1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Could GTA 6 be the last GTA we will ever get?

TrueGamer

Since Rockstar is focusing on Online and taking long for RDR2 to be made could GTA VI be the very GTA game we get.

Thomas Cavendish

Maybe.
If you are a gamer in the early 40's like me, you start wondering how many gtas you are gonna see in your life, with this gap between them. 2 more? 3 more?

Every game could be the last game you ever get. It seems like a no brainer that they'll keep making more GTAs long into the future. How many of them we'll be around to see is anyone's guess and varies from person to person.  

RichWalterWhite

Depends on how long you intent to live. Unfortunately, for some folks GTA V will be the last GTA they got.

So better hurry up R*! Some souls are going to haunt you already.

3 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Maybe.
If you are a gamer in the early 40's like me, you start wondering how many gtas you are gonna see in your life, with this gap between them. 2 more? 3 more?

I feel the same way. It reminds me of that grandma who loves Skyrim - Skyrim Grandma - who is afraid that she won’t live see the next ES game. The industry has gotten so corrupted by publicly traded hedge funds and their myopic, dystopian vision of the world that they feel like they’re doing everyone a favor by releasing a new game and quality in workmanship is an act of charity. I’m 42 and I started to identify with Skyrim Grandma.

1 hour ago, Catsooey said:

I feel the same way. It reminds me of that grandma who loves Skyrim - Skyrim Grandma - who is afraid that she won’t live see the next ES game. The industry has gotten so corrupted by publicly traded hedge funds and their myopic, dystopian vision of the world that they feel like they’re doing everyone a favor by releasing a new game and quality in workmanship is an act of charity. I’m 42 and I started to identify with Skyrim Grandma.

In case if she doesn't make to the release, Bethesda made her an NPC so she can be part of the game which I think is a good gesture. 

Take Two owns Rockstar and the rest of their library on the 2k games side is very weak so no I expect many more GTAs as long as they are in business. When they come out though is another story.

Edited by Zello

No, but looking at the time between games probably and how much more longer it might take in the future, I'd say I'll probably still be around to see maybe GTA 9 or ten hopefully. Another thing to look at too is self driving cars might become more prominent in these next upcoming decades, so maybe they'll do it with a twist.

testarossa 86
17 minutes ago, Thejeffster said:

No, but looking at the time between games probably and how much more longer it might take in the future, I'd say I'll probably still be around to see maybe GTA 9 or ten hopefully. Another thing to look at too is self driving cars might become more prominent in these next upcoming decades, so maybe they'll do it with a twist.

this might sound crazy but, I think as the years progress the more of a demand for games set prior to the 2000s become.

today our society is obsessed with the 80s, and some people claim they wish they lived in the 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s without looking at the bigger picture in some sense.

what I mean by the big picture is, most people don't consider the lack of technology, social issues, sort of think everything is "perfect" etc

not bashing anyone's love for a specific decade, but I just think it's sort of ironic that as we progress into the future, we become "obsessed" with the past.

El Penguin Bobo

Don’t be ridiculous.

• Like 2

No, but it might be the last one with Sam Houser still being the president of Rockstar Games, and maybe also other names (e.g. Aaron Garbut).

As for me, personally, it will likely be the last. Not because of old, old age, but I'm at a point where I can see myself moving on from GTA, Rockstar Games and video games. I'm already drifting away, but still excited to witness and experience the next title on the new consoles.

2 hours ago, Jabalous said:

No, but it might be the last one with Sam Houser still being the president of Rockstar Games, and maybe also other names (e.g. Aaron Garbut).

As for me, personally, it will likely be the last. Not because of old, old age, but I'm at a point where I can see myself moving on from GTA, Rockstar Games and video games. I'm already drifting away, but still excited to witness and experience the next title on the new consoles.

I think I’ll always love games because to me games are a mix of books, film, music, history and education, travel and an opportunity to make new friends.  I learned so much about ancient Italy just from playing the Ezio trilogy AC.  I have family that travelled to Florence when I was playing through those games a few years back and they would talk about the architecture, and I would start adding stuff they didn’t know about.  They asked how I knew and I almost told them I was just there, sitting on top of the Duomo lol. If you’re thinking of moving on from GTA maybe you should check out sims like DCS, MS Flight Sim or War Thunder. I got into War Thunder cause I loved flying on Ghillie’s crew on GTA, and now I’m obsessed with German aircraft and aircraft history in general.

