1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Could GTA 6 be the last GTA we will ever get?

TrueGamer

juansero29

GTA V Story mode was the last GTA for me. 2015 onwards, only sci-fi stuff and brainless updates sadly. I have only mild expectations for GTA 6.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I mean, we don't even know if we'll see gta 6 at this point. Everything can happen, and if one day gta 6 gets announced and comes out, to see gta 7 we'll surely have to wait something like 20 or even more years (if it'll exist).

CynicalMexican

If they integrate the futuristic crap in the main story, I'd be happy if the series died.

On 4/25/2021 at 3:32 PM, nicktestbranch said:

If GTA V is so great why is there no GTA V 2?

GTA V 2 came out on PS4/Xbox1, GTA V 3 will be coming out on PS5/XSX.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

If they integrate the futuristic crap in the main story, I'd be happy if the series died.

At this point they probably will if GTA 6 will be set in 2020-2025. (My personal opinion, and if it happens i probably won't enjoy it.)

2 minutes ago, Orbea Occam said:

GTA V 2 came out on PS4/Xbox1, GTA V 3 will be coming out on PS5/XSX.

The pc version should be GTA V 3 as it came out in 2015 then

Edited by Diciotto
On 4/25/2021 at 10:54 PM, Thomas Cavendish said:

it's being kind of bittersweet these times for people like us in the 30s 40s.
To see those masterpieces single player experieces to turn out into a massive nonsense online childish mess.

I'm 20 and I still feel the same way too. A lot of triple A games are now being made with monetization in sight for years to come.

CynicalMexican
27 minutes ago, Octane said:

I'm 20 and I still feel the same way too. A lot of triple A games are now being made with monetization in sight for years to come.

Ugh that hit me hard.

Rockstar was the king of single player games. They had f*cking balls. Bully, Manhunt, the Warriors. So many great gems.

Now they're Blizzard and GTA Online is their Warcraft. I missed the days when online gaming stuck to its own damn sphere. Like keep that crap there. Some of us just want to play a game alone.

GTA 6 will come out, but what happens next? Probably more online crap. Maybe R* will even go the further mile and do an Agents of Mayhem like spinoff for the series that's online only.

• Like 3
Jokeman123
3 hours ago, CynicalMexican said:

Ugh that hit me hard.

Rockstar was the king of single player games. They had f*cking balls. Bully, Manhunt, the Warriors. So many great gems.

Now they're Blizzard and GTA Online is their Warcraft. I missed the days when online gaming stuck to its own damn sphere. Like keep that crap there. Some of us just want to play a game alone.

GTA 6 will come out, but what happens next? Probably more online crap. Maybe R* will even go the further mile and do an Agents of Mayhem like spinoff for the series that's online only.

RDR2 doesn't exist?

The Tracker
29 minutes ago, Jokeman123 said:

RDR2 doesn't exist?

It does, but what happened next? More online crap. Where's my single player DLC, C*?

• Like 2
CynicalMexican
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Jokeman123 said:

RDR2 doesn't exist?

But that's the thing. Back in the day we got a new game every year. Hell, in the early 2010s, we got RDR, LA Noire and Max Payne 3. 

Plus RDR2 got bastardized by online too, ugh, an online mode that's eh. 

Edited by CynicalMexican
The Tracker
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

But that's the thing. Back in the day we got a new game every year. Hell, in the early 2010s, we got RDR, LA Noire and Max Payne 3. 

Plus RDR2 got bastardized by online too, ugh, an online mode that's eh. 

My main problem isn't the fact that we don't get games more often than before, that's to expect considering how much videogames have advanced, just look at RDR2, it's more detailed and deep than anything they have done before, my main problem is how they treat the single player once it's released, we not only do not get single player DLC, the campaing gets completely abandoned, we could maybe get some online content into offline, some The Witcher 3-esque free DLC (Even paid DLC, I would give a kidney for a poncho), some beta assets that couldn't be completed due to the press of release (ahem, beta epilogue John Marston), we could even get some enhancements in some minor inconveniences in the game to improve the experience, but NOPE, single player is death for them once they let us play with it, it's like they're afraid everyone would suddenly stop playing online if SP gets cool stuff as well. 

