been the strangest thing to me. It benefits players and developers alike. It's a no brainer to support and yet whenever a journalist's name is invoked you have these dudes crawl out of the woodwork salivating at the thought of telling you how much they personally despise them. It's such larpy behavior dude.

• Like 2