Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    2. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    3. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. Bugs*

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    6. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5.69]


Spider-Vice
 Share

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

GTA Trilogy Speculation Topic

GTA V Expanded & Enhanced Discussion Topic

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

Saints Row 2022 Reboot - General gaming section

 

PLEASE avoid sh*tposting for no reason, this topic would rather be dead than have people arguing or posting bad memes that are just spam.

Recommended Posts

Len Lfc
1 minute ago, Ser_Salty said:

No, you can quite easily tell that this is just something made quite quickly in Unreal Engine (most likely), probably using premade assets not utilizing proper equipment that studios like Rockstar have (Which is why the bodies, for example, look slightly off)

It also has that unique "If I just use a lot of bloom and blur my game looks good" a lot of poorly made Unreal games have

My recollection was that it was deemed they were made using Amazon Lumberyard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Orthur
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Right. Still looks regurgitated as all hell from that real leak tbh, which is the one I remember. Nothing about a San Denis, or etc. just story details which did end up being true. I think the guy just took that leak that was widely discussed (then found to be true) at the time, and added  to it himself. I have a feeling we'd have seen 4chan links to the other stuff in the past.

 

Extremely leaning towards fabricated on this one given all the investigation done so far on this topic and the guy reacting to the comments by deleting comments, other articles, etc.

Well looks like my guess could be right, the author did it for clicks.

 

And the leak could have been fabricated using existing leaks like The Know and Tom Henderson so it seems real.

7 hours ago, Orthur The Boah said:

Yeah, I don't think we ever had a story leak for RDR2 on 4chan, correct me if I'm wrong but this was the only legit story leak RDR2 had :

  Reveal hidden contents

 

It's possible those screenshots were faked by the author of the article for maybe getting clicks(?). It's not that hard to fake a 4chan thread in a world where fake leakers make satellite maps with effort. But like I said so far everything that the leaker says in those screenshots are backed up by something else and makes sense (female protagonist, modern day and drug smuggling from an island, these aren't anything new and are backed up by other leaks, plus they make sense) which leads me to think maybe they used those leaks as their basis. 

 

Even their year of GTA VI pre-production, etc sounds pretty reasonable, though. Just saying, it's not something that can't be faked.

 

Edited by Orthur The Boah
  • Like 2
  • YEE 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(Vip)Met

I gotta say, at this point we're all so much into GTA6 that Rockstar is getting in very dangerous water.
GTA6 might end up like Half-Life 2: Episode 3 (Or Half-Life 3 if you want), meaning that it will gradually get too dangerous to release a new chapter because of the expectations that are building up and will continue to do so, making it very slowly some sort of a risk.
The only thing that would make me confute this theory is... well, money. But than again, GTAO doesn't seem to be slowing down at any time in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

seth297

this new leak is clearly fake if this was way back in 2016 someone would have  picked it up . 

the only legit leaks i think are the know and the scouting letter . 

south florida/georgia map probably an island like cayo perico for sa i put money on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Orthur

I was so ready to smuggle drugs from/to Cuba in VI. Turns out it's another day another fake leak. But it was fun debunking it with you guys ;)

 

@Dourvas Maybe you won't have to get a tattoo this year after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

deadasdisco
Posted (edited)

Look I don't really know how 4chan works that well lol; but there is a /v thread archived on fireden that seems to only go back to 26 of May 2016 with the same "post numbers" mentioned being replied to? If that's what you call it? That continues on speaking about games and sh*t. I don't really know how long threads last on /v back then

 

338856472

338860086

338861742

338862169

338857375

338859395

 

All I can really bothered to have found at present. Don't know what to think maybe something did exist? Kotaku article seems weird tho?

Edited by deadasdisco
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GRANDHEIST

Another Day, Another Dead End...

geH1VIl.gif

  • KEKW 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Orthur
2 minutes ago, deadasdisco said:

Look I don't really know how 4chan works that well lol; but there is a /v thread archived on fireden that seems to only go back to 26 of May 2016 with the same "post numbers" mentioned being replied to? If that's what you call it? That continues on speaking about games and sh*t. I don't really know how long threads last on /v back then

 

338856472

338860086

338861742

338862169

338857375

338859395

 

All I can really bothered to have found at present. Don't know what to think maybe something did exist? Kotaku article seems weird tho?

These threads doesn't mention anything related to GTA VI or RDR2 though. 

 

And I can't relate more, I have no idea how 4chan works, cheers mate :kekw:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

My recollection was that it was deemed they were made using Amazon Lumberyard.