Edited by The Tracker
  • Like 2
On 4/10/2021 at 9:19 PM, testarossa 86 said:

this might sound crazy but, I think as the years progress the more of a demand for games set prior to the 2000s become.

today our society is obsessed with the 80s, and some people claim they wish they lived in the 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s without looking at the bigger picture in some sense.

what I mean by the big picture is, most people don't consider the lack of technology, social issues, sort of think everything is "perfect" etc

not bashing anyone's love for a specific decade, but I just think it's sort of ironic that as we progress into the future, we become "obsessed" with the past.

The simplicity, carefree aura the olden days' exudes through your screen is very real....we all yearn for those days, I miss the 2000s when I was a kid.

ArthurZussman
1 hour ago, The Tracker said:

It does, but what happened next? More online crap. Where's my single player DLC, C*?

Why so much obssession with singleplayer dlcs? This is your desire, but Rockstar doesnt have any obligation do to any singleplayer DLC. Singleplayer DLC would be good? Yes. Rockstar will someday do another singleplayer DLC? Much likely not. RDR2 and GTA V are proofs of that. Both have online, so why do a SP dlc?

The Tracker
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, ArthurZussman said:

Why so much obssession with singleplayer dlcs? This is your desire, but Rockstar doesnt have any obligation do to any singleplayer DLC. Singleplayer DLC would be good? Yes. Rockstar will someday do another singleplayer DLC? Much likely not. RDR2 and GTA V are proofs of that. Both have online, so why do a SP dlc?

Yeah, right? Why the "obsession" for more single player content, the reason we BUY Rockstar Games in the f*cking first place. Did you read my last comment? The issues are far, far more than just a lack of single player DLC. Your last sentence just make the whole point, online is mostly a souless, grindy and repetitive cashgrab, it can be fun with friends, but its nowhere near comparable with the quality and enjoyment you can get from a single player experience, not for me at least.

Edited by The Tracker
CynicalMexican
40 minutes ago, rjmthe2nd said:

The simplicity, carefree aura the olden days' exudes through your screen is very real....we all yearn for those days, I miss the 2000s when I was a kid.

Hell yeah I miss the 2000s too. Would love a 2000-02 period piece. 

I find the 80s and 90s to be depressing though. 

The Tracker
3 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

Wha, wha, WHAT!? How?

46 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

Hell yeah I miss the 2000s too. Would love a 2000-02 period piece. 

80s gives me sunshine and friendly vibes not sure why it's depressing to you

Emergency_Room
Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2021 at 6:13 PM, Jabalous said:

No, but it might be the last one with Sam Houser still being the president of Rockstar Games, and maybe also other names (e.g. Aaron Garbut).

As for me, personally, it will likely be the last. Not because of old, old age, but I'm at a point where I can see myself moving on from GTA, Rockstar Games and video games. I'm already drifting away, but still excited to witness and experience the next title on the new consoles.

When GTA V lauched I kind of had this feeling that it was the end of an era for me and video games. The new consoles were on the horizon and I knew it was going to be a while before I got one little did I realize just how truly the end of an era it was. Since that time gaming has been kind of a roller coaster for me. First of all I was predominately a console gamer. However the PS3/Xbox360 left an insanely sour taste in my mouth when it comes to console gaming. A lot of it had to do with the reliability of the consoles. I had both and both were garbage. I wound up having to use my extended warrant on my Xbox 360 seven times including taking the first one I ever bought back two days after I bought it. When it became obvious that number 7 was about to bite the dust and with my warranty being expired I decided to try a PS3 and it was not that much better. Between this and also there not being any games I really wanted I never did get a PS4 or XboxONE. About a year ago I got some insurance money and I did go to Best Buy and look at both consoles but left with neither. Do I have any interest in either the  PS5 and Xbox Series X/Series S? If you think I do then go back an re-read everything I have said. In fact I have lost so much interest in console gaming that I had no clue what the new Xbox was called until I looked it up for this post and seriously started to just say "whatever the new Xbox is".

With all that said I am not done with gaming. Remember that insurance money I mentioned? I wound up getting a gaming PC and I absolutely love it and think PC gaming is going to be my thing from now on. Whenever GTA VI comes out on PC you better believe I am going to buy it. However unless one of the new consoles can show me a lot, GTA VI is not going to cause me to buy a new console the same way GTA III/VC and GTAIV did.