VCPR Official

It depends on how its plot will turn to be; if it will be good, it will be last true GTA; otherwise GTA V will be last... 

On 4/11/2021 at 2:19 AM, testarossa 86 said:

this might sound crazy but, I think as the years progress the more of a demand for games set prior to the 2000s become.

today our society is obsessed with the 80s, and some people claim they wish they lived in the 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s without looking at the bigger picture in some sense.

what I mean by the big picture is, most people don't consider the lack of technology, social issues, sort of think everything is "perfect" etc

not bashing anyone's love for a specific decade, but I just think it's sort of ironic that as we progress into the future, we become "obsessed" with the past.

People see the attraction of different times, they don't care about the negatives.

Like listening to 'Don't forget me now' by the British scottish band Simple Mind's, some would reflect back then, well that would be a great time to of been young, simply because of the culture difference, coloured view of the time.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

What I hate about video games now is a lot of them are made to be monetized...instead of making new and quality games they focus on how they can make money off of them for years to come. etc GTA, Skyrim, Fallout. Kind of sad, corporatization has ruined the passion made in a lot of games now. I don't even play video games anymore I really miss the 7th gen and 6th gen, 8th gen was the start of microtransactions in games, and 9th gen well you can very rarely even go to the store and buy a PS5 or Series X at retail lmaooo.

Edited by Octane
  • Like 2
José_Sócrates

It will be the last GTA I'll buy, that's for sure, because of Dan Houser. I'm pretty sure they'll continue milking the series like an old cow for many years after gta 6, but I won't really care about those games anymore. The Rockstar of today is not the same Rockstar that gave us all those classics in the 2000s. There is still hope that Dan Houser, and even Lazlow, were involved in the development of gta 6, but this simply won't be true after that. As such, can we consider any GTAs created after 6's release "real" GTAs? I don't know about you, but I won't, and that's what matters to me. For all intents and purposes, GTA 6 will be the last GTA I'll ever play.

8 hours ago, José_Sócrates said:

It will be the last GTA I'll buy, that's for sure, because of Dan Houser. I'm pretty sure they'll continue milking the series like an old cow for many years after gta 6, but I won't really care about those games anymore. The Rockstar of today is not the same Rockstar that gave us all those classics in the 2000s. There is still hope that Dan Houser, and even Lazlow, were involved in the development of gta 6, but this simply won't be true after that. As such, can we consider any GTAs created after 6's release "real" GTAs? I don't know about you, but I won't, and that's what matters to me. For all intents and purposes, GTA 6 will be the last GTA I'll ever play.

I feel the same way. not only because those guys left but also Ill probably be in my 40s when GTA7 comes out. if it does come out. Im not sure if Im going to play games anymore at that point in my life and even if I do what will GTA7 look like then? I might not like it anymore. so GTA6 will be the last one for me too. its kinda sad. 10 years ago I thought that GTA games are gonna keep coming out for decades to come and Im gonna play them all my life and now Im probably waiting for the last one. for me atleast.

• Like 3
Thomas Cavendish
16 hours ago, José_Sócrates said:

I think VI will be the real final answer for this question. Is Rockstar still the same? 6 will show the path for the future. This game is going to change the industry, for bad or for good.
I see your point, but I still have hope. GTA is now one of the most valuable IP of the world of entertainment, and THE ONE most valuable of game industry, and I dont think they will give it away. Let's see.

7 hours ago, Schwartzxz said:

I feel the same way. not only because those guys left but also Ill probably be in my 40s when GTA7 comes out. if it does come out. Im not sure if Im going to play games anymore at that point in my life and even if I do what will GTA7 look like then? I might not like it anymore. so GTA6 will be the last one for me too. its kinda sad. 10 years ago I thought that GTA games are gonna keep coming out for decades to come and Im gonna play them all my life and now Im probably waiting for the last one. for me atleast.

it's being kind of bittersweet these times for people like us in the 30s 40s.
To see those masterpieces single player experieces to turn out into a massive nonsense online childish mess.

• Like 2
On 4/9/2021 at 7:47 PM, Thomas Cavendish said:

Maybe.

Well, you could die tomorrow...

Thomas Cavendish
42 minutes ago, Fidzy said:

Well, you could die tomorrow...

Obviously. But that is not the point.

Thomas Cavendish
On 4/25/2021 at 8:44 AM, José_Sócrates said:

After watching this, I'm not sure if I'm gonna play the 6 or 5 was real the last one.

This one is also worth watching.

Edited by Thomas Cavendish