Wasn't in Unity engine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc
3 minutes ago, deadasdisco said:

Look I don't really know how 4chan works that well lol; but there is a /v thread archived on fireden that seems to only goes back to 26 of May 2016 with the same "post numbers" mentioned being replied to? If that's what you call it? That continues on speaking about games and sh*t. I don't really know how long threads last on /v back then

 

338856472

338860086

338861742

338862169

338857375

338859395

 

All I can really bothered to have found at present. Don't know what to think maybe something did exist? Kotaku article seems weird tho?

I know of fireden. But I don't really use it or know how it works (How or why things get archived)

But it's weird that they have different date and timestamps for being the same number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DeltaV20
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, (Vip)Met said:

GTAO doesn't seem to be slowing down at any time in the future.

yep not any time soon , gtaO is getting more and more popularity each year , 2019 got more players (broke the previous records) bcz of casino dlc , even more in 2020 , and in 2021 gtaO is going to get some high amount of audience due to existence of E&E 

Edited by DeltaV20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

maximilian_gor1

Can we just pin this: We will get GTA VI in the next 5 years minimum :kekw:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

deadasdisco
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

These threads doesn't mention anything related to GTA VI or RDR2 though. 

 

And I can't relate more, I have no idea how 4chan works, cheers mate :kekw:

 

5 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

I know of fireden. But I don't really use it or know how it works (How or why things get archived)

But it's weird that they have different date and timestamps for being the same number.

That that was all that fireden could archive back with the specific posters/posts.... relating to this thread. If it did exist i'm guessing the thread continued on talking about games cause it started in /v. Not everything is archived with 4chan, its up to private hosts if they want to collect that data. 

Edited by deadasdisco
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WanteD1
5 hours ago, Dourvas said:


F*cking bullsh!t! 

1*nyFZyhDPKp6Duu_i3VDPtQ.jpeg

He says RDR2's world is not connected to any other game! but we already know RDR2 and GTAV/GTAO worlds are connected together! (El Rubio....)
+ (( You might laugh but)) I said I hope we will see Francis Sinclair and Isabeau Katharina in GTA VI and preacher liked it! 

So f*ck this.... 80s master race! can not wait to experience GTA VI in 80s Vice City and South America with my RTX 5080Ti 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Orthur
4 minutes ago, deadasdisco said:

 

That that was all that fireden could archive back with the specific posters/posts.... relating to this thread. If it did exist i'm guessing the thread continued on talking about games cause it started in /v. Not everything is archived with 4chan, its up to private hosts if they want to collect that data. 

Let me make sure I'm understanding this right, this either means that the thread and the Leaker existed, or maybe the Author of the article somehow found these 'numbers' to use on their forged screenshots.

 

I'm not sure if the latter is possible but I think if it is, then it's what really happened. The author even deleted the comment asking about the link for the kotaku article, something they wouldn't have done if they weren't the one behind it. It's fishy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

deadasdisco
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

Let me make sure I'm understanding this right, this either means that the thread and the Leaker existed, or maybe the Author of the article somehow found these 'numbers' to use on their forged screenshots.

 

I'm not sure if the latter is possible but I think if it is, then it's what really happened. The author even deleted the comment asking about the link for the kotaku article, something they wouldn't have done if they weren't the one behind it. It's fishy.

It would be a pain in the ass to have to tie up all these poster ID numbers for a fake thread. Some of the numbers exist within a the later month of May. It's looking more and more authentic then it did before. I'm on another archive site going back as far as I can with everyone replying to each other to see the older topics but I just don't think anything else is archived.

Edited by deadasdisco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spider-Vice
5 minutes ago, ADropInTheOcean said:

taken down through some surreptitious DMCA claim on behalf of 2K

If not even the Reddit leaks were taken down, I'd say that wouldn't have been either. Great analysis!

giphy.gif

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Link to comment
Share on other sites

aFIockOfSeagulls
37 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

yep not any time soon , gtaO is getting more and more popularity each year , 2019 got more players (broke the previous records) bcz of casino dlc , even more in 2020 , and in 2021 gtaO is going to get some high amount of audience due to existence of E&E 

 

I think R* is going to use E&E to set up GTA VI Online. I have a feeling! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc

Okay, so a few possibilities:

 