Edited by Emergency_Room
CynicalMexican
3 hours ago, Emergency_Room said:

When GTA V lauched I kind of had this feeling that it was the end of an era for me and video games. The new consoles were on the horizon and I knew it was going to be a while before I got one little did I realize just how truly the end of an era it was. Since that time gaming has been kind of a roller coaster for me. First of all I was predominately a console gamer. However the PS3/Xbox360 left an insanely sour taste in my mouth when it comes to console gaming. A lot of it had to do with the reliability of the consoles. I had both and both were garbage. I wound up having to use my extended warrant on my Xbox 360 seven times including taking the first one I ever bought back two days after I bought it. When it became obvious that number 7 was about to bite the dust and with my warranty being expired I decided to try a PS3 and it was not that much better. Between this and also there not being any games I really wanted I never did get a PS4 or XboxONE. About a year ago I got some insurance money and I did go to Best Buy and look at both consoles but left with neither. Do I have any interest in either the  PS5 and Xbox Series X/Series S? If you think I do then go back an re-read everything I have said. In fact I have lost so much interest in console gaming that I had no clue what the new Xbox was called until I looked it up for this post and seriously started to just say "whatever the new Xbox is".

With all that said I am not done with gaming. Remember that insurance money I mentioned? I wound up getting a gaming PC and I absolutely love it and think PC gaming is going to be my thing from now on. Whenever GTA VI comes out on PC you better believe I am going to buy it. However unless one of the new consoles can show me a lot, GTA VI is not going to cause me to buy a new console the same way GTA III/VC and GTAIV did.

Hah, you just reminded me how fragile the 360 and PS3 were. The newer models weren't as bad but still, don't put one on a carpet.

For me, the game that probably ended an era was Watch Dogs 2 - aka, a game that just came straight up with all the content you needed + DLC that actually added to the game. It's been 5 years since and yeah; sadly, microtransactions, buggy launches with big patches, loot boxes, 24/7 connectivity mode, multiplayer integration, etc have just become the norm. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2021 at 9:15 PM, The Tracker said:

Yeah, right? Why the "obsession" for more single player content, the reason we BUY Rockstar Games in the f*cking first place. Did you read my last comment? The issues are far, far more than just a lack of single player DLC. Your last sentence just make the whole point, online is mostly a souless, grindy and repetitive cashgrab, it can be fun with friends, but its nowhere near comparable with the quality and enjoyment you can get from a single player experience, not for me at least.

Wouldn't you rather have a complete full game instead of waiting for SP DLCs? It's funny people bash other companies who release SP DLCs and calling them cash grabs claiming that it was cut content that should have been in the main game in the first place instead of being sold later as DLC just look at Ubisoft. Now you're telling me that you want R* to do that stuff 😂

Edited by Zello
  • excuseme 2
The Tracker
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zello said:

Wouldn't you rather have a complete full game instead of waiting for SP DLCs?

Another one who didn't read my last comment, again, I have not much problem with Rockstar NOT releasing SP DLCs, that's the least of the problems, is the state they leave the single player itself after the game is released, it's downright neglect at this point. Why would I ask for a full game when I know is not comming anytime soon? We could at least have some new content while we wait for a new game, It's not like EFLC was the reason GTA V was delayed twice or something, so what's your point?

It's funny people bash other companies who release SP DLCs and calling them cash grabs claiming that it was cut content that should have been in the main game in the first place instead of being sold later as DLC just look at Ubisoft. Now you're telling me that you want R* to do that stuff

And it's funny how you base your opinion in what other players (that I couldn't care any less) say about completely different companies that have absolutely nothing to do with the way Rockstar does things (Ubisoft? Really???). I love how you act as if EFLC and Undead Nightmare never existed, because yeah, I'd like Rockstar to do such stuff again, not whatever stuff Ubisoft does.

Edited by The Tracker
testarossa 86
On 6/5/2021 at 10:06 PM, rjmthe2nd said:

80s gives me sunshine and friendly vibes not sure why it's depressing to you

movies and other forms of pop culture has definitely mutated our views on decades in the past.

if you watch an episode of Miami Vice, I am sure we've all said to ourselves how nice everything looks and wish we could live in that time.

Miami Vice is obviously fiction and is nowhere near realistic. the main characters display a fictional flashy life that seems like any of us could live just like that in '84 and live comfortably.

now, I am not trying to assume you think just based off that but, it's a very common opinion for many people to point to the past and view it as nice and friendly etc.

another thing people get caught up in is being blinded by nostalgia, which has become super common these days especially with video games/movies the most.

I am not trying to put down your perception of the 80s but, as you said to him "not sure why it's depressing to you" is showing how two different people with two different perceptions of a decade that is created from what they may have experienced from personal experience/family/movies and even other forms of pop culture.

but, of course the 1980's is an amazing decade from the music, neon lights, fashion, cars, building designs, etc.

• Like 1

Not the last of the series, but probably the last for many us that played III-IV in our teens, as if there is another ten years between VI and VII, then that generation would be 40+ married with kids so I imagine VI will be the last many of original generation will play, sadly.

• Like 1
CynicalMexican
1 hour ago, testarossa 86 said:

movies and other forms of pop culture has definitely mutated our views on decades in the past.

if you watch an episode of Miami Vice, I am sure we've all said to ourselves how nice everything looks and wish we could live in that time.

Miami Vice is obviously fiction and is nowhere near realistic. the main characters display a fictional flashy life that seems like any of us could live just like that in '84 and live comfortably.

now, I am not trying to assume you think just based off that but, it's a very common opinion for many people to point to the past and view it as nice and friendly etc.

another thing people get caught up in is being blinded by nostalgia, which has become super common these days especially with video games/movies the most.

I am not trying to put down your perception of the 80s but, as you said to him "not sure why it's depressing to you" is showing how two different people with two different perceptions of a decade that is created from what they may have experienced from personal experience/family/movies and even other forms of pop culture.

but, of course the 1980's is an amazing decade from the music, neon lights, fashion, cars, building designs, etc.

Not to get into the politics because it's irrelevant in this part of the forum, but the 80s were considered an especially depressing era in Latin America due to issues relating to the economy/politics/a bunch of other crap.

But any time period can be painted as happy or sad. It's perception. 

Doodling Hitman

I dunno.. There probably will be a new one after 6 when players get bored eventually. But that can take decades in the future. It's almost been a decade since V came out and they still pump out updates for it. It's not my type of game anymore though. Or at least, not the GTA I've grown to love.

I hope gta 6 will turn it all around. Be more like SA and 4. A mixture of silly and serious, but not too over the top. 

We can never know for sure, but I think GTA can become one big headache for R*. GTA V was the biggest game of all time. How do you surpass something like this? It's no wonder GTA VI is taking so long. The investment, expectation and planning around the game must be of colossal proportions (and so is the risk of insucess).

I believe the future of R* is to invest in new IPs or to look back into the past and reivenst in some of their old IPs like Bully or even Manhunt. Remasters/remakes are also a possiblity (as we all know). Plus... Red Dead Redemption.

Doodling Hitman
13 minutes ago, Wolfman_ said:

We can never know for sure, but I think GTA can become one big headache for R*. GTA V was the biggest game of all time. How do you surpass something like this? It's no wonder GTA VI is taking so long. The investment, expectation and planning around the game must be of colossal proportions (and so is the risk of insucess).

I believe the future of R* is to invest in new IPs or to look back into the past and reivenst in some of their old IPs like Bully or even Manhunt. Remasters/remakes are also a possiblity (as we all know). Plus... Red Dead Redemption.

thinking about this... like... their style of gameplay is super fun, you know? gta and red dead. exploring these vast worlds. what about other different times? i'd love medieval or pirate times from rockstar if it has the same quality as gta and red dead. i find games like assassin's creed severely lacking and unfun to play. I bet if rockstar took a jab at it, it'd be actual fun.

just a thought..

CynicalMexican
2 hours ago, Wolfman_ said:

At the end of the day, R* will have to release something new because shareholders. GTA 6 is going to destroy GTA 5 in terms of profit, let's be real. 

On 6/7/2021 at 11:34 AM, testarossa 86 said:

Although you're right, a dissertation isn't necessary 

gucciflipflops
Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 10:26 PM, CynicalMexican said:

At the end of the day, R* will have to release something new because shareholders. GTA 6 is going to destroy GTA 5 in terms of profit, let's be real. 

it seems like the shareholders have the best of both worlds, they're enjoying all of the profits from GTA Online and Red Dead Online, no doubt there will be much more to profit from when the next project is released.

Edited by gucciflipflops