  1. The screenshots are fake and they edited pre-existing comments to create a hoax. Not too difficult, inspect element is pretty easy. But there's a lot of attention to detail, such as the right file size and dimensions of the attached map screenshot; 220 x 220 74KB, unless it was about RDR2 and they just added more false detail.
  2. The screenshots are fake and they made up the comment numbers. That's a mega pain in the ass and someone would have to go through real effort to do all that. Not impossible, but making sure each comment number matches would be difficult and annoying. But people have done worse to create hoaxes.
  3. They're real and someone just took a screenshot and didn't bother to post until now. Nobody was talking about GTA 6 that much back then and RDR2 was the main point, so it may have ended up being forgotten. Why would you look at them now, after all? Not surprising it'd end up lost or forgotten.
  4. They aren't real and they're either faked using method 1. or 2. Why post them now? Did they just notice it when going through old files? Interesting coincidence, but it's happened to me in the past. Could easily just be someone looking to troll or get a reaction. Social experiment, let's call it. Who knows?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

eastriver

Got to give props to this latest 4chan leak fake. I fell for it initially until ADropInTheOcean decisively proved it to be fake... some dude really went out of his way to create a believable 4chan thread discussion lmao.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spider-Vice
3 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Okay, so a few possibilities:

 

  1. The screenshots are fake and they edited pre-existing comments to create a hoax. Not too difficult, inspect element is pretty easy. But there's a lot of attention to detail, such as the right file size and dimensions of the attached map screenshot; 220 x 220 74KB, unless it was about RDR2 and they just added more false detail.
  2. The screenshots are fake and they made up the comment numbers. That's a mega pain in the ass and someone would have to go through real effort to do all that. Not impossible, but making sure each comment number matches would be difficult and annoying. But people have done worse to create hoaxes.
  3. They're real and someone just took a screenshot and didn't bother to post until now. Nobody was talking about GTA 6 that much back then and RDR2 was the main point, so it may have ended up being forgotten. Why would you look at them now, after all? Not surprising it'd end up lost or forgotten.
  4. They aren't real and they're either faked using method 1. or 2. Why post them now? Did they just notice it when going through old files? Interesting coincidence, but it's happened to me in the past. Could easily just be someone looking to troll or get a reaction. Social experiment, let's call it. Who knows?

You're talking like people don't go to large extents to make up something fake, even on this very forum :p but there's always an oversight and the post IDs are a pretty big one. Especially if they're global, much like the internal post IDs on this forum.

giphy.gif

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Middle Class Roadman

Ultimately, who cares. The game probably isn't gonna be announced until 2027.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DeltaV20
7 minutes ago, aFIockOfSeagulls said:

 

I think R* is going to use E&E to set up GTA VI Online. I have a feeling! 

maybe gta Online will finally have it's own engine since it's a separate title stitched with gta V but well E&E is not going to be a remake or is it? 👀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc
12 minutes ago, ADropInTheOcean said:

First and foremost, the most obvious rebuttal: the thread number on the OP does not match any existing thread on the only archive that seems to have catalogued 4chan posts from that period of time.

I've tried that with 4chan posts I have screenshots of. None of which return any results. How accurate is it?

 

1 minute ago, Spider-Vice said:

You're talking like people don't go to large extents to make up something fake, even on this very forum :p but there's always an oversight and the post IDs are a pretty big one. Especially if they're global, much like the internal post IDs on this forum.

Oh trust me, I know. I was just telling @Orthur The Boah about thesurvivor2299.com only a few days ago lmao.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

aFIockOfSeagulls
2 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

maybe gta Online will finally have it's own engine since it's a separate title stitched with gta V but well E&E is not going to be a remake or is it? 👀

 

I surely hope it's not a remake. With enhanced it implies that this Online version is going to offer me. And frankly,it better be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ADropInTheOcean
1 minute ago, Len Lfc said:

I've tried that with 4chan posts I have screenshots of. None of which return any results. How accurate is it?

If you're talking about individual posts then I unfortunately don't think that is possible on that particular archive, all you can get are thread IDs (which are the number of the first post) *and* they have to be from that board (/v/) and somewhere between May 2014 and July 2016 - hence probably why some other assorted 4chan screenshots you have don't work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc
2 minutes ago, ADropInTheOcean said:

If you're talking about individual posts then I unfortunately don't think that is possible on that particular archive, all you can get are thread IDs (which are the number of the first post) *and* they have to be from that board (/v/) and somewhere between May 2014 and July 2016 - hence probably why some other assorted 4chan screenshots you have don't work.

I did mean threads, not posts. But they don't fit that date range. That'll be why. Do you have a way to search more recent archives, like 2019/20? If only to double check and make sure it adds up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 8 Users Currently Viewing
    5 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

    • Romakasi
    • BootGuy
    • cremefraiche
    • igrobar
    • Balex
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.